Mastercraft Shutters & Blinds

Founded 1981 • With Angi since February 2012

1700 East Church St

Jacksonville, FL 32202

We provide quality window treatments including wood & premium solid poly shutters manufactured at our plant in Jacksonville, including Hunter Douglas and Vista products. We pride ourselves on our innovative ways of adding beauty as well as efficiencies to every window we do. We provide the highest quality of craftsmanship, materials, and professional service from start to finish....

04/24/2020

Claudia A.

I was never contacted by this company.

Description of Work
Window Treatments

Category window treatments

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], You must be confusing us with a different company. We have no record of ever being in touch with you, because we simply don’t service your area Port Orange and Orlando. We are Mastercraft Shutters and Blinds located in Jacksonville, FL. We would kindly ask you to delete your post about our company because we never conducted any business with you. Thank you, Daniela

02/17/2020

William D.

Sam and his crew are simply outstanding. I normally would not go out of my way and take the time to compliment service but when it is over the top, it is hard not too. From beginning to end the transition was seamless. They are a locally owned company so when/if you call about an issue, you will not spend hours on the phone with National HQ. If you want quality results and craftsmen manufacture and installation, this is your crew.

Description of Work
Plantation Style Shutters for whole house including 2 sliding doors.

Category doors

12/04/2018

Pat J.

Just did a wonderful job. They measured and installed custom wood shutters in a 1800 sq. ft. house. They look absolutely beautiful.

Description of Work
Replaced blinds with wood shutters.

05/08/2018

Libia J J.

It was a great experience dealing with this company. We had seen his work at a neighbor’s house and were pleased with his work. Sam is very easy to work with and did an absolutely beautiful job on our shutters! We highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Plantation shutters in kitchen dining area and bedroom bay window.

04/13/2017

Christine S.

I compared them to other local companies and based on Angie's List recommendations and contacting other shutter companies they had the best reputation and price.

Description of Work
They did interior shutters.

08/15/2016

Randall R.

They did the job in a timely manner. Reasonable price, high quality and very professional No one expected additional cost.

Description of Work
Install plantation shutters

05/04/2016

Milijana V.

I have all of the windows in my house designed with Mastercraft Shutters. The material and quality is much better than other shutters I've seen. It holds better and looks great! I've already reffered numerous friends to them, and they have had them installed as well. They're beautiful.

Description of Work
We recently got our shutters installed by Mastercraft Shutters, and we are so happy we ordered with them.

04/25/2016

Susie C.

Without a hitch! All was as advertised!

Description of Work
The provider measured, made, and installed 4.5" wood shutters throughout our home.

02/19/2016

Angela A.

From the point of first contact to final installation, Mastercraft Shutters and Blinds provided excellent service. Ivan arrived at the scheduled time, took measurements, and made suggestions for the best style for my windows. The new shutters were delivered and installed ahead of schedule and look absolutely beautiful!

Description of Work
Installed plantation shutters.

01/25/2016

jerrine H.

They came to take measurements and give us an estimate. We were told it would take about four weeks for the work to be done but the assembled shutters were completed early in less then three weeks. They called to set up an appointment for installation and arrived promptly to install the shutters. They removed the old shutters and installed the new in a very short time. They were quick and professional and we are very pleased with the result. We have used Mastercraft Shutters previously to install Plantation shutters in our windows and because of that experience we contacted them for this project. We highly recommend Mastercraft Shutters and Blinds for the installation of Plantation shutters.

Description of Work
Installed sliding Plantation shutters on patio door and side windows inside front entrance door.

01/18/2016

Bob P.

The craftsmanship and quality of the shutters are excellent. Ivan pays attention to all details. He and his crew are polite, professional and punctual. This is the second job that Ivan has completed for our family. His prices are lower than his competitors. I would strongly recommend Mastercraft Shutters.

Description of Work
Ivan installed beautiful wood, framed, shutters for a large window, over twelve feet long and six feet high.

08/25/2015

sean M.

Ivan, the owner, is a true gentleman and professional. He promptly called and set up an appointment to come out to my house. His price was unbeatable and product is beautiful! He returned with his installation crew and had all the shutters up within 30 minutes. Ivan was involved every step of the way to ensure that we were happy. I wish there were more businesses like this. Additionally, the shutters are all made locally, a great American business!

Description of Work
Provided 6 handcrafted wood plantation shutters.

08/19/2015

Jill M.

They are absolutely beautiful and the service has been excellent. Prompt, personable and professional. Thank you to Ivan and his family!

Description of Work
Plantation shutters made for all windows in our Avondale home.

07/06/2015

Madison D.

