BUDGET PAINTING & WATERPROOFING INC

Founded 1999 • With Angi since February 2008

23521 Bellaire Loop

Land O Lakes, FL 34639

8 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB; UNIT PRICING PER FOOT. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. ASK ABOUT ANGIE'S LIST DISCOUNT. NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED. PAYMENT IN FULL UPON COMPLETION. LICENSE #PA2636.

02/06/2015

Kathleen K.

Company listed as having several employees and family owned. Contacted this highly rated contractor for a painting and pressure cleaning job. They said they would be here Wed to create an estimate . We did not have to be home. And we would have the estimate by Thursday. I phoned Friday afternoon. Due to medical reasons the estimate would be delayed to Monday. I confirmed that this was not an appointment, but a walk through for an estimate. And asked if anyone could come on the weekend to do the estimate (only about 8-10 miles away) Was told that due to husband's illness and kids being home on weekends, no estimates on weekends. I understand the complications and fully appreciate them. However 1) DO let your potential clients know when you are delayed/can't keep your deadlines 2) DO make special concessions when you don't deliver 3) DO Consider backup resources for crunch times/exceptional circumstances In response to Company response I am in fact disabled myself and been through the same surgeries (I mentioned this on the phone)- with many complications from the surgeries. In my review, I pointed out the need to have back up resources and consider concessions when one misses appointments AND does not contact the customer about it. It so happens there was an urgency for this quote and service, the house was going on the market very shortly. It did the next week, and we had a contract within 4 days. I found an excellent company through this list (many to choose from) who served us well. Assumptions. Yes there was an urgency, but the customer was not asked. I maintain that when running a business (I run my own and my dad ran several contracting companies up north), one does everything possible to acommodate customers if there has been a glitch or complaint. I sincerely hope the estimator is healing fully from the procedures. Thanks for listening.

Description of Work
Requested estimate. Not completed. Did not contact about delay.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Dear [removed member name], As people can see from our many other positive reviews, this was not typical of me or my business. Sometimes life throws more at you then a person can handle and occasionally something slips through the cracks. Had this been an emergency, like power outage or plumbing issues, I could see the need for 24/7 service, but this was to quote pressure washing a fence and washing/painting of a pool deck. I did not feel it could not wait until Monday when we offered to come. I think you will find that most painting companies only have one estimator on staff and since he was the one with health issues at the moment, there was little more I could have offered. I will take your advise into consideration, but have some for you as well. When dealing with people in any capacity, you may want to try to be more flexible and extend a little grace. You never know when it may be you who needs it one day. I truly hope you find a good fit for your project. Sincerely, Heather Resina

01/13/2015

Mario M.

Could not have asked for better service.

Description of Work
Paint our home

Category house painters

Dear Members, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review for us. It was our pleasure working on your project with you. The home turned out beautiful and really transitions nicely into the interior decor. We hope you enjoy many years there and make lots of beautiful memories with your family, God bless you. Sincerely, Terry & Heather Resina, Owners

10/17/2014

Kurt T.

Everything went great. Things could not have been better. They were actually the first and only people I called for an estimate. They were well inside my budget so I decided to use them. I got a warm vibe from them from the initial meeting. We spoke about everyday things as well as paint and colors. They felt like old friends right off the bat. Throughout the process they helped me decide on color for every room. They were not just painters, they were also like consultants, which I really liked. Throughout the whole process they were in and out checking on their employees. I really liked this. There was accountability every step of the way. They were wonderful. They finished right on time as promised and they were very clean and neat. The actual painters were very friendly, conscientious, and VERY clean. They cleaned up after themselves everyday and I felt like the whole process was seamless and easy. I truly felt like I got an amazing paint job for an amazing price. I feel as though their prices are competitive and worth every penny. Their attention to detail was above and beyond anything that I expected. I truly feel that Budget exceeded my expectations. They have a customer for life with us!

Description of Work
They painted the entire interior of my home with two coats of paint on every wall!

