CREATIVE CABINET REFACING

Founded 1992 • With Angi since August 2006

Locally owned and operated, the Weathington family has been in the business of cabinet refacing since 1992. The refacing process radically changes a kitchen’s appearance by replacing door and drawer fronts and covering the exterior of existing cabinets to match. The refacing process is complete with new moldings, concealed hinges and decorative hardware. Homeowners also find it convenient that we offer counter top replacement. People choose to reface because it makes sense. If cabinets are structurally solid, then why rip out and waste the whole cabinet. Choosing from a large variety of styles and colors, a homeowner can achieve their dream kitchen with less time, less mess, and less money than having to gut the whole kitchen. People choose our business as a combination of liking us, loving our product, and appreciating a good deal to meet their need. It all starts with a free estimate with no obligation, and when we say,"no high pressure sales", we really mean it.

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Karen M.
06/19/2020
I discovered Creative Cabinet Refacing by conducting Google searches across several days. I spoke to several of their competitors by phone, but I was most impressed by John and Shane's professionalism and eagerness to provide me the rooms that I wanted. The actual installation of the cabinets took one day! Before that, I received the time and attention that it took so that I would be totally satisfied with the results. Thank you, CCR!
Description of Work
In my new home, which is 22 years old, the cabinets in the kitchen, utility room, and master bathroom looked quite worn. They were dull looking and some had noticeable chips on their edges. I wanted everything to look like it was new again -- and also with jazzy hardware.
Olga K.
01/22/2020
Fabulous, feels like a brand new kitchen and they certainly outpriced the others. Initially I was going to have them painted, Pricey. I am so happy I went this way. Cost effective and Gorgeous.
Description of Work
refaced and replaced cabinet doors,
Jo Ann R.
10/19/2019
Marvelous! My kitchen looks amazing!!!! Shane and John were so wonderful to work with.
Description of Work
Cabinet refacing
Renae and Tim F.
02/03/2019
Excellent experience working with John (sales), Shane (owner) and Ben who did and fantastic job installing. Project was on budget, detailed and no surprises. The communication was perfect, calls/texts always returned in timely manner and Ben was on time every day, cleaned up each day and what was promised was delivered on schedule! Don't hesitate hiring CCR for you refacing project. Best option for us and we'd do it again - and hire the same company. HIGHLY recommend!
Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet refacing
Amber E.
12/31/2018
Shane, John, Ron, and Greg were very courteous, professional, and walked us through the whole process from beginning to end. We had some concerns about the quality of cabinet refacing vs replacing the entire cabinets and cabinet structure, and Shane invited us to the office, so we could see some of the work completed and know what to expect. After our meeting with Shane (where he was very patient answering all of our questions thoroughly), we decided to move forward with the process of refacing with CCR. Throughout the process, Shane et al communicated with us regularly. These days, the communication is important and a difficult quality to find with anyone but especially someone in home contractor-like services. He called to let us know when he expected the materials, to schedule the install when the materials arrived, and then to confirm the install the day before, AND the team arrived on time and as expected every time. Again, it is unusual to find people anywhere these days who communicate what they are going to do and actually follow through with doing it without any further prodding. Also, after our initial install (where the team underpromised and overdelivered), there were a couple of fairly minor items with which we were weren't completely satisfied. Shane immediately worked up a solution that was reasonable and satisfactory for us and sent someone from his team back out a few weeks later to complete. We had an extremely disappointing experience with a separate contractor of another trade prior to the last visit from Creative Cabinet Refacing where the painter had impacted our brand new cabinet refacing job in a couple of spots, and Shane was extremely helpful in resolving those issues for us, which we really appreciated, even tho those items weren't his responsibility to resolve. Lastly, I would like to point out that Shane (the owner of the company) came the last day at the end of the job to check on the install, ensure that the job was completed up to company standards and to our satisfaction, and to review everything with us. I would recommend Creative Cabinet refacing to anyone.
