Collis Roofing

Founded 1994 • With Angi since January 2006

4.1

485 Commerce Way

Longwood, FL 32750

Collis Roofing is the highest rated and largest roofing contractor in Florida serving 17 counties in Florida with residential and commercial home improvement needs! Collis Roofing goes beyond the regular roofing companies that you'll run into because we can offer things smaller roofing companies can't such as financing, windows and doors, solar energy solutions, and warranties that will be there if you should ever need it. We offer financing for those who qualify from 6 Months same as Cash to 10 Year Fixed Loans, so any home improvement dream from new windows, solar or more can become a reality! After all, Collis Roofing has been around for over 20 years, and you can trust will be here for the next 20 years and beyond!...

09/11/2022

Stephen K.

My friend, Hosea Crooms had to have his roof replaced from a guarantee. These people have stalled for over 1 year and are refusing to pay for materials in an attempt to reduce their obligation to my friend. A Mr. Jack Lambert said he inspected my friend's roof but never actually did the inspection after writing an inspection report that the roof was fine. A second inspector, did a follow-up inspection and found many problems with the roof after Mr. Lambert failed to actually inspect the roof. The roof is replete with bad wood as well as 2 bad pipe boots that still have to be replaced. There is also excessive condensation in the attic. Collin's is refusing to do anything more, until Mr. Crooms pays for materials, which is not part of the guarantee. These people are dishonest and are simply trying to wear my friend down, which will not happen. These people are dishonest and employee deceptive business practices.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category roofing, mold removal, Uncategorized

Collis does not comment on issues related to pending litigation, or privileged communications under F.S.A. 558; however, Collis stands behind its work and has made every effort to work with [Member Name Removed]. Additionally, we were communicating directly with [Member Name Removed] counsel, if they are no longer represented, please ask they formally advise us of same so we can make direct contact.

03/17/2021

Paul M.

The sales rep Wally was initially great. The problem was after the roof was finished . There was additional work that was supposed to be done but wasn’t due to the fact (it was a verbal agreement) and he did not put it in the written estimate. He also would not grandfather in the price of the “free gutters” that he initially said he would. Anytime he answered my phone call he said “you need to speak with somebody else” or “I’m really too busy” and end the conversation abruptly. I then had to go through two or three other associates to get the initial promised work finished. I would recommend going through the senior estimator Andrew Mosher instead of Wally. Andrew gave my son an estimate for his roof and all of the work was done (with gutters) and no issues whatsoever with the entire job.

Description of Work
complete new roof

04/25/2020

Craig W.

Went very well! Called Collis roofing at 10:45 am - roof repaired by 1:15 pm. Initially told I would be contacted in 24-48 hours but was called at noon and asked if they could stop by. Justin showed up at 12:30 and completed the repair quickly. Great guy. My dealings with the office staff was courteous, professional and helpful.

Description of Work
Repair roof

Category contractors, roofing

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed], It's been a pleasure doing business with you and I am glad we were able to service you quickly and efficiently, its the Collis Way!

10/31/2019

Scott R.

They wasted about 6 weeks of my time, from the initial visit to the subcontractor that never showed to them finally telling me they couldn't do the job. The time between my last calls was 20 days, when I called to ask what was up they had no idea I was never contacted. Terrible way to run a business.

Description of Work
Roof repair, two sections

05/31/2019

Chris T.

Excellent; Brian was knowledgeable and understood my needs. Worked with my insurance company to ease my stress and clearly communicated with all parties throughout the process. The install team was professional and timely. Respected my property and cleaned up well after the work was completed

Description of Work
Full re-roof, new gutters, drip edge, replace screen room roof and screw

Category gutter repair, roofing, screen repair

03/16/2019

jacqueline H.

We never received the proposal even asking for it 3 times. I will not call them again nor will I recommend Collis Roofing. Have to say we were surprised, they are big in this area and we always heard good things about them. Not this time.

Description of Work
Leaks on the roof

11/16/2018

Craig W.

The reroof went very well. Very happy I went with Collis Roofing and would work with them again. We are very happy with the scheduling, execution and clean up. Any issues or concerns were promptly addressed and all handled to our complete satisfaction. Coordinating with the office staff (Wendy, Cathy and Chelsea), to get the project rolling was hassle free and they all responded to my inquiries promptly.

