Pestana Roofing Co

Founded 1991 • With Angi since July 2009

1118 N G St Ste A

Lake Worth, FL 33460

DBA - Roof Express LLC. Family Owned & Operated, Pestana Roofing company wants to work with you to give you the roof you’ve always wanted. We’ll walk you through the entire process, whether it’s maintenance or installation. Your satisfaction is our number-one goal. We have years of experience transforming roofs and siding and have the happy customers to prove it. Additional contacts - Jennifer Zigarac, Brayden Nguyen. Additional phone - (561) 533-5325. ...

09/22/2018

Blake H.

Based on my experience, I would never recommend and highly warn against any dealings with Al Pestana and Pestana Roofing. Pestana is NOT a person or company I would trust based on his shoddy roof installation, he lied to me about the roof being completed and mislead me into paying him his balance per the contract between Pestana and our abandoning contractor, Steve Cury of SEC Construction. Cury and Pestana deviated from our permitted plans without my knowledge and the roof was installed not per manufacturers specifications leaving us with bad workmanship and roof leaks on a new roof. I sued Steve Cury and SEC Construction and SEC sued Pestana. New roofer and two independent roofing report companies confirm the roof was improperly installed out of sequence and not per manufacturers specifications among other issues. Pestana used different materials and inconsistent size materials than detailed on our permitted plans, the roof is not adhered and can be lifted by hand, wrong drip edge, eave drip metal is on top of base sheet instead of on top of mopped plies as required by manufacturers specifications, exposed rusted nails, wrappers not removed prior to installation, flashing issues and not per specifications, installed roofing materials out of sequence, ignored over two years of communications to return and replace and repair known issues under warranty, but Pestana refuses to honor contractural warranties. I have been chasing Pestana for over two years regarding his shoddy roof job and we have roof leaks and issues. We 558 Noticed Pestana and he has made no effort to redo the roof or stop the roof leaks per our warranty. Pestana was aware of issues while the I was not that Cury installed the wrong trusses, the icynene was installed before the roof was on and no one disclosed what was going on behind the scenes. The roof design and materials look awful, we have water penetration that has damaged newly completed work, we have water coming through the recessed lighting fixtures and the ugly roof and bad workmanship never goes unnoticed by anyone who comes to the property. The wrong designed trusses, wrong roofing materials and wrong drip edge with terrible workmanship will forever ruin the integrity and intended modern design. The only way to fix it is to take off the roof and trusses and start all over again. Pestana shared he is more of a roofing repair contractor and does not do new construction and was not suitable for our job. Pestana also claims he never bid per the plans or reviewed our plans and only installed what the contractor advised. Pestana and Cury had no regard for our plans and never disclosed they were deviating from our plans. Instead of a low sloping flat roof, we got a crooked, lopsided, peaked and wavy roof with wrong not adhered improperly installed roofing materials that overhang past the drip edge, wrong material and size drip edge, wrong roof color and pattern and terrible workmanship. Pestana put on a different roof than what was specified on the permitted plans and approved by the building department and admitted he did not review our plans. I asked Pestana why he proceeded with the wrong drip edge when he knew the conditions were not right to proceed, he said, I told Cury it wasn't going to be good, but he still proceeded to install the wrong drip edge with a bad result and out of sequence with the other materials. A licensed contractor should not proceed when they know the conditions are not right. Pestana said he installed the larger wrong material drip edge because it was code. Per the City there is no such code. Pestana and Cury never discussed the change in advance of installation and it is different than what the architect designed on the permitted plans. I wrote to Pestana requesting he forward the code language he was speaking of, but of course he was and has remained non-responsive. I intend to file another Licensing Board Claim, since my attorney has filed a 558 Notice and the repairs have not been handled.

Description of Work
New roof, drip edge and replace and necessary wood relating to roof.

10/06/2017

Robert G.

We had a highly positive experience with Al and Dan Pestana who responded brilliantly to an emergency roof repair situation. Even though Hurricane Irma gave them a full plate of work, they showed great empathy to our situation, diverted resources to us and demonstrated the necessary skills to correctly address the problems. They acted with dispatch in examining the job, matching tile colors and were fastidious with needed repair details. They were thorough and professional and I don't know how an experience with a contractor could be any better.

