DEAN BILLE

Founded 1981 • With Angi since July 2003

8016 EHREN CEMETERY RD

Land O Lakes, FL 34639

2 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR PLUMBING. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. LICENSE: SP11239.

09/27/2020

Thomas H.

After 18 months, door will have to be replaced - the door he installed was not an appropriately exterior door

Description of Work
Replace screen door with exterior wood door

Category custom cabinets, doors

The client decided to choose a used door. I did not bring this door in. It was his choice. The arrangement was that I would hang it and he would paint it. I hung the door and when I left it was in good shape. He did not paint the door, nor did he seal the door. He left it alone and the florida elements took its toll.

06/28/2019

Sabrena B.

WOW. We are so glad to have found Dean Bille. He is a jewel! Dean and his helper, Andrew are AMAZING. They are very punctual, very professional and very, very good at what they do. Dean is honest and takes a lot of pride in his work, making sure that the customer is happy with the end result. He repaired and actually rebuilt a large part of our super huge 2 level deck. He built our deck with quality materials so that we could enjoy the deck for a long time. Dean and Andrew are punctual, thoughtful and meticulous carpenters who were quite a joy to have at our house. We hope to have Dean and Andrew back on day for future home projects. They are quite amazing! Thank you!

Description of Work
Repair of large bi-level deck with TREX

05/02/2019

PAUL H.

Dean provided great advice and did a terrific job repairing a patio that had rotten wood and other issues. He was very professional and the quality of the work was excellent.

Description of Work
Repair of Rotten Wood on Patio

01/31/2019

Thomas H.

He was able to do the job two weeks after he provided the estimate. I needed to go to home depot for some supplies he did not have.

Description of Work
Installed a wood door which replaced a screen door

Category woodworking, doors

11/26/2018

Julie M.

Dean Bille always does a good job. He's thorough and professional.

Description of Work
Ceiling repair from a roof leak.

Category drywall, woodworking

12/19/2017

Lisa H.

I have 6 posts, 2 which had woodpecker damage and all had rotting at bottom. Mr Bille removed the old material and replaced with a textured PVC material. He also redesigned the bottoms to improve appearance and hopefully eliminate rotting of wood underneath the PVC. He also replaced a strip of rotting fascia board using the same pvc material. I can’t say enough good things about him. His professionalism, quality of work are outstanding.

Description of Work
Re-wrap front porch posts and replaced a strip of fascia board

11/28/2017

Deborah P.

Wonderful! Three plus years later, looks and functions the same as the day it was built. Excellent job.

Description of Work
i needed an existingwheel chair ramp outside extented to make it not as steep

Category handyman service, woodworking

09/14/2017

Leslie J.

Dean Bills was honest, professional, accommodating, and reasonable. I would gladly hire him again!

Description of Work
Built desktop in closet.

06/27/2017

Kelly C.

Dean Bille did an excellent job. He did high quality work at fair price an completed the job in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Replaced doors, installed baseboards, crown molding, built in cabinets and shelving, attic stairs.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, doors

05/10/2017

Allen M.

They did a great job. Came back to correct a design flaw but did it immediately.

Description of Work
Replaced old deck; built new railing and steps

03/28/2017

D L.

This project went far better than expected - the price was very competitive and Dean took time and care in planning and doublechecking the design prior to starting - no rushing to get something done. When the installation started, Dean and his helper worked smoothly and quickly and cleaned up as they went along - never a mess. All the while, Dean made sure we were happy with the progress and that it was built exactly the way we had planned. The followup with us in person after it was done was the ultimate in professionalism and class ! My wife and I have been planning this for 8 years and what Dean built was a dream in the making and we say enough how happy we are with the final product ! We want to tell everyone we know that needs custom carpentry to hire Dean and not shop anywhere else !

Description of Work
A custom built-in entertainment center and bookcase

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

03/05/2017

Nick A.

Dean gave me a straight-forward quote and did a great job on my repairs, I would recommend for any carpentry needs.

Description of Work
Repaired rotted door frame, repaired extensively rotted wooden fence

02/21/2017

RITA AND ANGEL V.

Hanging doors is tricky but I knew Dean could do the job. The reveal between the 2 doors is perfect and they match smoothly from top to bottom. He even figured out how to reuse the same doors which saved us $90! Now the doors look much more substantial and the closet seems bigger because all the space can be used. Dean did an excellent job and the closet is just what we wanted.

Description of Work
We had a pair of wooden sliding doors on a linen closet. We could only access half of the closet at a time and the doors were very narrow. They worked but were just inconvenient. We asked Dean to install a pair of doors on hinges to open in the center and give full access to the closet.

Category woodworking, doors

01/23/2017

Elizabeth S.

Dean and his crew get my highest recommendation. Their quote was very reasonable, they showed up on time every day, worked hard throughout the day, were very responsive and communicative, and did an excellent job with the finished product. I always felt like I was in good hands throughout the entire project. Thanks, Dean!

Description of Work
Tear down old decking; expand deck; install new decking.

Category decks, woodworking

thank you. I appreciate it.

01/05/2017

Dan H.

Dean was very professional, attention to detail was excellent and the price was fair for the work provided. I plan to use him on other projects in the future. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
We needed a cabinet built for our TV built into the existing space and remove a shelf

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

10/05/2016

Titus S.

Dean and his two employees are excellent, professional, honest, on time, work hard, and complete their high quality work on time and at a fair price. He even took care of a couple of extra things without any additional charges. When they left, the deck, underneath and grounds were completely cleaned up. The finished product was a beautiful A+++ deck.