Description of Work
Residential roof replacement

06/24/2018

Jacqueline P.

They were prompt. Had a very nice crew. Dumpster onsite to remove old roof. Job was on time , great job and overall good experience with all staff and crew.

Description of Work
New roof and repairs

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for letting us know about your great experience! I will be sure to let our crews, admins and estimator who worked on your staff.

06/06/2018

Nadia L.

They jerks will promise you the world.The worst thing I have ever experienced in customer service. I have a hole in my house due to a fallen tree. In Feb I had an estimator come out and give me a quote. He promised to work diligently with my insurance company but that never happened. I was told that I would need to wait four to six week to get on the repair schedule. So I patiently waited and then after 6 weeks I sent a request for an update on the status of my repair, I received no response so I called and left a message, still no response. I sent a message again 10 days after that and still no response so I sent my estimator a text stating that I just wanted to know if I needed to find another roofer because it was nearing Hurricane season and I still have a hole in my house. I finally got a response stating I was put on the schedule but that my insurance company was being unresponsive. I spoke to my insurance company many times and they always responded to my request for update and have always communicated about what they need. I offered to contact them with him on the phone and didn't hear back from him again. Finally I had enough I sent a message telling him that since he had been unresponsive for a whole month I was moving on. At which point I was given a excuse that he hadn't contacted me in a month because he was on vacation (FOR A MONTH) and then threatened me with a $500 cancellation fee because they had already pulled permits meanwhile they had never given my insurance company anything they had request to proceed. At this point I decided i would continue just because I wanted the hole fixed but I still needed to provided my insurance company the documentation they needed. Time after time I caught my sales rep Andrew lying, on several occasions! After I bluntly called him out and showed evidence, he put in a half-*** effort to prove it by sending me emails showing he sent my quote to the insurance company which made no sense since that was sent by me to the insurance company back in February and they had request further documentation back in March, he never apologized for the lies but kept defending himself like a child. Finally it just got to the point of disrespect of my time and my intelligence. These guys do not respect their customers at all. **** poor communication. Zero follow up. Do yourself a favor and go with ANYONE ELSE. These guys aren't professional. If any would like to see the exchange between me and this unprofessional company please reply to me I would be happy to send you screen shots. The fact that the owners would take the word if a slacker of an employee over multiple customer who have complained bout the same experience show they are completely unprofessional.

Description of Work
Our roof had a tree fall on it the week before hurricane Irma. All the roofing companies became back logged with work

This is the response we [Member Information Removed] given to Ms. [Member Name Removed] in all the places she submitted this review. ----- Hi [Member Name Removed], We understand that the a roof replacement even without a major storm can be stressful, which is why we have invested in on going training and job management systems to help ensure customers are followed up with, communication is recorded when possible, insurance is continually contacted as it is 99.9% of the time the bottleneck of any insurance claim to restoring a roof and detailed records are kept at every step of the way from GPS records to when orders come in for buying materials and ordering permits. I have reviewed your specific file and all copies of all correspondence with you, your insurance company and GPS times our estimator was at your home including the texts, calls and emails you made as well as the office and estimator. Our Senior Estimator Andrew's correspondence and GPS records show he timely submitted all required documents to resolve your insurance claim and continually reached out to them. The contract you signed does show that you signed and acknowledged the $500 cancellation agreement which only covers the cost of the permit pulled, and did not include the other costs incurred such as the materials ordered on your behalf or administrative costs incurred to process your file, order materials, get your permit, etc. Our estimator was on vacation for slightly over a week, but many estimators including Andrew missed vacations and time with family including during the holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter due to Hurricane Irma and the immense demand it created with over 281,000 insurance claims in the Collis Roofing area. Unfortunately, our Senior Estimator Andrew was with the Roof Replacement Manager Brian Kuehner when you were messaging him this afternoon. He saw the voice and language being used in the texts from you, reviewed the GPS records and files as well before this review and asked that the estimator please ask that you no longer contact the estimator and that we do not wish to continue to have you as a customer and have released you from contract. This also means, as we have previously stated to you today, that we are 100% OK with waiving the $500 cancellation fee as we are cancelling doing business with you, not the other way around. We respectfully request that you no longer continue to contact our Senior Estimator Andrew via text, email or calls. If you wish to speak to someone on staff, you may reach out to the Roof Replacement Manager Brian Kuehner who made the decision. He can be reached at 321-441-2300

11/13/2017

Lamont P.

