Harry L Hayes Plumbing Inc

Florida: General
08/31/2022

130 Arlington Rd S

Jacksonville, FL 32216

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

At Harry L Hayes Plumbing, we like to say "The Drip Stops Here". Our customer's satisfaction is our number one priority. We won't give you excuses, just results. As a customer of Harry L Hayes Plumbing, you will be treated with respect and honesty. We give up front pricing so there are no surprises at the end of a job. We use only highly skilled and experienced plumbers, who are trained not only in superior plumbing but also in the art of superior customer service. As a result of our unique customer care in this great community of Northeast Florida, our community of customers have become a community of friends....

plumbers (67)drain cleaning (9)

11/24/2021

Ramin M.

Installation of heater and filtration system was done well and in one day. Price was competitive. We are happy with the work done. Great job by Jacob and Klay.

Description of Work
Change Water heater and filtration system

Work Completed On 11/23/2021

06/10/2021

jose C.

Outstanding. Took care of the clog quickly.

Description of Work
Cleared drain stoppage

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/10/2021

03/20/2021

Robert P.

Connor did an awesome job and went the extra mile on a 35 year old septic system. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Clogged septic line

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

03/05/2021

Luanne G.

Great! Tech was highly qualified, efficient and did a phenomenal job! He even swept up afterwards! I will definitly use this service again for all my plumbing needs. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Replace kitchen faucet and replum under the sink.

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

02/19/2021

Terrie M.

I would hire again. Prompt, professional, neat and courteous. Eric was able to explain what was wrong and fixed the issue. Great job.

Description of Work
Unclogged Toilet

Work Completed On 02/19/2021

12/07/2020

Sharon P.

Excellent. Both the plumber and sub-contractor who did work were very professional and knew exactly what had to be done.

Description of Work
The floor under the toilet had to be reconstructed, new linoleum was laid and a new toilet installed.

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

Thanks for leaving us a great review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

10/16/2020

Charlie M.

Excellent service, very determined to get the job done. I’m happy and very pleased with the job that was done. Josh is a amazing technician.

Description of Work
Main line drain was backed up

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

07/30/2020

Stephanie D.

the technicians were knowledgeable and punctual. The service was performed and completed with professionalism. The technicians took th time to thoughtfully answer my questions and verify I was satisfied with the effort. I would utilize their services again and have recommended the company to others.

Description of Work
Kitchen faucet replacement

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

07/28/2020

Dean L.

Went very well. The two gentlemen were efficient, courteous, thorough, and respectful. They did a great job!

Description of Work
Had various shut-off valves replaced under bathroom sinks and kitchen sink

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

05/08/2020

Bill E.

Took way too long....4 hours for two faucets and disposal and at $155 per hour for one guy. First they wanted me to pay $900, then finally $720. I could have done it myself in a couple hours and thought I would save time and not spend much to hire a professional....wrong.

Description of Work
New faucet, kitchen disposal

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

10/19/2019

Randall M.

Sent request for quote on October 9, 2019. Ten days later, no response. I will adjust the rating if they make contact and provide a quote. At present, they get a "don't waste your time" rating.

Description of Work
Utility sink installation

Work Completed On 10/19/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed] We wanted to reach out to you and respond to your review. After extensive research we reviewed the information that came through from Angies List for your request for a quote and the number that was given through your request was called and a message was left. We apologize that we were unable to contact you. If there is anything that you need please call us at our office at 904-723-5609. We would be happy to help. Thank you Harry L. Hayes Plumbing, Inc.

10/09/2019

Charles F.

I received a call from one of our employees yesterday stating that our company was responsible for a broken water line on a job site. I called Harry Hayes Plumbing ~ explained the situation ~ they had a technician out with a few hours and our customers were so happy we were able to take care of the issue so quickly! Thank you, Eric at Harry Hayes Plumbing for making US look good:-) You guys are AWESOME!!

Description of Work
Remove broken PVC MIPs from irrigation backflow and reinstall irrigation backflow with new fittings.

Work Completed On 10/08/2019

02/02/2019

Ray J.

Very pleased. Plumbers had to replace or repair a number of shoddy pipes and connections used by previous owner Did a Great job and installed new Fixture. VERY Happy with JOB done! Ray Jenkins

Description of Work
Remove old bathroom faucet and install new one.

Work Completed On 01/26/2019

02/02/2019

Ray J.

Description of Work
Remove old bathroom faucet and install new one.

Work Completed On 01/26/2019

01/05/2019

ken C.

Responsive. Polite. Effectient. Our ceiling was leaking from upstairs shower and tub drain. The plumbers only had us without water for a few hours. Worked 3 full days with multiple plumbers. They even contracted drywall guy too but separate fee. When we questioned, they came back to check on us too. They wanted to ensure customer satisfaction. They even worked with our insurance to get us a small amount on our emergency claim from sudden pipe burst.

Description of Work
Emergency repair and replumb

Work Completed On 10/19/2018

11/19/2018

Susanna D.

Removed old tank. Installed new tank-less hot water heater. Had gas man on hand to assess system and ensure safety. Explained basic operation, maintenance, and warranty. Provided necessary information for TECO rebate. Harry Hayes is a man of great integrity. He and his team are very professional, highly skilled and experienced plumbers. They respond quickly and communicate clearly what must be done to fix the problem. We have used this business for more than 10 years and have always been very pleased with the service provided.