Category house painters

Dear Mr. & Mrs. (member name removed), We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write such a positive review both on Angie's List and Google. We know what a valuable marketing tool both of them are and how limited a working father and busy mom's time is. It was such a pleasure working with you from start to finish. Getting to know your children and seeing their excitement as the new colors went up was an added bonus. You were so kind in providing lunch to our crew on one day and even tipping them at the end, which is never solicited, but humbly appreciated by them. The colors you chose blended so beautifully with the furnishings you already owned, it was a joy to watch your vision unfold. We hope you can truly feel like this is YOUR home now and that you will make many memories together in it. When the time comes to paint your exterior, we will look forward to catching up with our friends the Tegtmeiers! As other types of projects arise, please feel free to call us for any referrals, as Terry and I have been in the Tampa Bay area all our lives and know several good contractors from all different trades. We only network with companies whose quality work we have seen, whose pricing is fair and whose ethics are high. You are a wonderful family and deserve only the best! Warm Regards, Heather Resina

06/20/2013

Peter L.

I have used Budget Painting twice now for 2 homes, first an interior painting project in Wesley Chapel and more recently multiple projects in our current Carrollwood / Citrus Park home. In both cases, Terry and his team were superb craftsmen and did great work. Moreover, they are trustworthy people of high integrity. I am so confident of their work, I am planning a third project with them soon.

Description of Work
1. Complete renovation and conversion of indoor spa to outdoor space 2. Pressure wash driveway and sidewalks 3. Exterior paint back wall

Category pressure washing, house painters, swimming pools

Dear [member name removed], We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. It is always our goal to provide an honest, fair and professional service to our customers that leaves them feeling proud of their space and happy with the entire experience. This most recent project required a lot of trust and patience, as it was not the typical project in several ways. We are very grateful that you remained confident in us and that we were able to help you accomplish your vision for that space. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Blessings to you both. Sincerely, Terry & Heather Resina

03/18/2013

Cara C.

I highly recommend Budget Painting & Waterproofing, Inc. From start to finish this experience was awesome! Very nice and polite guys...scheduled to be here 8-4, they were here at 7:45a and done at 12:30p; only taking 2 breaks! I appreciated that they spoke to each other in English and shut the doors while they were working so that I would not be disturbed (I work from home). They left me alone in order to inspect the work (no hovering!) and then walked through the work with me. A plus, Heather is a great design person as well, she knocked it out of the park with the colors! Best part of the day was my daughter coming home from school only to run upstairs and exclaim, 'Mommy! I feel like I finally have a room of my very OWN!! No more apartment colors!!' when she saw her room (Bright Raspberry/Hot Pink)

Description of Work
Heather and Terry came over for an initial walk through and gave me pricing via email about 1 hour later. They were here on a Wednesday and came first thing Monday morning. 1 13'x22' master bedroom-all 4 walls, 1 12x12 room-2 accent walls, & 1 12x12 room-1 accent wall.

Category house painters

Dear Customer, What a wonderful blessing to find your review in my inbox this morning as I logged on for the day! We are happy you decided to take our advice and join Angie's List. It is a great program and really should come in handy now that you are a new home owner. The feeling was definitely mutual. All of the points you made are equally important to Terry and me. They are part of our core values as a fully licensed and insured company that desires to give people exactly what they hope for, and then some. Painting should always be a an exciting process, and working with someone who knows what she likes is really a pleasure. We are looking forward to seeing what you do with the rest of the interior when the time is right. Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of the process!

02/25/2013

Don B.

This was the "Best" Experience imaginable!!!! Heather was very knowledgeable and friendly and the crew were early each day and very clean and respectful. The job turned out fantastic. The crew of Carlos & Carlos performed seamlessly and finished on time. I will definitely use them in the future when we paint the interior of our house. Their company is a true blessing to the Tampa area.

Description of Work
Complete painting of the exterior and repair of the embedded rust on the pool door, and the removal of rust and painting of the front door.

Category house painters

Dear customer , What a blessing it was to me this morning to read your review. We strive to give each and every customer the same quality experience that you had, but don't always get the benefit of a review on such a format as Angie's List. Terry and I are so pleased to hear that you are happy with the finished product and thoroughly enjoyed the experience and our conversations as well. We believe painting should be an exciting time, as one's home is usually their most valued asset. I know you were a bit nervous about the process before we started, but hopefully our constant communication helped ease that once the project began. I am excited to see what colors you and your wife choose for the interior and we will be here to help you in any way we can. Until then, be blessed and enjoy!

