Cool R Us - AC & Heating Inc

Founded 2007 • With Angi since September 2010

6900 Phillips Hwy # 46

Jacksonville, FL 32216

Cool R Us is an independent Trane Comfort Specialist™ dealer serving the greater Jacksonville area. We are committed to providing excellent customer service, as well as the latest product innovations in cooling, heating, and indoor air quality. When it comes to your peace of mind regarding your home's comfort and safety, it is important to have a relationship with a professional organization that stands behind their work and products. At Cool R Us, you will find our highly trained and experienced personnel are willing to do just that. We hold ourselves to the highest standards, and with our 24 Hour Guarantee, you'll experience the industry's quickest response time to your requests. ...

10/08/2020

Sandra S.

After being loyal to another A/C company for years in FLORIDA, yearly and sometimes 6 month maintenance, I’d felt taken for granted for the past couple of years. When I decided to replace my old outdoor & indoor a/c units, I looked elsewhere. I found COOL-R-US a/c & heating. I already knew that I wanted a TRANE. Josh Conway was excellent at explaining and was not high pressure AT ALL, AND was honest enough to tell me that I should keep my existing thermostat, that it was a high quality thermostat. My techs were Tom, Tony and Nicole and they did a beautiful job. I am more than pleased! This company is one of the few TRANE Certified & Authorized a/c companies here which was very important to me during my search. I feel like I’ve hit the jackpot with company.... TRANE, great support and communication, and techs who are certified and know their stuff! $4700 for a 2.5 ton TRANE, included units, labor, sales tax. This is a great company and I am switching my loyalty to them! I HIGHLY recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced old A/C outdoor & indoor units.

08/28/2017

Steve M.

Awesome Greg did a great job. He was competively priced came and installed in Ine day and the install was clean and looked great He even fixed the cutouts for the ducting coming out of ceiling that the builder screwed up on 18 years ago.

Description of Work
Theybinstalled a New A/C system

Jeffrey N.

It was under warranty. One guy came to do the work. Well, they had to do a leak test. So, it wasn't just come out and replace it. We had a leak in the system, the air conditioning system had to leak. So, they had to pinpoint where the freon was leaking. They found it in the coil and replaced a coil. So, it was about four hours total.

Description of Work
They did a repair. They repaired the coil in the air handler.

Jeffrey N.

I have two systems. So, they normally charge $75 each, but they charged me like $125 since I'm a good customer. They checked the pressure; they checked the number. They made sure that your blower in the air handler area is not making any kind of noise like ball bearings are going bad. They change out the filter, which it's my own filter. They wipe down inside of the air handler in case there's any mold or any kind of dirt and grease they clean all that out. They just come through, and they check the electrical levels and make sure everything is working, thermostats working correctly. Two guys came out to do the work. They were out there an hour.

Description of Work
They did a maintenance check-up. They checked the pressure; they checked the number.

Jeffrey N.

I've been using them probably about 10 years off and on for anything that comes up. I don't use anyone else.

Description of Work
They did a seasonal check-up.

Jeffrey N.

The number of workers that come out varies. It just depends on their schedule and what they need to do. Being that there's two systems, one guy is kind of working on one and the other is testing the other. They're not like following each other around. What I like is that the owner of the company is always involved, especially in like the installation. We had a system replaced about seven years ago. He came out and did the quote. His prices were not the cheapest, but it was the best price with what they were offering. When the installation was done, he came out prior to the typical coming out to get the money. He came out to get involved and make sure the guys were doing the work correctly. He gets involved with just about every situation. When I call in to have somebody come out he'll either text me or call me and ask me how the guys doing. I'm not sure if he's doing it because I have done business so long, but he's probably doing it for everybody.

Description of Work
They did a seasonal check-up.

05/17/2017

Brenda B.

I got quotes from 3 contractors and Cool-R-Us had the best price and a great reputation. Installation was scheduled quickly. Technicians arrived at the appointed time and completed the entire job within 6 hours. They were friendly and answered all of my questions. They cleaned up all debris and left a beautiful new unit that has been operating very well. I would definitely recommend their services.