Description of Work
Cabinet refacing
Joseph T.
06/14/2018
An excellent job. Everyone connected with Creative Cabinet Refacing was a consummate professional who never failed to deliver prompt, outstanding service. They always went the extra mile to get us the right look with quality products and insured the success of the project by their attention to detail, willingness to listen to our needs and ideas and make them happen.
Description of Work
kitchen and butler's pantry remodeling
Susan S.
07/10/2017
I am 100% satisfied with my experience with Creative Cabinet refacing! I was nervous about this project, as it was my first experience with remodeling a room. But from start to finish with this company, everyone that I came in contact with was professional, informative, timely, and skilled. The whole process could not have been any smoother. Every time I walk in my kitchen now, I smile! I would recommend this company without hesitation to anyone who needs this kind of work done.
Description of Work
I needed to have my cabinets refaced, and new granite countertops put in.
Alicia C.
05/01/2017
We love how our "new" kitchen looks. John was our salesman. There wasn't anything structurally/functionally wrong with our existing kitchen, but was in serious need of updating. We originally were thinking of going with a darker color but after input from John regarding our lighting we chose to go with white cabinets and gray on existing island. It couldn't have turned out to be a better decision. Ben was our installer, would highly recommend requesting him if you decide to hire this company. This young man took great pride in his work(craft). You won't be disappointed ! Tom and Francis did our backsplash work, they too were very good at their craft. Love how it turned out. The one minor issue with the entire project was the countertop company. This part of the project is contracted out. There were a few glitches with this process, however Shane and John with creative cabinet were quick to get things resolved. I had read previous reviews so maybe I was extra aware there might be issues. if you think something isn't right speak up, it will be addressed and in the end we love our new countertop. I would highly recommend this company. We are thrilled with the new look of our kitchen and very happy with the quality of products installed and workmanship.
Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet refacing, along with replacement of countertop and backsplash .
Diane K.
03/18/2017
They came immediately for an estimate and John gave us wonderful suggestions on how to improve certain cabinet areas. We decided to put off the work until after the holidays. This is the most professional company we have had business with since we moved here 20 years ago. Aaron was here each day and did an outstanding job on the installation. The quality of the cabinet doors is wonderful. Any and all issues we had were promptly addressed by Shane. We cannot recommend them highly enough.
Description of Work
We needed our kitchen cabinets redone due to a grease fire.
George R.
10/04/2016
Awesome!! Cabinets, counter tops, backsplash all are beautiful and work was very neat and professional! John was great with presentation and proposal. Aaron was excellent in refacing installation. The guys installing the quartz counter tops were awesome. And, Shane followed up by phone to give updates and check our approval. It's been about five months since installation, and I'm still in awe and love our beautiful kitchen!!
Description of Work
Cabinet refacing and counter tops replaced.
countertops
Suzanne G.
04/17/2015
I had beautiful Silestone countertops on aging builder grade cabinets. The doors were peeling white foil. The boxes were sound, though one was starting to pull apart from the wall. I decided to reface so I wouldn't lose the countertops. Shane gave the estimate. As I think another reviewer said, he was low key and not pushy but very confident in the quality of his product. I paid half up front. As expected, it took several weeks for the new doors, etc, to come in. When the time came, Aaron came to the house and did the work by himself. He did a beautiful job, and the new drawers, etc, appear to be high quality. Everyone was prompt and professional, and I feel I got a good value for the quality of the work. Definitely recommend.
Description of Work
Refaced cabinets. New doors and panels, veneer on boxes. Added pullout trash can, several pullout shelves, converted some cabinets to drawers
Gloria O.
02/19/2015
