Penn 2 Paint Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2011

Stanwood Ave

Jacksonville, FL 32207

Penn2Paint is a Jacksonville, Fl, based home improvement company with an extensive customer base in Duval and St. Johns counties. Our quality work is reflected in the recommendations we get from our gated community customers. From indoor and outdoor painting, faux finishes and pressure washing to

07/14/2022

Michael H.

JD and his crew exceeded my expectations and that says a lot for anyone that knows me. I'm very particular and demand quality work and Penn 2 Paint delivered. Quite frankly, it was a pleasant surprise in todays culture of working with contractors and you really never know what you are going to get! JD gave me a written itemized estimate. He and his crew were very professional, thorough, detailed, and tidy. We included painting the coquina on our house this year (it has never been painted before) and I was a little apprehensive. JD came highly recommended. I was very pleased with the entire outcome of everything and JD is very easy to work with. I was considering a faux wood finish on our garage door but again was a bit apprehensive but decided to go for it. This was a complex process and I must say that JD is like an artist; the finished garage door turned out awesome! Thanks for everything!

Description of Work
Home exterior painted, wood fence/post stained, faux wood garage door finish

Category house painters

05/03/2021

James D.

JD and his crew were very professional and are extremely talented painters. They arrived every day in a timely manner and always cleaned up before they left for the day. The quality of work they performed is superior and second to none. I wholly endorse Penn 2 Paint and will use them again when we decide to do some more projects.

Description of Work
Repairing dry wall and painting of home

Category drywall, interior painters

02/09/2021

Martha J.

They have been A plus. We trust them so much, we have given them a key to our other place and they have been very reliable there as well. We would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They painted our whole house inside and out.

11/03/2020

Adam W.

Excellent work and great attention to detail. He does exactly what he says he’ll do and shows up when he says they’ll show up. Highly recommend going with JD

Description of Work
Interior painting, exterior pressure wash and paint

Category pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

06/20/2019

Martha J.

They are very professional, attentive to detail and prompt.

Description of Work
Painted the interior and exterior of the house.

09/14/2018

Helen J.

They were neat, precise,creative and professional. Will always use them again!

Description of Work
Moved into a new home and needed the whole house painted inside.

02/22/2018

Kelly C.

Matt took care of all of this! He worked quickly, and the rooms look amazing! What an improvement! The doors work great too. Super easy to communicate with and great attention to detail. Thank you!

Description of Work
Painting and priming walls and ceilings of two rooms and repairing two doors that wouldn't close correctly.

Category woodworking, interior painters

07/06/2017

Martha J.

They are really great and professional, We have used them for multiple services including interior/exterior painting and power washing.

Description of Work
painting

05/26/2017

Megan M.

We could not be happier or more impressed with Penn 2 Paint's work! We loved their ability to transform entire rooms with damaged walls into pristine and fresh spaces. Their attention to detail and commitment to perfection were exactly what we were looking for when we decided to paint almost the entirety of our newly purchased home. After meeting with JD for our consultation, we were so confident in their work that we were out of town for the first 2 days of the project and did not have any concerns with the work being done. JD was very friendly, professional, and communicative before and during the process. His entire crew worked efficiently and were very careful with making sure no paint got on our new flooring, furniture, counters etc., which was so appreciated. We have more work to be done in the next 6 to 12 months and we will be using Penn 2 Paint again. A family member recommended them and we have already referred their services to friends and co-workers. There are a lot of options out there- but if you want supreme quality and professionalism- choose Penn 2 Paint!

Description of Work
We recently purchased a home that needed quite a bit of work with regards to new paint being applied. We needed roughly 2000 square ft of paint for numerous rooms/hallways/closets/stairs etc. So not only did we have large spaces that needed paint, but also smaller-more detailed work that needed to be done.

07/26/2015

Ann K.

It went very well - they did a great job - but I thought they'd be able to get more of the trim done so I was a little disappointed.. I'd hire them again as they showed a lot of attention to detail (which may be why they didn't have time to paint all the trim).

Description of Work
Painted living/dining room, kitchen, and family room with some of the trim.

05/12/2015

Robert S.

These guys are great as usual. First job was excellent at a fair price. Referred them to a neighbor. She used them once and liked them so well that she had them back to paint her cabinets. I saw them there and went over to book them again. It is great to have such a helpful person like JD. I am picky and frugal. These guys provide quality at a very fair price. They are always helpful and do their best to please.

Description of Work
More painting and repair

04/24/2015

Ben T.

Did a great job with the paint job, made sure I was happy with the final product, was pleasant during the entire job, did neat lines where the paint color met a different paint color on the wall.

Description of Work
Painted bathroom

03/18/2015

James W.

I am very pleased with the work & the owner, Jonathan. He was very polite & pleasant to deal with. He also took time to explain things & to make suggestions for other issues that I have needing attention. He also offered to take care of those items if I needed his service. What surprised me is that he went out of his way to make certain the paint color was correct, although he had already painted a fairly large area of my home & the color was much too light (what my wife & I picked). I did have to buy some additional paint, but that was not his fault. They did a good job cleaning up. I did not anticipate they would pressure wash my driveway (it is large) & my patio, but they did. My neighbor, who was watching them work on my home, was so impressed she got an estimate. Her comment to me was "I can tell he pays attention to detail". Jonathan kept in touch with me via phone before ever coming to my home. I would definitely hire Penn 2 Paint again.

Description of Work
Painted front of home (stucco) & garage door; painted remainder of home, which is siding; repaired all loose siding, caulked joints & windows; pressure washed home, driveway & patio before painting; also repaired covered patio ceiling & painted; painted master bedroom ceiling; did some other minor repairs in interior & on the exterior; painted front porch ceiling

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

02/09/2015

William C.