06/08/2012

Kris K.

Heather, Terry and their workers did an excellent job at an excellent price. My house badly needed repainting--I had let it go too long. It looks great now, and at a very affordable price. They were very thorough and professional, and unfailingly courteous (and I know I wasn't the easiest customer they've ever had--I get quite picky). Terry took a lot of trouble over my front door, which I wanted bright red though the house itself is blue. The bright red door is flawless and so gorgeous! I had planned to wait a month or so before writing a review, to make sure everything was really weatherproof and the chimney leaks had been resolved. Well, time got away from me and it's been a year, and everything still looks perfect! Plus, no more leak problem in the family room by the chimney. I couldn't be happier with the job they did, and will be calling Budget Painting & Waterproofing soon for my annual pressure washing to keep this lovely paint job looking nice and new.

Description of Work
Pressure-washed and repainted the exterior of my house, including all the trim. Repaired a number of minor masonry cracks, waterproofed the chimney (which was causing leakage into my family room), and replaced one section of trim that had deteriorated over the years.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Dear Member, I can't tell you how nice it was to turn on my computer this morning and find your glowing review. We have been very blessed over the past 14 years to serve such kind people as yourself. Terry & I do take pride in each and every job and get personally involved throughout the entire project. It is important to us to take every necessary step to make each home look and perform it's very best. We are always glad when we have customers who take the time to do their research when selecting their contractor, because then they know the quality of the workmanship we provide and appreciate the value of it's long term affect. The fact that you waited to write this letter, may not have been intentional, but it serves as an even better testimony now. We are so pleased to hear that you are still as happy with your painting and waterproofing job today as when we first did it. It is sure to last for may years to come. We look forward to scheduling that pressure washing soon. And remember, when you hire us to maintain your paint job, we include any touch up at no additional cost. Thank you for giving us one more thing to be grateful for this holiday season. Blessings to you. Sincerely, Terry & Heather Resina

05/12/2011

William H.

Outstanding!

Description of Work
BUDGET PAINTING & WATERPROOFING pressure washed and painted my house, they were very professional and did a great job. Heather is wonderful! Would recommend them to anyone and would certainly use them again.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Dear Member, In looking over my Angie's List account recently, I discovered that I never responded to you kind review. Please accept my apologies and know that I too was delighted to work with you on your lovely home. Meeting kind people such as yourself is the best part of my job. I hope that you are still as pleased today as you were when you wrote this and that you are enjoying good health and lots of time with your son and family. Please let us know if we can be of further service to you in the future. God bless you. Warm Regards, Terry & Heather Resina

03/06/2011

Eileen K.

At first there wasn't enough contact, such as letting me know my emailed contract had been received. When I asked for more updating they were fine about letting me know when painters would arrive. I would say personnel were cooperative, pleasant and laid back. Work took a little longer due to wind and rain, but results are good. I am very pleased with the appearance of the work, and found the personnel adaptable to some minor changes that improved the original plan. Thanks.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of 1600 sq ft house, including soffit repair, patching where necessary, and removing and disposing of gutters. Painting doors included. Also patched and painted deck enamel for a large patio. Used sealer and a good quality latex.

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Dear Members, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. This economy has certainly taken it's toll on all contractors, but we have been blessed with enough referrals and repeat business from happy customers to be able to thrive in spite of the economy. We are so happy that you are pleased with the outcome and were honored to be a part of the process. Your home looks beautiful and will continue to do so for many years to come with the 100% Acrylic paint by Sherwin Williams. We hope as your budget allows, that you will opt to have us back for the interior painting you had us quote. Please don't forget to protect your finish by pressure washing it once per year. We can perform that service for you as well. Enjoy that patio and lakefront view! Sincerely, Heather Resina, Owner.

01/14/2010

Marilyn B.

Had a bad experience with a painter from Craig's List and decided to join Angie's List to get a referral. The job was partially finished. Budget pain came in and finished the job in 1 day. He was punctual and courteous. Loved him. Will use him again.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Category interior painters

It was so thoughtful of you to take time out of your busy schedule to comment on our services. We are happy to have been able to help out both you and your tenant in a timely fashion. Thank you for placing your trust in us long distance. We hope to hear from you again in the future and wish you continued success in renting your condo.

