A Cut Above Outdoor Specialty Services

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2014

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

11972 Elizabeth Ann Ct

Jacksonville, FL 32223

If you are dreaming of making your homes outdoor living area "A Cut Above the Rest" you have found the right company!! From the design process through construction our team will be with you every step of the way!! We pride ourselves on creating the best environments for each clients individual wants and needs. Our team is "A Cut Above the Rest" in building patios,driveways, pergolas, summer kitchens, outdoor fireplaces, fire pits, water features, landscape & patio lighting, stonework & much much more!!...

hardscaping (11)lawn & landscaping (4)outdoor kitchens (3)Patios (3)irrigation system (3)mulch delivering (2)tile installation (2)concrete driveways (1)decks & porches (1)tree service (1)

07/27/2022

Bevan D.

Absolutely outstanding quality work, the best. Highly professional employees who checked in and out on a daily basis reviewing each days work I would hire these guys for all work they do, really the absolute best. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Walkway and Patio

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/27/2022

12/16/2020

Barb S.

The work is absolutely beautiful. Good pricing and care was taken to ensure everything done was done correctly. Shawn and Tanner did everything they said they would do! This rarely happens, a few end glitches with a worker was corrected immediately after I called. If you value your property......hire This company, true to their word and your money won’t be wasted. Thanks fellas

Description of Work
We wanted pavers to widen our driveway, extend both sides to the front door and backyard gate. Also, pulled up and leveled pool deck pavers.

Category ceramic tile, decks, hardscaping

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

02/29/2020

Lee E.

Can't say enough good things about this company. They did a wonderful job removing our old cracked concrete driveway/path and replacing with be a beautiful paver driveway. They were patient as we chose our color/plans, gave helpful advice on the new paver choices, and did an outstanding job re-leveling our driveway and installing a drain system/sod as well. I would hire them again in a second. Thanks for the wonderful job guys!!

Description of Work
Complete paver driveway install, sod install, and drainage system install (and demo of old concrete driveway)

Work Completed On 12/09/2019

Thank you so much for the kind words and trusting us to make your home "A Cut Above"!! Glad your loving the new curb appeal Thanks again!!

12/06/2019

Michael D.

Shawn came out on October 19 for large job quote. He spent over an hour withe me. He said he was backed up after the Home and Patio show, it may be a little over a week or so before he gets me a quote. It's 7 weeks later, have not heard anything from him.

Description of Work
Large Patio and Pool Job

Work Completed On 12/06/2019

09/09/2018

JD L.

Had leftover pavers from new pool deck and wanted to add space for my grill on one side and a small path on the other side. Shawn and his guys did an amazing job matching up against the existing paver section, looks amazing. Exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
Paver Installation

Work Completed On 09/06/2018

07/22/2018

Junius H.

Top quality work was performed on time and on budget. Shawn and Tanner were very professional and two of the nicest guys to work with. They are knowledgeable about their craft providing me confidence that I chose the right company.

Description of Work
Install pavers in driveway, walkway, and entry way

Category concrete driveways, irrigation systems, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/09/2018

06/19/2017

Sami E.

As a working mom with active children, my schedule can be pretty hectic. Mr. White worked with this crazy schedule by coming to my home outside of his business hours to do the initial consultation. As he discussed the options with me and we measured my yard, I was pleased to learn that I had over-budgeted. Shawn suggested using some of my extra allocated money to add a wood burning fire pit for the children to enjoy smores on summer nights. Upon receipt of the official proposal, I was very pleased to see there was a detailed listing of all of the materials, and work to be completed. The contract is very well written, and provides extensive details including the warranty information. Overall Mr. White and his crew were courteous and professional. The work was started and finished when promised and the final result has surpassed my family's expectations. Shawn not only took into consideration my 2 legged children, but also my 4 legged children - taking frequent breaks to secure the back yard so that they were still able to do their business as he and his crew worked. We've already begun to design a remodel for our driveway and front entrance and will definitely be in touch with Mr. White so that the front of home can also be a cut above the rest. Thank you Mr. White for giving our family a spectacular space to make memories.

