Remodeling Pros-Room Additions Only

Founded 1997 • With Angi since August 2011

General Remodeling

2763 Mandarin Meadows Dr N

Jacksonville, FL 32223

6 out of 7 years of Super Service Awards on Angies List, Celebrating 20 years of Design & Build in the NE Florida area. Family owned & operated. Work limited to design/build of Additions and major structural repairs. In the design process we use state of the art software to produce 3D images of your project before starting, so you know exactly what the addition/renovation will look like before we start. During the construction we stay out of your home by using the Last Day Breakthrough system. Temporary walls or existing partitions are locked from the customer side so no workers are in your home. Upon completion we breakthrough!...

decks & porches (17)outdoor kitchens (15)architect (15)home builder (15)patio enclosures (14)roofing (12)door installation (11)electrician (11)window replacement (10)siding companies (10)drywall (10)general contractors (10)

08/20/2021

SCOTT E.

Overall the project turned out better then expected! Keith Sheets always and kind and professional tradesman at the house that knew exactly what they were doing. Very competent. Would hire again to conduct a future home addition or remodel project.

Description of Work
Garage addition. Added 10' x 20' addition to an existing 3 car garage to accommodate large vehicles and trailer (boat). Removed existing 7' high garage door and coordinated install of 8' high garage door. Pulled all permits and conducted driveway modifications while pouring additional slab for garage addition. Stucco extended on house and stacked stone veneer was added to front of home.

Category contractors,concrete repair,concrete driveways,electrician,picture framing,landscaping,remodeling,roofing,siding,garage builders,architect,stucco,house painters,doors

Work Completed On 07/22/2021

Review for Remodeling Pros-Room Additions Only - 2763 Mandarin Meadows Dr N, Jacksonville, FL - 39447232

06/13/2019

Darlene W.

It didn't. Keith came out for the initial discussion. The initial meeting was great! He was on time and professional. I thought we had a meeting of the minds. He took pictures and a copy of the property plan. He was going to email me an initial sketch and pricing to do the design work by the end of the week. But, it's been three weeks and no response. I've emailed and called both numbers and left messages several times. I am very sad. I was very much looking forward to working with this company on my design (and, yes, paying for the design work). As I said in my messages to him, I am okay if we have to delay, but he should at least call me back and let me know that. So, A for the initial meeting, but an F for the follow-up. Not very professional to not return an email or phone call. Sad.

Description of Work
Remodel for new upper deck and Sunroom along the back of the house

Category decks,remodeling,sunrooms

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

01/15/2019

Joann B.

Professional all the way. Couldn’t be happier with the outcome. Looks great and will add to use and comfort of the deck. Keith always responded quickly and thoroughly to my questions or concerns. Highly recommend this contractor.

Description of Work
Had a gabled style roof built over deck and attached to existing roof on home

Category roofing,sunrooms

Work Completed On 01/10/2019

01/03/2019

Natale O.

Quick turnaround on a 1,360 sq. ft. commercial tenant buildout at an existing shopping center. Drawings, permitting, CO, and open for business in less than 4 weeks! Including demo, new office, walls, painting, lighting, flooring, etc. All subs were professional and responsive.

Description of Work
1,360 sq. ft. Commercial Tenant Buildout in a shopping center

Category drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,picture framing,heating & air conditioning/hvac,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 12/17/2018

12/05/2018

Nancy R.

Finished product is great! Took a little longer than I thought it would mostly because of weather and inspection issues. Some of the subs were not the most reliable but Keith stayed on top of it and let us know when there were going to be delays. Keith is very knowledgable and has the contacts in the trade to do just about anything.

Description of Work
Demolition and rebuild of sunroom and lanai with outdoor kitchen

Category sunrooms,outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 11/14/2018

12/04/2018

Ron O.

Very professional. The design was outstanding and took all my needs and desires into consideration for the design. I was absolutely delighted with the 3D renderings as it showed me exactly what I was going to get in a photo realistic manner. Keith was extraordinary responsive, knowledgeable and professional

Description of Work
I needed an addition to the house designed and built. This was a 1200 sq ft shop, office and man cave

Category picture framing,remodeling,roofing,garage builders,stucco,house painters,interior painters,sunrooms

09/30/2018

LYNN L.

Overall, it went very well. Keith is an experienced and very knowledgeable contractor. He was very responsive to my calls and patient with my numerous and detailed questions. The project took longer than expected but from what I heard from other people who were having work done on their homes by other companies and from one of the inspectors of our project, that is the norm. Speaking of inspectors, the work done on this project was praised and quickly signed off on. I contacted several companies before choosing Remodeling Pros and either this project was too small for them, they didn't do this kind of work, they didn't return my calls, didn't show up for their appointment, were unreasonable in their requests or their estimates did not reflect my requests. Keith was on time, listened to me and did what I wanted. I am thankful to Remodeling Pros for taking on this small project and doing a great job. The enclosed carport looks beautiful inside and out and I am thrilled to have this new room in my home. I definitely recommend Remodeling Pros and Keith Sheets.