Description of Work
Replace heat pump unit

04/13/2017

Brad L.

The two installers came ontime and were very courteous and did a great job.

Description of Work
complete AC unit replacement.

01/26/2017

Cindy P.

He did just a great job. He did a magnificent job with making sure the thermostat would not interfere with anything. He did just a thorough job.

Description of Work
There was only one thermostat in the house and it was place directly where the sun could hit it. He redesigned the whole house. He took it from a single zone to a three zone. With three separate thermostats, all of which could be controlled from an app from my phone, from any place as well at the control panel at each of the three. Also there is a master control panel that will control all three of them as well. Plus he put in an electrical air cleaner. Since he put those in I have not been having any allergy problems. All of the wire had to be done on the thermostats.

09/18/2016

carol V.

Great! I called Cool R Us around 3:30 on a Saturday and Lek sent a tech out at 5:30. 20 minutes after Adam arrived I had cool air. The fuse box outside had burned out so the tech removed it and wired a direct connection bypassing the box. New parts have been ordered to be replaced in the next day or so. This is the second time I have used Cool R Us and highly recommend them - excellent customer service, pricing and integrity!

Description of Work
The system stopped cooling and temp inside was 88 degrees. The outside unit had stopped running and the fan was blowing warm air.

11/26/2015

Mark Anthony O.

Overall very well. I had them out yesterday because we have the AC leaking into the pan. Trane is rated very high in quality but this same issue seems to keep popping up. I know Lek Gjoka the owner will make it right. He is very straight up with you and all the work that has been done is solid. I like this company a lot. They don't turn over staff as I can tell they take care of their people. Another AC company we had previously every time someone showed up is was a new guy. I guess that is what you get with a big box company. I would highly recommend anyone wanting to save money give Cool R Us a shot to earn your business as I think you won't be sorry. Thanks Lek!!!!!

Description of Work
Cool R US installed my AC several years back and have been providing annual service and repairs. Over all I think this is a great company. We have a few issues with the AC installed in the attic with the unit leaking into to drain pan as this has been worked on several times. Very responsive company and they seem like they stand behind the work. Normally always on time and very respectful and professional.

11/02/2015

Victor E.

Owner (Lec) had previously come out on a very hot Sunday in August at regular rates to get our AC working. He wasn't pushy about replacing our 18 year-old units, but we received a quote from him that was less than two other quotes. He also provided quotes for less costly alternatives and gave us pros and cons for each level of solution. After installation, he actually reimbursed us for a calculation adjustment and came in under estimate. His work was timely, his crew professional and clean, especially with the indoor work. He was very well informed as to what AC-related services were valuable and what was overkill. We are now due for our annual maintenance and will be having them back out for that work, as well as installation of a cooktop hood and vent.

Description of Work
Replaced two air conditioning units with top-of-the-line Trane units.

05/13/2015

Andrew G.

Great job. Fast response. Fair price. Thank you.

Description of Work
Fixed a/c in an emergency

04/16/2015

Jeffrey N.

Two worker came out to do the job and they finished the job in 2 hours. They were very prompt.

Description of Work
They added a damper to my duct work and a new WiFi digital thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, dryer vent cleaning

04/16/2015

Jeffrey N.

Two guys came out and they finished the job in 5 hours. The left the area very clean. They were good.

Description of Work
They removed the old and installed 2 new air condition system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, dryer vent cleaning

02/06/2015

William and carol L.

