A-1 Moving and Storage

Founded 1972 • With Angi since August 2008

15070 Corporate Rd N

Jupiter, FL 33478

We are Licensed by the State of Florida and Palm Beach County as a professional moving company. We are a second generation, family owned and operated business that has been in Jupiter since 1972. We have been agents for Atlas Van Lines since 1974. We offer Local, Nationwide and Worldwide moving

08/01/2017

Stephen S.

They broke a piece of a secretarial desk. The price was a little expensive. The customer services was great.

Description of Work
Stored my property for two months then put in boxes.

Category moving companies, storage units

08/01/2017

Stephen S.

04/10/2017

Jeff A.

Excellent crew and they cam in less than estimate

Description of Work
Move from condominium to townhouse

04/08/2017

Larry L.

02/13/2017

Andrea L S.

It went great and they did a good job!

Description of Work
They helped me move some boxes and a couple refrigerators and they helped me ouyt with it.

Category moving companies

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. We are happy that we were able to assist you with you move and that you were very happy with our services. The A-1 Moving and Storage team.

03/30/2016

Nancy B.

06/18/2015

Joy B.

05/12/2015

SUSAN J.

Description of Work
It was a rather short move. Half hour drive, so to keep down costs I did all my own packing and A1 was hired only to move the big pieces. However they dropped a brand new headboard and really nicked it and somewhat fixed it. Then once things were being inspected after delivery, the matching dresser that was brand new had a big piece off a corner and the mover denied doing it. That scared the service, for me.

05/06/2015

Don P.

We had a very horrible experience with them. I would not recommend them at all. They broke many good pieces of furniture. They dropped our dining room table and broke the corner of it. They broke glass out of the wall of an atajare case as well as glass pieces on two coffee tables. They also dropped mirrors of ours and broke them. They also folded a specially made piece of carpet and messed it up. We were missing 5 or 6 boxes of ours including a box that contained 36 pair of shoes of my wife's. We used them for storage as well for 6 months and they left items in our storage unit. The storage unit called us as well because the movers left boxes in the loading dock as well as in the elevator. We were missing an entertainment center and they had to bring that back days later as well. The men that they used were not experienced and they were very disorganized.

Description of Work
They helped move us from the East coast of Florida to the West coast of Florida.

Category moving companies

For 43 years, A-1 Moving and Storage has provided Jupiter and South Florida with excellent service, professionalism and customer care. We are sorry that you had a bad move over a year ago when this move took place. We do apologize that an accident happened and some of your furniture was damaged. As with any situation where damage happens, we stand behind the contract we made with our customers and as such, we paid you $4,145 to settle your claim. Again, we apologize for the problems contained in this move. We put our customers first and we see them as part of the A-1 family. Many of our customers have chosen us as their preferred mover for years and we are proud to serve as one of Jupiter's most highly rated moving companies.

11/17/2014

Susan J.

They were outstanding from the time they came out to do an estimate until the second crew came to deliver our furniture. It was a great experience. We would hire them again in the future and recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
The provider packed up and moved our belongings from our old home to the new home.

Category moving companies

Thank you for your wonderful response, your business is appreciated.

06/16/2014

John P.

Excellent experience. No over charges and the crew was extremely professional. prompt, All items were delivered with out damage and on time. The price quote was exactly what I paid.

Description of Work
moved seven rooms of furniture

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your move. Your business is appreciated. For 43 years, A-1 Moving and Storage has provided Jupiter and South Florida with excellent service, professionalism and customer care. We put our customers first and we see them as part of the A-1 family. Many of our customers have chosen us as their preferred mover for years and we are proud to serve as one of Jupiter's most highly rated moving companies.

06/16/2014

Anne P.

Everything was great!

Description of Work
They were great and very professional. They carefully wrapped our living room and bedroom and sent it to our sons house up north. They also stored more furniture in their warehouse until we need it. They were awsome!

05/14/2014

John C.