It was a managed property and the owner paid for it. It was done quick. It was professional and we ended up with a good roof.

Description of Work
Roofing

09/26/2017

Deborah K.

The crew working on the roof was very good. Here early in the morning and worked till late in the day. They never stopped, except for a short lunch and then back again in the heat. Very happy with the workmanship and management of the job. Compliments from the neighbors on the look of the new roof!

Description of Work
Replacement of roof.

09/26/2017

Cassie B.

Awful, still hasn't been replaced, they still have my insurance money and keep making false promises. DO NOT sign and AOB with this company because they will not get things done in a timely manner. My paperwork sat on an attorney's desk for 4 months. My Collis Rep had advised me they had their attorney working on all of this for me. I called the attorney they had the case "on-hold", now the attorney needs ME to fill out paperwork for litigation to start. The paperwork looks and sounds fishy to me. This ALL has been ON GOING since MARCH 2017 and it's the END of SEPTEMBER 2017 and there has been NO RPOGRESS AT ALL only MORE SHINGLES MISSING OFF MY ROOF. (they will apologize and make up excuses and stories and place blame on everything except themselves!) Here is a a little blurb I wrote to someone else...... I contacted Collis Roofing in March of 2017 for and estimate, the person I was working with advised me to call him back when the insurance adjuster was going to come out. So in April when the adjuster came out I contacted the person again. I took the word of the Collis Rep. that they would do my roof and everything they could to get the process rolling. All of the 5 estimates I got were lower than what my insurance company came in at. The Collis Rep. advised it was okay, sign the AOB and sign over the insurance check and they would take care of it all, all at NO extra cost to me. So I do so taking the word of the Collis Rep. The Collis Rep. did advise I needed to resign the contract to make an adjustment IF it needed to go to court for litigation. (the Collis Rep. had lost my check somewhere, didn't tell me I needed my fathers signature on it since he's co-owner, I had to go to the bank for endorsement but I couldn't do that since the mortgage was n my fathers name - the Collis Rep. knew all this but made me attempt all this anyways). So I had called the Collis Rep. many times to check on the status of the roof, he had no updates, I called with concerns about insects, lifting tiles, and weather (rain) conditions. I had even called prior to hurricane Irma with my concern about leaking and damage and inquired about tarps. He came out and did a temporary patch that came off immediately with the high winds. So I decided to call the so called attorney's that they had "hired on my behalf" per the Collis Rep. to check on the status myself. She had advised it was sitting on her desk in a "on-hold" status (Collis was working with me on something!?) I advised her no I was waiting for things to progress to get my roof replaced. So Since June when the paperwork was resigned with Collis, NOTHING had happened, NOTHING progress and I still haven't got my roof replaced. I have more damage now due to hurricane Irma, they didn't want to trap it since this was a new hurricane (Matthew was the original hurricane that did the damage). They said they were going to work on getting tarps but that was almost 2 weeks ago. I had contacted the President of the Company, he said he wanted my information so he could look into it and call me. I gave him my information and he hadn't called so I contacted him again and inquired why I hadn't heard from him and again explained the situation in depth. I still HAVEN'T heard from him. Now the attorney wants me to sign legal documents to proceed with litigation but the Collis Rep. had said they would handle everything at NO COST to me. I have new damage due to them not replacing my roof, I had extensive clean up, a busted A/C unit, they have my insurance money. I am broke and can't afford to pay another deductible with my new insurance company to do the new repairs that may not have occurred if Collis had replaced my roof in June as they stated they would. This is now going on almost 6 months. The Collis Rep. hadn't done his job and paperwork had laid around for almost 4 months which obviously delayed this process GREATLY.

Description of Work
I needed a roof replacement on a 2 story home.

09/01/2017

James C.

perfect - on time with quality work for price quoted.

Description of Work
roof replacement.

08/26/2017

Patricia A.

They were very punctual and I would use them again for sure.

Description of Work
They repaired a leak.

08/16/2017

Ken O.