They installed a new Trane AC and did a fantastic job. We originally ask about changing to 2 separate units and he advised that we install a new zoned AC. I waited to do this review to see how well the system worked. It is fabulous and has saved on our electric bill. We have not had to use the AC much, but the heater works very well, I am sure that the AC will work just as well. The new system allows us to divide our house into 3 zones. We keep the master bedroom at 64 during the day and the main living part at 73(my hubby is very cold natured), then we turn down the main area to 34 at 11pm and up the AC to 68 in the master, the other three bedroom that are rarely used are kept at 58. The master thermostat is very easy to program, you can even do it from your I-phone. It has all kinds of info on it, like the current outside temp and weather alerts. There are separate thermostats in the master and the main guest bedroom that can override the main program temporally for the comfort or our guests. Even with keeping the main part of the house a lot warmer than we used to with the old system(67 day and night), our electric bill went down significantly. The guys were very nice and helpful and cleaned up after themselves completely. They poured a very thick new pad and redid a lot of ductwork. We had to call them the following day around 5pm because we noticed an oil leak, they came out right away, turns out there was no problem, just spilt oil from having to turn the unit sideways to get it into position. I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
installed a new AC/heater

12/15/2014

Sharon P.

Good company, nice people, prompt professional service, competitive prices for new systems. They honor their warranty and follow up promptly if a question needs answered or a problem occurs. Recommend highly and would definitely use them again

Description of Work
follow up of new system installed 3/14

09/17/2014

Ayman K.

Lek is extremely professional and reliable. He was on time providing the quote. his team installed the AC in 100+ degree heat in the attic. They worked very hard for almost a couple of days to get it done. His price was very reasonable and he is very trust worthy. I received several quotes on the AC unit. Most were higher quotes and some were in line with Lek's quote if you compare apples to apples, but I did not trust the other vendors, they were trying to play games with the equipment to be installed and nickel and dime on everything. With Lek, he was very transparent and he did what he promised. he did not try to sneak different equipment and add up charges. I received what I expected and they did a good job. I subsequently used him to repair my 8 year old Trane AC to change the capacitor. he charged $215 for the visit and he did it quickly. I recommend him for all new installs and repairs. I trust him to do all of my future work without even shopping his quotes around. He is an honest family man and will treat you right every time. Thank you Lek for a great service.

Description of Work
Complete AC system - Trane 2-ton, 15 SEER Air Conditioning with new copper line and new Honeywell WiFi Thermostat 9000.

06/23/2014

Craig D.

Lec had responded to othe sevices when I needed, he always responded even when I didn't go with him on a replacment of my HVAC unit. He came out this evening ane made ajustments and recomendations that were made it the past. Putting me back in service. I give his company major points for the responsiveness and care to doing the right thing for me. Thanks for being there for me Cool R Us...!!!

Description of Work
I called for a PM service, Lec came out to cover.

05/20/2014

scott K.

I decided to test out my AC unit last month. The coils had started to freeze which is a sign that my freon level is getting low. I called a local HVAC company from the local monthly magazine for a $39 system check. The tech checked my freon level said it was low and then proceeded to show me all the alleged (from a sniffer) leaks. He informed me that because of the age of my unit (20 yrs) it would be to myadvantage to consider replacing the unit. he said he would get back to me with the cost of replacement parts compared to a new unit. We never heard back from that company. My system was a 20 year old Trane 3 ton that the builder had installed. I did my homework, had 8 contractors come out and give their proposals. The prices ranged from $6200 to $8400 for a new Trane 4 ton 17 Seer system. Two contractors wanted to increase the size of my return ducts from 16 to 18 inches. Four contractors wanted to add an additional return in the living room. They company with the lowest price had 11 complaints with the BBB but since there was no follow up they were dismissed, but it still gave me doubts. I called Trane to see who they recommened. They told me Cool R Us was an official Trane installer in Jacksonville FL. I looked them up on Angies list and saw only good reviews same with the BBB. I called Cool R Us left a message with a person not a recording and Lek the owner called me right back. He gave me a great ball park estimate so I made an apponiment for him to send someone out to my house the next day. Lek showed up on time with one of his installers. They inspected my old system and went up into my attic, not all the other companies did that. He agreed that I would need a 4 ton system however he made a great suggestion. He proposed instead of 1 new return, he suggested 4 small returns in each bedroom. He included all new copper and pvc lines, new concrete pad and an excellent price for a 17 SEER 2 speed with humidity control. I signed. the day of the installation a team of 3 installers showed up on time at 09:00, one of them was the installer that was at my home with the owner when I got the estimate. They were very professional and answered all my questions. They worked on the installation all day and ony took a short break for lunch never leaving my property. Lek arrived and inspected the instalation as they were almost finished around 16:00. He then went over the new themostat operation with my wife and me. They cleaned up everything and hauled away the old system. Lek also brought us a years supply of AC filters. I would highly recommend Cool R US for their excellent price and workmanship! I waited a month to post this to make sure everthing works as it should. We already had one week in the 90s and I must say that Lek knows his stuff. The climate in my house is better now than when I first had it built. Go with Cool R Us and you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Installed a new Trane XR17 airconditioner, new Trane Tam 7 airhandler, new return ducts and vents in all 4 bedrooms, new cooper and pvc lines, new concrete pad and new 8000 thermostat. He also gave 2 year warranty on Labor.