Description of Work
Carport Enclosure

Category drywall,picture framing,insulation,remodeling,siding,woodworking,architect,house painters

Work Completed On 09/30/2018

09/06/2018

Jim C.

Overall it went very well and I'm very satisfied with the end result. Had some issues with the inspector and some minor delays due to worker availability but in general, it took about the amount of time to complete as I expected. Keith is a very nice guy that I would trust with a similar project in the future. One of his primary workers - Shawn - was very professional, detailed oriented and a very hard worker.

Description of Work
Had a load bearing outdoor fireplace wall removed and replaced with cross beam and post

Category decks,electrician,picture framing,stucco,outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 06/29/2018

Review for Remodeling Pros-Room Additions Only - 2763 Mandarin Meadows Dr N, Jacksonville, FL - 37379290

08/28/2018

Stephanie H.

Keith is a good salesman with lots of good reviews and listened well during design. We did make some changes during the project. Once our project began, communication with the customer and subcontractors, project management, and quality control were shown not to be his strengths. We are very blessed that we had the resources to live elsewhere during the demolition and construction. Florida and Texas had hurricanes about 30 days into our project and we believe that had major negative impacts to Keith’s pool of subcontractors. Our project sat for 30-45 days with only a few hours of work during that time. Keith never really recovered. Keith seemed willing to call subcontractors back numerous times and delay the end date of the project indefinitely, but we routinely disagreed on what was acceptable. We pushed Keith to complete everything we could in the last month. After over 4 months for a 3 month project, we had lost confidence and locked Keith and his subcontractors out. We hired additional contractors to perform repair work, finish and repair drywall mud, completely repaint, and just pay attention to details. Our 300 sqft bath and closet addition ultimately turned out very nice. Not recommended.

Description of Work
300 sqft addition

Category contractors,closet systems,drywall,electrician,picture framing,heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,siding,water heater repair,replacement windows,woodworking,architect,doors

Work Completed On 02/25/2018

We use state of the art software for our 3D rendering and design. We do not do change orders since the final design can be seen in 3D and with our experience there are no unforeseen problems. This particular job included two homeowner custom window changes after delivery, floor plan changes, electrical changes and plumbing changes. All of this was done free except for a minor change order for the first special order window. These windows kept us from the inspections to go on with drywall and siding install. We were asked to do int painting and bead board installation even though we did not contract for this. All this work was done as noted with delays for the hurricanes and numerous changes in four Months. After getting the final inspection, we responded to a call for some debris removal, which we did and never received another call or the final payment.

05/30/2018

Patricia G.

It went very well. He was clear, kept in touch, was responsive and knew the commercial building codes. It was very helpful to work with him.

Description of Work
He built two commercial buildings for us. One was previously the owner's house that we turned into our RV Park clubhouse. He gutted it and turned it into a clubhouse where everyone can meet. He took the ceilings up to create vaulted ceilings, made it handicap accessible, installed two commercial bathrooms, and installed a huge island. Another project he did was a new building that included 4 individual bathrooms, a fitness center, a small laundry and surrounded by a covered walkway. He also did the brand new pool bath house.

Category home builders

Work Completed On 12/14/2016

04/13/2018

Paul N.

We sustained major damage in our house due to one of the most severe hurricanes experienced in Jacksonville Florida during the winter of 2017. A huge tree fell on top of the house destroying a major sections of the entire house. Remodeling Pros was one of the contractors we contacted to bid on the job. We awarded the job to them because they were very thorough and clear on the explanation of the process of rebuilding our home. The damage consisted of major repairs to the roof, structural repairs, electrical, plumbing, floors and a full renovation of the kitchen and a bedroom. Since day one, Keith was on time to all our appointments and meetings. The work was performed with professionals in every field that the renovation required. Keith was responsive to all questions and must of all was easily accessible to us when we needed to contact him. Our house had to pass several rigorous city inspections. Every inspector commented positively on the workmanship of the work performed. That gave us reassurance that the work been done was of the highest standards. Thank you, Remodeling Pros, for your excellent services. I will strongly recommend Remodeling Pros for is a pleasure to work with true professionals. All the best, Paul Naranjo, Home owner.

Description of Work
Complete renovation of 90% of my house due to damage from hurricane Irma.

Category contractors,closet systems,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,picture framing,insulation,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

08/03/2017

John A.