Description of Work
My family needed an extension added to our pool patio area. With several children and dogs running around, we found that the standard 3 or 4 foot decking simply wasn't enough space.

Category landscaping, remodeling, hardscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 04/05/2017

05/19/2017

Tucker G.

I wish there was the opportunity to give a rating of A+. Shawn and his team were excellent from start to finish. We had them build an outdoor kitchen for us. From the initial contact Shawn was very responsive and followed through as promised. His attention to detail was excellent and matched even my OCD standards! His team showed up on time, worked quickly to finish the job, and left the area cleaner than they found it. I would definitely recommend them and will hire them when I have a need in the future.

Description of Work
Outdoor kitchen and drainage

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 04/28/2017

Thank you so much for the review & allowing us to build it for you & your family!! We know there will be many great memories made there!!

03/28/2017

GARY M.

I could not be happier. They installed a drain system to take water away from the area, moved my lawn irrigation as stated in the estimate and installed a conduit for the electric to the kitchen set at my request. At the end they moved the kitchen setup, approximately 450 lbs., to the patio for me. Instead of hauling all the sod and topsoil away I requested the locate some of it at various places in the yard to help the landscape, the rest was removed and the worksite clean when they left the site. I would certainly hire them again.

Description of Work
I needed a patio area installed for an outdoor kitchen. I had talked with Shawn at the home show and called to see how quick we could get the work completed. Due to our leaving town in two days Shawn came that evening and completed an estimate by the next day. The design, his recommendations on pavers, and cost were all in line with my needs. We approved and set a start date for the morning we returned home. They were on time and completed the job in two days as scheduled. The finished patio looked better than I had originally pictured it in my mind. We have used it everyday sense completion.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, hardscaping, patios, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

Thank you so much for allowing us to build it for you!! So glad you and your family are getting great use of the area!!

07/12/2016

Trishalee C.

Description of Work
They cut down a tree

Category tree service

05/31/2016

James G.

Description of Work
We contracted with Shawn, the owner of A Cut Above to build a patio for a swim spa we are having installed. They did an excellent job, on time, and finished as promised. I highly recommend using them. We will again, when needed.

Category ceramic tile

01/12/2015

Jeffrey N.

Everything went well until after the winter season (April-May 2014) when several plants died. I contacted Sean, the owner, to come out and review the shrubs to replace the plants that died under my contract. He responded to my initial communication that he would come out that week. More than a month later, he stated that he came out and looked at the plants that died. He stated that he knocked on the door and no one answered the door. After that, he never communicated with me again, nor did he replace the dead plants. I called and also sent multiple emails and text, but to no avail. I have also filed a complaint with the local Better Business Bureau. It is listed as a negative mark against the company since he didn't replace the plants according to the contract.

Description of Work
Landscape services including removing old plant material, installing new plant material, an ornamental tree, mulch, and metal edging. Contract included a one year warranty on all plant material if it died for any reason.

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/05/2013

09/15/2014

Julie and Bob H.

Shawn, Just wanted to express our satisfaction in the Summer Kitchen you and your company installed for us, it is beautiful and we appreciate your professional and excellent job! Thank you Bob And Julie

Description of Work
Summer Kitchen

Work Completed On 09/05/2014

01/30/2014

Virginia T.

They did an incredible job. The design work was very professional and they completed the work two weeks ahead of schedule. I am going to be using their service again.

Description of Work
They buit and outdoor paver patio, pergola and paver walkway from the front door to the backyard and extended the driveway by adding pavers. For part of the pergola, they added columns around the pergola posts and sealed everything.

Work Completed On 12/30/2013

Summer Kitchens, Outdoor Fireplaces(gas or wood), Stone installation(anywhere), Hardscaping (driveways,patios,walkways), Landscape/patio Lighting, Pergolas, Irrigation, Pressure washing/sealing, Retaining/seating walls, Fire pits (gas or wood) & much much more

Lawn maintenance services, Tree removal