Armor Guard Painting & Coating LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since September 2007

Armor Guard Painting & Coating is a full service residential painting contractor that specializes in high quality residential exterior and interior painting and coating. Armor Guard Painting & Coating is your preferred contractor to protect and paint your home. We are well known for our high quality work and excellent service. Armor Guard Painting & Coating also offers safety and security window film. You can’t prevent disasters, but you can be prepared. No matter what your needs, we have the experience and expertise to recommend and apply the highest quality products. Please contact us today for a free, no obligation estimate....

4.4

house painting (44)interior painting (19)stucco (5)pressure washing (6)roof cleaning (1)deck cleaning (1)siding companies (1)

08/08/2019

Michelle N.

My mother in law first had an estimate from this company on June 24th. They were supposed to repair rotten @cost +150%, repair cracks and breaks where necessary, pressure wash the entire house, primer and paint the entire house. She was quoted 2,900 to do this job so she hired them and paid the deposit. When the pressure washers got here on the 27th they spent exactly 1 hour pressure washing the entire house. When they left the house was still covered in dirt and peeling old paint. My mother in law called the next day and spoke to the office lady. She left a message for someone to call her back due to the fact the pressure washing was not finished. Rodney called her back on June 29th. When he spoke to her he was very short and rude. He informed her she would have hire a different contract company to do the wood work on the home. He told her it was too detailed of work for them to do. He then told her to call him when she was ready and hung up. It is now August 8th and she did hire another contractor to do the work. They have been doing an amazing job doing everything this company was supposed to do. Now that all the prep work is done Rodney sent out 3 men to supposedly start the paint. He hasn't spoke to her since June 29th. When the guys showed up to supposedly start the paint they were in a tiny compact car. They had barely any room for there to be enough paint for the whole house. They had no ladders, no rollers, and really no supplies to do the painting. My mother in law called Rodney and told him she did what he told her to do and hired a different contractor. He then told her the last time they spoke they made plans for the painter to come and paint on the 5th. Which is not what was said and is still over a month late. She will be having the new contractors finishing the work. Of course she won't be getting the deposit back. He made sure to tell her that when she told him the new contractors will be finishing the painting. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Entire home repair and paint

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/29/2019

11/16/2017

Michael M.

The estimator came out to my house and upon explaining what I needed (stucco repair) he proceeded to explain to me that it would be impossible to match the paint and that after completeing the stucco the whole house would need to be painted (complete upsell and not what I expected). The good news, and the reason I decided to do business with this Co is their pricing with the stucco repair and new paint came in around what others were charging for the Stucco repair alone. So I went with this company. On a positive note the paint job looks really good and when all was done the stucco plus paint were good enough to pass the insurance inspection (the purpose for the repair in the first place). I cannot give an A rating because the company didnt actually specialize what they initially told they did (stucco) they simply used it as a sales opportunity, moreover their own painters agreed with me about the crap stucco job they hired a subcontractor to complete

Description of Work
Needed Stucco siding replaced and patched on portions of outside of home. This company came up in my search for Stucco repair, however they are NOT A STUCCO REPAIR COMPANY. The stucco work was contracted out to an individual whom did a subpar job.

Category stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

I'm sorry you feel this way but we gave our experienced opinion. We did not try to up sell you at all. Anyone knows that if you try to just do a patch job in an area of the house and paint just that area it will look different from the rest because of the fading factor in paint. You admit in this that the job looks great but I get a false grade for giving you my honest opinion. Again, I'm sorry. But I feel this should not be a B rating.

04/29/2017

Monica L.

The entire job went very well and was completed in a timely manner with the utmost attention to detail and quality. They did a fantastic job with taping up everything to avoid overspray. We highly recommend Armor Guard for your home exterior needs.

Description of Work
We've lived in our home over 15 years so it was time to freshen up the exterior paint. We ended up contacting three different contractors and decided to go with Armor Guard due to their professionalism, expertise and customer service.

Work Completed On 04/22/2017

Review for Armor Guard Painting & Coating LLC - 2401 W. Bay Dr., Largo, FL - 34927865

We appreciate your business. Thanks for letting us make your home look new again.

11/04/2016

Joseph C.

The overall experience was very good. The crew did an excellent job painting the exterior which included a lot of hand brushwork. The quality of the work is excellent, There were a few cleanup issues at the end that I did'nt catch on the final walk through, but they cleaned and fixed anything I noticed immediately. Very happy with the end product.

Description of Work
Pressure wash, scrape peeling or loose paint, painted a 2700 Sq ft Historic home. Lots of trim work that had to be hand painted.

Work Completed On 10/10/2016

Thanks for your business.

