Southern Sky Painting

Founded 2015 • With Angi since February 2016

As South Florida's Preferred Painting Contractor, Southern Sky Painting is our family owned and operated, licensed and insured painting company. We are committed to providing our clients with a professional and affordable paint project experience. Our crews have over 30 years of experience and are

2022 Super Service Award

interior painting (65)house painting (53)general contractors (16)pressure washing (6)woodworking (1)drywall (7)wallpaper removal (5)

09/27/2022

Jason Z.

Exceptional... They went above and beyond. i would certainly hire them again

Description of Work
total interior paint job

Work Completed On 09/15/2022

09/02/2022

Colette R.

I need my entire 2,660 square foot home painted including doors, trim, baseboards and closets. They completed it in 2 days and it is perfect! They were an amazing team and their work was perfect. I highly recommend using Southern Sky. We are so happy with the results!

Description of Work
Entire house painted

Work Completed On 09/02/2022

05/10/2022

Mayra M.

It was a great experience working with the Southern Sky team. Professional, thorough, attentive to details and economical. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Exterior Home Painting

Work Completed On 05/04/2022

04/05/2022

Lonnie T.

I Used Southern Sky Painting to paint the exterior of my house. They were very responsive from the very day I sent an e-mail requesting an estimate. A representative was scheduled for the following day to review the job. The estimate was provided to me within 24 hours as I was informed it would. After I accepted the estimate the job was scheduled and completed the following week. The four man crew that showed up to paint the exterior of my house were very professional and hard working. Every employee that I had the pleasure of dealing with communicated with me from the start of the project to the finish.I will be using Southern Sky Painting for all my future painting projects.

Description of Work
exterior house painting

Work Completed On 03/30/2022

03/22/2022

Teresa R.

I chose Southern Sky because they seemed like a reputable company. Bob was friendly and professional when he came to give an estimate. Sherry and Diana were also great to deal with. The painting crew was friendly and did a great job painting our house, hence the reason I'm giving them any stars. The rating is due to the shady nature of the company. The estimate was more than $1,000 higher than other bids, but we decided to go with Southern Sky because they were supposedly using a better quality of paint, Sherwin Williams Duration. I even verified with Diana a few days before that they would be using that paint. She mentioned that sometimes the paint isn't in stock but if that was the case, they would use the Benjamin Moore equivalent. However, after the first day, I noticed a bucket of Sherwin Williams SuperPaint, which was NOT what I originally agreed to. I checked the contract and they had changed the type of paint to say SuperPaint. When I spoke to Bob, he proceeded to gaslight me and tell me that they never use Duration. I know for a fact that's what it was because that's the specific reason I chose them, not to mention, I write everything down. I even researched to see what the difference was between Duration and SuperPaint because the other companies were using SuperPaint. I printed out the original proposal, but unfortunately, in a lapse of judgement, I threw it out literally two days prior. I checked my Nest cam to see if it caught the original conversation, it did but unfortunately we're off-camera. Word to the wise, if you decide to use Southern Sky, print out your proposal before signing, print out your contract before signing, then print it out again after signing, and make sure you're getting what you paid for.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 03/09/2022

02/08/2022

charity G.

It went great and employees were all really nice and easy to work with.

Description of Work
EXTERIOR HOUSE PAINT

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 02/08/2022

10/18/2021

Pat G.

The service was excellent, pricing was fair, they did a very good job.

Description of Work
exterior painting

Work Completed On 06/18/2015

09/22/2021

Maureen S.

We are very pleased with Southern Skies services. The painters arrived promptly at 8 AM and worked all through the day. They were efficient and neat and tidy! All holes were filled and sanded as were any rough spots. Pete was great and kept us advised daily. Very happy with the quality of the work and the price. I highly recommend Southern Skies for your painting needs.

Description of Work
Interior walls and all trim

Work Completed On 09/06/2021

07/24/2021

Dayanna F.

From Steve,Peggy,Diana,the list goes on and on with the great customer service that you will get with this company. I have hired them more than once for my home. I just love their work & material suggestions. Their painters are punctual which means expect for them to arrive to complete your job at least 10-15min ahead of their scheduled arrival time. The painters clean after themselves and ensure that you are satisfied with the job before they leave your home. I know my home will turn heads after the facelift it just received on Johnson street LOL!!!! I will continue to refer them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Interior and exterior painting

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/23/2021

03/11/2021

Marc V.

