Apex Contractors Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2013

911 Hillcrest Ct Ste 122

Hollywood, FL 33021

Apex Contractors, Inc. is a full service home remodeling and renovation company that has been serving the Broward, Miami-Dade, & Palm Beach areas for over a decade. We are a state certified General Contractor, Electrical Contractor, & Engineering firm with a team of experienced professionals

11/19/2015

Carole & Bill S.

Description of Work
Outstanding in every respect!!!

04/10/2015

Diane M.

Description of Work
They built a DVD rental machine and drilled it to the ground. I had to call them again because we had to remove the machine and they took it apart for us.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling

04/01/2015

Kaye R.

Excellent on time, efficient. Explained what he was doing and why. Very polite

Description of Work
Serviced air conditioner, @ added Freon, checked vents, etc.

03/31/2015

Cathia C.

We were interested in remodeling our rather large, his/hers master bathroom. Setting up the initial consultation with Apex was very easy and we were able to get a weekend appointment to accommodate our schedule. We later received a thorough, typed-out quote of the services to be performed and the materials included and not included. While Apex's quote was not the least expensive of the quotes we received for our remodel, it was not the most expensive. We appreciated the fact that Apex actually applies for the required permits with the City as there are others out there that would prefer to not do things legitimately. After several weeks, we decided to go with Apex and once again Jon was able to meet with us on the weekend to sign the contract. Work began on our bathroom mid-January and was completed mid-March. It was a very involved project for us (the homeowners) as we had to provide a lot of the materials - tub, sinks, tile, grout, vanities, toilets, etc. Jon and Shane were there to answer any and all questions we had about type, size, measurements, etc. Some of the items we were not able to have shipped to the house or not able to fit in our cars, Jon and Shane were always willing and able to pick up the items from the store and bring them to our house. During all phases of the remodel including demolition, the "mess" was always contained to just the master bedroom and bath. The only disruption throughout the process was that we chose to stay in another room during the whole process, but the workers would arrive after we left for work and would be gone before we arrived home which was nice as we could continue on like normal. At the end of the whole process, we were left with a master bathroom that is absolutely amazing and just the way we hoped it would look. Working with Jon and Shane was a breeze. Our preferred method of communication is email and Jon and Shane always replied to our many emails very quickly even though I?m sure they were very busy. We would definitely use Apex Contractors, Inc in the future for any more remodeling work we'd like done.

Description of Work
Master bath remodel

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

02/03/2015

Margaret N.

Didn't respond to e-mail.

Description of Work
Nothing. Didn't respond to request.

01/29/2015

David W.

I left Jon a message and he called back within 15 minutes. Jon is so backlogged with work that he was regrettably unable to provide a quote at this time. It was his feeling that he can not service his existing contracts and take on new ones without quality suffering. I commend Jon for being honest up front and turning away business (which has to be hard for someone in business for himself) rather than engage in a situation that will just lead to regret on both sides. I hope he frees up sooner and can provide me a quote...and even do the remodel, regardless, he seems like an honest person to do business with.

Description of Work
I called Jon for an estimate to remodel a bathroom

Category remodeling, home remodeling

06/13/2014

Kathryn R.

Apex was initially contracted to remove two load bearing walls. The work included engineering drawings and permitting from the city of Dania Beach. We ended up hiring them to also rework the electrical in the kitchen (installed 8 LED high hats, LED under cabinet lighting), replace wooden framing that had termite damage, and running new electrical in our laundry room. It was a pleasure doing business with Apex and I would recommend then whole heartedly to anyone looking for a contractor. Communication was excellent; Jon kept us fully informed of progress during both the permitting and implementation phase. They were responsive to all texts and phone calls and were pretty much available day and night. The work itself was impeccable. On several occasions they went above and beyond the scope of the work that was contracted to them and gave valuable advice on other remodeling work that we were carrying out that was outside the scope of their project. Great guys; highly recommended.

Description of Work
Removed two load bearing walls and electrical work in kitchen

Category electrician, remodeling

05/18/2014

Richard G.

In November 2013, I contracted Apex Construction to remodel a bathroom after it was severely damaged from a water leak from the apartment above. The excellent workmanship, professionalism and positive attitude of Jon Morganstine and his workers was simply remarkable, especially as their estimate beat three other experienced contractors. They professionally prepared a negative air pressure dust containment, isolating the work area to prevent the spread of any airborne mold during the removal of the damaged drywall, and cleaned all surfaces after the demolition with antimicrobial solution. Their plumber is a graduate of a grueling multi-year union apprentice program, so that part of the work was aced. The tile work was also satisfactory. The condominium association put up every obstacle in the book, but Jon kept his cool throughout - he could win a Nobel Peace Prize for what he went through. Jon communicated closely with me throughout the job by email, and sent photos of the work, as I had to be out of town. The work went smoothly and finished on time and on budget. A subsequent test by a licensed mold assessor showed no significant mold spores. If you do business with Apex, rest easy, you’re gonna get a high quality job at a competitive price.