07/22/2016

Jerry Z.

Outside showed up on time. Too much of a high to do a PVO festival job. Inside to cheap to remove hardware on doors. Tried to mask, paint on door handles & hardware. Finish I could give this Co. a great grade. They need to improve the quality of their help.

Description of Work
Painting the outside of the house. Inside trim & ceiling painted, promised to come back and touch up inside, never came back never removed calls. Outside I had to have them come back 2 times. Too much of a rush.

Work Completed On 04/18/2016

I'm really sorry you feel that way. We try very hard to please. I don't feel like this is a fair grade for what we did. Please call us so we can resolve this matter if there is any.

05/20/2016

DENNIS W.

From start to finish. They helped me with making sure the color was right to the end of job. Super experience.

Description of Work
Pressure wash, patch & paint outside of my house.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 04/19/2016

It was a pleasure doing business with you.

05/18/2016

Kathleen O.

Both crews were on time, courteous, professional and very conscientious. Both were hard working: starting early, no long breaks.

Description of Work
Interior painting. Exterior painting including pool deck.

Work Completed On 04/15/2016

Thanks for your business. It was a pleasure.

05/11/2016

david R.

We met company representative at home show and set up an appt. He came as scheduled and offered us 3 options. We made appt. to have stucco to front of our home. A gentleman came next day looked over job and said he would call when he could start the job. Well they were here the next day, 2 men. They finished the job in one day.. We were extremely happy with the results, wished we could have afforded to do the whole house and when we can will use this business.

Description of Work
Stucco applied to front of home

Category stucco

Work Completed On 04/19/2016

Thanks for your business. Call us when your ready for more work. We will help you in any way.

04/06/2016

Melissa W.

Everyone was on time, very professional & respectful. So far, this has been the smoothest part of our renovation. I would definitely recommend Armor Guard Painting!

Description of Work
Rodney's team of painters did an amazing job. We needed stucco work done to the chimney area of our new home we purchased. The stucco job looks great. They pressure washed to remove dirt and debris. They painted the entire exterior of the house, painted the gutters, exterior doors, soffit & fascia.

Category siding, pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 03/07/2016

Thank you for your business!!

02/24/2016

Wayne P.

Excellent sales presentation by Tim McCormick, worked with us on price. We are un affixed income. From start of job to finish Jorge and his helper worked very quickly and professionally. Taking no Breaks and finished job with a beautiful job done.

Description of Work
Power wash home, prime home for painting and painted house.

Category pressure washing, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/18/2016

thanks for your business, It was a pleasure!!

01/29/2016

Wendy B.

Armor Guard was professional and provided quality work. The company was hired during a home remodeling project and was the only company to contact me to check on the status of the job. They were the only company that arrived on time each day and for all of the schedule dates of service. It was a pleasure working with them and I will hire them for all my painting needs in the future. I would highly recommend Armor Guard.

Description of Work
Armor Guard painted the interior of my home

Work Completed On 01/11/2016

It was a pleasure doing business with you!!

01/27/2016

Lynn R.

It didn't go so great. They did show up on time. However, they weren't even here for 10 minutes. He came in introduced himself, gave me a brochure with the colors, filled out a Work Order, showed me a sample of what the coating was to make it last longer (and I mean just showed me). gave me a price. and that was it. I got the feeling that my home wasn't worth their time (I live in a townhome) or effort. We go no information on the company or even what the 5 or 10 year warranty covers just gave the price. All done, they left. NOT IMPRESSED, I did receive a call from the Owner with apologies, and I would recommend them - atleast for an estimate and go from there. We will be comparing this estimate with another company.

Description of Work
Met at Home Show and scheduled an appointment for an estimate of what it would cost to paint the outside my home

Work Completed On 01/27/2016

I talk to my estimator and his side of story was much different. He measured her home as it was a very small application, only front and back of this small townhome. He came in told her exactly what we do showed her a sample and gave her color options and a price. $1200 for 800 sq.ft is only $150 per sq. for the 10yr coating and I get a "C" for price. That should be an "A". We met her at the home show and gave her a special price based on that. He had recently been in a car accident and has a broken arm with a cast and said he was in a lot of pain and since her husband wasn't home to see the demonstration that he decided he would come back and explain everything to him so he didn't want to spend a lot of time with her only as she mentioned that she couldn't make a decision with out him anyways. This is a very unfair post and I feel like she should remove this completely.

01/18/2016

Justin H.

Armor Guard was above and beyond any paint company I've ever used. Not only for the price but detail, responsiveness, trust with my home, punctuality, and they kept their word with completion dates and times. I HIGHLY recommend them for any paint service you may need at home or business.