Description of Work
Roof tile repair and replacement after Hurricane Irma, Sept. 2017

07/12/2017

Bob S.

Perfect, just waiting for the next rain storm to verify all holes were fixed.

Description of Work
Repair roof leaaks

05/14/2017

Marianne P.

Very well. Quick response. Honest and reliable. Professional and reasonable price for work. Highly recommend for pressure roof cleaning.

Description of Work
Hired to pressure clean tile roof on 1098 sq ft. home.

11/01/2016

Keith K.

It didn't go at all.

Description of Work
Needed a quote for a roof replacement. Send request via Angie's List website but did not receive a response.

08/02/2016

Mrs. Sorrell C.

The workers arrived on time. They completed the job in a professional and timely manner, and cleaned up, as well as took pictures for my insurance company. We were very satisfied with the work and would use them again and we highly recommend them.

Description of Work
pitch roof: repair both sides of entryway, remove roll tiles at wall/valley transition, and clean roof deck to workable surface, repair bad wood areas and install a modified roof=roll roofing membrane over same area. strip in laps and seams w/roofing cement, membrane and roof granules, and reinstall tiles and replace up to 5 broken tiles.

08/02/2016

Patricia P.

I highly recommend this company whether it's a new roof or repairs. I have experienced both over the 18 years that I have used them. They have always responded quickly and their work is exemplary. With something as important as a roof, this company will give you a piece of mind and that is priceless. They feel like family and treat you like family!

Description of Work
This was my second roof with Pestana Roofing. The first was on a new home in 1998 and this one was an older home I moved to.

08/01/2016

Barbara L.

It went great. Very reliable, have called them more than once for repair. Usually show up same or next day for evaluation of needed repair. Prices are reasonable. Al and his team are very professional. Joe, who did the repair was prompt, knowledgable and neat. Best thing I can say is they are now the only company we call for our repairs.

Description of Work
Roof repair, broken tile and leak, soft roof.

08/01/2016

Barbara L.

It went great. Very reliable, usually show within a day to evaluate repair needed. Prices are reasonable and Joe, who did our repair, was very neat. The best reference I can say on their behalf is that we have just called for a new repair and they are the only call we made. Al and his team are top notch.

Description of Work
Removed soft wood and replaced. Replaced tar paper and tiles.

10/10/2014

LEON G.

COULD NOT HAVE GONE BETTER! EVERYTHING WENT EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED, HIS ENTIRE CREW INCLUDING AL AND HIS FATHER SHOWED UP EVERY DAY UNTIL THE JOB WAS COMPLETED. THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE GLITSCH AND NOW, 5 YRS LATER, EVERYTHING IS STILL PERFECT. YOU SIMPLY CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY: THE FEE WAS MIDWAY AMONG ALL THE QUOTES WE GOT AND WAS A VERY GOOD VALUE.

Description of Work
REPLACE OUR ROOF

08/29/2014

John A.

Al Pestana is very courteous, responsive and his crews do excellent work. The re-roofing job was completed some time ago but with a problem which was not related to the performance of the roof he took care of it in excellent fashion.

Description of Work
Put a new roof on my house

06/20/2014

Harvey S.

He saved us the cost of a new roof - $17000. He said the repair should last another 5 years. He was very honest. When the time comes to replace the roof, we'll use him!

Description of Work
He suggested that we repair the roof and not get a new one right now. He patched the roof and was able to use the existing tiles to cover the patch.

05/07/2014

Mary S.

It was excellent! I got estimates from three companies and his price was the best. He was very professional and knowledgeable in his field. He came out when he was scheduled to, got the work done, and did it well. He was also very patient and I praise his work. I would difinitely recommend him to others.

Description of Work
He did water flow cricket leak repair.

03/19/2014

Charlene R.

Did not choose.

Description of Work
Gave me an estimate on flat roof.

03/06/2014

Dawn S.

My husband patched a leak years ago, shortly after we bought our property in 2009. It held for a while, but, once renovations began in the bathroom, the leak resurfaced. We had used Pestana Roofing before, to re-roof a section above our kitchen, so we called them, again. They worked us into their schedule, got to the house promptly, and finished the job within a couple hours. The crew has been consistently friendly, experienced, and professional, and both jobs have held through countless rain storms. Highly recommend them for any roofing issue, big or small.