Description of Work
complete bathroom remodel following extensive water damage due to pipe leak from apartment above. New shower pan, valves, fixtures. New sink console and faucet. New toilet, valves, seal. New tile and dry wall and paint throughout. New frameless glass shower door.

Category home remodeling

05/18/2014

Richard G.

In November 2013, I contracted Apex Construction to remodel a bathroom after it was severely damaged from a water leak from the apartment above. The excellent workmanship, professionalism and positive attitude of Jon Morganstine and his workers was simply remarkable, especially as their estimate beat three other experienced contractors. They professionally prepared a negative air pressure dust containment, isolating the work area to prevent the spread of any airborne mold during the removal of the damaged drywall, and cleaned all surfaces after the demolition with antimicrobial solution. Their plumber is a graduate of a grueling multi-year union apprentice program, so that part of the work was aced. The tile work was also satisfactory. The condominium association put up every obstacle in the book, but Jon kept his cool throughout - he could win a Nobel Peace Prize for what he went through. Jon communicated closely with me throughout the job by email, and sent photos of the work, as I had to be out of town. The work went smoothly and finished on time and on budget. A subsequent test by a licensed mold assessor showed no significant mold spores. If you do business with Apex, rest easy, you?re gonna get a high quality job at a competitive price.

Description of Work
complete remodel of bathroom after extensive water damage from leak in apartment above

04/13/2014

monik L.

Came out to look at the job, did not follow up with the estimate. I called to leave messages, and even sent direct texts with no response. Unprofessional.

Description of Work
Came out to look at the job.

Category remodeling

Thank you for your feedback. Although we strive to be perfect, it is possible that an estimate may have been overlooked or a phone call might not have be returned so quickly. As we employ certain protocols in place to prevent such a thing from happening, it is a rare occurrence. Calling us “unprofessional” seems a little harsh but we can understand the frustration of not getting a returned phone call if one was placed or a proposal if one was expected. We apologize for any hardships that we may have caused this person and we hope they were able to accomplish what they needed to regarding the work they wanted done.

01/30/2014

Patricia R.

Category remodeling

We always appreciate feedback from customers whether they are positive or negative as it allows our company to develop and evolve to provide the best customer service possible to our customers. This particular member that submitted a review was very lovely to deal with and wanted numerous options available for their remodeling project in their home. As they did not have any written plans of what they wanted, we spent a significant amount of time reviewing the alternative approaches to their project and put together a proposal with many options. After our initial meeting and submission of the proposal to the potential client, we never heard back from them. We are aware of our pricing methodology and what the competitive rates are for the work to be accomplished. As a company, Apex Contractors Inc certainly values the opinions of others. However, the validity of the opinion expressed to us and to the public regarding our company is important to us. This particular member did not contract Apex Contractors, Inc for any work that was performed. In the review, it expresses that work was indeed performed when it was not. In all of our years of doing business, we have never had a customer who contracted with us express a negative opinion to us regarding our pricing structure. We stand by our work and we always strive to exceed performance expectations and to make our customers happy. It is a competitive market out there and we understand that each person has their own set of values and their own expectations of market pricing. We just wanted to clarify what transpired with this particular review and we look forward to working with future customers. Thank you.

12/23/2013

Annette N.

We recently moved into a home that requires quite a bit of renovation. As such, we have had many contractors and services providers over the last 6+ months. Of all the people who have done work for us, Apex Contractors (Jon & Shane) have been by far the best. From the initial referral/contact with them, they have been extremely responsive, prompt, honest, detail-oriented and professional. Specifically, the job involved installing a ceiling/floor to the front entry way of our home (to create a functional space on the 2nd floor of our home.) The work they did was beautiful and it came out even better than we expected. Throughout the duration of the project, Jon and Shane gave us daily updates and completed the work well within the time promised. In addition, while working in our home, they were extremely neat and tidy and we never felt any intrusion although they were working all day in our living space. I am, overall, extremely happy with Apex Contractors and all aspects of the work they did... and I am already looking into having them begin the next project in our home. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Description of Work
Created a ceiling/floor in my front entryway ultimately creating an additional office space on our 2nd floor. They completed all aspects related to the job -- drywall, flooring, insulation, electrical, baseboards, etc...

10/13/2013

Chris B.

Since we have purchased our first home back in 2010, we have been using Apex Contractors for all of our home projects. They have beautified our bathroom, bedrooms, living areas, and backyard. Their pricing is fair and they complete each project to beyond our expectations. I wouldn't think of hiring anyone else and recommend them to all my friends and family. If you want a quality, professional job every time, this is the company you want working for you!