Description of Work
Painted entire interior and exterior of new home.

Work Completed On 05/07/2015

Thanks for your business, it was a pleasure doing business with you!!

01/08/2016

colleen M.

They did an outstanding job. They were very professional as well as very considerate being in our house. They gave us a time frame and stuck to what they said. I highly recommend using this company.

Description of Work
Painted the interior of our house.

Work Completed On 12/01/2015

Thanks for your business, It was a pleasure doing work for you!!

01/08/2016

Michael B.

Painters came in and were very friendly and professional from the start. They went over their course of action and proceeded with their work. Work was done very clean and neat. Cleanup was performed very nicely.

Description of Work
Total repaint of my home.

Work Completed On 10/05/2015

Thanks for your business, It was a pleasure doing work for you!!

01/07/2016

Helen H.

The contract I have states they would leave everything in pristine condition. ?They were supposed to cover all doors, windows, shrubs and lawn areas not being painted or coated in order to prevent over spray. ? I have cherry wood entry doors. ?Armor Guard power washed these wood doors and now they are warped. ?I have to push real hard to open the double doors. ?My plants and shrubs were over sprayed with paint along with the wood chips. ?They said they would pay for half of the doors to have them fixed. ?I talked with the manufacturer of the doors and they said I need to wait 4 months before anyone touches the doors to see how they dry out. ?So presently I have to deal with the doors the way they are. They did not cover the shrubs and when I addressed this they said the shrubs would grow out. ?They also specified they would replace rotten wood and they didn't. This company should not be working on expensive homes in my opinion. ?They don't know how to do a professional painters job.

Description of Work
I hired Armor Guard to paint the exterior of my home.

Work Completed On 11/11/2015

Ok so I will respond to this to defend my company because most of this is very untrue. first of all when we paint a house we pressure wash the entire house from top to bottom. There is not a door manufacture in the world that would install exterior doors and say they cannot get wet. My guys just rinsed her doors off and we had to show her several times only 1 day after we washed them why her door was not closing and it was simply because she was not pushing the door hand hard enough. Doors don't warp after being wet less than 24hrs anyways and if they did then the normal moisture from mother nature would of already took a toll on them...."there exterior doors" she had someone else come the next day and re pressure wash her entire home, we asked her why? her answer was she didn't think we did a good enough job. that guys also got her doors wet when we showed up the next day to paint they were soaked. everything was covered and masked off with paper. the wood didn't need replaced as we showed her that and didn't want to replace something that didn't need it which in return we didn't even charge her for that. We came back on several occasions to clean up. I will admit there was one are in the back where the bushes were so over grown that we could get them all covered up and a little over spray got on a few leaves. My guys plucked the leaves off to make her happy. There was about 10 leaves. As the owner of this company, I don't think this grade is fair, because her house looked amazing after it was done and she paid me in full. I even told her that with her doors that I would come back anytime and re stain and finish her doors at 1/2 price because she said that she was going to do that anyways. I have video from the painters of them opening the doors and closing them with no problems. Sorry she is STILL un happy after all we tried to do to make her happy. We bent over backwards to make her happy as we do with all customers.

03/06/2015

Deborah S.

Proposal price for painting and (prepping) honored without increase even with higher quality paint used. Painting crew - professional, proficient, neat, prompt. Overall great experience and the results were great.

Description of Work
Prep & paint house.

Work Completed On 01/21/2015

Thanks for your business. It was a pleasure!!

02/26/2015

Ron & Ginny P.

Job went well but painters came to work later than expected. However, out house looks awesome.

Description of Work
Paint exterior of home.

Work Completed On 01/30/2015

thanks for your business!!

02/19/2015

Richard M.

Zero → 0 Worst experience that I ever had to endure. I paid $400.00 initial deposit with the balance was to be paid when the job was completed. A team of two workers man and a woman came to my home and started criticizing my wife early in the morning. After I over heard this I went out in disbelief and tried to be cognizant as to what was happening and why. A few days prior the field manager and his wife came to my... view more home selling the work and looked the home over and voiced the company would do a good job with no mention of any problems with my home. I infer that the crew just didn't want to work and after a brief period of their criticism I told them both they need to leave my home. I went outside to write down the license plate number of their vehicle, the man took a poke at me... My wife and I are disabled and I am a Veteran... Please be advised to steer clear of this business.

Description of Work
The provider did nothing but steal our money and talk to my wife and I in and extremely condescending tone. The man attacked me when I tried to write his plate number down after he threw two cans of paint out of the truck before they left.

