PuroClean Emergency Services - Jacksonville

Founded 2007 • With Angi since December 2012

PuroClean, a leader in property emergency services, helps families and businesses overcome the devastating setbacks caused by Water, Fire, Mold, Trauma Scene (Bio Hazard) Clean Up, Meth Lab Clean up, Hoarder clean up and other conditions resulting in property damage. Each of our independently owned

water damage restoration (27)mold removal (16)biohazard cleanup (5)dryer vent cleaning (2)

02/21/2020

Kimrell P.

After our mother passed away the damage we found in her home from mold and trash was extensive. We had no idea what to expect when we called asking for hep but after meeting the owner and staff a plan of action was discussed in detail with us so that we understood every step of the way what to expect. From beginning to end every detail of the job was handled with care and support from the staff and Management at PuroClean! Fast and friendly a whole crew of workers arrived the next morning and helped us clean out our mothers’ home and begin treating the mold damage. Some companies may just arrive at your home to do the job but PuroClean actually cared about us as people and not just another job!!

Description of Work
Bio-Hazard/Mold/Water Damage

Category mold removal, biohazard cleanup

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

09/03/2019

Shay J.

Ed came over to inspect our AC and vents and saw no mold. We were experiencing an odor and we were quite worried. He was able to sanitize our air handler and educate us able mold. He was very knowledgeable, honest, fast, very friendly and was super professional and I would recommend him and ProClean to anybody. He gave us a peace of mind and a lot of education. I would be comfortable to call him if we have any other future issues. Thanks guys!!!

Description of Work
AC Inspection

Category mold removal, biohazard cleanup

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

03/07/2018

Joyce G.

Today puroclean came to our home to address our mold and mildew problem. The team of Tim and Wayne were on time and went over the details of the work they would do for us. They were extremely kind, considerate and professional. They did their work unobtrusively and so neatly. Tim was careful to go over the remediation plan with me. I understood each step they would take. They along with their project manager, Jared, were outstanding. I would recommend them to anyone. Puroclean should be proud to have employees like them.

Description of Work
Mold and mildew remediation

Work Completed On 03/07/2018

Thank you so much for the nice review. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. Sincerely, Wayne Terry

02/14/2018

Wendy H.

We called very late on a weekend, and not only did they answer on the first ring, they were there within 30-45 minutes. The techs were amazing. They were polite, professional, courteous, respectful, and knew exactly what to say and do during our extremely emotional state of mind. No matter the situation, this is the company to call. Thanks, PuroClean, for taking care of us like we were your own family.

Description of Work
We had a family tragedy that required biohazard clean up.

Category biohazard cleanup

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

02/05/2018

Richard T.

They came out to look at work needed and give an estimate which was promised in 3 days. Never heard from them again. After a couple calls to the office and tech, NEVER heard back. No excuse !

Description of Work
Flood damage cleanup

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

We are the Jacksonville PuroClean off of I-10. Are you meaning the St.Augustine PuroClean? I do not show your name in any of our records. I will look further in our files however I believe this is the wrong Puro location..... I can be reached at 904-613-0883 if you have any questions. Sincerely, Wayne Terry

01/30/2018

shanna O.

The Puroclean team was absolutely amazing!!! They were fast, clean, informative and more! I recommend them to EVERYONE!

Description of Work
Water extraction and mold prevention

Work Completed On 01/30/2018

12/11/2017

shirley J.

Not good chairs were never cleaned, the walls where half done and they left the floors dirty from them doing the work. they also broke one of my coffee cups and broke off a piece of the window seal

Description of Work
clean walls from the fire, clean sofa, chairs

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

This is Wayne Terry, president of PuroClean. Please call me on my cell 904-613-0883. I am not familiar with the job however I would like to come by and I can bring a crew to correct any problems right away. looked at the notes in the file and talked to the lead technician in charge of the job. We cleaned the walls for "preparation to paint" meaning they may look dirty however if you wipe it with a white towel, no soot should come off and they would be ready for new paint to be applied. I would like to get this taken care of as soon as possible. Please give me a call.

09/01/2017

Jill M.

Dumbfounded. I called the company on Thurs and had an appointment for the next Monday morning at 930am. Eddie showed up on time and took a look at the 2 closets with the mold problem. He discussed the recommended management plan with my mother in person and with me over the phone. We had the impression that work could be completed later this week (wed/thurs/fri). Because the recommended management was more extensive than I was expecting, I told him I'd think about everything and get back with him. I called the office at 430pm to discuss with him and was told to just call his cell phone. I did - and left him a voice mail indicating my interest, requesting the recommended management plan and a cost for the service. I was also interested in the names for the companies that could replace the ceiling area that needed to be removed (I was told they either diagnose or remediate - but not both). Eddie did not return my call; I called his work cell phone again the next morning and left another message. It is now 5 days later and there has been no follow at all. In the mean time, I found another company, who did an evaluation, including air quality samples - and had results and recommended management within 24 hours. Their recommendations were much more along the plan I anticipated. Shame on me for believing this fella. But shame shame on Eddie for representing your company so poorly and not responding to a request for followup.