The worst thing I have ever experienced in customer service. I requested to speak to a manager on multiple occasions, I tried through their reception, finance department, and was always rerouted to my sales contact. They started a month late, didn't finish the job and then started demanding final payment, finished the job but left a mess and routed my gutters according to their mood rather than our agreed upon contract. I caught them lying on several accounts and they denied them for months for no reason but I guess lethargy. After I bluntly called them out and showed evidence, they put in a half assed effort to remedy it, never apologizing for the lies they spent months defending. 4 months of agonizing communications and the project is finally complete. These guys do not respect their customers or themselves. **** poor communication. Zero follow up. Do yourself a favor and go with a higher bid. These guys arent worth any cost savings.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters.

06/14/2017

Edward B.

They came on time and found the roof in be in good condition except to the areas that were leaking due to the improper installation of the solar panels. They repaired the roof where required and notified me that we found the problem quickly and so the wet area in the attic just dried out without any permanent damage. They were on time and completed the work quickly.

Description of Work
Collis installed the new roof about 10 years ago. There were some problems with the way our solar pool heaters were installed and over the years the screws moved leading to a few leaks in the roof. We had the pool solar panels removed and had Collis repair the roof, before installation of new solar panels properly.

05/30/2017

Carol A.

They came out and set up an appointment and never showed up. We called and they kept promising but never showed. They should have told us, they were busy or couldn't do it instead of stringing us along.

Description of Work
our tile roof was leaking and we lost tiles due to a storm.

05/08/2017

Mike L.

The work itself is good. The crew was fast and efficient. The final product looks good. I am less enamored of the sales staff, which was great up until the contract was signed. After that came repeated delays, which I actually understand and found tolerable. I told them it wasn't a terrible hurry, so that's fine. But this is one of those tales of constantly chasing down the estimator (salesman), who apparently is the only person at the company the customer can speak with. Calls went unreturned and questions unanswered. What brought me to write this review is that 10 weeks after the job was done and my check was cashed the company has yet to send the warranty and other documents I was supposed to receive. I've called several times and been promised by the salesman that he'll look into it. And nothing. This kind of unresponsiveness is maddening, and inexcusable for a reputable company.

Description of Work
Roof replacement on a two-story home with steep pitches.

04/14/2017

Walter B.

just the usual hiccups but fine overall.

Description of Work
Re-roofed our home and studio/work-shop.

03/15/2017

Catherine A.

The repair was performed very professionally and quickly. The crews were prompt and completed the job as expected.

Description of Work
I had a small flat section of my roof replaced in 2012. The initial repair used a tapered insulated product that failed after 4 years of the 5 year warranty. There were obvious problems with the roofing material used such as puddling and rot on the underneath part of the roof deck, which fortunately we could see as it is exposed in one area. After I contacted the home office in Longwood, Mr. Huston got personally involved and resolved the problem within two weeks. The new roof section was re-engineered and re-built with a different solution and we are confident it will last a long time.

02/18/2017

Jan W.

Excellent! Workers were very thoughtful & professional. Cleaned up!

Description of Work
Our entire roof was replaced, a little wood also. Only Time will tell about the Quality. The representatives we met in person & spoke to on the phone were all very professional & friendly. They were able to work directly our homeowner insurance company. This was a plus. :o)

01/26/2017

William C.

The crew was professional and the Supervisor, Travis was present at all times.

Description of Work
My roof and living room ceiling damaged during Hurricane Matthew. Joey Mcvay came out and gave an estimate. Insurance approved and work completed on November 11, 2016.

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing

Thanks Mr. [Member Name Removed] for letting us know about your positive experience with our crew, Superintendent Travis Lemons and Estimator Joey McVay!

11/04/2016

Patricia A H.

Wonderful service, everyone was professional

Description of Work
brand new roof

Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed] for letting us know about your great experience as well as choosing and trusting Collis Roofing to live up to your expectations!

11/03/2016

Jose E R.

Approximately a week ago I completed an application online to be contacted. Did not get a call nor a reply to my message. Bad customer service!!!

Description of Work
Nothing at ALL

08/29/2016

James T.

Either they work together or they don’t work together. I would tell a friend to be cautious.

Description of Work
I wanted to get an estimate for the roof. They came out twice and they never gave me a complete estimate. They did one roof for me.