American Solar Energy, LLC

Founded 1983 • With Angi since July 2010

3.4

Our reputation as one of the leading providers of solar technology applications in Florida was built on such values as integrity, trust, honesty, and hard work....

Pro Air and Heat Systems Inc.

Pro Air and Heat Systems is family owned with over 30 years experience in the industry. Nate certified employees are well trained to handle your home comfort needs. We specialize in service and replacement of all brands. Also schooled in the layout of duct systems. Pro Air and Heat systems offer 24/7 service with no overtime charge. We offer military and first responder discounts along with financing for our customers. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Pro air and Heat offer yearly maintenance programs to keep your air and heating system operating at the highest efficiency.

Weather Now A/C & Heating

Whether it is heating or cooling, we offer dependable maintenance service throughout Pinellas Park and beyond. Here at Weather Now AC & Heat, we're dedicated to providing clients with professional HVAC services! To schedule an appointment, call (727) 430-0439! We look forward to serving you!

Pronto Service Pros

Pronto Service Pros is proud to be your premier source for HVAC services in Tampa Bay. Thanks to our three-plus decades of experience in the industry, we are completely at ease working on air conditioners and furnaces of any age or brand. Our carefully screened technicians are punctual, friendly, and careful of your property, and we guarantee all of our work to ensure you are satisfied. When you choose us for affordable air conditioner repair, installation, or maintenance, you can breathe a sigh of relief because we’ll always put your interests first.

02/05/2016

Description of Work
We had no hot water the first night. American Solar went out of their way to solve the problem once we were able to let them in for the repair.

Category solar panels

We would like to offer our gratitude to Mr. and Mrs. [Member Name Removed] for placing their trust in our company! We receive many positive comments from our customers but very few are ever published online. Thank you both for your trust in us and we look forward to serving you in the future. Should you ever encounter ANY situation with your new solar purchase please DO NOT HESITATE to contact us ...

10/13/2015

They need to follow up a little bit more and closer contact and the check up after so we don’t forget who we are. They did a good job.

Category Uncategorized

08/31/2015

Description of Work
The process started in June and was just completed on August 26. Solar panels used seem topnotch. All is financed through a bank with a rebate from taxes for some of the cost. Worked well and cleaned up.We'll see how it helps with saving money on electricity.

11/01/2014

Did not have the work done because of lies told to us The salesman Ryan took up over three hours of our time. He arrived at 6 pm and did not leave my house till after nine which is past our bedtimes without a sale. We signed to have it done and he said it would be done the next day. You cannot get a permit overnight so I assume they were going to do it without one! He said his company was accredit...

Description of Work
The salesman Ryan took up over three hours of our time. He arrived at 6 pm and did not leave my house till after nine which is past our bedtimes without a sale. We signed to have it done and he said it would be done the next day. You cannot get a permit overnight so I assume they were going to do it without one! He said his company was accredited by the BBB as A+ rating. The next morning I was worried about the deal and went on my computer and looked up the company on BBB only to find out it had a F rating. There was a company called American Solar Energy Systems Inc. that had a A+ rating but that is not who they are. I then went on Angie's List and checked the company out only to find the same results as the BBB. I sent out Texts, emails and a phone message on Ryan's phone to cease work and cancel the contract. He called me back and was very irate with me and kept insisting they were A+ rating. I gave him my answer to cancel and hung up but he kept trying to call me back. That evening he called me back and said he doesn't appreciate me calling in the middle of the night and called me all kinds of names and then hung up on me. I called him back and left a message for him that I was now going to put a complaint in. I worry now that they have personal info such as social security numbers and bank account numbers will be let out. Also I have a stain in my driveway from his car leaking oil

08/01/2014

They salesman came out and explained several items like the solar for the water heater and the hot water heater. He gave us life time guarantees on the solar panels. He did not tell the truth because somethings were guaranteed 10 years and 4 years. When i called the company, they were very responsive. The salesman was not honest.

