Dr Hook It Up

Founded 2001 • With Angi since September 2012

No job is too small or too large from the simplest TV Install and surround sound system installation to the most elaborate home theater configuration, Dr. Hook It Up can create a home theater entertainment package or TV Installation Package that suits your needs as well as your budget. Our prices are 50%-60% less than Best Buy or HH Gregg. Check out our competitive prices to see why we are the preferred choice....

A Service Provider's profile image

+14 more images

home theater installation (19)electrician (9)home automation (1)

08/16/2022

Richard D.

Ken was very helpful and solved my current problem.

Description of Work
Stereo and Home Theater Systems

Work Completed On 08/16/2022

10/18/2021

Darin R.

The install went well, I was able to upgrade my cables and get TV adjusted correctly also. Very professional, and clean install, I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Home Theater and TV installation.

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

04/06/2021

Stephanie Z.

Great service. Came when scheduled and was very helpful.

Description of Work
Stereo and Home Theater Systems

Work Completed On 04/07/2021

05/15/2020

Nicholas S.

I had Ken (Dr. Hook it up) come by to hide some wires for my surround sound system and run wire the the pool area and garage. He showed up when he said he was going to, performed the work professionally, and did a great job. The house looks clean now, less clutter, and most importantly the wife is happy!! Ken cleaned up when he was done and even moved my furniture back! I recommend him for any home sound system work you need. He was very fair on pricing as well, charged me his hourly rate for what he did. We will definitely use him again if we need more work done to our house.

Description of Work
Home audio installation

Category electrician, home theater design, home automation

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

Review for Dr Hook It Up - 3415 W Lake Mary Blvd, Lake Mary, FL - 38567696

01/29/2020

Richard S.

Evering went great. Hard workers. Fantastic job well done

Description of Work
Home Theater Installation.

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

08/21/2018

Ronald O.

Couldn't have gone better. Ken knows his stuff and loves what he does.

Description of Work
Mount TV and hook up electronics

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

07/28/2018

Randy W.

Told him what what it was doing and his response was it must be your TV. Knew right then I wasn't giving it to him.

Description of Work
Television repair

Work Completed On 07/28/2018

05/15/2018

Rachel M.

Ken arrived on time and was professional and personable. He was able to get our equipment running in our movie room. He was patient with all my questions as he showed me how to use my phone to run everything. We also set up a second appointment with him to work on our Ring doorbell. Everything is working great! We highly recommend Ken. We will definitely will call on him in the future for our A/V/electronic needs.

Description of Work
Audio/Video

Work Completed On 04/25/2018

02/01/2018

Dennis D.

Ken couldn’t have been better. He was like a knowledgeable dog with a bone and didn’t stop till the job was done and done right. He came back numerous times with parts that were shipped broken to him and didn’t charge any extra for the trips. Bright, dedicated, fair, and knows his job cold.

Description of Work
Hooking upnsound system for TV

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

04/11/2017

Chris H.

No response after 1st and second call

Description of Work
Never called back, never responded to messages

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

03/23/2017

Arnold R.

Outstanding service! Knows his work! Did a terrific job - I would highly recommend this company to EVERYONE!

Description of Work
New TV sound system hook up and programmed Harmony remote

Category home theater design, tv repair

Work Completed On 03/23/2017

01/03/2017

Debi M.

It didn't. I decided to go with another Angie List vendor.

Description of Work
I needed a custom tv installed. He was responsive, and I decided to hire him. However, he cancelled twice on me, and without a lot of advanced notice. He seems knowledgeable, and he appears to be a great guy. However, it appears as if he over extends himself, which results in cancellations.

Work Completed On 12/12/2016

01/21/2016

Jim T.

