Don Reed Construction Inc

Founded 1973 • With Angi since December 2011

It all started with an ad in the Lake City Reporter advertising small home improvements. Don Reed had been laid off from Concord Mobile Homes due to the recession in 1973. Because of his quality and reliability, his business grew from a part-time venture to the fully established construction company that it is today. As a state certified General Contractor, Don Reed has built homes from 1,500 to over 10,000 sq. ft. ranging in price from the low $100 thousands to in access of $3 million. He is also one of Lake City’s most trusted commercial builders. A few of his most recognizable buildings are North Florida Pharmacy, Baya Pharmacy, North Florida Pediatrics, Busch Urology, Shands Surgical Specialists Dr. Polmerski and numerous professional offices. Establishing a reputation as a responsible, professional and quality builder came with much hard work. Always putting the customer first and being easy to work with is what has made Don Reed’s company successful. With a family owned and operated business, the atmosphere in his office is always inviting. “We want the customer to feel welcome, he said. “We are here to build their dream home or handle their roofing or remodeling needs – no matter the size....

Tri-River Contracting

Panda Pressure LLC

An owner-operated small business that puts my customers requirements first. I can restore your driveway, sidewalk, fence, house, patio, and masonry like new. I remove mold, mildew, algae, grime, pollen, mud, and dirt stains using the pressure of water and cleaning solution. I am here to make your property's exterior appealing and increase your homes value up to 10%.

360 Painting of Gainesville

360 Painting of Gainesville has the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today! Special appointments available by request.

10/30/2020

Axel N.

Don’t expect them to call you back after they get paid.

Description of Work
Repair my roof

Category roofing,garage builders

12/26/2017

Richard H.

The guys showed up exactly when they said they would. We had a couple of days where it was rainy weather and the guys worked most of the day and they completed all 4 roofs in about a weeek with the weather.

Description of Work
The insurance adjuster said 3 of our 4 roofs neded replaced because of Hurricane Irma. All of the roofs were 30+ years old. Reed Construction came out and gave me 2 estimates. 1 for the 3 damaged by the hurricane and 1 for the remaining roof.

07/27/2017

Debbie P.

Excellent job from beginning to end. Everyone was personable and professional from Estimator Paul, Manny and his entire installation crew, Joe his supervisor and Katie in the office. Would recommend for any roofing needs.

Description of Work
New Metal Roof Installed.

Thank you. It was a pleasure working with you. Reed Roofing

03/15/2017

Susan C.

.Professional.on time. No complaints. The workers worked for about 12 hours and got it done. No slackers! Looks wonderful.

Description of Work
new roof/metal

02/28/2017

Charles B.

Wonderful! Doug, Don's roofing supervisor, came to my house within a day after I called. During the visit I asked him a variety of questions about my attic space, roofing insulation, condition of my current roof, and concerns about water spots on the ceiling of my front porch as well as a question about my home addition. He answered all of my questions as well as some about the addition they put in. The answers really put my mind at ease and he did not try to push me to fix anything on the old roof or in the attic. I would say that Don and his employees are very honest, open, and straight forward. He is my preferred go to for roofing and home questions. He continues to address any concerns years after he completes the work. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I had questions about my old roof, Don Reed had built and addition on my house which I like. I called Don to ask some questions about my roofing needs and concerns.

Category remodeling,roofing,home builders

06/04/2016

Jeannie N.

He gave us a good, decent appraisal. Very courteous and polite and did great work. We went through our insurance since a tornado hit our home.

Description of Work
He replaced our roof.

03/10/2016

Raymond B.

We were very satisfied with them. I would tell my friends about them.

Description of Work
They put on a new roof on our home and our garage. The chimney had a small leak and they came out to fix it.

Category roofing,chimney repair

Thank you! We appreciate your business!

02/28/2016

Eileen L.

I paid half of the quoted price as deposit in mid July and was told that It would take about nine weeks to have work started. Doug came and did temporary measure to prevent further damaging the ceiling by leaking. They started the job on September 18 and took about five days due to weekend and raining days. They sent their affiliated painter to paint my ceiling free of charge.

Description of Work
install metal roofing.

Thank you! You were a pleasure to meet and work with!

10/21/2015

James K.

They arrived when they said they would. Evaluated the roof and provided their recommendation. They surprisingly stated the roof was in good condition and patching would work even though we asked for an estimate to patch, replace w/shingles, or replace with metal roof. Work was completed as described and we were very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for patch or replace.

Category drywall,roofing

07/31/2014

Jim S.

Very good contractor to deal with and came in at a much lower price than competitors. Office staff and roofing crew were polite, pleasant, and accommodating. Doug was very understanding of our concerns and willing to go the extra mile to make us happy. Despite temps. In the high 90's, the highly motivated crew worked 13 hours, the first day and had 95 percent of the roof installed. They were done by noon of the second day, including a very good cleanup and inspection. We could not be happier. If you need a roof installed, I would look no further than Don Reed Consruction

Description of Work
Installed metal roof on house, approx. 2000 sq. ft.

Thank you for the great review of our company. We strive to give the best service and product to our customers.

Don Reed Construction Inc

Founded 1973 • With Angi since December 2011

2230 Southeast Baya Dr #101

Lake City, FL 32025

Metal & Shingle Roofing, Roofing Repair, Residential & Commercial Construction & Renovation.