DARLEYS PLUMBING INC

Founded 1993 • With Angi since July 2006

4472 Phillips Hwy

Jacksonville, FL 32207

Darley's Plumbing is a family-owned business that was started in 1993.

05/05/2022

Kathleen B.

I have used Darleys Plumbing for over seven years for annual tankless hot water heater maintenance and this year for toilet plumbing for two eight-year-old toilet systems. They have always provided timely, superb, effective, efficient, courteous, and highly professional service. I would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Annual tankless hot water heater maintenance, recent toilet plumbing

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for your review and kind words. We appreciate your business and have shared your thoughts with the Darley's team.

12/17/2018

Terry T.

Great. Very prompt and were very helpful.

Description of Work
Plumbing repair.

12/11/2017

Maritza C.

Very well. Technician came and he knew what to do. Explained he was going to do a small diagnostic and then would go up on the roof to unclog via the vent if unable to unclog below. Did his repairs as explained. Was very professional and I felt he was very thorough. Only thing I would have to comment on was I did have difficulty trying to get a hold of the office in the morning. Called at 8:23 am and had to call the emergency number which sent me to the answering service. I was told I would get a call back but didn't. I tried calling again at 9:30 and did get an answer. I was a little nervous thinking I may not get my service but the technician did show up and I felt he did a very good job.

Description of Work
2 bathrooms which are on the same line not flushing and backed up into shower. Line needed to be unclogged.

Category plumbing

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad we were able to take care of your plumbing need, but apologize for our slow response. I am forwarding this message on to the technician that helped you to let him know his efforts were appreciated. I am also forwarding this to the dispatch team to discuss how we might be able to ensure future calls are answered in-house and in a timely manner. Please contact us at 904.727.1484 with any additional comments you have that may help us perform our jobs even better. Thanks again, Dale Darley

12/20/2016

Rick C.

Very professional, all work went as well as expected ina timely manner. Would hire again

Description of Work
Waer pipe repair.

11/07/2016

Mark C.

I don’t have a problem with them. It has always been quality work and that is the reason I use them.

Description of Work
They have done several things for me. I have 6 houses so they’ve worked on every one of them. They have done a lot of different things. The last time I used them they replaced the flow switch on the aerator.

11/07/2016

Mark C.

I use them because they do good work at a fair price and they always do what I ask them to do.

03/31/2016

George D.

In short: It went GREAT! Here's the background. Had a toilet stopped up. Tried plunging it, and as I was, it was backing up into my shower, thru the drain. I tried two plungers--one over the shower drain and one for the toilet. Didn't work...just more "crap" coming up in my shower. Trip to Home Depot. I had no idea what I was doing, but talked to the guys there and walked out with a 15' snake and a 50' snake. Snaked the commode...nothing. I had no idea what was wrong. This is Easter Sunday morning. I thought, Holy Crap( yes CRAP) I'm in trouble. I needed a plumber, on Sunday, on Easter Sunday no less. By this time, a second toilet wasn't flushing, but at least it wasn't coming up in the tub. So I turned on Angie's List, of which I've been a member for years, and it has never failed me. I contacted two plumbers with good ratings and not too far away from me. They both contacted me within minutes of my call, and their prices were almost the same. I committed to the first guy (DARLEY"S PLUMBING) who called me and said he could be at my house within 30 minutes, and, barring anything unusual, the charge would be $180.00 (1 hour). For Easter Sunday morning, and for the quick response, I thought that was acceptable. I think the name of the plumber who arrived was Mark. I hope that is right, as he did a great job. First off, he arrived within the 30 minutes as stated. I explained the situation, and he proceeded to mentally figure out how the pipes were "layed out" under my slab. He asked if I had noticed (we moved here 18 months ago) an access pipe in my front yard, and I hadn't. He started poking in my plant bedding with a metal rod, in an area of about 50 or 60 square feet to try to find THE pipe, and I'll be darned if in about 10 minutes of poking, he found it. The rest of the story is just academic. He took his magical plumbing tools, and did his magic. He had to run the entire length of the house, as the pipe was in the front yard and the bathroom was the last room at the other end of the house. SUCCESS. He cleaned up, re-distributed the mulch, gave me some instructions on proper toilet operations considering the amount of water these new tanks hold, and left me as one VERY happy DARLEY"S customer. I would definitely use them again. Thanks Mark.

Description of Work
cleared sewage blockage

Category plumbing, water softeners, drain cleaning

12/08/2015

Cyndi B.

Found our new plumbing company! Have several rentals and we are very happy!