10/05/2009

BEVERLY B.

My pool deck was looking so bad. It was worn beyond cleaning, blackened by mildew and full of cracks and crevices. I had a good experience with Budget Painting when they did the exterior of my house a few years ago. I knew they did all kinds of painting work, so I called them. Terry began by pressure washing the deck, being very careful of the many large plants growing next to it. Then he filled all the cracks. The cement near the ladder connection wa all broken up so he painstakingly put the pieces together and patched it. Next he painted the deck with a special stain that dries flat and looks like the original finish. The results are fabulous! I was amazed at how meticulous Terry was. He treated the job as if it were a home interior. The great thing was that even though I am very picky, I didn't have to worry about a thing during the three days it took to finish the job. The price was reasonable and I couldn't be happier. Terry is so neat and careful that I will definitely call them again when I'm ready to have the interior of my home painted.

Description of Work
I had my 30 year old pool deck surface cleaned, patched, and painted.

03/21/2009

MARY P.

Communicated via e-mail. Showed up as planned & kept me updated on the progress.

Description of Work
Finished painting the exterior of my house---I did not have the proper equipment, to do the job myself. I supplied the paint (only because I already had purchased it). They caulked, primed & sealed, before painting.

Category house painters

I was going through my Angie's List account updating my profile when I came across your letter. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience with our company. In 2007 we survived only due to customers like you who were willing to tell others of companies they knew they could count on. I would venture to say that 90% of our business last year came from referals and repeat customers. What a great feeling to know that customers are experiencing exactly what we strive to give them! I'm grateful for the chance to meet you and the oportunity to serve you. We hope to hear from you again in the future. Sincerely, Heather Resina ps. Please check out our re-vamped website at www.budgetpainting.biz

02/12/2008

BEVERLY B.

After I got the estimate from Terry, we set a date for them to begin. On that day, their truck pulled up early in the morning, just before daylight and they were ready to begin. There were three painters. They pressure cleaned the house thoroughly and caulked all the cracks and openings. They did an excellent job of re-stuccoing an area that was chipped off. Shutters were removed and prepared for painting as well. I wasn't sure just how much trim I wanted. They worked with me and suggested I leave the shutters off entirely. I'm regally glad I did that, as now the house has a cleaner more modern look. The whole job took 4 days. I felt like I had a new house. The following week I decided I wanted a little more trim. They came back and didn't charge me for it. They are a very reliable company and try to make the customer happy. Phone calls are returned promptly, and their prices are reasonable. I found out that they do INTERIOR PAINTING as well, and WATERPROOFING.

Description of Work
Complete exterior and trim on my two story home painted. The house hadn't been painted for 15 years, and parts of the stucco siding were coming off. There were numerous small cracks that needed to be filled.

Category pressure washing, house painters

IT WAS A REAL PLEASURE WORKING WITH YOU. YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL HOME THAT WE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED HELPING YOU RESTORE AND MODERNIZE. THE FINISH AND APPLICATION YOU SELECTED WILL BEAUTIFY AND PROTECT YOUR HOME FOR YEARS TO COME AS WELL AS HELP TO INCREASE THE VALUE OF YOUR HOME. AND REMEMBER, WE ARE ONLY A PHONE CALL AWAY SHOULD ANY WARRANTY ISSUES EVER ARISE. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING YOU WITH THE DAMP PROOFING OF YOUR CELLAR AS WE DISCUSSED IN OUR FOLLOW UP CONVERSATION. YOUR POSITIVE FEEDBACK IS VERY INSPIRING TO OUR CREWS WHO STRIVE TO EXCEL ON EACH AND EVERY PROJECT. YOUR TRUST, CONFIDENCE AND SATISFACTION MEAN A LOT TO US HAVING BEEN NATIVES OF THE TAMPA BAY AREA FOR 40 YEARS. AND WHEN YOU GET READY TO ADD SOME NEW OR FRESH COLOR TO THE INTERIOR, WE'LL BE READY TO SERVE. OUR SINCERE GRATITUDE, HEATHER RESINA, V.P. BUDGET PAINTING & WATERPROOFING, INC.