Description of Work
If you ever need any project that has to do with to do with wood, custom woodworking, cabinetry, trim, doors, or decks, Dean Bille should be first on your list to call. You don,t get a total of 275 A and B reviews, and only 2 Ds and 1 F in 13 different wood catagories unless you are excellent and honest. Dean is that good! The three bad marks were all suspect, and the two Ds stated that they would hire him on future projects.

Category decks

09/18/2016

Janet M.

Dean had already done excellent work on a unique project of mine, therefore, I contacted him when I needed siding replaced. He came out of his way to rebid the project as it had been over a year since we had discussed it as a possibility. He worked with my schedule even though he was extremely busy with his own work. He arrived on time as we planned and gave me a fair, really, an excellent price for the work. I have no doubt he knew exactly the materials I needed and did not pad it or overcharge for labor as some of the other quotes I received. I fully intended to accept his bid, but a family member who does carpentry decided help me by coming to do the work during a family visit. I let Dean know and truly offered several times to send a check for his gas and time, and he repeatedly refused. Dean is the real deal. He does excellent work and he is an honest businessman. Hard to find nowadays.

Description of Work
Replace house wood siding

06/03/2016

kathryn C.

Dean and his assistant did an absolutely amazing job!!! I couldn't have envisioned it any better in my mind. The were very kind and professional. I can't wait to have them do another project!

Description of Work
Window Seat with shelving

04/15/2016

Jan H.

Despite unexpected challenges in scheduling and with the work itself, it was accomplished with quality and integrity. Would definitely use them again and am waiting for a bid for work on another home. Thanks, Dean!

Description of Work
Dean and his crew replaced a great deal of wood specialty siding on my two rental homes in preparation for painting them.

Category contractors, woodworking, interior painters

02/27/2016

Theodora P.

I contacted Dean to work on this bookshelf because he had such great reviews on Angie's List. We met and he was very nice and told me he would get right back to me with the estimate. He did so in a timely manner and we hired him. He came by the house one more time to make sure his measurements were precise and started working on the bookshelf at his studio. He came on the previously agreed upon date and started working. He came with his co-worker (I think his name is Chris?) They both did a spectacular job and even let my little toddler "help" (which he loved). When it was done I kind of just stared at it in amazement, it looked that good! My husband loved it so much too. They do amazing work and I'm definitely hiring them for more things and are gonna recommend them to my sister and anyone else who wants great work done!!! Dean and Chris, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
They built a BEAUTIFUL built-in bookshelf for our home.

02/25/2016

stacey S.

Seamlessly and exactly to my liking.

Description of Work
After finding Dean on Angie's list, I will never go anywhere else to look for a service. Dean's first project was a perfectly built deck on the side of my house in South Tampa. He is incredibly great at the following: communication, punctuality, service, craftsmanship, and the list goes on. I have had him do project after project such as cabinets, loft railing, and many other repairs. He is at my house today on yet another. I wish all Tampa companies worked as seamlessly as Dean. Regards, Alexis Hendry

11/19/2015

Rick P.

Did a great job, was prompt and cleaned up as to be expected. Will definitely use him again when needed. Quality work at a fair price....cannot ask for anything more!! ********************UPDATE***************** Called Dean to do some more work for me and he is scheduling it now. He did mention that I had the wrong amount in my previous review (this one) and that it was $690 and not $900 as I had mistakenly indicated. I had previously given Dean Bille all "A's" and one "B" for price. After checking my records, he was correct that I had paid only $690 which was a very fair price. I have changed my grades to all "A's" as the pricing was fine. I will add this....my expectations are high for contractors that I work with and many do not meet them. Dean Bille did an outstanding job on my rental unit and I would recommend him highly. Sorry for the confusion, he is definitely worth all "A's"!!!

Description of Work
Opened up a kitchen wall which was bearing and framed in a new pass through window

Category contractors

Acutally the price was $ 690. Appreciate the review though.

10/22/2015

Amy C L.

Mr. Bille did exquisite work in resizing my cabinets. No one can tell that the cabinets were rebuilt. They look beautiful. Mr. Bille and his assistant were very professional, efficient, and cleaned up their work area in my garage as well as the kitchen area. Highly recommend and will use Mr. Bille again.

Description of Work
Removed kitchen cabinets and resized them to accommodated the larger refrigerator.

08/19/2015

BENITA B.

He did a great job keeping in touch with me before he was able to do the work. When he did come do the work, he and his guy were very clean and professional.

Description of Work
He replaced a door between outside and my garage that was leaking every time it rained. He replaced the door frame, the door itself and the hardware.

08/08/2015

Janet M.

Newly retired, I am planning camping excursions around the country, and Dean and his employee, Chris agreed to a unique project of creating a wooden sleeping platform in the emptied rear section of my Honda CRV. I found similiar projects online but lacked the expertise to do it myself. Dean took the time to work with me beforehand by viewing photos and articles I sent him and then used as a protype. He later modified it to work with my vehicle. He answered all my calls and emails promptly, his bid was fair, and he arrived exactly at the time promised. He and Chris worked quickly and efficiently and asked for my input and approval throughout the process. In a few hours they built a sturdy and safe platform with two hinged sections that allow for ample storage underneath, and when closed, a top surface to place an overlay mattress for sleeping. They also meticulously cleaned the work area once they were done. I was so impressed with Dean, I asked for an estimate on replacing rotting wooden siding on my home that I plan to do in the future. He again promptly sent a fair bid. I am very happy to have found a skilled professional I can rely on for future projects.

Description of Work
Build a wooden sleeping platform with storage in the rear of a Honda CRV for camping

Category contractors, roofing, woodworking