Armor Roofing Company

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2010

3885 Julington Creek Rd

Jacksonville, FL 32223

Armor Roofing Company is run by me Steve Kelly, my wife, and two sons. I have five installers on my payroll and carry 2 million in General Liability. I am the owner and am a state certified roofing contractor. I quote every job personally and supervise every job personally. I prefer to use higher

11/23/2021

Herbert C.

Several years ago Armor Roofing (Steve Kelly) re-roofed my home. I was very impressed with every aspect of his service. This past month, one of my daughters needed to have her home re-roofed and I did not hesitate to contact Steve about re-roofing her home. Once again, his work exceeded all my expectations. When the time comes to re-roof my other daughter's home, Steve will be the first person I contact. I recommend him, without hesitation, for any of your roofing needs.

Description of Work
Re-roofed house

07/15/2020

Delden F.

I received 3 quotes for the job and Armor roofing was very competitive with their quote so we chose them for the job. Many factors went into our choice of roofer such as type of shingles, how soon could the job be done, personal supervision of the job by the owner, Steve Kelly, and keeping us up to date on when the job was in line to be done. All went well and the crew worked fast and steady and cleaned up as they worked. We also had the advantage of seeing this crew work before as they did our neighbors roof earlier this year. All went well and we were very satisfied with every aspect of this job.

Description of Work
Due to the age of our roof and insurance premiums skyrocketing we decided to replace our roof.

Category gutter repair, roofing

05/26/2020

Zen S.

Very professional service and prompt work. Now I have a beautiful new roof!! I’ll definitely recommend others to use for quality work at a great value 😀

Description of Work
Roof replacement

08/01/2019

Rickie M.

High quality work performed professionally meeting all of my expectations. Old roof was quite a challenge as much of the decking was rotted in several places. Extra work requested replacing 260 feet of rotted fascia board, after removing and disposing of old gutter system. Two areas of the soffit was also badly rotted and required replacement. Project manager keep me updated several times during the 3 1/2 day project reviewing all requirements of extra material and labor needed. Most please with the end results!

Description of Work
New roof and replace rotted Fascia board and Soffit

Category contractors, roofing

07/13/2019

David G.

Great, they were efficient and did quality work. The only issue a sudden storm came up and they didn't get the whole roof covered in time so there were a couple wet spotted in the ceiling.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof on my house and arranged for new gutters

04/01/2019

Margaret J.

Needed a new roof for our rental home and we live out of town. We coordinated with Steve via email and he blocked off the days for our project so we could sign the contract and get the job started right away. We were able to fly in to Jax, sign the contract, see the project from start to finish and fly out again within 4 days. Steve was on sight daily and his team was very professional and did an awesome job. We now have a beautiful new roof with additional ventilation which should help make the home more energy efficient in the summer. Highly recommend Armor Roofing!

Description of Work
Replaced 20 yr old roof

03/14/2019

Kevin H.

Went extremely well. Steve had great pricing, did all the permitting, he communicated daily with us, the work team was on time and they all did a great job through each step of the process. A+

Description of Work
Full roof replacement.

08/13/2018

Timothy W.

I called Armor roofing and spoke with Mr. S. Kelly who had Mr. Lennie Buckman contact me. I'm glad he did. Lennie understood the what the siding contractor needed done. Lennie is meticulous, and conscientious about the work he does and quality of the finished product. Once on the roof, Lennie discovered another problem that needed immediate attention and set about repairing the problem, even though I was unaware of the issue when we negotiated the contract. Lennie's work is of the highest quality and his prices are fair. Lennie is always happy to explain to the homeowner or someone with no construction experience (me) what requires repair and why it is necessary to repair it. I would never hesitate to recommend Armor Roofing and, in particular, Lennie Buckman. You can trust that the work will be completed to the homeowner's complete satisfaction, with quality work and a fair and honest price.

Description of Work
I had an issue with a roof repair (not replacement). I needed to have the chimney flashing reworked in conjunction with other chimney construction.

07/26/2018

Patrick B.

Everyone we dealt with at Armor Roofing was professional and very quick to respond to our call. They explained what they were going to do to fix our problem and did a great job. Even though our job was small they still took it on quickly!

Description of Work
Small roof repair

06/12/2018

Julie S.

Our roof was over 20 years old and we were about to lose our home owners insurance if we did not replace our roof by July 11, 2018. Not only did Steve promptly return our call for service on our roof but he graciously fit us in on short notice. The Armor Roofing Company crew was professional and extremely efficient. Our roof was finished in 2 days and the dumpster was picked up the following day. The affordability of our roof replacement was the best part of our experience. I would highly recommend Armor Roofing Company.

Description of Work
We needed a total roof replacement.

06/01/2018

Krystyna J.

Needed repair quick before closing of sale of the house. I called and they came out Same day with estimate. Began work vey next day with a fine finish Same Day. Passed inspection with no problem. Professional service by Lenny, Lenny kept me well informed of what needed to be done and progress during the repair. I'm super Impressed by the very prompt service and the quality and professional experience with Lenny and Armor Roofing. 5 stars.

Description of Work
Remove and replaced 3 soil stacks.

05/10/2018

John B.