Efficient and quality working crew. Day before painting, prep work was done, all holes in the wall from previous drills/screws or old storm shutters all filled in, house prepped. Painting crew worked fast and efficient making sure paint only goes were it's supposed to go with attention for detail. Would highly recommend

Description of Work
Whole House Painting

Work Completed On 03/11/2021

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us! We do work hard to offer the best quality services, and we are really happy to see that was reflected with your last service. Also, thank you for recommending our services to others.

02/23/2021

RICHARD O.

They did a great job. They removed wallpaper. The carpenter, Armando, did an excellent job adding the chair rail and wainscoting. The paint crew also did a great job. Our accent wall looks great!!

Description of Work
Wallpaper removal, add chair rail and wainscoting and paint wall.

Category wallpaper removal, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/20/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review Southern Sky Painting. We are very pleased to hear that our staff did an excellent job. We are looking forward to hearing from you with your future projects.

01/28/2021

James R. C.

I can't think of anything else, offhand. Painters returned all furniture to original locations, finished work in one day although budgeted for two.

Description of Work
Complete wall painting of one bed, one bath apartment (approx. 795 sq. ft.)

Category contractors, wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

Thank you for your positive comments. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your services! Contact us if there is anything else we can help you with. Remember... with Southern Sky Painting “The Sky’s The Limit!!”

01/17/2021

Laurie S.

My husband and I were not able to be in Florida and my brother recommend Southern sky painting. They had someone go to the house and help me pick out colors via face time. They removed all the drapery's and although we haven't seen the house yet my brother and sister in law said it came out fantastic. Everything about working with Southern sky was A1 professional and I highly recommend them

Description of Work
entire interior of home

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

Thank you for taking the time for providing us with an A-rating and also for recommending our Southern Sky Painting services to others. We enjoyed working with you and look forward to working with you again in the future. Take care!

12/30/2020

Sharon A.

Extremely pleased with the results. Southern Sky went the extra mile by moving everything that was in the way while l was out of town. The care and quality was stellar and I am very pleased to be able to recommend this company.

Description of Work
Exterior whole house, trim, doors

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

Review for Southern Sky Painting - Lake Worth, Florida, Lake Worth, FL - 39110085

We appreciate your positive feedback about Southern Sky Painting. We do take pride in our work. If you’re in need of painting services again, please don’t hesitate to call us. Remember...With Southern Sky Painting “The Sky’s The Limit!!”

12/08/2020

David V.

It was a pleasure working with everyone at Southern Sky Painting. Sherry and Diana in the office and also Steve in sales. The paint crew came around 8am led by Kenny and 2 other guys . They worked hard for the next couple days getting all the cleaning and prepping done before painting. When it was done it looked amazing, Kenny and his crew really wanted us to be happy with the job and we were! We would highly recommend Southern Sky Painting to anyone. They were competitively priced and the communication with the office and crew was excellent! We will be using them again in the near future for some interior projects we are planning. Thank you Southern Sky!

Description of Work
Home exterior painted

Work Completed On 12/04/2020

The team at Southern Sky Painting is thrilled to hear such good feedback. Thank you for taking the time. Greatly appreciated!! We’re proud to be South Florida’s preferred painting contractor.

11/19/2020

John K.

I was very impressed with the service performed by Southern Sky, after contacting them a representative came out and inspected the job, gave me a price and a start date. A painting team of four persons arrived at the appointed time, prepared the work areas removing drapes, electrical outlet covers, and dust sheets. The painting was completed to a high standard and I was impressed with the quality of their work. On completion of the job drapes and electrical outlet covers were refitted and all areas were left clean and tidy. I would recommend Southern Sky for their quality of work and professionalism.

Description of Work
Interior house painting

Category contractors

Work Completed On 11/19/2020

Thank you very much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer the best quality services, and we are really happy to see that was reflected with your last service. Please keep us in mind for your future needs. At Southern Sky Painting “The Sky’s The Limit!!”

09/24/2020

Maggie H.

From start to finish Southern Sky was very professional. The estimator came out and looked at the condo and provided a written estimate the next day. They also offer the services of a color specialist who helped me select the colors for the condo. The team that came out to paint got right to work and finished faster than anticipated. They were neat and cleaned up everything before leaving. Thank you!

Description of Work
Repainting an entire condo

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time for providing us with an A-rating. We enjoyed working with you and look forward to working with you again in the future. Take care!

09/22/2020

S Y.

