1ST CLASS HANDYMAN SERVICES INC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since March 2004

1399 Belcher Rd S Lot 79

Largo, FL 33771

OWNER-OPERATED. USES SUBS FOR LARGER JOBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. LICENSE #C-9146.

03/19/2018

Marie D.

Spoke with Carolyn and scheduled her to go out on a Saturday to repair a broken bathroom fan. She told me she would call the tenant before she went out there and then go to fix it. Come Monday, I receive news that she never went out there at all. Very disappointing. Would not hire again.

Description of Work
Bathroom Fan Needed Repair

05/07/2013

Billie A.

.We called FCHSI on 3/5 to arrange a time for them to come out and do the work. Upon learning that our mailbox and post were down, they offered to come out the next morning to fix it. They showed up on time and immediately started to work. The post was secured in concrete and slanted to channel the water away from the post. The gate latch now works perfectly. We were pleased with the work done. We had a prior engagement and had to leave before the work was completed. Carolyn called from their office the next day to see if we were pleased with the work and give us instructions on how to remove the tape that was temporarily securing the house numbers to the mailbox.

Description of Work
First Class Handyman Services Inc (FCHSI) purchased and installed a new mailbox and post. They also repaired the latch assembly on our wooden gate. Without our asking, they also applied our house number on the new mailbox.

03/02/2013

Nancy O.

Before you have anyone do any kitchen remodeling work remember to do the following: remove everything from cabinets, including doors. Take down all window treatments. Clean counter top. Leave nothing on the counter top. This will allow the handy-experts to start their work without having to do any prep. They are not hired to clean before they start their work. Do not get in their way. Don't ask a bunch of questions. You hired them to do a job, with specific requests so it's time to stop talking and let them do their job. Don't stand around watching them. Find something to keep yourself busy while they do their job. Have payment ready. You know what it's going to cost so don't wait til they are ready to leave and then fumble around figuring out how you're going to pay. Thank them. You like to be appreciated for a good job so don't forget to thank them.

Description of Work
I had 40 year old kitchen cabinets replaced with new oak cabinets. The job took two days, approximately 3-4 hours each day. The work involved removing the counter top, sink and dishwasher plumbing disassembled, microwave removed and reinstalled, all old cabinets removed and new ones installed. Also, old cabinets broken down and hauled away. John and Carolyn, as a team, showed up for a quote on time, professional, precise, friendly and helpful. Carolyn negotiated the price after I added additional work. Both showed up promptly both days, completed all work in a professional manner, They cleaned up behind themselves and did not deviate from the expected work. All work was completed in a timely manner and I am more than pleased with their expertise. I would not hesitate to hire them for any future remodeling I might have. These two people, husband and wife work excellent together, complementing each other's talents. They are top notch handy-experts in my opinion.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

01/31/2013

Teresa E S.

Very pleased and would use again if needed.

Description of Work
Replaced hardware on gates to back yard. Fixed the dryer vent .

01/24/2013

ALLISON K.

He and his helper arrived on time but did not perform the job.

Description of Work
I have used John and 1st Class Handyman services many times in the past and have been pleased with him. When I called him in December of 2012 about hanging a collectible sword over the mantle, he came and looked at the job, said he needed a larger set of screws to mount it and he would get back to me. He also took one of the screws that came with my hardware kit for hanging the sword. He has yet to call me back or respond to me.

01/23/2013

John M.

John and Caroline came to view a window job. Caroline said she get us an estimate quickly. I phoned about a week later. Still no estimate, so we hired a different company.......

Description of Work
Needed a huge dining room window taken out and reinstall to take bow out....

Category handyman service, replacement windows

12/13/2012

Niki W.

Nice people but never got an estimate

Description of Work
Came out to evaluate job, never got back with me for estimate. Icalled 3 times and they never sent an estimate

Category woodworking

10/30/2012

Anand I.

Let me preface this by saying that my wife and I both work 8-5 jobs. It is difficult for us to find time to meet with vendors during the day. I managed to take a lunch hour to meet with these guys to get some urgent work done. They were a little late, but did call at the time of the appointment to let me know. However, after reviewing the necessary work with them, I have never been able to get a response from them. I've tried to call them and left messages twice but I've received no response. Thanks for wasting my time.

Description of Work
They reviewed the necessary work, in order to provide an estimate.

09/19/2012

June C.

My daughter and her husband are visiting from out of town. They are doing some of the work that we can't do ourselves and saw that this is something that they couldn't do either. She called 1st Class Handymanand as noted above they did not show up.

Description of Work
Called to have them come over and give us an estimate. Told us to call back on Thursday to set up a time for Friday which I did. We preferred the afternoon so they said they would be there after they finished their jobs, but they never showed up or gave us a call.