Our experience with Master Craft Shutters was perfect! We called to get an estimate on plantation shutters for the house we had just purchased and Ivan was out within the week to measure and give us the quote. We were told it would take 4-5 weeks for them to be built, but he called just short of 3 weeks and said they were ready. The instillation process went smooth and they even included a small plantation shutter for the sidelight to our front door. I can't say enough positive things about the entire process! Great company, great service, and great quality on the shutters!! We would highly recommend this company and already have to our co-workers.

Description of Work
Installed plantation shutters throughout house

Category window treatments

We are so grateful to have returning clients such as yourself. Thank you so much for your review and your business. Mastercraft Shutters and Blinds

07/06/2015

willie W.

Good company to do business with... you leave a message and your call is returned quickly. I would have liked to feel more comfortable with the status updates vs. having to call them a couple times to get an ETA. But, everything went fine.

Description of Work
Installed shutters in bathroom.

Category window treatments

It is our goal to make every client happy and pleased with the services we offer. Your comment is greatly appreciated. I'm not sure why the quality and price only got a B we are usually told our prices are the best. Again thank you for taking the time to review our service. It is much appreciated! Mastercraft Shutters and Blinds

05/20/2015

David D.

My wife and I purchased a home with arch-top windows at several locations. We decided that plantation shutters would be a good option for appearance, light control and privacy. We invited Ivan to visit the house and give us a proposal for shutters. He arrived on time and quickly measured all of the windows in the house that might be near or long term candidates for shutters. He then showed us samples of available shutter styles and options, and provided pricing to shutter the windows we specified. The cost was reasonable considering that the shutters would have to be custom made to fit each window. The shutters were installed today and we are completely satisfied. They are solidly constructed, function well, fit perfectly and look great. We expect to add plantation shutters in a few additional locations in the future, and will not hesitate to use Mastercraft again.

Description of Work
Manufactured and installed custom-fit plantation shutters.

05/09/2015

Samir G.

This company is the BEST! It was again a great experience start to finish. This was my second time using them and if I had more windows, I would absolutely use them again. Needless to say, I am very happy and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who is looking for windows treatments for their home.

Description of Work
This is the second time I've used them to purchase/install shutters. I would highly recommend their services!

05/02/2015

Debbie B.

Ivan scheduled a date to measure my windows and was very agreeable to a date and time that met my schedule. He arrived promptly and was very courteous. He explained the different materials and sizes available and using his guidance I made my selection. I was told the shutters would be ready in 4 weeks (custom made at their plant in Jacksonville). Almost 4 weeks to the day I got a call from Ivan to set up a date for installation. He and his 2 employees were delayed at their previous appointment but Ivan gave me a call to let me know they would be arriving 30 minutes late. I appreciated the call. When they entered one area of installation, Ivan immediately noticed he had incorrectly measured that window. He immediately remeasured the window and called his business to let the employees know another shutter would be needed. And he guaranteed me the shutter would be ready for installation on the following day. Ivan and his 2 employees worked quickly and efficiently at removing my old blinds and installing my new plantation shutters. They spoke quietly to each other resulting in less intrusion in my home. When they left, the shutters looked perfect at my windows. Ivan and both employees returned the next day with the correctly sized last shutter and installed it within minutes. I would recommend Mastercraft Shutters and Blinds to others.

Description of Work
Installed custom plantation shutters on 8 of my windows.

04/17/2015

Surujnarine S.

Ivan is the consummate Profesional from the beginning of this process to the installation - very responsive and proactive. His shutters are a work of art and complemented by his professionalism makes for a magnificent makeover for any residence and business

Description of Work
Did shutters for my house

03/31/2015

timothy H.

In one word: Incredible! In more than one word: Mastercraft Shutters and Blinds were one of 6 companies I contacted for a quote to install plantation shutters on 19 windows and 2 doors within my home. Ivan and his daughter were so flexible in scheduling the initial in home consultation. When they arrived, they were respectful, courteous and professional to both me and in and around my home. They answered all of the questions I had, thoroughly. I am an engineer so I am extremely inquisitive of the manufacturing process and quality standards. After talking about it with me for a few minutes, Ivan, enthusiastically, said, "If you have some time, follow me to my manufacturing shop and I will show you!" I eagerly jumped in my truck and followed him. Upon arrival, he took me through each step, showed me how different options would effect the overall look in MY home, what his suggestions were, and then asked how I felt about it. That whole experience alone completely won me over... ...But wait, there's more! That evening, I received the quote from them. Of the 6 quotes I sought out from both local companies and the big guys, Mastercraft Shutters and Blinds was the 2nd least costly. The decision was simple. When factoring in that they were family owned, locally manufactured, professional, intelligent, thoughtful AND so price competitive, I went with Ivan and Mastercraft. Manufacturing was fast. Installation was done at my convenience and carefully as to not miss any detail. The end result was amazing and brought my home to the next tier. But wait, there's more! A few months after installation, one of my dogs found that a good use for custom plantation shutters was a ladder to be able to see out the window. After a few weeks of doing this, my dog got cocky and pounced on it breaking two of the louvers. I called Ivan to see if he could fix them for me and had explained what happen. Normally, in these scenarios, the lower priced option will rake you over the coals with charges. Ivan refused to charge me a single penny. He was so nice about it. Embarrassing as it may be, I had a foster dog about a two years after Ivan installed my shutters and this dog decided when the mailman comes, it is appropriate to bite down on the louvers. It only happened once, but once was enough. Head hung down, I called Ivan, again. I got the same exact result as last time. Ivan completely stood behind his product even when, clearly, it had nothing to do with him and repaired my shutter for free, with a smile on his face, and withing 24 hours. VERY, VERY rarely do you come across a business and business owner with the extreme level of professionalism, class, honesty, understanding, workmanship, and quality, all at the same time, as you do with Ivan from Mastercraft Shutters and Blinds. I would recommend them to anyone and everybody. You will not find a better product, price and organization anywhere.