First of all Home Theater is very difficult area to chose from. I wanted a person that understood the physical hardware side of the business, plus has experience setting up home theaters and hanging TV's on walls and understood the software side of the business. I chose Ken because of his technical background, his reviews based on previous jobs. After he set down with us to strategize, we were convinced based on price and meeting our needs he was the person. The job was a couple of phases, one was the installation of the ceiling and wall speakers. The second was the software set-up phases. It was a two day job and Ken finished on time with the highest quality that my wife and myself have been part of. Ken's attention to detail is outstanding. We were able to get a short time frame installation between our initial meeting and startup time. Ken was on time and did the job within the time frame he estimated. Ken get's my wife and myself highest review we could give. My recommendation if you want to set-up a Home Theater you set down with Ken, he is the best we have seen in two states, Florida and Minnesota.

Description of Work
Complete surround sound system (5 speaker), new speakers, new AV, mounted TV in living room on the wall, complete set-up of one controller, added apple TV. Mounted a second TV in Master Bedroom. Speakers were mounted in the ceiling. Spent a great deal of time setting up one controller. Controller includes TV, Blu Ray DVD, Apple TV, Radio, both FM and AM, integrates with Ipad and Iphone where set-up can be completed on the PC. An example is Pandora set-up of list of songs and it automatically uploads to Home Theater.

Work Completed On 01/20/2016

11/27/2015

Kia R.

Description of Work
We had FLAT SCREEN TV mounted. Very professional, very neat work. We would definitely use them again. | |

Work Completed On 07/15/2015

11/25/2015

Katherine R.

Very good work, professional and detail oriented

Description of Work
Mount and install large TV over fireplace and cleaned up all electronics. Provided and programmed all in one remote

Work Completed On 10/20/2015

11/24/2015

Robert S.

Ken is a nice guy, but appointment scheduling was a disaster. Appointment was originally scheduled for Monday. Ken was running behind and asked if we could do the following day. I agreed since I asked for the install with relatively short notice (the week before). Ken was supposed to arrive on Tuesday around noon. Ken contacted me around 11 and Informed me he was going to be late. 2 1/2 hours later, he informed me he went to the WRONG appointment and was clear across the other side of town. Ken offered to come out on Wednesday, which would have required a third day of staying at the house; something my schedule would not allow. I spent two days sitting at my house waiting for absolutely nothing.

Description of Work
was supposed to mount a new TV on the patio

Category home theater design, tv repair

Work Completed On 11/24/2015

10/21/2015

Charlene W.

Description of Work
Connected my Apple TV to my Bose. Got my Bose surround sound working properly for the first time in 9 years! Fantastic job and went beyond to get all working. Very pleased. Highly recommend.

Work Completed On 10/19/2015

01/25/2015

Patti C.

Dr. Hook it up, Ken, came over to our house on a Saturday to hang our television on the wall. He doesn't usually work on Saturdays but did it for us because it was the only day we were available. My husband wanted his TV mounted on the wall for a few years and finally got his wish. Ken had to deal with our outside wall and electrical wires and did an outstanding job. We are very happy with the way our TV looks on our wall. He made sure all the wires were hidden. Ken also put up a light fixture for us that we tried to do ourselves and were having trouble with. Excellent job and his prices were fair! We would definitely call Dr. Hook it up again when we need his services!

Description of Work
Our television was hung on our wall. Fixture was put up in dining room.

Work Completed On 01/24/2015

12/23/2014

Perry D.

No call back

Description of Work
No call back

Category electrician

Work Completed On 12/19/2014

11/03/2014

Edward T.

Little did I realize when hiring Dr. Hook It Up to raise my 55and quot; Vizio monitor from the top of the fireplace to the top of the wall that I would have such a good experience. Professional, knowledgeable, attentive to every detail, prompt, clean, polite, and having the ability to lift a 55and quot; Vizio monitor single-handedly over his shoulders as if it were a feature. From a very reasonable price to an installation that gets oohs and ahhs from everyone, including my wife. Thank you, Dr. Hook It Up, for the satisfaction and positive imprint you left on our family and home. Your work was so good that I am planning to have you back in four days to install a sound bar. After that, maybe theater lights. Keep up the good work.

Description of Work
Install 55 " Vizio Monitor on wall.

Work Completed On 10/29/2014

Contact

Phone

3415 W Lake Mary Blvd #951642

Lake Mary, FL 32746

Website

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Please call for more details.