07/06/2012

REBECCA S.

I called 1st Class Handyman to come to my house to give me an estimate. I left a message and they called me back and scheduled an appointment. I told her on the phone exactly what I wanted accomplished. They were on time, Carol and John came. They walked in my house, took notes on what I wanted done. They told me they did not do electrical. They took a few measurements and left. They were here all but 5 minutes. This was about 3 weeks ago, I have not heard from them since. From the appearance, I think my job was far more than they could do. It's rather a simple job.Don't waste your time with this company.

Description of Work
I am in the process of remodeling my kitchen. I am subcontracting it out myself. I have ordered my cabinets and was looking for a licensed contractor to demo the existing kitchen, remove sofits, lights and repair ceiling, install new lights.

Category handyman service, home remodeling

07/03/2012

Lela M.

When I arranged the appointment, they said it would not be a problem. He was supposed to be here at 4:00pm and forgot about our appointment. When I called to follow up after he did not show, he said he was already home and would come out the next day. I told him I would have someone else at my home at the time to look at the work and he said to forget it and let them fix it as if he was coming unless he would be making the repairs. I found out on the following day that there would be a $49 fee to come out which he did not note on our first call.

Description of Work
I needed a screen door fixed and part of the screen on my back door fixed as well. I also wanted him to take a look at a toilet that was having issues.

05/03/2012

John P G.

I would not recommend 1st Class Handyman Services. Requested to have exterior window frames and an exterior door replaced. John and Carolyn gave me an estimate and set up a date to start work. Carolyn called half an hour before they were supposed to arrive and said John threw out his back during the weekend. Rescheduled for following Thursday at 9AM. Carolyn called at 8:30 to say they were at home depot and running late. I had to go to work. I left access to house and yard for them. I returned at 1PM . No sign of them. I called carolyn. She said they got a late start and it was too hot now to start the project. I told her to cancel the project.

Description of Work
John cancelled twice. I told him not to bother coming at all.

Category handyman service, replacement windows, doors

04/25/2012

Christina P.

They took about 30 minutes to hang 9 sets of blinds and fix improperly measured/installed brackets from the day before. Responded really quickly -- I called at 6:30 the previous evening and was expected to have to leave a message. They came out the next morning at 10 a.m. and everything looks great. I will definitely call on them for future handyman services!

Description of Work
Hung 9 horizontal blinds in our concrete block home.

Category handyman service, window treatments

04/06/2012

BETTIE N.

I called them. They came over, listened, toured the house to actually see what needed to be done, made a list of needed supplies, told me when they would be back and left. They returned when they said, fixed everything: shored up the fence, moved the garage light, replaced the bathroom wall sconce, fixed the bedroom lighting, repaired screen doors on two sliders, fixed two pool screen doors, installed new latch on gate, fixed garage sheetrock, fixed garage side door and door jamb and stopped the shower leak. I inspected the work, paid them and they left. Amount of time required was 5 hours including picking up the supplies and selecting a wall sconce.

Description of Work
I've been using this company for years for everything. They do it all; carpentry, plumbing, electrical, fix fences, repair ceilings, etc. No matter what I have on my list, it gets done quickly, professionally and at a very reasonnable price. They also go one step farther. They don't just "fix the problem". They come up with solutions with an eye to preventing future problems.

03/15/2012

Karen M.

The folks at First Class Handyman were friendly and prompt. They arrived on time and evaluated the job. They purchased materials and returned to take care of the job promptly ( a few days later...there was no real rush) and professionally. This was my second experience with this business and I would call them again. The first job was the addition of a closet in one of the condo bedrooms. Very professional job.

Description of Work
I had safety rails installed in 2 bathtubs, one in each of our 2 condominium units. Each bathtub had 2 rails installed, one on the side and one above the fixtures at the front. One of each of the rails were installed on an outside wall which required drilling into harder material than drywall and support beams.

Category handyman service, woodworking

03/13/2012

bob H.

This gentleman worked way too long and too hard for the money spent

Description of Work
Patched holes, rebuilt a partial wall, drywalled, painted

Category drywall, handyman service, plastering, woodworking, interior painters

03/12/2012

JOAN B.

They are excellent, great and are the best. Our overall experience with them has been good.

Description of Work
We used 1ST Class Handyman Services Inc a few times for their services.

02/24/2012

Debra P.

Never showed up and at this point I'm glad they didnt.

Description of Work
Called, came to view project, took about a week to get quote. Agreed to price and set date, 20 minutes after they were supposed to show up called and said they had a "personal issue" and would call later that day to reschudule. Its been four days havent heard a word. Now using TNT Carpentry (wife wanted them all along, guess they do know best)

Category contractors, handyman service, doors

10/13/2011

Lynne L.