Description of Work
Custom fabricated beautiful plantation shutters for 19 windows and 2 doors at their local shop located near downtown Jacksonville.

03/24/2015

Lisa B.

This was my third time ordering from Ivan. He is a wonderful caring man and so easy to work with. Love the shutters and the price is unbeatable. Will be calling again in the near future to finish off my home.

Description of Work
Measured, priced and installed plantation shutters.

03/23/2015

Colin M.

The provided exactly what were were looking for. The owner was very attentive. They were prompt and efficient on the day of installation. Very happy with their service.

Description of Work
Custom Wood Blinds

02/23/2015

Ralph L.

Our experience with Ivan was excellent! He was prompt and delivered a great product at a very reasonable cost. We were able to get plantation shutters for our whole house including our sliding glass doors and arches for less than competitors would have charged for a portion of the house. Ivan cares about his product and makes sure that you are completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Made and installed plantation shutters for the whole house.

12/03/2014

Christine A.

Ivan measured and installed our shutters before we moved into our new home. A very good experience! We really enjoyed meeting him. Ivan explained the difference between his shutters, which he manufactures in his own factory, and the imported type. Ivan also directed me toward the wider 4 inch design. I'm happy that I took his advice. I recently decided to have Mastercraft shutters installed in our Mater bedroom. I asked Ivan if he could have it done by December 5th. Well, Ivan is coming this morning ( Dec 3rd) to install the last of my shutters. I knew he could do it! We plan to have Ivan help us with our sliding glass doors.....we have not yet decided what we want. Overall, we could not be happier!

Description of Work
Ivan installed plantation shutters throughout our new home. The initial reason I chose Mastercraft Shutters was because it is stated on their website "custom colors were not a problem". I wanted the shutters in my home to match my wood trim which is a creamy off-white. When we met Ivan we could not have been more pleased.

12/01/2014

Samir G.

Couldn't ask for a better experience. The shutters have completely update our home, are both attractive and functional. Mastercraft Shutters is a local, family-owned business that upholds the old values of quality and service. I would, and do, recommend it to anyone and all.

Description of Work
Custom interior shutters installed throughout house, including triple sliding glass doors and two french doors.

HomeRite Windows and Doors

Specializing in middle to high-end homes, but can work with most budgets. Owners Gates Dearen and Richard Walden have been serving the building products industry, specifically in Florida for over 25 years. They know the products, the industry, the market and what adds great value to a home. “At HomeRite, our approach is a little different. We’re simply looking to match you with the right windows for your home and your budget. Home improvements are enough of a hassle – we’re here to make your life easier with first-rate, energy efficient products, affordable prices, installers that know best practices and respect of your home. — Gates Dearen and Richard Walden

Offers by HomeRite Windows and Doors on Angi
    Precision Door Service

We know your time is valuable so your call will be answered by a live operator 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we will schedule your appointment at a time that is convenient for you. We provide same day garage door repair service and are available when you need us. We don't charge extra for nights, weekends or holidays. Please give us a call and schedule your appointment today. Our technicians are extensively trained and highly experienced in their field. We NEVER use subcontractors. We are licensed by the State of Florida and insured. We use only Premium Precision Parts and our trucks are always fully stocked so the repairs can be done right then. Additional e-mail - service@garagedoorsjacksonville.com. Additional DBAs - Sheppard Ventures LLC, Precision Overhead Garage Door Service, Precision Door Service of North Florida. Additional phones - (904) 638-2220. Award wining.

RGMunguia Services

We specialize in all phases of remodeling for your home, business, bathrooms, kitchens, finishing basements, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

MasterCard, Visa, Check

We specialize in custom plantation shutters including wood & premium solid poly shutters, providing our high level of artistry and attention to detail to customers in Jacksonville and throughout Florida. We are the manufacturer and installer—not just the salesperson. Therefore, we can provide attention to craftsmanship and detail that our competitors simply do not.