Keith Sheets worked with us from the conceptual beginning. He was extremely cooperative in helping us understand the issues of exterior and interior construction. From initial discussions, he developed a 3D Model of the Sun Room Addition. This allowed us to see from several angles what the addition would look like. Once we settled on the 3D Model, he proceeded to provide plans and General Requirement/Specifications for construction. It was a pleasure to work with Keith Sheets at Remodeling Pros. He was responsive, considerate and willing to assist us throughout the process. The cost for his effort was also reasonable. We would recommend him for Sun Room Addition Design.

Description of Work
Design for a Sun Room Addition to our 40yr old house.

Category remodeling,sunrooms

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

07/18/2017

Margaret R.

For the most part, the project went very well. Fritz, Mike and Chris were the principal builders and did a terrific job. I was impressed with their work ethic and craftsmanship. They actually cared about their work and did a thorough job. During removal of outside brick where the new room was to be added, old termite damage was discovered inside the wall of the existing master bathroom shower. The shower had to be completely replaced, wall studs and all - new tile on floor and walls. Naturally this added to the overall cost and timing of the project. There was the occasional miscommunication but nothing that had an impact on the job as a whole. The only real problem was Keith's difficulty in finding someone to install the patio pavers. This was finally resolved and the pavers beautifully installed. The privacy fence was built literally from the ground up and is far better looking and sturdier than the original fence. I am happy with every aspect of the finished product and have no problem recommending Remodeling Pros for similar projects.

Description of Work
I had a bedroom added to the house, roof built over front porch, several windows replaced, old vinyl siding removed and replaced with Hardie lap siding, and a fairly large paver patio installed. Following this project, they also built a new privacy fence.

Category contractors,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,picture framing,heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation,lighting,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,woodworking,ceiling fans,house painters,interior painters,doors,hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/10/2017

04/26/2017

JOEL F.

excellent everything went as planned.

Description of Work
great company

Category remodeling,home builders

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

12/15/2016

Bill Y.

Keith meet with me several times as we developed the design concept, starting out with my idea of a 2 car garage, and ending up with 6 car garage with a upstairs room with a wine bar. There were a few rough spots during construction, however, the finished garage is beautiful and exceeded my expectations. Keith's employees, Fritz, Chris, and Mike, as well as his sub-contractors, did an outstanding job. The new building fits into a tight space I had, and blends in with the existing house well. I would recommend Keith and Remodeling Pros

Description of Work
Remodeling Pros (Keith Sheets) designed and built a new garage for me. In addition, he helped me coordinate a new septic system, re-landscaping the backyard, and a new paver driveway, as well as modification to an existing fireplace, and rebuilding a bathroom vanity.

Category contractors,closet systems,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,picture framing,insulation,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,garage builders,home builders,woodworking,architect,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,doors,outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 12/09/2016

Review for Remodeling Pros-Room Additions Only - 2763 Mandarin Meadows Dr N, Jacksonville, FL - 34129652

04/11/2016

Teresa D.

It was a huge improvement. The guys were all very nice and professional. The project took longer than expected, but they spent more time on certain details than we had anticipated. I am glad they did the work and we are happy with how it looks.

Description of Work
Remodeling Pros removed an old deck and walkway and re-built a new deck and walkway. They also replaced a storm door.

Category decks,landscaping,remodeling,woodworking,doors,hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/28/2016

04/13/2015

Cynthia N.

The responsiveness to my initial inquiry was prompt and the follow up inquiry to see if I still needed more information was a welcome and pleasant customer service opportunity. Although we did not end up having work done due to other circumstances, the communication was excellent and remains a positive as to why I'd follow up and highly consider this group when I do need work done.

Work Completed On 01/01/2015

03/12/2015

daryl K.

Angie was here daily, particularly in the early stages of the building process. She helped with perfecting the design and detail of our building plan and worked to refine our plan until it specifically met our needs. One of Angie's strongest attributes is that she listens to the homeowner and can see the homeowner's vision of the completed project. She helps the homeowner to consider many possibilities for resolving a design problem. She can definitely think outside the box, which is invaluable in the client's satisfaction with the final result. Angie also worked with all of the construction crew and sub-contractors to coordinate the day's construction progress. She relayed the workers' daily progress, as well as any problems or concerns, to our contractor. Angie is an excellent troubleshooter. When problems occurred, she was the first to arrive on the scene and worked side by side with the workers and crew to fix and resolve the issue. She is a dedicated and creative worker with a broad knowledge of the building process. She is ethical, fair, and dedicated to the client's satisfaction with the final product.

Description of Work
Angie served as a project manager and coordinator on behalf of our contractor for the remodeling of our home.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/02/2014

09/02/2014

Roy S.