Professional and thorough describes the entire project. It was easy to set up a meeting for a quote. Bob was a pleasure to discuss the job with and provided helpful information and even offered to replace a section of bad trim at a side door. Contract paperwork with the quote was well written and the online acceptance was very efficient. The painters were pleasant, did a good job and the leader offered suggestions when he thought they were needed. Diana in the office was wonderful to work with, and having access to Kathy as a color consultant was a great complementary add-on service. The unexpected and unrequested 'paid in full' receipt at the end was a great finishing touch!

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

We are thrilled to hear such wonderful feedback. Thank you very much for taking the time. Greatly appreciated!! We’re proud to be South Florida’[Member Name Removed] preferred painting contractor.

08/28/2020

Jim B.

If you like professional, prompt, courteous people call these guys. All the way from the owner, to the prep people, to the painter's, to the admin it was a pleasure. The quality of their work could not be better and their attitudes were all positive and professional. They were on time, with a smile on their face and I could not have ask for more. They executed the little things willingly and I would proudly recommend them to anyone needing work. It's uncommon in today's world to find a service company that executes their mission, all the way through the ranks..Bravo..well done.

Description of Work
outside and inside paint

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

Review for Southern Sky Painting - Lake Worth, Florida, Lake Worth, FL - 38836453

Thank you so much for all of your praises. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your services! Contact us if there is anything else we can help you with. Also, we really appreciate you sharing a picture of your "new" house. Remember... with Southern Sky Painting “The Sky’s The Limit!!”

08/26/2020

robert S.

Terrible, they are cheats, crooks, liars and no one spoke English. I was suppose to get 2 coats of paint, I got 1 coat. They told me the 1st coat is a sealer and applied before the paint. They applied the sealer but to horizontal surfaces only and not the entire house. None of my eaves, patio ceiling, or front porch sealing were sealed with this sealer. Only 70 % of my home received any sealer. Southern said they do not seal horizontal surfaces. They ran out of sealer and did not seal my yard wall, which was in the contract. Anything that could not be seen from the ground did not get cleaned or painted. This is how they cheat senior citizens telling them they painted the whole house and never paint areas above ground level that cannot be seen. Only 70 % of my house was painted. They never ever used 1 piece of sandpaper or a wire brush, if the area could not be reached by a pressure sprayer or if the pressure sprayer did not remove anything it did not get cleaned or removed. They were to fix cracks in stucco, caulk and fill voids between drip edge and stucco, and caulk windows as needed, this never happened My eaves and gables did not get any sealer or paint. When I pointed this out to them they started cursing me in Portuguese, and ran and jumped in their truck and took off. Little did they know I spent 5 years in Brazil and understood them. They left paint on my windows, paint on my driveway, and paint on my flagstone siding in front of the house. Southern Sky represented themselves as being part owned by professional golfer Brooks Kopeka, telling me that he and his sister owned Southern Sky. When I heard this I thought I would get English speaking painters, never happened, had to use app on phone to translate. This is a company to stay away from. They are listed in South Florida Nextdoor Neighbor forums as vendor not to use. Others have had similar experiences. Don't know how or why you rate them so high. I have photo's . Photo's show how they left my home when they said they were finished. Very poor workmanship, no quality, who's going to look up on the roof to see if something is not painted. No one, that's what Southern Sky is counting on. I have 27 pictures but can only download 10. If I could download all 27 you would see how terrible the work was performed by Southern Sky Painting. Addition pictures available at your request, I will post to NextDoor Neighbor Forum.

Description of Work
House repainting

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

Review for Southern Sky Painting - Lake Worth, Florida, Lake Worth, FL - 38829737

08/21/2020

Arlene J.

Southern Sky Painting did a great job in my home. They are on the high end payment but you do get what you pay for. I had four guys come to my home, professionally dressed and on time. They did a meticulous job and anything that I called attention to was addressed promptly and courteously. Fabio and Eduardo (and their crew) were so nice, too! I had my ceiling, doors, walls and baseboards painted and had accent walls as well. All done in one day with paintbrushes and rollers. I would hire them again and recommend highly! Speak with Diana Clutts at the office, she's the best!

Description of Work
Interior painting of center part of home

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Southern Sky Painting. We are very pleased to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations. Also, thank you for recommending our services to others. We are looking forward to working with you again soon.

08/21/2020

Gerhard L.

Outstanding customer satisfaction; perfect work ethic by team; excellent quality of work performed.

Description of Work
exterior painting