Speedy Dustless Tile & Floor Removal, LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since March 2011

13990 Bartram Park Blvd Unit 1019

Jacksonville, FL 32258

Due to Covid19, we are currently not operating. An update will be posted when we're open for business. Thanks to all our customers. We wish you and your families well. Speedy Floor Removal was founded in 2009 and is a 3-Time Super Service Award Winner! Key Speedy Differentiators: Dust-Free - No dust can been seen. If there’s a cleaning bill, we pay for it (See more below) 1 Day Floor Removal - We can remove up to 2,000 square feet of flooring in one day. Floor Covering Removal - We remove every type of floor coverings Surface Preparation - We prep the surface when removing flooring - saving money & time. Glue, Thin Set, Coating Removal - We can prep concrete to accept stain, epoxy & coatings Waste Haul Off - Our custom trailers save you, time, money & hassle vs a dumpster Other Differentiators Speedy created a “Dustless Certification” along with a dustless training program with one of Florida’s Top University’s. Every Speedy location and employees have to go through a dustless equipment and process training program and certification. None of Speedy’s locations subcontract work. We employee military, and individuals of the highest moral character, who can be trusted in your home. Employees are rewarded based on performance, and your review, to ensure every customer receives the highest quality of service....

06/11/2020

amos H.

AWESOME LOVE THE SERVICE WILL USE AGAIN

Description of Work
MY FLOORS WAS DOING TILE IN BATHROOM DONE

Category ceramic tile, hardwood floor

05/28/2020

Rita G.

A few hiccups but overall went well

Description of Work
Bathroom tile

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile

03/20/2020

Ryan D.

Speedy's was great to work with. I needed my floor tile removed quickly and they did it within a week. Also, at first I requested only the tile be removed but then later realized I also needed the mortar removed underneath. They were willing to come out a second time to do that for no additional charge, eve though it was my communication mistake. All in all great experience.

Description of Work
Removal of kitchen tile

11/17/2019

John M.

Amazing. Very fast, excellent communication throughout, and cleaned everything thoroughly. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Removal of 350 feet of ceramic tile

01/04/2019

Austin B.

Absolutely Amazing job! Professional, quick, and tidy! We are renovating and began tearing up the floors ourselves. When it took about 3 hours to remove 15 square feet- bits and pieces of the 20+ year old laminate, and glue stilled remained, with dust everywhere, we called Charles who immediately came to our rescue! They just finished the job and it was worth every penny! We cannot thank Speedy Floor Removal enough!!

Description of Work
Removal of old, glued laminate flooring

Category flooring contractor

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for leaving us such a great review. Sorry for the super late response. We've been so busy and haven't had the human resources to respond to our social media post. Thanks again! Have a great week! Speedy Floor Removal

12/14/2018

Matt G.

They showed up on time and completed job quickly. Good guys with equipment to do the job right.

Description of Work
Tile and vinyl flooring removed

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed]. Thanks for leaving this awesome review and for your business. Our Speedy family depends on it. So sorry for the super late response. We've been so busy and haven't had the human resources to respond to our social media post. Thanks again! Have a great week! Speedy Floor Removal

11/08/2018

June F.

Michael’s team arrived on time and promptly began work. Initially they protected as many surfaces as possible such threshold at home entry. They completed the removal and bagged the dust to take away. Professional and courteous team. We would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Removal of concrete sealant and leveling compound.

Category flooring contractor

Thanks Seleeta! So sorry for the late response. We've been so busy and haven't had the human resources to respond to our social media post. We really appreciate your business. Thanks again! Have a great week! Speedy Floor Removal

11/02/2018

Melanie H.

In less than two hours, the floor was finished. There was no dust at all. Speedy floors did a terrific job. The guys were very professional and polite. I am very pleased with the work that was done by speedy floors.

Description of Work
Kitchen tile floor removal.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you we really appreciate your business.

10/15/2018

MICHELLE D.