Description of Work
Drain pan replacement and faucet leak

03/02/2015

Kathy Z.

I called the company the next day to get a breakdown of the work as to parts and labor. I talked to the owner and he spent time with me on the phone describing the details of the proposed repair so I could make an informed decision on hiring them. I had to pay a non-refundable fee for time and travel to come out and provide the estimate, which would be subtracted from the total should I hire them. The written estimate was very detailed but needed clarification. I decided to go with Darley and the plumber and assistant showed up late, but had called to say they had been delayed on a previous job. When they arrived they went right to work and didn't waste any time. Since I had not completely understood my options, it turned out I had a less expensive option that I could take but it required the plumber to drive to a store and secure different parts. I chose that option and he drove off to get the parts which were on the west side of town. He had called the distributor first and texted a picture of my plumbing to make sure the parts were correct. Once he returned, he quickly did the repair tested it and then made a neat access cut in the closet behind the bathroom so future access could be available. The small door frame was fitted with a complimentary door so no drywall repair and painting was required. They were neat and clean and left all in good order.

Description of Work
The plumber determined the cause of a leak in the bathroom which had gone under the wall and into the bedroom and making a small flood. He gave me an estimate total for parts and labor combined.

Category plumbing

Thank you for the positive response. We will evaluate your comments to see how we can provide even better service in the future.

12/02/2014

Edith H.

Plumber agreed to come for plumbing service between the hours of 8 AM and 12 PM. I had told them I needed to leave the property no later than 12 PM. I was told at that time they would be there. As 12 o'clock approached I called and was told that they were delayed and had a man out sick. The receptionist also stated that she was "filling" in. I have had another poor experience with this plumber on new construction. They failed to provide me with essential details in order to place a warranty in effect on a very expensive whirlpool bathtub. In addition, part of the bathtub maintenance and warranty guide was missing. The general contractor and Darley should have worked together to provide me with better service.

Description of Work
Provider did not show at the agreed time and I had to call for updates on time. I finally cancelled service prior to their delayed arrival.

Category plumbing

Darley's Plumbing would like to apologize for your disappointment with us. At Darley's, we strive to meet all of our customers' plumbing needs and to do so in such a way that all of our customers become return customers. We realize that no matter how hard we attempt to maintain 100% customer satisfaction, there will be rare instances where a customer is not happy with our service and obviously you were not. We have looked into the issues you outlined and determined the following: 1) There is no record of a service call being placed with your name or address in 2014. On the day that you have listed as the job date, all of our service and office personnel were at work. We acknowledge that the job you describe could have been our responsibility, but wonder if possibly the job involved another contractor or vendor. We do have jobs listed for your name and address in 2013 and those appear to have been performed satisfactorily. 2) The warranty has been set up for the whirlpool bathtub. 3) The missing maintenance and warranty guide has been placed in your possession. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced and would appreciate the opportunity to prove that we are a quality and trustworthy organization. Please contact me, Dale Darley, at 904.727.1484 if you would like to discuss this further.

10/20/2014

RM D.

I was pleased with the service. They determined what the problem was and I have not had any other problems.

Description of Work
The provider showed up on time and did a thorough assessment of the shower, including using a camera to see behind the wall.

08/25/2014

Bing E.

We contacted Darley's Plumbing to get an estimate on replacing our original water heater which was beginning to leak. They sent out a representative the very next day to take a look and gather information. They contacted us the following day with 2 estimates, one to replace with a tank water heater, and another with a tankless water heater. Their prices were better than the other ones I received. Based upon past experiences of friends and family who have used Darley's Plumbing, and also the competitive estimate, we decided to use them to install a tankless water heater. The service technicians came out 2 days later and did a great job. They were fast and efficient. They cleaned up all of the debris. We have not had any issues with our water heater. And they provided tips for maintaining and cleaning the water heater, which has been working perfectly ever since. We would definitely call them again for our plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Replaced original tank water heater with tankless water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

06/03/2014

Jerald R.

Smoothly... All work completed on time.

Description of Work
Repaired whirlpool tub. Part needed to be special ordered.

06/01/2014

Jessica Y.

No service was ever provided as no one ever called me back to schedule an appointment. I went with another plumbing company who called me back quickly.

Description of Work
I called to schedule an appointment for a re-plumb quote and the receptionist answered and took my name and number. She said a gentlemen would contact me shortly to schedule an appointment but I never received a call back.

