Action Irrigation & Landscaping

Founded 1988 • With Angi since July 2010

4.4

6001-21 Argyle Forest Blvd #365

Jacksonville, FL 32244

Action Irrigation is a business that since 1988 has been highly recognized in Florida for providing unsurpassed quality and professional workmanship. Mission: To have 100% Customer Satisfaction. Additional email - brandy@actionirrigation.com. Additional contact name - Brandy Howard....

04/17/2020

Ryan R.

I needed help troubleshooting why my pump wouldn't keep prime and why the pressure switch wouldn't turn it on or off. They did literally NOTHING. They started complaining that they didn't have the tools for all the jobs scheduled and they didn't want to have to drive an hour back to the office to get materials. They turned the pump on for 10 seconds and told me the pump was bad, which the pump works fine if they then took the time to prime it and test it....told me I need a new check valve and pump @ $900. These guys didn't want to work; they wanted to sell. DO NOT use this company. I paid them $95 for 30 min of standing BS-ing me.

Description of Work
Troubleshooting pump

Category irrigation systems, drain pipe

07/12/2018

Mary T.

They gave me an estimate for over $2000. I read more reviews the same week and cancelled the project. Months later I hired a different irrigation company who fixed the system for significantly less. In June I got an invoice and bill by email for the price of the original estimate with an assertion that the work had been done. It's hard for me to believe that someone honestly thought the work had been completed when in fact they were on my property only once for the purpose of the original estimate and I had immediately called and cancelled the job. The work described in the invoice was never done.

Description of Work
Improving irrigation system in Gainesville FL

02/21/2018

TAVIS R.

I really wanted to do business with Action but they made no effort to get my business. I made an appointment for 2/19 and they called 2/15 to rescheduled it to 2/20. Then they called me and told me they needed to reschedule my appointment on 2/21 that I never had. They called back and said they would be out on 2/20 at 5:00 after I told them to just cancel my appointment until I could be off work again. I raced home from work and waited. And waited. And waited. At 6:00 I gave up and called it a night. They made no attempt to call me and let me know they weren't coming and basically wasted my time. Total disregard and lack of respect for my time. I will be doing business with one of their competitors. I guess they didn't need a $15,000 job. Their loss.

Description of Work
Drainage, Landscaping and Landscape Lighting

Category landscaping, lawn service, drain pipe, outdoor lighting

11/13/2017

Jennifer P.

Action came out to repair our irrigation well pump. Upon review, it was determined it needed to be replaced. Requested them to repair/replace irrigation well pump. Scheduled the appointment almost 2 weeks in advance. The day of the install, they called to request we schedule another time as something "came up". My husband took off work for them to come out only to be told they wouldn't be there on the scheduled date/time. They did offer to come out after 5pm but with a job that would take them 2 hours, I declined and reached out to another company who was eager for my business. I should've known after reading their reviews to not use them. Will not make that mistake again.

Description of Work
Irrigation Well pump repair

04/25/2017

Roger M.

Had to wait over a week to schedule someone to come out and finally on the date of the appointment (after I took time off from work) was told originally (2pm to 5pm) on 04/25/17. Wife was contacted in the afternoon that they would have to re-schedule for the 4/26/17. Do they think that people just can take off anytime that they see fit. VERY POOR PROFESSIONALISM!!!!

Description of Work
Need to have irrigation leak fixed.

06/16/2016

Victoria H.

We have been moderately happy with them. They're not very responsive. We had to wait a while to get them out here. They're busy, they say they're under staffed.

Description of Work
I used Action Irrigation & Landscaping for pool and spa service and repair. They put in some french drains for me.

Category pool cleaners

10/05/2015

Daniel F.

After purchasing was contacted by provider and informed St. Augustine was outside of their coverage area so I received a refund. Hired another provider to repair and upgrade our sprinkler system for a little under $1000. Despite receiving a refund Angies List continues to nag me about submitting a review so here you go. "Hi Daniel, Unfortunately you are outside of our service area. Please contact Angies List and they will refund this for you. Thanks, David Kampmeyer"

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

09/01/2015

Pat B.

We scheduled an appointment with this company two weeks in advance for 8am on a Tuesday to have drainage system installed in our backyard. They did not show up at 8am so I called around 9am and my husband called later around 10:30am both to ask if they were still coming. Each time we were assured that our messages would be passed along to David, the owner, and that he would call us back as soon as possible. By 2pm we had yet to hear from anyone and we did not have anyone come to the house for the service that was scheduled. It's one thing to be late, that's expected with most service companies, but it's another thing not to return any phone calls and cause the customer to question whether the service provider is still planning on providing the service. By 2pm, with zero communication from Action Irrigation & Landscaping, we decided to hire a different company. This company has a policy that half of the cost of service must be paid when scheduling the appointment and the remaining half must be paid once the service is complete. This company was extremely responsive when we were scheduling the appointment and trying to pay for the service.