The Builder was contacted in order to do a design build addition for the house, Initially he seemed very interested and willing to come up with ideas and a plan. He responded with one idea and I've heard nothing further. I even wrote again to find out what the deal was..... with no response. I'm sure if he is contracted, he would do great job, but his failure to keep the ball rolling with me leaves me with a negative review.

Description of Work
The builder was asked to provide a design/ build proposal for a house addition...he provided 1 verbal idea over the phone.

Category remodeling,home builders

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

On March 17, 2014 I was given the option by the Owner of giving a free 3-D Rendering or moving on. I specialize in giving exterior 3-D renderings, interior 3D renderings and fly bys before any construction or plans begin. This process is a back and forth with the client to ensure that the plans are exactly to their specification and takes a couple of weeks at the minimum for a true representation. At the end of the 3-D renderings, a final permit-able product is ready for building. This is a service I supply to all my clients after we are hired to do the design. Due to the nature of the product and the time it takes to accomplish, this work is not something that can be given away. After the choice was given, I chose to move on.

08/10/2014

Cindy K.

Keith and his crew did an amazing job! I highly recommend and will work with them again, soon. Keith is terrific to work with and don't be afraid to ask questions. He has a wealth of knowledge and great ideas. He might have a visual concept or idea that could be something you never thought of, so keep an open mind. This is his expertise, so he knows what works / doesn't work, and what adds value to a home vs. money waisted. Communication is key. Keith also brought in Angie (no, not that Angie!) to help with decisions regarding style and trends. Either Keith or Angie communicated with me almost daily by phone or email and both visited the site regularly. We kept the dialogue going so we were all on the same page. The daily crews showed up on time, professional, and worked in un-Godly temperatures (Florida!) We've all heard horror stories from folks about construction or remodeling jobs. My experience was pleasant! Just be realistic in your expectations and plan accordingly. When remodeling, things WILL get messy and out of place. So, don't expect everything to be pristine for awhile. And things may happen to change the plan. These guys are great, but they cant see behind a wall until they tear into it! Keep the communication lines open. You'll be glad with the end result Keith's team will give you. I'm thrilled with the work they did and everyone who's seen it is very impressed! Thanks Team!

Description of Work
Remodeling

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

08/01/2014

Angela R.

We have used Remodeling Pros in the past and were very pleased with their work and professionalism. When we decided to have an addition built on our home for a master suite there was question about who we were going to call. Keith and his team were great with communication and what to expect. The planning process went smooth and we were able to get our wish list of wants included into our budget. The team of professionals that Remodeling Pros has on staff is remarkable. Everyone that was on our property was reliable and did great work. At the end of our project, our addition was everything that we wanted it to be and it looked like the house was built with the master suite. The materials used were matched to our existing home. That was a big concern for us. We did not want the addition to look like it did not belong. We already have our next project in mind and know when it's time to get it done that we will be calling Remodeling Pros again.

Description of Work
Remodeling Pros built an addition to add to make a master suite onto our home.

Work Completed On 07/21/2014

07/31/2014

Bonnie C.

All work was completed on a prompt basis. Return appointments were kept as promised. I am completely satisfied with all work performed and would contact this company again as well as recommend to my neighbors and friends.

Description of Work
Removed old insulation from fireplace wall and replaced with new. Patched exterior wall which had allowed rain to penetrate chimney cavity over time deteriorating the insulation, studs and drywall. Installed and fortified studs. Replaced drywall. Also built and installed replacement wooden steps exiting back porch while also installing a deep rock bed at foot of steps to stop further erosion in that area.

Category contractors,drywall,insulation,remodeling,deck cleaning,woodworking

Work Completed On 05/15/2014

06/17/2014

Pamela T.

Keith the proprietor was excellent. Several contractors assessed the deck and felt it only needed reinforcement. However, it was not at all structurally sound and had several code deficiencies as it had been built by a prior owner. When Keith's workers pulled up a few of the floor boards the entire deck collapsed, the boards were actually supporting the deck! The carpentry is essentially flawless and I have had several unrelated tradespeople comment on its high quality including the building inspector who signed off on the project. The indoor work is similarly well executed. In addition, I feel the price was very reasonable. Keith also did several small projects around my house for minimal or no charge. He was responsive by phone/text and email when I needed to reach him. When small issues developed, he fixed them without complaint. He also allowed me to change out a french door that had been custom ordered without charging me extra (it was my mistake). He is very protective of his reputation and works hard to preserve it. His workers are all professional and polite. They cleaned up after their work, came on time, etc. I recommend Keith without hesitation.

Description of Work
Built a deck around the back of my house with a drop-in hot tub. Tore out a closet, expanded an entrance-way, placed a sliding glass door to an outside garden.

Category closet systems,decks,remodeling,doors,outdoor kitchens