Description of Work
In town moving. Very prompt and accurate estimate.

Category moving companies

Thank you for sending in this review.

05/08/2014

Ken H.

They did a fairly good job. It was fine. They arrived when they were supposed to and they packed the things they were supposed to pack. Everything arrived here on schedule. The price was a little higher than expected although I was looking forward initially so it wasn't a real surprise. Compared to other places, they were far from the cheapest, but they have a good reputation that was why we used them. They helped us and gave us boxes and paper to wrap things with. They were a little late but not much. They seemed very professional.

Description of Work
We used A-1 Moving and Storage when we moved from Florida to Arizona in October of 2013.

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

05/08/2014

AMIE L.

Guys showed up early and got right to work. They were friendly, professional and did an amazing job. Very impressed with the care of our belongings and we would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable, caring moving company. From the quote, which I had Anthony come out 2 times to requote our move to the movers, everything was handled professionally and exceeded our expectations. They truly know what great customer service is and we will use them again if the need arises.

Description of Work
Moved us from rental into purchased property.

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to review us! I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and that your move was everything you hoped for.

03/29/2014

marvin S.

Category moving companies

We appreciate you taking the time to submit this review, thank you.

03/06/2014

Lynn R.

The thing that impressed me most was that the estimate for the move was reduced, as it took two hours less than was previously thought. Really, who does that! I cannot say enough good things about this moving company. Moving is one of the most stressful things ever, but A-1 Moving made sure it was one thing I did not have to worry about.

Description of Work
Two men came promptly at 8:30 a.m on Saturday to begin the packing process. They packed all non-essentials, packed up the pantry, shrink-wrapped the furniture, and packed all our clothes into wardrobe boxes. The men were so helpful and nice that I was very confident this move was going to go well. On Monday three men arrived at the expected time and moved our entire life into the moving truck. We did the final walk-thru and that was it. They made a difficult job look easy! It didn't take very long and before I knew it, we were on the road to our new home. All our furniture was placed where we wanted it. Nothing was lost or broken.

Category moving companies

Thank you for this very nice review, we are happy that you were very satisfied with our services. Yes, we do stand behind our promise to only charge for actual services rendered. Good luck in your new home.

09/19/2013

Colleen G.

A-1 Moving was friendly and professional from beginning to end. The sales person took plenty of time to explain all the details of the process and was easy to contact. The office staff was friendly and helpful. The truck arrived and it was spotless. Moving out and in was fast and efficient. The team of movers was so polite and pleasant; they made a challenging process seem easy and very comfortable for me.

Description of Work
Moved household from Florida to Connecticut. The loaded and unloaded boxes I packed myself so I cannot speak to the packing service.

Category moving companies

Thank you for this very nice review, we are happy that you were very satisfied with our services. Good luck in your new home.

09/06/2013

monica L.

It was a pleasure using this company. Wonderful personnel. Arrived on time, assisted above and beyond expectations.

Description of Work
Moved furniture.

Category moving companies

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review!

08/09/2013

shashidhar A.

It went very well.

Description of Work
They moved my items.

02/13/2012

Beatrice G.

Patricia was a great salesperson. She was very attentive, personable, responsive and prompt. She estimated everything accurately and provided me a firm, binding price. However, things fell through with the sale of my home so I had to cancel.

Description of Work
I intereviewed A1 Moving & Storage to help me move to a new home.

Category moving companies

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Hopefully we can be of service in the future.

04/06/2011

Alastair K.

It was a pleasure to work with this company. I was referred by a close friend of mine who said that they are efficient, friendly, professional, and that is exactly the service my family and I received. The truck came on time and everything was delivered and set up on time as well. I couldn?t have asked for a better moving experience and can?t get over how polite the movers were. I believe that due to them being locally owned family business, they appreciate the value of great customer service and it was clear to see in the way they handled our possessions and interacted with my family. I would definitely recommend A1 Moving to anyone who wants to ensure quality protection of their belongings and friendly service.