So Happy with the Results! Amazing job! Speedy Floor Removal took up 1200 sqft of ceramic tile and hardwood as well as 650 sqft of carpet, removal of our fireplace mantel and demo of a guest shower from our home in November 2018. We were more than completely satisfied with the process from start to finish. Ryan - who came to give us the original quote - was super attentive and answered all of my questions. Even before we hired them, he followed up with suggestions on an installer and tile company. I was concerned about the baseboards, but they were borderline immaculate! I'm attaching photos to show the difference. During Demo Day, the team showed up and went right to work. Everyone was hard-working and personable, and very helpful. They set up a venting system to pull the dust to the outside as well as covered furniture and cabinets. We paid them for removal of the debris (versus having a dumpster on-site). They definitely have the removal process down to a science. They did a super job and his crew worked like a well oiled machine. I left for work around 9:30 am (my DH stayed at home) and when I came home I was amazed! Everything had been removed, the thin set ground down, and everything vacuumed up to our satisfaction. Like with any construction, you will have a *little* dust as the particulates settle over the next week or so. I was expecting this, but it didn't add that much more to my weekly cleaning routine. We would definitely use Speedy Floor Removal again because of their professionalism and quality of work. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Removal of hardwood, tile and carpet and more!

Category flooring contractor, fireplaces, mudjacking

[Member Name Removed], It was so good to meet you. Thanks for leaving this awesome review, the facebook review and for your business. Our Speedy family depends on it. Finally getting help to manage our social media post:) Have a great week and thanks again. Ryan

08/22/2018

William G.

The job was completed in record time and there was little to no dust to complain about. My wife has allergies and this was a major deciding factor for me. I liked them so much I tried to buy into the company.

Description of Work
Removal of tile and thinset

08/13/2018

Steve L.

They said it would be dustless and it was!! Couldn't have asked for a better job.

Description of Work
remove ceramic tile floor from kitchen and entry hall

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

07/22/2018

Steven P.

I regret this update. After the job was done and we had given a positive review we noted that the base to our stairs had been removed - which was not tile. I think they just were not watching closely. This could have been an honest mistake , but they handled it poorly when I tried to discuss this with them. We tried to contact them to see if they could replace it or we could make some agreement and we were hung up on and then no reply form our voicemail. Further, I noted my threshold to my front door was new. It was missing the hole for the door post to go in. They had - unknown to us - replaced this at some point in the day and hoped we would not notice. I am very sure of this replacement because just 1 week prior I needed to open up both sides of our double front door and I had to unlock the bottom post. so the only explanation is that they replaced this and hoped I would not notice. But they forgot to drill a hole and put down the door pin. I would not be nearly as upset if they had not avoided discussing these items with me. But now they will not return a call, so I cannot work with them. I have now fixed these items myself at my own expense.

Description of Work
Remove Tile

05/07/2018

Linda E.