Excellent work! I still can't believe that my kitchen and bathroom have been completely transformed at a fraction of the cost of replacing the cabinets and vanity. Aaron was my installer and he was very pleasant, friendly and did an outstanding job! Shane is also a great salesman - not too pushy, has a calm, friendly demeanor and worked with me and my husband to schedule the visits to meet our schedule. I plan to hire Creative Cabinets again to come back to do the master bathroom. I have a bit of travel upcoming and I'd prefer to wait until my travel activities have slowed down but I will definitely be coming back! Thanks to the Angie's List family! it is because of the reviews that I read here that I tried this -- I was not sure of what to expect with Refacing but after seeing the reviews here AND speaking to Shane and seeing before/after pictures of what they had done, I knew I had the right solution & team! This group is busy so be aware -- I booked in Nov and the work began in Feb! Very happy customer! I highly recommend!
Description of Work
I hired Creative Cabinet Refacing to redo my kitchen cabinets, as well as the vanity in the guest bathroom. For the kitchen, this including the 'standard' kitchen cabinets, plus an island. For the bathroom, the project consisted of refacing the vanity, adding a new granite countertop and a new medicine cabinet door.
June F.
11/10/2014
I was very pleased with the overall finished product. There were some misunderstandings in the beginning regarding the wood finish and color however this supplier was excellent about returning with samples to choose from. The labor was done as quickly and as efficiently as possible and with as little household disturbance as possible. Very nice installer and the owners came by daily to check on the work progress. I would highly recommend this cabinet refacing company.
Description of Work
refaced existing cabinets and installed or heightened some cabinets
Judy M.
07/16/2014
They're excellent and I would highly recommend them that wants to have their cabinets refaced. The work they did was very good and I would rather have them over than have my cabinets replaced. When I called the first time, they came out when they said they were going to come out. He was extremely courteous and professional. He did everything he said he was going to do. One of the best things I liked about them was they were on time. We negotiated on the price.
Description of Work
They refaced my cabinets for my bathrooms.
Janice B.
04/28/2014
If there were a score better than A, I would give that one! Shane was wonderful to work with, everything went exactly as promised. The installer, Rich, was a pleasure to have in the house. His work is exemplary. We are so pleased with the work and the kitchen looks wonderful. We will call them to redo the cabinets in the bathroooms.
Description of Work
Refaced all kitchen cabinet boxes with maple laminate, new doors, new drawers and drawer fronts. soft close hinges, soft close drawers, trim work, and shoe moulding.
Barbara T.
01/28/2014
Excellent pricing - AND outstanding service! I plan to use them to re-face my entire kitchen next year!
Description of Work
they found the profile for my current kitchen doors so we were able to replaced four of them with glass.
Steven B.
10/10/2013
After obtaining several quotes from other refacing sources, we were impressed with the price of the job and the cabinet options that Shane gave us. The work was done by Rich and it turned out fantastic. He showed up on time everyday, worked through lunch without ever taking any breaks and just did an overall great job. Highly recommended!
Description of Work
Refaced kitchen and bathroom cabinets
Dean A.
08/30/2013
I highly recommend Creative Cabinets for any cabinet refinishing. Price was competitive, installer is a craftsman. The product (wood for cabinets) is first rate. I can?t say enough positive things about Creative Cabinets. I?m very happy with the results.
Description of Work
Cabinet refacing in kitchen
Mary V.
07/12/2013
Great! The bid was almost half of a competitor. Shane was great to work with. He was upfront about cost and timing. He showed us lots of samples. We chose a beaded board and love the look. He took measurements. Order took promised time. Install took one week as promised. Wonderful experience.
Description of Work
Refaced all cabinets in kitchen, placed faux doors on sides and island, replaced hinges on all doors and drawer rollers on trash cabinet, raised cabinet look over microwave, installed our choice of cabinet handles/pulls.
Judith B.
05/28/2013
The counter top was done first. Once the cabinets we finished it didn't take long at all, and they put in an over the over mircowave. All the workers were pleasant and well mannered. I would use this company again and have already referred them to people I know.
Description of Work
The kitchen counter top was replaced and the kitchen cabinets were refaced.
countertops, cabinet refacing
Tamara S.
05/10/2013
