BLACKETOR CONSTRUCTION

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2010

6539 Seaboard Ave

Jacksonville, FL 32244

4-5 EMPLOYEES. SUBS ONLY IN REQUIRED FEILDS (I.E PLUMBER, HVAC, ELEC.). COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. FREE ESTIMATES ON JOBS UNDER $50,000.00. EMERGENCY SERVICE CHARGE $125 - $250. Our goal at BCC to take your project and visions make them a reality. Our staff is dedicated to ensure that your project is completed in professional,timely and workman like manner....

04/22/2013

Jennifer C.

They will not stand behind their repairs. It was done prior to closing, but I did a rent-back to the seller so I did not get to see my house until the middle of January. After the first rain the paint that they painted the outside of my house with started peeling and he proceeded to tell me that it was because I pressure-washed my house and I told him I don't own a pressure-washer. He refused to stand behind the repairs. He messed up my shingles on my roof, the paint he used was peeling and the gutter on the back of my house is misaligned now when previously it was aligned perfectly.

Description of Work
Blacketor Construction did the WDO repairs on my house. The repairs were done and paid for by the seller.

Category handyman service, house painters

Blacketor construction always stands behind our repairs. The problem lies in the the customer and ownership of the home. [member name removed]did not hire Blacketor Construction nor was she the owner of the home of the time repairs were made. I spoke with other contractors and Realtor's about this situation. I have never had an issue like this in over 15 years of service. I also carry an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Everyone was in agreement that my warranties end with the original owner and not with the new owner. [member name removed], as the buyer of the home, has the right to do a walk through prior to closing. If she could not do this she can have her Realtor or appoint someone to do the walk through. Most buyers take advantage of this because this is the time if there are ANY ISSUES this is the time to speak up... not 3-4 months afterwards. She also states that the paint started peeling after the first rain, but the gutter didn't change and the shingles didn't change. I am not sure why she waited so long to call me. If it had been only a month after repairs we most likely would have came back out immediately. We made several repairs around the home, not just these few she speaks about. After [member name removed] had called me I asked if she could send me pictures. I looked at the pictures and asked her if she had pressure washed her home. I never stated that was what happened or caused the paint to peel. I was just trying to solve the problem. Sometimes there can be a warranty issue with the product(s) not the installer. We can only offer a warranty on workmanship not product. The manufacture carries their own warranties. We had used Behr Premium Plus paint and primer in one (the best Home Depot sells). I offered to repaint the shutter(s) at no- cost if she had left over paint or would purchase a quart. Then she stated that the seller took anything that was not nailed down and he got his money so why does he care. I feel she was upset at the seller for what ever the reason. The gutter originally sloped the wrong direction and we corrected this, that is why it looks different. As for the shingle damage, we never did any repairs to the shingles. They were not touched. Again, I am sorry that her and I could not come to a compromise as I tried to resolve the issues. I feel there was some misguided frustration.

11/04/2011

James M.

Matt obtained all the permits and took care of all the inspections. I was very satisfied with his workmanship.

Description of Work
Matt built a 12X48' roof and a 12X24' deck on the rear of my doublewide trailer.

Category remodeling

Thank Member it was great working with you on your project. I hope all is well with you as it is with me. Enjoy the up coming hoildays. I am looking forward to building the garage soon. Take care and thank you for the recomendation and the business.

1st Coast Painting and More Inc.

We here at 1st Coast Painting & More Inc. are a residential and commercial painting company that have been servicing the First Coast since 2005. We are a prior Military, family owned and operated company that prides ourselves on top notch service. Our experienced staff, performance history, great service, and fair pricing has been the key to our success. We always have our customer’s best interest in mind and are committed to providing a finished product that we would be proud to have in our own homes and business. So, whether you are a homeowner or business owner looking to renovate and renew your home and/or business, we believe in building a lasting relationship with our customers to become your lifetime painting professionals for all your painting needs. We are fully licensed and insured. Call For a Free Estimate 904-864-1498

All American Exterior Cleaning

Hi my name is Bobby Devine, I am 22 years old. I am a Jacksonville native, born and raised. I am the owner and operator of All American Pressure Washing. We are still a small company and have so much room to grow, I have 4 years of experience in the trade and look forward gain more experience in the future. Our goal at AAPW is to always have 100% customer satisfaction, if something is not done to your standards we will go back and re-do it to your liking. We like to stay true to our roots and are a family based company so we offer 20% off for active/ retired military, police, and fire.

904 Power Washing

904 Power Washing is a full service pressure washing, window cleaning and painting company, serving both residential and commercial clients in the First Coast area. We pride ourselves in being the best at what we do.

Offers by 904 Power Washing on Angi

Yes up to jobs of $50, 000.00
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Additions, Remodel, Framing, Windows, Doors, Kitchens, Baths, Sheds, Out Buildings, Turn Key, WDO (wood rot) Repairs, Siding Repairs, Siding, Showers, Bath Tub Surrounds, Painting, Flooring, Hardie Panel and lap, Drywall repairs and textures, decks, patios, porches, screened rooms, Tile work, wood floors, laminate flooring, Roofing, roof repairs, roof cleaning, chimney caps,Cleaning Services, Demo, and much more. We do it all Just Call!

not much