I received a phone call the night before the Monday job to confirm, it was from the owner's son. He said he would be flying in overnight and be at the job in the morning. A two-person team arrived in the morning and went straight to work. They did not walk the job with me nor did they discuss the agree upon terms. They proceeded to start right in on the tile leaving the carpet for last. The partially/loosely covered some furniture and upper cabinets. They did not cover appliances or lower cabinets with a very lightweight clear plastic. They were thrown over furniture. They were not properly wrapped in my opinion but I didn't realize this until after the tile was demolished. No matter what they tell you, it is not dustless, it is less dust than normal demo but it is not dustless. A week later I am still wiping up dust. At any rate, they started roughly around 9:30 a.m. and finished approximately at 5 p.m. I was not present in side the house for most of the job, I was outside. I did look in from time to time and several times I had to point out areas that they missed. The worst part was when I looked from my lanai door towards the kitchen and noticed they had shredded the bottoms of my lower cabinets. I was horrified. I pointed it out to the owner’s son and he said, "It states in our contract that we are not responsible for any damage." I then told him that I read my contract and no where in it did it state that. One cabinet door was damaged more than the others were and I told the guy he needed to call his dad to see how they were going to remedy this. After speaking with his dad on the phone, he (the owner's son) took the cabinet door and said they would repair it and return it to me. Also, they took almost all of my bi fold closet doors off. I asked them to re hang them before leaving and was told that they weren't able to be rehung after the carpet and tile was removed. I took them at their word which turned out to not be true. At the end of the job, the son looked exhausted. I told him he didn't look well. He and his partner told me that was because he had spent the weekend partying at his Alma mater and that he had, in fact, just flown in via the red eye. Assume what you will from that. Later that evening when I started to dust everything I found pieces of tile everywhere. There were/are chips of tile in the well of my refrigerator door icemaker. My bad, I did not check one guestroom before they left. There are pieces of carpet stuck under ALL the baseboards. They did that room last so again, assume what you will. I did send off a few emails to the company explaining that the crew worked hard, worked straight through the day with few breaks, but I also explained that my cabinets were damaged, and parts of the job were not complete. The next day, in talking to someone else that had a competitor do dustless floor removal I found out that their doors were not removed during or after and that they had had no damage at all in their home. At the end of the week I received a call from the son who told me he could swing by later in the day to re-hang the cabinet door, finish anything left undone, and try to hang the doors. Again he insisted that the doors were NOT safe to hang. I tried to explain to him that I had discovered that that was not true, and in fact that I had hung one closet door without any issue at all after speaking with someone who had had a similar job done at their home. At that point he (the son) became combative. I asked him what was wrong and he responded as follows "Maybe next time you should hire our competition" I told him I did not wish for him to come to my home any longer and that if he would simply ship the repaired cabinet door to me, I would hire someone to hang it along with finishing the rest of the job. I received the cabinet door via Priority Mail the next day. When I opened the box and saw the repair to the cabinet door I was horrified. It is a white laminate door that they had shredded the laminate off the bottom and sides and exposed the pressed wood interior. It looked like they had used a bottle of white out to paint over the exposed pressed wood. It looks like a five year old could have fixed it, and it arrived with additional damage that was not there prior and not repaired. I have sent photos of it and emails to the owners and have not heard anything back. I do not expect to at this point. I would never hire this company again. If you hired them and they didn't do damage to your home you are lucky because if they did, they would not fix it nor would they care. Oh, and before they left the job and before I paid, they gave me an Angie's list form to fill out a review. They said, they submit their reviews themselves. Again, assume what you will from that.

Description of Work
Both tile and carpet removal.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling

10/13/2017

Michelle D.

Incomplete job. Not finished per agreement. Left swirl marks, broke wall tile, dinged up paint on doors, left nails in concrete and broke floor outlet cover.

Description of Work
Removal of tile and carpet. Hone concrete ready for stain.

Marilyn W.

They were on time & the crew was very hard working & professional and friendly. Excellent clean up!

Description of Work
Removed Glue Engineered flooring & Ceramic tile. Grind off adhesive (prepped concrete)

Sean W.

Excellent! On time, friendly, professional, responsive to customer needs. Exceeded all expectations! Very well done job and company name tells it all. Speedy!

Description of Work
tile and then set removal level concrete foundation vacuumed & sealed off, entire work site, protected all surfaces.

Category flooring contractor, mudjacking

Kelly T.

Excellent experience! On time; super kind and helpful crew. Knew exactly what to do. I would highly recommend!

Description of Work
1000 sq ft tile & groute & thinset.

Category ceramic tile

Joel T.

They did an excellent job. Very thorough, careful, clean, and considerate. Very quick too! would definitely use them again and would highly recommend them to any one else.

Description of Work
Removal of tile floor.

Lawrence T.

Were extremely professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and productive.

Description of Work
Remove approximately 1100 square feet of tile floor in family room, living room, dining room, kitchen, foyer, dinette area, halls, and 50 square feet of vinyl flooring in laundry.

Tim V.

They were great! Got quote and service date by email. They called ahead, arrived on time, cleaned up the mess thoroughly, and were done in 2.5 hours. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Removed 265 square feet of tile flooring.

Pat S.

They were on time. Completed the job and didn't leave a mess.

Description of Work
Tile removal.

Joseph Adam S.

on time, friendly & professional. Worked quickly & cleaned up.

Description of Work
Removal of ceramic tile floor

Jill S.

The crew arrived on time and performed the job as expected. They were all very polite as well.

Description of Work
Tile floor removed from kitchen and dining room.

Rahul P.

On time, reasonably priced, polite crew, very accomodating.

Description of Work
800 sq feet tile removal.

Eugene R.

Kenny & his crew did a fine and professional job. Thank you!!

Description of Work
Tile removal & cleaning