Description of Work
Made my family's first moving experience smooth and enjoyable.

12/14/2010

David S.

They lost her very expensive mattress. First they promised that it would be picked up and delivered to her place in Pennsylvania without going to storage area. However they did put it in storage and they lost it, along with the bedding for it. They gave her some money for the mattress but did not give her enough to cover everything that was lost.

Description of Work
My daughter used A-1

Category moving companies

While we strive to make every move as easy and hassle free as possible, we are not perfect and sometimes accidents happen. When these situations arise we do our best to satisfy the customer with a settlement based on the situation and the type of coverage they chose. In this situation, a basic Futon mattress was lost. We apologized to the customer and made a fair-market offer of settlement, based on her coverage, which she accepted. Now, almost a year later, we find out by reading Angie’s List that the father of the customer says that he was not happy with our service. This is unfortunate because if the actual customer would have told us at that time that she was not happy, we would have tried to do more to satisfy her concerns. Since she did accept the settlement, we thought everything was okay.

01/18/2009

Andrew L.

From start to finish, every part of the move was handled excellently, with care and respect for my property. I had planned on moving my computer system myself because it is so critical to my business. These guys never seemed to stop moving, but never appeared rushed. While watching the care they took wrapping, crating and moving everything, I asked them to move the computer. They added that to the contract and did protect it perfectly. Some things had to be dropped off at a storage facility and some things had to be picked up from another office storage site at the old office and some things had to be picked up from my home also. At the new office, they were just as careful, asking me exactly where I wanted "my baby" to go.

Description of Work
Moved my entire professional office from one location to another

08/26/2008

Sean G.

We have had a very positive experience with this company. They have moved my immediate family at least 3 times and have also moved other members of my family. They are locally owned family business and it shows in their attention customer service and professionalism. The actual moving staff has always been timely and efficient, clean and courteous. Working under less than ideal circumstances (unruly children) the staff never got flustered and maintained a good sense of humor and an efficient work ethic. In all the moves we have never had a problem with damaged items. The trucks arrive on time and deliver on time as well. I can't say enough about the quality of this provider. In a world where all you hear is bad reports of movers this company is a breath of fresh air! I highly recommend them to anyone scheduling a local or long distance move.

Description of Work
This company has performed several moves for our family both local and long distance.

Junk King Palm Beach

Junk King is the number one rated junk removal service in North America. We do things the old fashioned way by offering reliable /co and personal customer service. The idea is simple, treat people well and treat our planet well. Therefore, we recycle, reuse, and repurpose as much as we can. Our process is easy: • You pick a date and a two hour window • We call you 15 minutes before we arrive • If you agree to our estimate, we'll go ahead and take your items Commonly removed items include: • Furniture Removal • Television Disposal & Recycling • Yard Waste Removal • Foreclosure Clean Outs • Appliance Removal • Hot Tub Disposal • E-Waste Disposal • Trash Removal • Mattress Disposal • Refrigerator Disposal & Recycling • Construction Waste Removal • Garbage Removal

Pull Up N Dump LLC

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in hauling services, junk removal, furniture moving, debris removal and all of your dumping or transporting needs. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Award 2022
    Summit Van Lines

Summit Van Lines is Southeast Floridas top rated moving company. Helping South Florida residents for 20+, we know exactly how to get the job done in a professional & affordable manner. We licensed and insured and have a supervisor on site until your project is completed. Trust us to help you with your new corporate or residential move!

Offers by Summit Van Lines on Angi
    Delivery Service
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

We offer professional residential household moving and packing services by our highly trained and experienced crews. Along with our Florida moves we can do interstate moves with Atlas Van Lines. We provide Office, Industrial & Commercial moving services, too. We have moved many of the offices for Palm Beach County, Duffy's, the laboratories and offices for companies like Scripps Florida, Max Planck, VGTI and Torrey Pines to name a few. We offer packing, crating and other third party services.

We do not offer snow removal :)