I thought it was really good price and I also like their product. I like the presentation. We just decided not to get their work done. They did work for us in our house years ago so it was just nice to see that their product line has expanded. They offer more things and more countertops choices and pretty much everything that we wanted to do it looks like they were be able to accommodate us because we were looking to expand our cabinets as well so I feel like they’re really responsive to the things that we wanted to get done.
Description of Work
Creative Cabinet Refacing came out and gave us an estimate for cabinet refacing/restoration service.
Crystal C.
05/09/2013
I refaced these cabinets so that I didn't have to pull out the boxes (which were in good shape) and destroy the wall. The glass is attractive and everyone was very friendly. It went well. I will say it took a little time to get the doors (maybe 3 weeks?) but it didn't hold up my project. I figure it's because they had to be custom made. They are perfect though. I am very happy and would definitely use them again!
Description of Work
Refacing 6 doors of 3 upper cabinets (built-ins in a historic home) to match new lower cabinets). 4 of them were glass and 2 were solid.
Leona S.
04/24/2013
Creative Cabinet Refacing have been very pleasant to work with. They answer my questions. They came out to do measurements and brought me samples.
Description of Work
They are currently putting in new bathroom cabinets and doing cabinet refacing.
David H.
01/24/2013
This is a really good company. We met one of the owners, Shane, at the Jacksonville Home and Patio show. He was very low key, low pressure, just seemed competent and confidence of what he does. We had him come to our house to give an estimate, Again very professional, low key, low pressure, but he inspired confidence. We picked out the new cabinet doors, etc. and set up an install date. His installer, Rick, was amazing. He did an incredibly good job..the edgings and cuttings were perfect. I was amazed at how professional and perfect it looked when he was finished. Everything was finished on time, done in an excellent way, very professional, no additional charges. I highly recommend this company.
Description of Work
New cabinet doors and refacing for entire kitchen.
Michael K.
04/19/2012
I am surprised that there are not more reviews for these guys. Before I gave them the job I looked at three of their other customers in the area and the work was very well done and the customers were very happy. Overall the experience was probably the best service experience we have had since we moved to Jacksonville. Over the period of seven months from quote to finish we dealt with three of their guys and all had excellent experience and product knowledge. Also, our job may have been among the more demanding that they have had to deal with. Not only do we have what I think is a more complex kitchen compared to their other customers (lots of moulding and 45 degree angles) but we included cabinets in the Family room area, the bar area and the living room. Also, Shane was every patient with our color requirements. There was also cabinetry for the TV that they were asked to surface for the first time. This involved coordination with a carpenter and a cabinet maker to be sure that each was doing work that the other could continue with. Shane agreed to a timetable and the slack time built into the project (four days before Thanksgiving was the absolute end date). And we were done on time. Did everything go perfectly? No project does. But you can recognize a good company be the way it handles the things that go wrong. What went wrong? The factory sent one panel too long and it had to be reordered. After their installer had finished a couple of spots needed to be reglued. No big deal. Did I make anyy mistakes in the process? Yes. I contracted the carpenter and cabinel maker before Creative Cabinets. If I had talked to CC first I would have had them do the cabinet work for a lot less money. Why did I wait until now to report? I sometimes put things off but now I can say that months later all is as flat and tight as the day they left.
Description of Work
CC was contracted to reface our kitchen cabinets in addition to cabinets in the family room, the bar area and the living room. They helped plan the project with the carpenter and cabinet maker. This project included lots of trim and moulding and some new unfinished cabinetry. We compared their price to other refacers and also considered cabinet replacement. We had a requirement for real wood veneers and mouldings, and solid wood drawer fronts and doors.

Phone

11637 Columbia Park Dr E

Jacksonville, FL 32258

Other Information

Services offered

Residential & Commercial Cabinet Refacing, Kitchen Remodel, Bathroom Remodel, Counter Top Replacement.

Payment options