Floor Coverings International

Founded 1990 • With Angi since October 1999

Cost is determined by job. , shop-at-home. Celebrating our 25th. Year! Welcome to Floor Coverings International. We are the premier flooring company serving the greater Tampa Bay area. We provide high quality design and installation services and carry the latest flooring products including

2022 Super Service Award

flooring (95)hardwood floors (50)tile installation (29)carpet installation (24)marble & granite (2)

01/31/2022

Patricia R.

Beyond excellent Bills crew is very professional trustworthy and clean They finish when they say they would. This is my second experience with FLOOR COVERINGS INTERNATIONAL IN LARGO. I went out of town until the work was completed. I trust them with a key to my home. I live in a townhouse with neighbors on both sides. My neighbors had no complaints. I have plans to start a remodel on my master bath with Sue from the same company. You will not be disappointed. I promise. Patricia Rickey. Tu all

Description of Work
Remove old wood floors and install new floors baseboard and door frame

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 01/20/2022

Review for Floor Coverings International - 12350 Belcher Rd S, Largo, FL - 39614606

01/13/2022

Jennifer C.

A++ Experience! Bill spent a lot of time showing us flooring samples to make sure we got exactly what we were looking for. The installers were fantastic! Friendly, tidy and took their time to do the installation correctly. Love my new wood flooring!

Description of Work
Wood Flooring

Work Completed On 01/14/2022

12/15/2021

Jennifer P.

Bill and his team are incredibly professional, provided high quality work and completed the project quicker than expected. I would 100% hire Bill and his team for future projects!

Description of Work
Install Luxury Vinyl Flooring and 5" trim

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 12/06/2021

08/26/2021

Carrie G.

The entire process was excellent. Bill Hess & staff were prompt, professional, and completed the job without any issues. Everyone was a pleasure to work with too. We would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Engineered hardwood floor install

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 08/26/2021

Review for Floor Coverings International - 12350 Belcher Rd S, Largo, FL - 39458258

08/01/2021

Melinda H.

Installation was excellent. Carefully done and beautiful result. Highly recommend this company. Bill was particularly helpful in both picking the flooring and checking on works progress. Great local business!

Description of Work
New flooring

Work Completed On 08/01/2021

06/08/2021

Rob H.

6/8/21 11:43AM, called phone number listed on Angi.com and after ringing 4-5 times it automatically disconnected. Called back, after 4-5 rings automated voice said "please enter your password." How can a customer be helped if they can not contact this company? Will look for a company that can provide common sense service.

Description of Work
tile work in house

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 06/08/2021

I am so sorry to hear that. Sometimes the technology is not what it is supposed to be... Please feel free to contact me directly on my cell 727-458-7741. Thank you. Bill

01/25/2021

Kathleen C.

Bill Hess and his team of installers were fantastic in every - workmanship, customer support, accommodating of our daily routine. Bill, the owner, made almost daily "pop-ins" to make sure the work was proceeding well and to address any concerns we might have (none!) Without any hesitation, will definitely recommend to our friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
New flooring

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 01/28/2021

11/09/2020

Wendy M.

Bill & his crew exceeded my expectations & the project went smoothly, without a hitch, Bill orchestrated everything perfectly & he kept me informed & calm throughout the project. If you want your flooring project done right, hire Bill, you won’t regret it!

Description of Work
New flooring

Work Completed On 11/14/2020

10/17/2020

Patti S.

Installed luxury vinyl flooring in entire house. They did an excellent job. They made sure everything was cleaned up before they left every day. They moved our furniture to install flooring and moved it back after installing. great selection of products and competitive pricing. Pleasant experience and our floors look awesome!

Description of Work
New flooring

Category carpet installation

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

09/04/2020

Marti S.

Very smoothly! Crew was excellent! Very professional!

Description of Work
New flooring

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

06/23/2020

Jack and Susan S.

What a joy it was to work with such a wonderful group of people. Beginning with Bill whose knowledge, kindness and selection of quality flooring guided us through our project. We removed carpeting and laminate through out our home and replaced it with waterproof luxury vinyl plank flooring. Bills wonderful installers came in removed our existing flooring and kept a clean job site. The crew was professional, knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. The quality of their work was awesome. We could not be happier and would highly recommend Bill for your next job.

Description of Work
New floors

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

05/08/2020

Ellynn B.

Bill Hess and his team were absolutely excellent. Bill had a wonderful selection in his showroom. This was a huge project which had many installation challenges. He showed extreme patience throughout this project. He was patient when I was indecisive even offering his words of wisdom to ensure a beautiful completed result. He readily returned phone calls and always took the time to carefully explain the entire renovation project to me. Everything turned out great and this company would be a very strong recommendation by me for anyone with a small or larger job. Bill only wants the customer to be happy and really goes the extra mile to achieve that result. A huge big thumbs up to Bill and his entire team.

Description of Work
complete renovation of bathrooms and main home flooring

Category ceramic tile, remodeling

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

01/09/2020

Bill Hess (FCI) made this project easy! My condo reno was being done while I was not living on site. Bill handled everything smoothly! Everything from choosing the new flooring and new shower design was easy with Bill’s direction. He knew his products and together we figured out what would work for me. I’m impressed with his knowledge of products and his easy going way of listening to my vision of the end result. Together we made my dream come true! I would highly recommend working with Bill and FCI!!!