Description of Work
Evaluate mold and remediation.

Category mold removal

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

05/21/2017

Cynthia M.

Very well, everyone was very understanding. They explained the process of the clean up and told us what to expect. We were very impressed with their service. The crew came and packed up the belongings in our house and then cleaned up the damage and unpacked the items for us. It was such a relief that we didn't have to worry about anything. The results were wonderful. Our house has never been that clean. No signs of the fire now. Great Job Puroclean. We would recommend this company to everyone!

Description of Work
We had a house fire. Renee Balcom with Puroclean was the first person/company we thought to call. She was very understanding and she called someone to come out right away. Very professional and within an hour and a half of the fire starting they were at our house to help us deal with the clean up. They explained the process of having the AC vents cleaned first and the next day someone was here cleaning. This all happened 2 days before Christmas.

Work Completed On 03/15/2015

Thank you for the wonderful review. If we can ever be of further assistance, please let us know. Sincerely, Wayne Terry

03/04/2017

Kim J.

Worked good timely manner Steve Thomas Very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Dried up water.

Work Completed On 02/07/2017

02/03/2017

valerie R.

Amazing!! Great Company and Employees

Description of Work
Had an amazing experience with this company. Recommend them to anyone!! Affordable, Reliable, and their Representative Edward DeLeon was extremely compassionate and pleasant to work with. Great Job guys!!

Category water damage restoration, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 01/30/2017

Thank you very much for your great review on Ed and our company. If we can be of further assistance please let us know. Sincerely, Wayne Terry President

09/12/2016

Shannon W.

Dwayne and his teammate, Chaquita responded promptly, explained the process in a very detailed and clear manner, were courteous, knowledgeable and thorough. Dwayne went above and beyond with setting my mind at ease with this unfortunate situation. He is easy to communicate with, outgoing and calming.. Kevin returned to remove the machines and he was also a pleasure to work with and wanted to ensure that I was pleased with the work and if there were any further questions or concerns. I would without reservation recommend Dwayne Wright and his team.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation

Category mold removal

Work Completed On 08/29/2016

Thank you for the review. I appreciate you. If we can be of any further assistance please let us know. Sincerely, Wayne Terry Owner

07/05/2016

annette F.

it went great Edward Deleon from puro clean on 6001-21 Argyle forest Blvd jacksonville,fl 32244 don't know that address above 904573-3566

Description of Work
came in and cut the walls and dry the walls was awesome and came backs everydat to check to make sure the everything was good.

Work Completed On 07/03/2016

Thank you very much for your review. I appreciate that. Our mailing address is the one you mentioned above. Our Physical address (Our facility) is 4737 Dellwood Ave Jacksonville, FL 32205. Thank you again and please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Sincerely, Wayne Terry Owner

04/15/2016

Chris H.

Dwayne wright was here the first day quickly and handled everything that needed to be done. He was in contact with me constantly through the 5 day ordeal to help as much as he could. The second day that the fans were here they were blowing breakers so Dwayne came and switched all the fans out for lower amperage units which solved the problem. All the technicians that came to the house were very professional and helpful but Dwayne stood out and I couldn't be happier with the service because of him. Very happy with puroclean as a company and will definetly recommend to others and will use you again if the need arises which I hope it doesn't. I am a business owner and actually wish I could find employees like these to work for me. Great job guys!!

Description of Work
Came out within an hour of making the call that the downstairs of my town home was flooded from a broken ice maker and explained everything that was going to be done in detail and then got rid of the water and set up fans and dehumidifier.

Work Completed On 04/15/2016

Thank you for the great review. I am glad Dwayne was able to take care of your situation. He is a wonderful employee. He is a retired Senior Chief in the U.S. Navy and we are glad to have him as part of our team. Thanks again and please let me know if we can be of any further assistance. Sincerely, Wayne Terry President

11/13/2015

Elizabeth W.

Removed sheetrock from ceiling contaminated by mold, constructed heavy plastic "safe room" around affected area, vacuumed, scrubbed, and chemically treated affected area, installed air scrubber to decontaminate area, tightly sealed ceiling area to prevent contamination until sheetrock could be replaced. Supervisor Dwayne and new employee Cory are two of the most professional and responsible people who have worked on our home, (and there have been many). They were knowledgable, concerned for our safety, pleasant, and took obvious pride in their work. PuroClean does need to communicate better about scheduling and informing customers about delays. We were stuck in our home for several days, waiting when the workers did not come at the scheduled time. We later learned this was because they had been rescheduled because of an emergency. This should be the job of the office staff, not the men in the field, who quite literally have their hands full. However, we have nothing but high praise for Dwight and Cory.