Description of Work
Bedrooms and bathroom remodel, lighting/electrical work, crown molding, custom outdoor bar and pergola build.

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

10/12/2013

Jessica L.

Apex Contractors was a pleasure to deal with. They came out to my house the same day I called for an appointment and discussed the project with us while pointing out other unforeseen issues that my husband and I did not even realize. They provided with us with a quote extremely quickly which was very impressive. John and Shane were very attentive, reliable, trustworthy and communicative while remodeling my kitchen & bathroom. I will definitely use them again for future renovations. Thank you Apex Contractors for making this remodel so easy for me and my husband!

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen and a bathroom

Category home remodeling

08/27/2013

stephen W.

I contacted Apex Contractors, Inc on a referral from a friend. I was quickly able to schedule them to meet at my home. Jon (the contractor) and one of his associates walked through the home with me and we went over each item one by one as they measured and took notes. There were a couple items that I was unsure about, like the type of granite I wanted to use, and they brought back samples the following day (which was very helpful!). They provided a fair quote to me in a timely manner and I decided to go ahead with them. They were a pleasure to deal with during the entire project. They kept everything clean and meticulous. However, the most impressive thing to me was how openly and honestly they communicating with me during the process. My new kitchen looks awesome! The granite looks great and all the appliances fit perfectly. They even installed an electric wine cellar for me. You can?t even tell that there used to be a wall partition dividing the kitchen from the living room that they removed. The interior of my house was made with the old plaster/stucco walls and was quite a handful to deal with but they never complained and did great job. My bathrooms came out great too. Marble floors and walls, new wood cabinets, granite counters, shower enclosure, and a new wall mirror with sconces. In the guest bath, they did the shower enclosure with the pebbled stone I picked out and it looks great. The rest of the bath I did with porcelain tile and a granite counter with a glass bowl sink. I also had them create a built-in closet for me and it came out perfect. At the end of the day, I was very happy I chose Apex Contractors, Inc. They were great to deal with and finished my project on time. I would recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
We recently purchased a home that needed some remodeling work done in the kitchen, master bathroom/closet, and guest bathroom. House was built in the 1950's and we wanted a new kitchen and bath.

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

08/24/2013

Jody S.

When we initially contracted Apex Contractors over the phone they were extremely courteous and friendly. They scheduled a time to come out the following day as we requested and they were on time. Jon, the general contractor, came out to the house and we walked through the various rooms and we told him what we wanted. We wanted new flooring, cabinetry, sinks, and granite counters in both locations. We had to modify a wall in the bathroom to make room for the expanded shower enclosure. Anyhow, we thought the price was great for all the work that needed to be done. Once they commenced the work, they were extremely clean and meticulous with everything they worked on. An owner from the company was always on site when the work was being performed. In fact they were so clean, I even joked that they should be in the house cleaning service industry! My kitchen and bathroom turned out beautiful and Apex Contractors were wonderful to deal with. They communicated their status of the project constantly to me and finished the project on time as discussed. I would highly recommend this company to anyone interested in remodeling their home.

Description of Work
We needed a complete remodel of our kitchen and our master bathroom.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

Five Stars Countertops

We are OPEN and professionally ready to assist you with our services during these circumstances. We care about our clients health as well as our employees so we are practicing safe distancing and have the proper gear to keep you and our employees safe. Call today for an estimate 9547164600

Air America A/C Heating & Refrigeration LLC

An Air Conditioning Company You Can Trust Air America Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration LLC, is a customer service driven and an owner supervised company that delivers unparalleled quality in installing, servicing, and maintaining all types of heating and air conditioning comfort systems. Our President and General Manager, Dominick Manzo, reflects, “We started as a service company that has grown from a two man, one truck company, to an entire fleet of radio dispatched trucks that are all computer inventoried, fully stocked and professionally staffed. Our core product over the past two decades has been and always will be customer satisfaction.” Air America maintains both a service division as well as a full installation division. “This enables us to send the most qualified, licensed and factory trained technicians to our customers.,” “We send professional installers to install high quality product and skilled technicians to service and maintain all types of equipment.” Air America is fully licensed and insured and is a member of the Better Business Bureau, Local Chamber of Commerce & FPL Participating Contractor.

Ruiz & Son Electrical Corp

Always on time or the service is free.. Serving south Florida proudly since 1994 Family owned and operated. Always at your service 24/7 . 365 days . Best quality and best affordable prices. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal

Remodeling-general, kitchen &bathroom. Custom home design & building. Home additions.

Unfortunately, we are not presently offering roof repairs.