Description of Work
The provider was supposed to install a drainage system in our backyard.

Category irrigation systems

Hi [member name removed], I'm sorry but we have not been able to locate your name or address. Please call me directly at 904-755-0066. Would like to know if you have the right company and exactly who you talked to when you called as I have no record of this? Thanks, David

07/21/2015

ed J.

They did a nice job. But, it was a little hard to get them scheduled. They were busy. Some of that was my fault. In the middle of all that schedule, I was in the hospital. There were additional charges beyond the big deal price of $88. I spent close to $300. My interaction with them was okay. The work they did turned out fine. They did a good job. It was a little expensive. They were on time.

Description of Work
They put in a new irrigation timer box for me.

07/13/2015

Carol M.

I still have areas that are not covered even though they said they were. And i had to move the timer box myself because they didn't place it in the correct area. In addition to all of this, I gave them checks to do the services and then they turned around and made counter-fit checks from my account and cashed three counter-fit checks for under 4,000 dollars. *Updated 7/27/15* This is the right company Please refer to Jacksonville Sheriffs Office Case Numbers 370941 and 326077

Description of Work
They came out and did a sprinkler tune up in one of my houses. And then in another they installed the whole timer system and back up valve and they were supposed to do a tune up to make sure everything was working.

Category irrigation systems

I think customer may have us confused for someone else? Nor were any checks ran on customers account... Please remove incorrect review and feel free to call us 904-779-7799 of you have any questions.

06/03/2015

Marie M.

My husband made an appt for irrigation repair with this company and they cancelled due to staffing issues which we understood. They said they would call us back to make another appt and we didn't hear from them. That should have been our first clue but we proceeded to make another appt via their website as that is what their phone message instructs due to a "high call volume." The appt was confirmed via email and I received another email the day of the appt to confirm, which I did. The appt was at 4 pm (block of 4-7 pm). My husband left work early to be at the house during this time but no one ever showed up!! We received no phone call, no email, no communication at all. This was a complete waste of our time and an absolute disrespect to customers. I would not recommend this company at all.

Description of Work
Wasted our time

Category irrigation systems

Very sorry about this bad experience. We do strive to have 100% customer satisfaction. Over the last few weeks we have had an overwhelmingly large call volume… well over 100 calls a day. We are a small business and haven been working hard to keep up. We also implemented a new system to make this work much better. Please feel free to contact me directly david@actionirrigation.com for more information.

04/25/2015

Surujnarine S.

I wasted 3 hours of a very busy day waiting for an estimator who was provided the wrong number by this company dispatcher. Never offered to send one over later in the day but was asking me to waste another three hours another day. Total disrespect for customer's time

Description of Work
Did not show up for an estimate

Category irrigation systems

Sorry to hear this happened. We attempted to call twice prior to going out and no answer. We then left a message to call the office. Never heard back until I saw this message. 904-779-7799 -David

04/13/2015

Shirley H.

It went great and they did a great job. I did have to pay a little above the big deal purchase. It was for four hours work but they sent out two people, so I only got two hours. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Action Irrigation & Landscaping did landscaping. It was a big deal purchase.

03/07/2015

Joanne F.

I have used Action Irrigation and Landscaping twice now. They are very professional and on time. I would use them again and recommend their service to others.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for 4 hours of yard clean up.

02/26/2015

John F.

The gentleman came on time, talked me through possible solutions. We will probably follow up with this company when the time is right. I felt he was competent and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate/evaluation to correct our drainage problem on both sides of our house.

02/23/2015

Christie G.

Great job. The guys showed up on time (few minutes early actually) and finalized everything I asked for and a little more. All leaves in the yard were bagged and a few tall bushes in front of the house were trimmed nicely.

Description of Work
Yard cleanup.

01/23/2015

Larry R.

They did a great job and will use them again.

Description of Work
Trim shrubs and cleaned up

01/16/2015

Deborah B.

He asked me where I had drainage problems. So basically I told him where the areas are and he agreed they needed drains. He made no recommendations at all.

Description of Work
Provider evaluated land to make recommendations regarding staining water problem.