I called the company and the owner responded immediately. Came out the next day and performed a complete inspection of my roof and then took the time to explain all options to me. After speaking with him for several minutes, I decided at that time he had not only answered all my questions but met all my requirements. We agreed on a price and a date, in which explained to me how the timeline would unfold. The roofing material arrived when he said it would as well as the dumpster. His team showed up on time with no delays and were very professional at what they doing, fro safety to rip off and replacement of my roof. I was surprised at the sixe of the team and was even more surprised that he brought in even more people to finish my roofing ahead of schedule. After the completion they performed a complete inspection of the surrounding yard to ensure there would be no loose materials like nails ect...Mr. Kelly stay in touch with me before, during and after the job. He himself came out preformed not only a roof inspection but a ground inspection. I am a very hard person to please but I was more than satisfied with everything done. My house is quieter and I have no roof leaks.

Description of Work
Complete reroofing

04/24/2018

Carrie K.

Steve was AMAZING to work with from the beginning! I called five companies to get quotes and since I travel for work, I couldn't be home to meet with any of them. Instead of just taking down my name and address, Steve started building a relationship with me on that first initial call by asking questions and taking a more consultative approach. Once I got all the estimates, I still had some questions and felt so comfortable calling Steve and asking for his advice on all of the estimates (not only his). He was so honest and transparent when talking through things that I trusted him from the beginning which is why we chose to work with him. After deciding to go with Steve, he immediately scheduled a time to meet with me and my husband to walk us through the process and explain how things would go. He scheduled everything to be done within two weeks and kept in constant communication. Everything happened according to plan! Container was dropped on Friday, roofing supplies dropped on Monday, roof replaced on Tuesday (yep, only took one day!), everything cleaned up Wednesday, final walk through on Thursday and now we have a BEAUTIFUL new roof!!! Could not be more impressed or happy with how everything turned out! Will definitely work with Steve again and recommend him to anyone!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

03/20/2018

Connie P.

Steve monitored the work daily to ensure that we were satisfied and the work was done correctly. We were very satisfied with the job, it was well organized and completed on time.

Description of Work
Remove and install new roof shingles.

Category roofing, woodworking

03/16/2018

Linda P.

It could not have been better. They were all the above and then some. Definitely have recommended to others and will continue to do so. Had six estimates from other roofers and felt this was the best one as far as honesty, professionalism and price.

Description of Work
New roof put on

03/15/2018

DIANE J.

They did an excellent job and did everything as promised. Price was nice and double check the roof after the work. And I will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They did a complete roof.

03/13/2018

kimberly E.

I love this company. They completed all of the work that was promised and in the most time effective and professional manner possible. The workers were punctual and most respectful. The time from materials and dumpster delivery to completion was barely 2 days. I would absolutely recommend Armor Roofing to anyone who wants a professional job done for a FABULOUS price.

Description of Work
COMPLETE ROOF REPLACEMENT

01/06/2018

Stephen B.

It went exceptionally well. The communication was good and was clear. The final product was great quality and done on time, no surprises or disappointments.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

12/26/2017

Leslie S.

A++ The crew working on tearing off and putting a new roof on our house were quick and efficient. Stephen let us know what to expect and when the supplies would be delivered and the work was to begin and be completed. Everything went smoothly and amazingly the work started on a Monday morning and our old roof was gone and our beautiful new roof was completed by Tuesday evening. They did a great job of cleaning up and we have had no issues with nails being left behind, a concern of ours since we have a dog that likes to run around our backyard.

Description of Work
Install New Roof

11/15/2017

L S.

After hurricane Irma it was difficult to find any roofer that could come out for a small repair. We did not need a new roof - just a repair where a tree branch had pierced the roof leaving about a 6 inch hole. Armor roofing sent Lenny a few days after my call to give us an estimate for repairs. We agreed to the price and Lenny covered the area of concern and said he would be back in a couple of weeks to repair. Two weeks later, Lenny was back, repaired the roof within 2 hours and cleaned everything up thoroughly. He even gave us some advice about the chimney that had some rotting wood on it. So far so good on the repair!

Description of Work
Repair hole in roof caused by branch during hurricane Irma.

11/06/2017

John S.

exactly as planned. Work completed in one day. Immaculate clean up of site upon finishing work. Steve Kelley was a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Armor Roofing to anyone needing re-roofing.

Description of Work
Re-roof following damage from Hurricane Irma

10/12/2017

Theresa D.

Because of Steve’s honesty with me a year and a half prior, I called him right away when I knew I needed the new roof. Steve’s crew was so efficient, courteous and professional. They did a wonderful job on my roof. They cleaned up everything so nicely. The job was completed in two days. I am very happy.

Description of Work
My roof was 18 years old and I had an estimate from Steve in June 2016. He came and looked at my roof in 2016. He gave me the estimate but also told me that I probably could get a couple more years out of the roof I had. After Irma I had lost so many shingles I knew it was time. So I called him and he was here within a few days.

10/10/2017

Jacqueline T.

Kept me informed about delivery times. They came on time and completed it in one day. Supervisor was onsite all the time. Very professional. Would hire again

Description of Work
Had a new roof installed.

08/26/2017

Joyce F.

Excellent. Steve was very professional, provided excellent customer service, and was always responsive if I called. I highly recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Put new roof on home

08/06/2017

Jennifer L.

Excellent. He quickly started on our our house after Hurricane Matthew and we haven't had any problems since. Very responsive and courteous. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
We needed a new roof for our 3000 square foot house