Work Completed On 01/08/2015

First of all in my defense, when we got to this house to start painting, my crew went in to start getting set up and ready to paint to find dirty laundry all over the place, bags of garbage on the floor and the house looked like it needed a cleaning crew, not a painting crew. We simply told the homeowner that they would need to pick some of there stuff up before we could start. They got very offended and thought we were insulting them. Who hires a painting company and has them come paint with the house this way. I'm sorry, but no one took any swings at this gentleman and he fabricated the story then lied to the police when they came. The police even called me and said that he thought the gentleman was lying when he was asking him questions. I kept his deposit because we left him all his paint there and my contract clearly states if we start the job or order materials that they forfeit there deposit. I told the homeowner that I would send another crew to his house and he refused.

01/03/2015

debra U.

They did a very nice job. They did exactly what I wanted done. They did it in the 3 days that they said it would take. They cleaned up after themselves. They took all my patio furniture out and put it back in its spot after the job. They were very professional. I was blown away by the price!

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of my house.

Work Completed On 11/15/2014

It was a pleasure doing business with you. We aim to please with our workmanship and pricing.

11/14/2014

Kathryn N.

Armor Guard uses unskilled labor and bullying tactics with the customer. No quality control was performed by the company during or after the work was completed to ensure the property was left TIDY, CLEAN, and BEAUTIFUL (their brochure) even though it was requested on three separate occasions. Although the contract stipulates that the customer does not pay until work is completed satisfactory, the company billed our credit card for the total amount without our permission and without inquiring if the work was satisfactorly completed. When we contacted Armor Guard to ask why our credit card was charged, the owner said that the painter told him it was finished. According to the contract, and quot;the home owner is the final inspector on the job and is required to fill out an Armor Guard completion certificateand quot; which did not happen. After much discussion and a disputed charge filed with our credit card company the charge was finally reversed. We eventually settled for and quot;good enoughand quot; rather than and quot;completely satisfiedand quot; as Armor Guard promised. The work was sloppy and unprofessional. The painters arrived late every day. On the first day the lead painter asked why we had gone with Armor Guard. I told him it was because of the quality garantee and the reviews we had read. He said he was surprised since the reviews he had seen from customers were quite negative. He then proceeded to inform me that he would only get paid about $200 for the job and that the paint would be subtracted from that amount. (We were paying $2,850.) The painters did not clean up sufficiently and there were drips and splatters on walls, floors, deck, bushes, and driveway. I had to periodically remind them what was expected and what was promised. On day two of the job I called Armor Guard to complain and ask for different painters. If that wasn't possible, I asked that everything stop. I was told by the owner that since I had signed a contract I had no way of getting out of the deal. He said he would talk to the painters and that they would stay until everything was completed correctly. I asked if someone from the company could come by the house to inspect the work. The owner told me that wasn't how they did things. The same painters returned the third day and fixed most of the issue brought to their attention, but caused a few new ones. By this time things were getting tense and I was again informed that they weren't getting paid to spend this much time on a project. The painters had to come back two more times, the first was on their own, the second was directed by Armor Guard. I was very uncomfortable being placed in a position between the painters and the owner. The owner had been very rude on the phone and the painters were angry at him and at us. It was a very unpleasant situation. We have had quite a bit of repair and remodeling work done over the years and have always been able to resolve any issues with our contractors in a professional manner. In our experience, routine inspections by a company representative are usually part of the process since they lead to custormer satisfaction and continuous improvement. We didn't expect to be turned down when we asked to see a supervisor nor be bullied by the owner. We could have paid a lot less for this same experience. We would never recommend this company.

Description of Work
Painted one exterior side of our house (two story) and one interior room.

Work Completed On 11/13/2014

When a job is being done at your house and then you decide at the end when we are 99% done with the job to just get up and leave town without telling us. That's why we ran the credit card. She already gave my company authorization when she used the credit card for her deposit. Please, this customer is full of bad remarks because everything we did, even the extra stuff we did for free wasn't good enough for her. When I sent my guys out there again after she called, they showed up and knocked on her door and my guys knew they were inside because they here them laughing at us. To many games were played and no matter what we did, it wasn't good enough. Please any consumers reading this, you must understand that we don't life in a perfect world, Some people just cant be pleased. This lady excused one of my workers of being intoxicated and this person has never drank a drop of alcohol in his life. I reversed the credit card charge as soon as I was told. Then she called back and told me to run it a day later after we went back out AGAIN... to try to make her happy. Consumers please read all the posts put up by plenty of my happy customers. We take pride in what we do and never RARLEY have any complaints!!

10/28/2014

Janet J.

Very short, even had my daughter try to speak to him and she too asked him to watch his tone.

Description of Work
Nothing and they refused to give back my deposit when I told Rodney I couldn't afford $5000.00 to have the exterior painted.