Category irrigation systems

Hi [removed name], Very sorry about the bad experience. This big deal drainage idea was proposed by a rep from Angies list and we had no idea what we were getting into. We typically go out when a customer calls and provide a free estimate for a drainage system. We were in no way prepared to provide an inspection that Angies list had sold as a "$300 value" for $69. Of that $69 angies list keeps 100% of the money. Once again I'm very sorry about the result of this. Please give me a call so I can come up with a resolution / refund for you. Thanks, David 904-779-7799

01/16/2015

Kelly K.

I purchased a Big Deal with them. I was unable to get ahold of them the day I purchased the deal, but they emailed me the next day to let me know that they were not available to do the work on the days that I had chosen.

01/14/2015

Michael C.

After initial visit I did not hear back from contractor for quite some time. Eventually contractor made contact, apologized for non-response and offered refund which I accepted. I appreciate their willingness to make things right and wish them well in their future operations.

Description of Work
Requested estimate for grading/drainage through Angie's List promotion.

Category irrigation systems

Very sorry about the bad experience. This big deal drainage idea was proposed by a rep from Angies list and we had no idea what we were getting into. We typically go out when a customer calls and provide a free estimate for a drainage system. We were in no way prepared to provide an inspection that Angies list had sold as a "$300 value" for $69. Of that $69 Angie's list keeps 100% of the money. Once again I'm very sorry about the result of this. Please give me a call so I can come up with a resolution / refund for you. Thanks, David 904-779-7799

01/08/2015

Phoebe G K.

Very good, however, I rated pricing for this job a C- due to what was said would be done while walking the job with the owner who said he believed the entire fence would be covered in the higher value price/discounted, and what was actually accomplished due to the size of the deep lot only 3/4 of the work was completed. I must hire additional time before job is completed on the entire fence line. I should have stayed with the project as it was discovered that under the leafy green leaves were dead leaves and the trimming took most all the leaves off the fence with vines cut back I ask that they not trim the opposite side of the fence to leave privacy between my side and the neighbors and vacant lot next door, this helped maintain a level of privacy. At $100.00 per hours it may have to wait to complete the job due to other projects started at the same time. Be sure to discuss in detail with the men who actual do the work before starting the project so you understand fully what to expect in a project of this sort, it will take additional time to complete the job. Their work is outstanding. Professional job. Excellent clean-up they left the yard very clean and tidy. On a personal note the men all were very considerate and polite. The men are fast and efficient two guys work together or one guy, its entirely up to you a discussion with the actual men who do the work prior to starting the work is beneficial to all. I would use this company again and recommend them to you. Communicate well upfront ask questions to the men who do the work to know what their take on the job is.

Description of Work
Trim / mature Star Jasmine on chain link fence.

12/30/2014

Vicki K.

I was very pleased with the work and with the professionalism of the crew. They explained everything thoroughly, did exactly what they said they would do, cleaned up nicely, and were very professional and pleasant. They even nailed a part of my fence together for me that was coming apart, even though that wasn't part of the job. I highly recommend them and would use them again.

Description of Work
Installed drainage boxes, buried and connected gutter downspouts and piped it all to the back of my property to alleviate drainage issues on the side of my property.

12/30/2014

Carolyn M.

These guys did a great job once we finally got connected. They completely understood what I wanted and completed the requested jobs. Our biggest problem was that they had to reschedule twice . . . this was difficult because we'd already purchased over $200 worth of plants and I was very nervous that they may start to fade with the week delay when we rescheduled. However, they had to reschedule initially because of truck problems, which has happened to all of us. The second reschedule was due to the weather. But by that point, I really needed to get those plants in, so it was rather stressful. However, once we met up, I was very comfortable that the job would get done well, which it was. I would use them again, but maybe I would not purchase plants first unless we knew the day/time was more solid.

Description of Work
The provider followed my instructions to put in/relocate the plants necessary.

12/28/2014

Heather N.

I purchased the Angie's list special for 6 hours of yard work. We had an area in the back yard that was "natural" i.e., full of overgrown volunteer plants that we wanted cleared out. Two men came out as scheduled and worked on the area for 1 1/2 hours, then suggested to my husband that we could use Round-up on the area since it would kill the plants' roots, too. He offered to do the spraying for us or to trim up sage palms and clear out underneath them. We went with the latter, and another time was set up to do the work. He came as scheduled and, after trimming the sagos, even showed my husband how to separate the sago pups from the mother plant, and how to re-plant it and care for it. He also told my husband how to do the Round-up spraying in the back area to get the best results.

Description of Work
Yard work/yard clean-up.

12/25/2014

Erik K.

Outstanding, the yard looked great!

Description of Work
Cleaned up yard and trimmed trees