Category plumbing

Thank you for letting us know about this problem. We are so sorry to find out that we completely failed to follow up on your call. We understand that your time is valuable and apologize for causing you to wait on a return call that never happened. I am not sure if it is even possible to have you reconsider using our services for your future plumbing needs, but we would appreciate the opportunity to try. Please contact our office at 904.727.1484 and ask for me, Dale Darley, so that we can discuss how we might be able to appease you and also how we might avoid this problem with any future callers.

03/26/2014

Roman C.

Mark and Rob did an outstanding job. I will hire them in the future whenever I need plumbing service. No need to try anyone else.

Description of Work
Complete Re-pipe of a large house, installation of water heater, water softener, toilettes etc.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

02/11/2014

karen W.

Excellent experience. Originally scheduled to repair bath tub faucet drip. While the technicians were here, I requested a quote to replace 2 sink pvc drain assemblies. They provided a reasonable quote and returned the following day to complete the work. They were kind enough to charge both visits as one.

Description of Work
repaired bath tub faucet drip & replaced 2 sink pvc drain assemblies

02/02/2014

Alyce P.

On each occasion, they were prompt, tidy both personally and in clean up following their work, and arrived on time. We received a bid for the water filtration system which was installed at the cost estimated. They are quite expensive, but the work is good quality.

Description of Work
On separate occasions they put in a water filtration system, replaced an outside faucet and put in an inside valve to aid in whole house water turn off.

Category plumbing, water softeners

Thank you for the positive remarks. We strive to make all of our customers happy with the work we do and try to do it at competitive pricing.

12/10/2013

Frank L.

great job done by Robbie and Charles they took their time and made sure everything was done right the area was kept clean, thet wore booties the whole job they read the instructions, leveled the unit and made sure the fit was proper. I arranged the job with Johnny the business manager and the price came in under the quote, the installation was done the day after the unit was delivred. thanks guys your tops on my list.

Description of Work
installed new dishwasher

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

06/28/2013

Doris D.

Always on time, very professional, courteous, efficient, knowledgeable. Great work.

Description of Work
Unclogged toilet and checked for leaks. On previous visit, installed plumbing for new sink provided by countertop installers.

05/31/2013

Barry C.

They have been really good. Everything is going well. The shower is not completed yet; I am getting the fiber glass put in by another company. I think it will end up good; they are good. They are all in time, they are efficient, and they do not mess around. They get here, do their job, and they are gone.

Description of Work
I used Darleys Plumbing Inc. I have been using them for about three years now for a spot here and there. They are building my new shower for me.

Category plumbing

Thank you for the great response! Our plumbers pride themselves in doing the best job possible and appreciate being recognized like this. Thanks again!

02/13/2013

WILSON T.

I am very pleased with them. They came right away and they got the job done in less than an hour. The cost was reasonable. They do quality affordable work.

Description of Work
Darley's Plumbing installed garbage disposal for me.

Category plumbing

Customer learned of us through Angie's List and made the initial contact using Angie's List. After a few communications, the job was arranged and carried out. Thank you Angie's List and thank you Customer for believing in us and supporting us.

12/28/2012

robert L.

Tried DIY repair and botched it. I had to fly at 2 pm. I saw a service truck with name on side and called # explaining. Dispr said 10:30 for arrival and met it. 2 man crew worked 2+ hours and all is well.

Description of Work
rebuilt code manifold copper pipe problem.

Category plumbing

We know your time is valuable and really appreciate you taking the time to post a response. We hope we can be of help again someday.

09/19/2012

Michelle W.

I got new hardwood floors. The installers informed me that I had a leak in my fridge. Darley's came out, checked out the fridge and fixed the leak. They did a GREAT job. quick, efficient, professional!

Description of Work
Refrigerator leak.

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Darley's Plumbing really appreciates you using us and we are proud that you posted such nice comments.

06/02/2012

kathy W.

Darleys was recommended to me by the person that was installing my new countertop. I called Darleys and was impressed, so when I was ready for the work to be done, I called back to schedule. They were very accommendating to my schedule. They showed up on time. And they did an OUTSTANDING job. The tech was very nice, professional, he answered all my questions, paid attention to details and he thoroughly cleaned up. I would highly recommend Darleys Plumbing and will call them next time I need a plumber.

Description of Work
Installed new sink, faucet and garbage disposal

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for using us and for the positive feedback.

07/21/2006

Darley's Plumbing is a great company. I hired them after my old plumbers prices were much to high. I called them and they were out the next morning. I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Darley's Plumbing unclogged my kitchen sink.

Category drain cleaning

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMPLIMENTARY STATEMENTS AND SCORES.