12/10/2013

oI received a phone call purporting to be a business acting for the state. They offered me a free energy audit which would take about half an hour. I had a TECO audit when I bought the house nine years ago but nothing since so I made an appointment for Saturday morning November 23, 2013 for 9:00 AM. At 9:30 AM I called the contact number I had been given asking for information. The gentleman called me back to say there was a large pile up on the freeway and that his guy was in it. He offered me another appointment that afternoon for 5:00 PM. He reiterated that it would only take half an hour. I had been up since 4:00 AM and knew I would be tired by then but could do a half hour. The representative showed up promptly and looked at my hot water heater and attic. He provided information on federal rebates which are substantial and energy savings over several years. He was likeable but quite aggressive. When we sat down for further discussion he pulled out a large notebook and went into his salesman routine. It was very similar to buying a car. Lots of rhetorical questions (e.g., would you rather put the money in you pocket or give it to TECO) . Once I determined that the state had nothing to do with this entire process, I asked him why the man on the phone had given me fallacious information. He said they did represent the state but was unable to explicate exactly how. By this time I was beyond exhausted and asked him on two different occasions to please leave and come back and finish on another day. He repeatedly said he just needed a few more minutes and ignored my requests. My house was to be his demo house for area code 33604 and I would get a finical break for allowing them to put a sign in my yard. They would throw in a free solar attic fan. He also pointed out the increased value of my house. Stupidly, I acquiesced. He insisted it be installed the next day, Sunday. The crew showed up at 10:30 Sunday morning. The two men were pleasant and seem careful about my house. After a couple of hours I noticed no work noise but lots of exhortations and long phone calls. I went and asked what was happening. The crew leader told me there was a leak in the heater and they would wait for an hour for a new one to be delivered. Things went downhill after that. There was a lot of cursing and banging. Apparently there was a lot of water spilled because they used twenty of my utility towels which were left sopping wet outside full of leaves, twigs, etc. They were finally finished around 5:30 PM. I called the company Monday to complain about the mess and all the cigarettes butts in the front yard where the company's truck was parked. I was told that the crew knew better but that they would be strongly reminded about the rules when they were in someones home. The next, Friday, my handyman was at my house and I asked him to oil my dryer as it was squeaking. When he pulled it out the new water heater was exposed. He took some pictures and emailed them to me. I had noticed the new pan was dented but further back was an actual break in the pan. Behind the heater was the overflow pipe. It was only about 6 inches long and was aimed outside the pan toward my 1925 hardwood floor. Needless to say I payed him to fix these problems. I called the company the following Monday and detailed the problems. What I wanted was for a competent crew to come out and inspect my system to assure me that there are no other problems. I would also like to be reimbursed for the labor I paid to fix the pan and overflow pipe. The man I talked to said the owner would be back in town Tuesday and would call me. I have waited for over a week and received no communication from the company.

Description of Work
Placed two solar panels on the roof..one for a hot water heater and one for an attic fan. Installed the solar hot water heater and the attic fan.

Category water heater installer","solar panel installer

10/14/2013

The sales manager, Chris Lee, explained the Sunwise program that I was eligible for concerning the panel for the hot water. Since I previously had solar panels on my house in PA, I didn't take much convincing after I heard about the federal tax credits and the projected savings on my electric bill. In addition, I ordered the pool heating panels separately, since once of the offers currently on the table was a new efficient variable speed heat pump to replace my old inefficient single speed model. The job took longer than expected, 2 1/2 days instead of 1, but since I was not in a hurry and only wanted a carefully and correctly installed system, I was patient. The main technician, Matthew, was very careful about explaining everything to me. The only glitch was that they didn't drain the pool filter first so that at the end, all of the filter residue got in the pool and it will take a couple of weeks to clean it.

Description of Work
Installed solar panels for hot water and my pool heater.

11/02/2012

Mr. Hecky was highly courteous and professional in providing his presentation of their solar hot water energy system and some information about their solar attic fan. He went through the details in describing how the system worked so that we clearly understood what we would be obtaining if we went with their system. He gave us information about the history of their company and their relationship with Angies List and the Better Business Bureau. This was very important to us as we had selected their company from information we garnered from Angie?s List. He was responsive in answering our questions and we believed he was honest in his presentation as he elaborated on the costs and gains from such a system. The biggest factor that mitigated against this company was the fact that there were no customer reviews submitted to Angie's List and a, second consideration, was the price of their system as it was more than twice the cost of the two best estimates we obtained. Neither did we believe that during his otherwise highly professional presentation he ever gave us a fair analysis of the advantages of perhaps opting for only a solar attic fan vis a vis a solar hot water system. This was done by two of the other representatives providing us an estimate. We would recommend this company to others but we would advise others to practice comparative analysis and shopping in making their choice.

Description of Work
We were interested in possibly obtaining a solar hot water system for our home as our old hot water heater was 18 years old and not at all energy efficient in comparison to today’s standards. We sought estimates and information from four companies who provided solar energy for homes and businesses. American Solar Energy was one of the companies which provided an estimate. Christian Hecky, Solar Marketing Manager, for American Solar Energy provided the estimate.

Category water heater installer","solar panel installer

02/05/2016

08/31/2015

Category solar panel installer

We sell, service, and install solar pool heating systems, solar hot water heating systems, solar photovoltaic systems, and solar attic fans. We fully enforce all manufacturer warranties and offer a full year of free service on all the products we install at your home or business.

We do not currently offer in-house financing.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available