Description of Work
Interior flooring, balcony flooring, tub converted to walk in shower, existing shower redone

Work Completed On 01/04/2020

We are so glad to hear you had a great experience working with us. Thank you for trusting us with your project, we hope you are enjoying the renovations!

08/09/2019

JoAnn R.

Amazing! From Start to Finish. The President of the company, Bill Hess helped us in selecting the type and color of the floor. He was very professional and knowledgeable. He came to the house measured and then relayed to the workers what needed to be done. They did an awesome job installing all flooring and transitions! Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Description of Work
Flooring, cortec

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

Review for Floor Coverings International - 12350 Belcher Rd S, Largo, FL - 38036537

Thank you for your kind words.

06/20/2019

Dot M.

Floor Coverings International - Bill Hess - what can you say about this amazing team!! From start to finish the work was perfect!!! Tom, the tile guy, couldn't ask for better. Working with Bill was the best experience throughout the whole seven-month remodel. You will not be disappointed!

Description of Work
Remodel - beach home

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

Review for Floor Coverings International - 12350 Belcher Rd S, Largo, FL - 37939855

[Member Name Removed], Thank you and [Member Name Removed] for your kind words!

03/19/2019

Vivian S.

Bill Hess Floor Coverings International has helped us numerous time over the past ten years. He has helped us with flooring in our personal condo several times. He is quick to respond, dependable in getting the job done and has very competitive pricing. We are Realtors in the Clearwater Beach/Belleair area and he has also helped many of our clients with flooring needs. We do not hesitate to refer him for all flooring needs.

Description of Work
Replaced flooring in our beach condo.

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

Review for Floor Coverings International - 12350 Belcher Rd S, Largo, FL - 37770796

Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate your recommendation.

03/16/2019

Debbie A.

Bill is great to work with. Installation was done professionally and on time.

Description of Work
Replaced entire house flooring

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 11/26/2018

Review for Floor Coverings International - 12350 Belcher Rd S, Largo, FL - 37765346

Thank you for the review!

03/04/2019

Lori J.

Floor Covering International in Clearwater, installed new Shaw Luxury Vinyl Plank Waterproof Flooring throughout our condo, and they replaced the baseboards. The floors are gorgeous! It gave the condo a fresh, contemporary look and makes the space seem bigger. Bill Hess, the owner, is knowledgeable, responsive, and a very genuine person. He and his crew are dedicated to doing quality work. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
New LVP Flooring and Baseboards

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, remodeling

Work Completed On 12/15/2018

Review for Floor Coverings International - 12350 Belcher Rd S, Largo, FL - 37742698

Thank you guys so much!

02/19/2019

Christina C.

Overall my experience was excellent. I was most impressed with the professional manner in which Bill Hess treated my project. Questions were answered promptly and any particular concerns I had were addressed. The install crew was very conscientious, pleasant, and I could readily tell that they took pride in a job well done. The best way to sum up my experience with Floor Coverings International...I was totally at ease and confident that I was in good hands throughout.

Description of Work
Remove old carpeting and install wood flooring

Work Completed On 01/30/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind words!

01/25/2019

Jim S.

Bill, the owner of Floor Coverings International provided us with white glove service. He personally watched over the job and made sure our house was locked up and secure at the end of each day while we were out of town. The two installers named Gabriel and Marcel were incredible. They were professional, neat and took the extra time necessary to make sure the floor was level and the install would be outstanding when completed. We were blown away by the work they did as every attention to detail was considered and the job outcome was incredible. We couldn't be happier with the install and the special care of our home they took throughout the process. Bill told us at the beginning of the job that he would treat our home as if it were his own and he, Gabriel and Marcel did just that. I wouldn't consider anyone else other than Floor Coverings International for our floor covering needs.

Description of Work
Removal of existing tile, carpet and wood floors and replaced with wood looking tile. The entire size of the install was approximately 2,200 sq. ft.

Work Completed On 09/28/2018

Review for Floor Coverings International - 12350 Belcher Rd S, Largo, FL - 37676776

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] so much for your kind words! We sincerely appreciate it!

10/29/2018

Rick G.

Bill and his crews did an outstanding job in providing and installing new tile floor throughout our house. Bill suggested several options in the design of our project, always suggestions, never any pressure. He has lots of tile to choose from in his showroom. When we made the choice to go with Floor Coverings International, Bill helped select a good date for starting and explained the whole process, from demolition to final approval. Two different crews worked on our project. They were very meticulous with their work and it looked great when they were done. Bill came to our house several times during the installation to check on progress and answer any of our questions. He was also always available by phone or text. Definitely we would highly recommend FCI.

Description of Work
We replaced all of the flooring in our house (some tile, some carpet) with new tile.

Work Completed On 08/31/2018

We are so glad to hear you had a good experience with us. Thank you for the review!

09/18/2018

Jennifer T.

Excellent service and professionalism. The work was started and completed on schedule. Any questions or concerns I had during the installation were addressed thoroughly. Bill made sure that I fully understood what work was being done and why. There were a few obstacles with my subfloor once the carpet was removed and Bill and his team were able to quickly troubleshoot the issues. I am extremely happy with the final results! Great job done well by professionals!

Description of Work
Removal of carpet and installation of wood/laminate flooring throughout living area and master bathroom.

Work Completed On 09/18/2018

Thank you for the review! We appreciate it.

09/06/2018

Jack B.

Very smooth! Love our floors. The process was prompt and very pleased with the staff installers.

Description of Work
Three bedrooms with wood laminated floors