Painter arrived on time. Service was 8 hours for $250. Was not there, but via telephone asked the painter to do the doors first and lastly the bathroom (had 11 doors that needed to be painted). He chose to do otherwise and never got to the doors. He did a good job at what he did, but it seems to me that he "milked" the job and stretched it so that it would take longer.

Description of Work
Painted bathroom and doors.

11/26/2014

Eleanor M.

It went well, except that they discarded the paint on my driveway, so I still have some blue paint there. They did a really good job, but they did not clean up appropriately. They also charged me an extra $20 clear paint they used in my bathroom.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for painting.

Category interior painters

I do apologize, I was unaware of any blue paint left on your driveway. If you could please give me a call so I can set up a time to come out to take care of it. I apologize for any inconvenience. Jd Penn Penn 2 Paint

09/26/2014

Todd J.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It was fine and I had no complaints about it. There were no additional charges.

Description of Work
They did a bedroom, the master bathroom and a secondary bathroom.

09/09/2014

Shirley Leckie R.

It went well. Paint job was excellent and later he painted a new bedroom door.

Description of Work
He painted an entire wall which had been drywalled where french doors had been taken down.

07/24/2014

Vanessa D.

Very good guy to deal with. Easy to get in touch with, responsive and does what he says. Extremely hard worker who is meticulous. Very fair pricing. While the name references paint, they do excellent carpentry as well. Professional and clean up after themselves. They are coming back to overhaul my bathrooms in the next week or two.

Description of Work
Crown molding, new interior doors, new receptacles, new countertops including custom butcher block, hung lights and ceiling fans etc

06/27/2014

Layla C.

We purchased a Angie's list big deal for a painter for a day. JD was very professional. He showed up on time with one other person so we had two painters for 4 hours. They were efficient and courteous. The rooms look great and the lines are very straight (which is always my biggest challenge!)! The bathroom had been a very bright red with an odd texture so it took a bit of work to cover it nicely. I do think there could have been more prep work done in that room to make the finished product a little smoother, but overall it is a nice job.

Description of Work
painted a bathroom and bedroom

05/28/2014

Robert S.

I'll admit I am a pain to work for. I expect top quality and a fair price. These guys are exceptional. The work was EXCELLENT and the price was great! I never had a great painter experience until now. Very nice people, very, very fair priced. Jonathan's work, according to my very critical standard, was perfect. Part of this comes from the fact that he has been painting for 15 years and is used in high end homes. But his prices permit everyone to use him. The other part comes from the fact that he has a keen artist eye for detail.

Description of Work
Best experience!!! Painting, drywall repair, wall damage repair. Super quality and a very, very good price. Hard working, very nice, mild mannered people; always ready to go above and beyond to assure the best customer experience.

Category drywall, interior painters

05/25/2014

Michael R.

Provider arrived on time, removed all of the electrical plates and put on two coats of paint.

Description of Work
Provider was punctually and did a great job

05/24/2014

Kathryn H.

JD showed up on time for the initial meeting and didn't seem at all intimidated by the wood ceiling or the fact that there were multiple skylights, ceiling fans, recessed lighting, a large free standing range hood, and pendants to work around. We set a date to have the work done and, when that date arrived, he & 1 of his crew showed up on time & ready to work. They put fresh plastic drop clothes over all the furniture & fabric ones over the hardwood floors. They worked quickly, efficiently, and did a great job. With the "extra" time left over on my 8 hr purchase, JD volunteered to put a fresh coat of paint on the fireplace & mantle. It looks great! I was so impressed with all the work that I asked him to give me an estimate for another project. We are now in the process of scheduling that work as well. They also cleaned up after themselves & broom swept the hardwood floors. Nice touch. Before JD was even out the door I was calling a friend to give her his name & number as a referral for a whole-house repaint.

Description of Work
I purchased an Angie's List Deal for 8 hrs of painting from Penn 2 Paint, Inc. for $149. JD Penn contacted me right away & we scheduled a time to meet so he could look at the tongue & groove wood ceiling that I wanted him to paint (living room, dining room, kitchen & butler's pantry / laundry area).

05/23/2014

Tiffany D.

I purchased a deal from Angie's list that provided eight hours of painting for $149. I was expecting and wanted to have the guest room painted from a dark blue to yellow and gray nursery with a white chair rail, baseboards and trim. I called Penn to Paint three weeks before my due date and they responded immediately. They were sensitive to my time restraints. They came out a provided a quote that week and managed to fit me into their schedule the next week, even offering to come in over the weekend if needed. They completed the job in a day even touching up and repairing the door to the room. I am currently remodeling my bathroom and plan to call them once it's complete to do the painting. I couldn't be happier with their service and professionalism. I would and have highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Penn to Paint painted 12x15 nursery.

05/03/2014

Tierra T.

Penn 2 Paint Inc was very professional, prompt and fast. Penn 2 Paint Inc,(Mr. JP)came to the house to view my painting needs. He was able to schedule me within the week. Mr. JP and his brother arrived to my my home early and started working as soon as I let them in and did not stop until the work was done!! The finished product is EXCELLENT!! I am very appreciative of penn 2 Paint professionalism and courteousness.I will only use this company for all my future painting needs.

Description of Work
Painted an interior wall as well as an oversized room.

05/02/2014

Sidney R.

Excellent contractor. Very professional and helpful. Did a great job. Repaired a kitchen drawer that was not within the scope of the job, and did a great job. I would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Painted all base boards and repaired a kitchen drawer.