Description of Work
Patched a leak around a vent pipe on the roof of our back house

12/10/2013

LEON G.

Job went great! Very professional, very efficient, good crew, clean. Obviously we got estimates from a bunch of roofing companies - Pestana's quote was right on the money: a very good value! The company owner works every roofing job and they only work 1 job at a time - start to finish in a few days. Our roof is 8000 sq. ft. and as I recall they were done in a week or so. Very friendly, personable. I had a professional colleague who had his roof repaired previously by Al Pestana and he, too, was very happy with the results. They take their job very seriously and will make sure the job comes out correctly - they realize this is their reputation and that's worth everything. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Took up old roof and replaced with new roof

09/16/2013

Luis R.

The repair person was very knowledgeable and provided very detailed information about what needed to be done. He made the repairs and took photos before and after so we could see the damage and what he had done to correct it. It was done to our satisfaction and he was a pleasure to work with. Pestana roofing had done an emergency repair about a year before in another part of or roof which is why we called them again. That previous experience was excellent as well. We wholeheartedly recommend this company for their responsiveness, efficiency, and their treatment of us as customers.

Description of Work
Repaired the roof to correct a leak that was letting water into the attic.

09/05/2012

CLAUDIA G.

N/A

Description of Work
THIS COMPANY CONTACTED ME ON TUESDAY 08/28/12 (AFTER I SUBMITTED INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE SERVICE MAGIC). I CALLED THIS COMPANY BACK ON THURSDAY 8/30/12, AND SPOKE TO A JENNIFER. SHE SAID "WE ARE OUT TO LUNCH RIGHT NOW..HOLD ON"...THEN SOMEONE ELSE GOT ON THE PHONE LINE AND SAID "HELLO, THIS IS AL". I THEN PROCEEDED TO SAY "WOULD YOU LIKE TO CALL ME AFTER YOUR LUNCH?" HE REPLIED "YES, THAT WOULD BE BETTER". I THEN MADE SURE THAT HE HAD MY WORK PHONE NUMBER (ORIGINALLY THEY CONTACTED ME ON MY CELL PHONE #). IT IS NOW WEDNESDAY, 09/05/12, AND I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED A RETURNED PHONE CALL FROM THIS COMPANY. VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT THIS COMPANY NEVER RETURNED MY PHONE CALL; SHOWS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

04/19/2012

Julie F.

See Above

Description of Work
Pestana Roofing has been in our area for a very long time. They are know in the area as a very reputable company and I would highly recommend them for any roof service that is necessary. Even after our first hurricane, they were there with in the next few days to replace tiles that had fallen off of our roof. Because of their conscious effort to service their customers when the need arises, and trust me, you do not want to be without a sturdy roof during hurricane season, we were well prepared for the next storm that happened a month later. We just had our back roof replaced and I can tell you that I was so pleased with the quality of the work. His team was very respectful of our property and made sure that it looked exactly the same way it was when they came to work. If you didn't see the team trucks, you would never had know a roof was replaced. I would be happy to answer any of your questions. Please let me know and I will get back with you as soon as I can.

Pronto Restoration

Pronto Restoration is a locally operated damage restoration headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all commercial and residential Water, Flood, and Mold emergencies Not only do we restore, but we can handle filing your insurance claims by documenting your case to maximize your recovery. We help guide you through the entire process from start to finish on all damage claims!

Total Home Roofing

Total Home Roofing, is here to install a high-quality roof that protects your family. We’re committed to providing homeowners with the highest quality service and the strongest, most lasting results. We offer virtual and in-person appointments with a wide range of financing options to make the most of your budget. Total Home Roofing is dependable and unfailing when it comes to your new roof. Our team of installation professionals lives in neighborhoods just like yours, so we know exactly what kind of weather your home contends with.Total Home Roofing is here to get the job done right, the first time, on time.

Blue Bird Home

"Fixing your home is not just your priority, it is mine, have a nice day, Thank You!" Tile, Shingle, Flat Roofs, Metal Roofs and Repairs. Free Estimates, Free Consultations, Insurance Claims, Engineer Reports, Moister Surveys. 49 Years in Business. Since 1973.

Visa, MasterCard, Check

Roofing - Custom Roofing, Maintenance, & Repairs. Siding.