Rami called ahead and arrived on time. He was very pleasant and professional. It took some time to remove our very old fans and install the new ones. He also cleaned up & removed all debri to my satisfaction. This was my first try on the Big Deal and was extremely pleased with the out come and PRICE. I will definately use the Big Deal again and if I need the Handyman service will ask for Rami

Description of Work
Removed and Installed 2 fans with attached lights

09/26/2011

Sheila K.

They were good. Responsiveness was one of their weak points.

Description of Work
We used 1st Class Handyman Services.

07/23/2011

mark M.

He came out earlier and examined the areas and gave an estimate. He came back a few weeks later and did the work. I'm happy with the work he did. He also did a similar job on my mothers home (clrw) in the $1200 range and did a very good job there too.

Description of Work
Repaired two areas of facia that had rotted. Also repaired one area of attic vent that was damaged.

07/20/2011

MARILEE H.

John came on time, reviewed work to be done, worked quickly and left.

Description of Work
Fixed lanai screen replaced screen door handle repaired overhang replaced kitchen faucet ??

Category handyman service, screen repair

07/14/2011

Kathy V.

Company should be called Unclassy Handman work. First impression is someone answering their home phone and spending more time disciplining a child that she was babysitting than getting my information. She was almost combative when I asked if "the handyman" could call me to discuss what I want done before coming out, She felt that I should just have him come by or do a drive by and look at the Fascia boards needing replaced. Finally I just said before I have him come I want to talk to him. I got a call back from "the handman" later that day. We discussed the fascia repair that I needed done. He indicated he would call me back when he had the time to come by. Guess what? I never heard back! This story is all too consistant with this handyman now that I've had a chance to read the reviews. It's too bad because it sounds like overall he does a pretty good job IF YOU CAN COUNT ON HIM TO SHOW UP and I would definately find someone more professional to answer the phones or just let it go to voice mail and call back later. My first impression was a big turn off!

Description of Work
No services were performed

Category contractors, handyman service

06/28/2011

J N.

We called First Class Handyman to replace privacy trellis panels on our fence. John came out and gave us a verbal estimate a few days later. We set-up an appointment for the work to be started two weeks from this date. John arrived on time, brought in materials and began to dismantle the panels. He and his helper worked methodically and efficiently to complete the job in two days. We are very pleased with his work and would hire him again.

Description of Work
Replace privacy trellis panels on our fence.

Category fencing, handyman service, woodworking

06/13/2011

nancy M.

It did not go as they never called me.

Description of Work
He came, measured door and window,said they would call with an estimate. IT NEVER HAPPENED!!! I would have appreciated a phone call at least. I would never call them again, no matter how large or small a job. If anyone asked me to recommend them, it would not happen....

Category handyman service, screen repair

A.J.'s Services

A.J.'s Services is a family owned and operated, professional gutter cleaning business with over 20 years experience. CALL or TEXT us at 727-504-2808 for a free inspection & estimate. We offer affordable, fast, reliable, same day service in most cases. We are fully licensed and insured.

Offers by A.J.'s Services on Angi
    Friendly Garage Doors

Friendly is a premier garage door Company based in the Tampa Bay area specializing in repairing and servicing garage doors and openers. With 10 years experience in the field, we are committed to meet or exceed your expectations by providing quality products, professional repairs and a friendly, experienced staff.

2022 Super Service Award

Precision Overhead Garage Door

You can rely on Precision Overhead Garage Door of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area to provide the type of service you would expect from a locally owned company; while enjoying the security that doing business with a National Franchise company can bring. Each owned & operated as an individual franchise. Our slogan is "We Fix Garage Doors Right"™ and we spend a lot of time defining and redefining what that means to us as a company and what it means to you as a consumer. This singular focus has led us to pioneer the industry standard warranty for garage door repair and a training program for technicians that is second to none in the garage door industry. Precision Overhead Garage Door of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area was opened in 2001 and proudly serves the West Florida. We are a full service garage door company specializing in Garage Door Repair, Replacement Garage Doors and repair of Garage Door Openers. 45 Trucks running days, evenings, weekends, with no extra charge for nights or weekends. Locally owned & operated. Additional DBAs - Precision Garage Door Service, Precision Garage Door, Rapp Operations, LLC, Precision Door, Precision Overhead Door. Additional phone numbers - (727) 556-0066, (727) 573-7968.

HANDYMAN & FINISH CARPENTRY, DOORS, MOLDING, ROTTED WOOD, SOFFIT & FASCIA, KITCHEN CABINETS, MINOR ROOF REPAIR, PATCH DRYWALL, CURTAINS, VALANCES & BLINDS.

PAINTING JOBS, CONCRETE WORK, INSTALL HURRICANE TIE DOWNS TO ROOF STRUTS & ELECTRICAL.