Description of Work
Removed mold-contaminated sheetrock and made area safe.

Work Completed On 11/05/2015

10/21/2015

Elizabeth W.

The supervisor and crew arrived on time. They worked steadily. The team leader, Dwayne, provided excellent service and supervision. He has excellent communication skills, and is a superb ambassador for this company.

Description of Work
Removed water soaked hardwood floor and drywall from bedroom and closet. Removed water soaked drywall tile ceiling from bathroom. Enclosed bedroom closet, bath, and kitchen in protective plastic and sprayed fungacide. Installed air cleaning machines.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal, biohazard cleanup

Work Completed On 09/14/2015

Thank you for the kind words. We love taking care of our customers. If we can be of any further assistance please give us a call. Sincerely, Wayne Terry President

04/27/2015

Christian M.

They were very quick to respond, very professional, and ensured the job was completed.

Description of Work
We had a shower pan leak. They did the demolition of the shower, the tile in the bathroom, and the wood floor in the master bathroom. They ensured all areas were dry and free of mold. They also worked with our insurance company and remodeling contractor to ensure the project went smoothly.

Work Completed On 03/25/2015

Very glad we were able to help you. Thank you very much for this nice review. Sincerely, Wayne Terry President

11/25/2014

Teresa P.

Great. Owner extremely happy there was no further damage due overflowing toilets. Claim handled very professional and quickly. Would highly recommend them again.

Description of Work
Showed up within few hours of call. Soaked up all standing water, sprayed to prevent mold and hooked up machine to extract any water, moisture in rooms.

Work Completed On 08/18/2014

Thank you for the nice review (removed member name). We appreciate your business and I am glad we were able to bring the home back to normal. I noticed a "B" selected for the price. All pricing is determined by a system called Xactimate. It pulls prices by zip code and is a nationwide software program. Thanks again for taking the time to give us such a nice review.

11/04/2014

Neal G.

After a previous tenant moved out of my rental property I discovered they had been smoking heavily in it. The smell of cigarette smoke was overpowering. I decided to try and get rid of it myself by steam cleaning the carpets and washing down all the walls (three times), curtains, etc. It wasn't working. After all the labor and expense on chemicals and equipment, prospective tenants were turning away once they walked inside and smelled the smoke. After being unable to rent the place for two months, plus all that work and expense for nothing, I realized I needed professional help. And professional help I got! I was surprised at how little it cost me and the result I got from their great service. The smoke smell was gone in a little over 24 hours and I had tenants move In the next day! Can't say enough about the friendly, professional people at PuroClean. I didnt think it was possible to get that smell out of the walls, ceiling, carpet, curtains, etc. It is certainly IS possible. I felt stupid for the money and very valuable time I wasted trying to handle it myself with no result. I had spent about as much money, but had taken a couple of weeks of heavy labor to clean everything myself. I wish I had thought to contact them before all that. The owner's name is Wayne. He and his staff could not have been friendlier or more professional. They were there on time, done on time and the result was like no one had ever smoked in the house. Do yourself a favor, call Puroclean for the big jobs and the small ones. My highest recommendation!

Description of Work
Removed heavy odor of cigarette smoke from my rental property.

Work Completed On 10/28/2014

09/22/2014

Joseph M.

Went great! The house no longer has the musky mold smell, and all the mold is gone :)

Description of Work
Mold mitigation. Completely sanitized the house and eradicated the mold.

Work Completed On 09/17/2014

Thank you for the kind words [member name removed] and for taking the time to give a review. I am glad we were able to do a great job for you. If we can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to call. Sincerely, Wayne Terry, President PuroClean Emergency Services 904-573-3566

09/18/2014

Linda C.

They were quick to respond, professional, and considerate of family needs. Kris, Sr. lead tech, was very helpful.

Description of Work
Stoppage of drainline kitchen. Dishwasher overflowed. Hardwood floors, drywall and island cabinets damaged. Had to dehumidify, remove 1000-2000 sq. ft. flooring, drywall, and cabinets. Remove furniture to pod.

Work Completed On 08/27/2014

Thank you (member name removed) for taking the time to tell Angie's list about us. I glad we were able to help get your home back to normal. Sincerely, Wayne Terry President, PuroClean Emergency Services

08/22/2014

Faith A.

Chris and his wife were the primary service providers. They were fantastic, and helped us through a very difficult process. They were professional and efficient, and responded quickly to any concerns we had. Both were very knowledgeable and it was a pleasure to work with them.

Description of Work
Our townhouse had smoke and water damage due to a fire starting in the adjoining unit. All non-clothing contents had to be removed and cleaned, then stored until we are able to get back into the home.

Work Completed On 07/23/2014