04/27/2014

Steven W.

We first went to the Cool R Us website. As a part of their website, there is an instant chat which I used to get a quickly returned phone call. Lek (the owner) personally called me and scheduled an appointment for the following evening. He worked his schedule around mine and was prepared when he walked in our door. He presented and discussed several options at various price points. He was very competitive in his pricing. After several days and several other bids, we selected Cool-R-Us. Again, Lek worked within our schedule and managed an install within 2 days. On the day of installation, the crew showed up about 15 minutes before the scheduled time and was ready to work. They were very efficient and kept the work area very clean. They made sure to place all of the trash in a receptacle and left nothing behind. They made several recommendations on improvements (that added zero costs) and were finished in about 5 hours. Overall this was a great experience and I would recommend Cool-R-Us to anyone in search of an AC/Heating contractor.

Description of Work
Replaced a 3.5 ton heat pump and air handler.

01/10/2014

TINA A.

I called them on Wednesday because the heat pump unit was not blowing warm air. He showed up promptly and after checking things out told one of my employees that the heat strip needed replacing and quoted an approximate cost of $250. He left, telling the employee he was going to get the part. He didn't call or come back that day. I called the office the next day and was told they would have him call me and tell me what was going on. He didn't call or come back. He finally showed up today and reinstalled the heat strip he had taken with him, saying he rebuilt it. He charged me $325. instead of the $250. originally quoted and on the invoice that he left after penciling in the additional $75.

Description of Work
Repaired commercial heat pump that was not blowing warm air.

01/08/2014

Jean R.

First off, technicians were very professional, courteous and polite. They had to work in very tight quarters but got the job done in the promised time ,cleaning up after themselves. They explained everything for me so I could keep system in good working order. I am so happy to have found them. Had inspection today and inspector found no problems at all.

Description of Work
Replaced an ancient heat & air system.

09/23/2013

Sara Jane C.

They were called in to another residence above mine, due to the owner's neglect of his system, it caused damage to my home and the one above his. The owner of the company was so nice about it. They came and cleaned it up for us. He sent us a small check. He offered to do free a/c work for us. To have an owner stand behind his work like that made me very impressed.

Description of Work
He came to my home because of damage from a client who lived above me.

05/20/2013

Mark Anthony O.

It's been 1 year since Cool R Us put a complete top of the line Trane system in our house with new duct work in half the house. Overall they did a great job, working in hot weather and the size of the unit it amazes me how it fit in our attic. Had a few minor issues but they have always been fast and responsive. One thing that amazed me also was after they installed my unit the next day I was inspecting the job site and they left several things behind which I guess that slipped there mine. I called into the office to let them know as they left two sets of the complete charging gauges on my fence and I know they are over $100.00 a set. Good thing I am honest in letting them know. After we picked out my unit I was informed the unit I ordered was back ordered and they would upgrade me to the unit above it at no charge as this upgrade was worth about $300.00 This tickled me and the new unit has really kept our house cooler and more stable as multiple return air grills had to be added also as this is now the code. The owner is very personable and sells quality products and was on the job site every day checking up on his people and offering words of encouragement and I think one day brought them lunch and drinks. This impressed me that he cares about his workers this much. If your looking for a good A/C company call one of the other guys. If your looking for a great one call Cool R Us.

Description of Work
Annual Pm and cleaning of unit