Description of Work
Hot water tank malfunctioning intermittently. Assessed by Harry Hayes. Provided information and quotes on options available so that we would be informed consumers. No pressure to purchase or schedule installation.

Work Completed On 10/29/2018

09/21/2018

Marty J.

Eric came on time and quickly evaluated my Drain Fly problem. He immediately identified and corrected the problem. As requested he also repaired a leaky toilet. I was impressed by Eric's professionalism and will definitely call Harry Hayes Plumbing and ask for Eric to solve future plumbing issues.

Description of Work
Investigate Drain Flies and repair leak in toilet

Work Completed On 09/21/2018

06/09/2018

Ben H.

Super! Work completed quickly and no problem since

Description of Work
Replacing food disposal

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

08/09/2017

Bradley B.

I hired Hayes plumbing after reading good reviews even though they have a $125 hourly rate. I used them over Touchton plumbing who was recommended by a Plumbing supply store. Touchtons rate is only $95 per hour. However when talking with Harry Hayes I felt he knew what I wanted done and even offered me a military discount. I asked for an estimate based on call out fee of $65 plus expected labor. He initially told me $250-300. I told him to have a plumber come out asap. My tile guy coordinated an appt at 0830 the next day as I was out of town. Instead of the plumber showing up, instead it was Harry Hayes who was not going to do the work. Instead he called me and said he was revising his original estimate to $400 due to it being on a slab. I once again asked if that was the max amount it would be and he confirmed that. At no time did he offer me a written quote or even tell me it was a fixed price. I went ahead and since I had already canceled with Touchton who were scheduled for the same morning and would have saved me a lot of money. I was in a pinch due to his not sending a plumber that morning so I said to get the plumber out. Fortunately my tile guy stayed during the entire work. He barely spent an hour on the job and I was quite pleased until Hayes sent me a bill for $371, included in that invoice was a labor charge of $296! He did graciously give me a 10% discount for my military service, but only on the labor- not the service call fee or the inflated $39 charge for a bit of pvc. Very insulting! After getting quite upset with him I did suggest a payment that I felt was fair and he agreed. Call out fee of $65 plus 1 hr labor plus inflated parts. Funny thing is that he originally charged me for parts it was $38. When I wrote my email back suggesting price I was willing to pay I mistakenly put $39. In his revised invoice he went with the $39. I'm not making this up! No military discount which was a joke to begin with. He did offer to not charge me as he knew I was upset and would likely write a poor review. I was not interested in a freebie, just wanted fair treatment. Instead I found a plumber who was not content with doing good work for a fair price. There aren't many honest businesses out there these days who will not try to take advantage of a customer and Harry L. Hayes Plumbing falls in this category. I would try someone else (maybe Touchton) next time.

Description of Work
I needed a cast iron shower drain removed and replaced with pvc as I was remodeling an old shower.

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], We wanted to reach out to you and respond to your review. We are so very sorry that you have felt mistreated by our company with your recent job you asked us to perform for you. I can assure you, in no way would we ever try to mislead you or anyone or take advantage of anyone. We pride ourselves in being an honest and fair company that puts our customers first and foremost. With that said, we know that we are all human and prone to make mistakes. After taking the time to review the job notes and corresponding emails and phone calls, we have come to a conclusion that this was just a miscommunication or at the very least a misunderstanding. Based on your review you wrote, you mentioned that the price was originally quoted as you stated, at $250.00-$300.00. You are correct that the reason the price was adjusted up was because the house was on slab. According to all of our phone records, you originally explained to us over the phone that it was not on slab, only when Mr. Hayes went out to look at the job, just to make sure, did he discover it was, in fact, on slab. The original price was then adjusted because of this new discovery that would bring about more work into this job. We understand the disappointment for the new price you were given but you did agree to the job being done and even asked us to go forward with the job after you were given the new price. We are happy that you stated that you "were quite pleased with the work", but we wish we could have done better at communicating throughout this process. We will use this opportunity as a learning opportunity as we strive to continually be the best plumbing company in Town!!!

05/03/2017

JOHN M.

Excellent they knew exactly what the problem was and was fixed with no other problems

Description of Work
Shower valve replaced

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

04/11/2017

Robert A.

Work was performed as requested and service was very prompt and efficient.

Description of Work
Repaired leaking toilet at base of toilet.

Work Completed On 03/08/2017

03/29/2017

Beth S.

Harry is top notch and honest. Not only did he do a fantastic job, but he works with a dry wall and painter who follows with very nice repairs after completion of plumbing work.

Description of Work
Harry and his crew redid all of the old copper piping in our condo and he installed new faucets and a new toilet.

Work Completed On 12/18/2016

12/12/2016

Lois C.

It now looks great, the water drains out of both the sink and the tub.

Description of Work
The drain pipe coming out of the wall of the bathroom was cracked (or broken, I don't know which), but either way it leaked and water would not drain out of the bathroom sink. The plumbers had to break through a thick wall to get to the pipe, and then it had to be replaced all the way to the tub. Then the tub drain needed to be unclogged. Then tile on the wall had to be replaced.