A-1 Custom Mica Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since July 2010

A family business since 1987, striving in building quality, custom-made cabinetry at reasonable pricing. We are also experts in resurfacing existing cabinetry. Whether it be your kitchen, bathroom, home office, or commercial project, we can make your dream cabinets a reality! Visit u online at www.A1CustomCabinetry.com and call today for a free estimate!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+116 more images

cabinet makers (63)cabinet refacing (34)home remodeling (19)woodworking (15)countertop installation (12)plumbers (3)handyman (2)lawn care (1)

09/15/2022

Thomas H.

I highly recommend Chris and A-1 Custom Mica. Chris was extremely reliable and constant communicator throughout the process of building and installing my new kitchen cabinets. Excellent workmanship.

Description of Work
new custom kitchen cabinets

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/16/2022

06/16/2021

ANGIE L.

A-1 Custom Mica built a custom wall unit for our living room. Chris was incredibly easy to work with. He spent many hours with us during several trips to our home to work through all the design details. On the day of install, his team was professional and efficient. The final product is stunning and we're really impressed with its quality. We are excited to hire A-1 Custom Mica later this year to design and build cabinets for our kitchen renovation.

Description of Work
custom cabinet wall unit for living room

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

Review for A-1 Custom Mica Inc - 5805 Plunkett St, Hollywood, FL - 39372461

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was our pleasure to work with you, and we are looking forward to the future kitchen project! The wall unit looks beautiful!

05/13/2021

Lynch H.

We previously hired A-1 and were so pleased that we used them again . .and will continue. I also recommend their expertise and quality to others in need of similar work.

Description of Work
table

Category custom cabinets, custom furniture

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

05/06/2021

Lisa S.

Chris from A1 Custom Mica did a great job on some kitchen projects. He built a framed wine rack to fit in an existing niche, rejuvenated a kitchen desk with refaced drawers and the addition of two large drawers, and did baseboards throughout the kitchen. He did excellent work at a reasonable price. He gave me a time frame and stuck to it, and confirmed our appointment and came on time. I can completely recommend Chris and A1 Custom Mica.

Description of Work
Refacing kitchen drawers, adding kitchen drawers, wine rack, kitchen baseboards

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

07/18/2020

John W.

Outstanding, meticulous cabinetry skills! Timely, affordable and beyond the original scope of job!!

Description of Work
bar resurfacing/remodeling

Work Completed On 07/18/2020

06/25/2020

Randi G.

I can’t say enough good things about Chris and A-1 Custom Mica. He was EXTREMELY professional and did EXACTLY what I wanted!! They were prompt and efficient and really surpassed my expectations!!! I HIGHLY recommend them for any cabinets or shelving. GREAT JOB!!!!

Description of Work
Pantry shelves

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

Review for A-1 Custom Mica Inc - 5805 Plunkett St, Hollywood, FL - 38670177

08/21/2019

Alanna W.

The work is top notch and his professionalism and response time was amazing. I highly recommend using A-1 Custom Mica, Inc.

Description of Work
Chris refaced all my cabinets and also added some additional cabinets and a customized pantry.

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 07/08/2019

Thank you for the review of your experience! It was a pleasure to work with you [Member Name Removed]

08/19/2019

Alli R.

Chris is amazing. He is honest and does great work.

Description of Work
Needed pullout drawers in my kitchen and bathrooms.

Work Completed On 08/19/2019

Thank you so much for the review!

08/17/2019

Nancy K.

Chris came on time for the estimate, and explained in detail the different options available to me. When the time came for the installation, again Chris was right on time and I am very happy with the work he performed. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

Thank you for the review of your experience [Member Name Removed]. It is our priority to be as professional with everything we do from the initial appointments all the way to final installation. It was a pleasure to work with you. Please keep us in mind for any future projects. Chris www.facebook.com/A1CustomMica

06/18/2019

Denise B.

The whole process went very smooth. Chris came out to my house to measure my kitchen and came with a bunch a samples to choose from. It took a several weeks for my cabinets to be made but Chris kept in contact with me to give me updates on the progress. On the day of the install there was a crew of three people, so the job was completed quickly and they left my house clean. I am extremely happy with my cabinets. Not only did they come out beautiful, you can tell the craftsmanship is superior.

Description of Work
New cabinets

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

Thank you so much for your review!

06/17/2019

MARC G.

This is the rare company that shows up on time, gives a really fair estimate, delivers on time, installs neatly and is a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
New bathroom vanity and kitchen pullouts in lower kitchen cabinets

Work Completed On 06/17/2019

Thank you for the review! We take pride on staying on schedule and delivering what is expected. Please keep us in mind for any future projects.

06/14/2019

Virginia O.

It went extremely well! Chris is terrific to work with. He hooked us up with a handyman and granite person and he coordinated the job with them We highly recommend this company

Description of Work
Refaced cabinets in kitchen and bathrooms; new countertops

Category custom cabinets, countertops, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

Thank you so much for the review! I hope you enjoy the new look to the kitchen and bathroom vanities!

01/26/2019

Elena I.

we had just purchased an apartment that was completely modern except for the kitchen. The kitchen was very old and outdated from the 1990s. We were very impressed with the reviews this company had on Angie's List so we decided to give it a try. From the very beginning working with Chris was a pleasure. He was incredibly responsive and offered a lot of ideas to not only help our kitchen look more modern but also to save us money here and there. I spoke to several other companies that were not as responsive or as willing to work with us. Chris answered all of my texts and phone calls with a fast turnaround and was here to do the job when he said he would. Incredibly enough he was able to complete the job in one day! The kitchen looks beautiful as you can see from the pictures. I highly recommend Chris and this wonderful company for any restoration needs. They really made the kitchen look absolutely brand new at half the cost.

Description of Work
kitchen cabinet resurfacing

Category countertops, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure to work with you!

11/16/2018

Lou T.

My wife and I want to start by saying that we are repeat customers. This is the seventh time we have used A-1 Custom Mica. Mike, with A-1 Custom Mica, is very knowledgeable and is truly a wizard. His knowledge of cabinets, cabinet layouts, and design is truly impressive. We have one more project for Mike.Then are sad to say, we have run out of projects. We would recommend Mike and A-1 Custom Mica to family, friends and anyone else that would be willing to listen.

Description of Work
Had the bathroom cabinets reworked.

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

09/01/2018

Michael H.

A-1 Custom Mica are the best! Chris and his crew made our kitchen look 100% brand new and beautiful and at a great price. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Kitchen Refacing

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/01/2018

Thank you so much for the review! It is amazing how different a kitchen can look after a resurface job.

07/12/2018

Lisa S.

We had to have a new cabinet built to replace one that was damaged by a water leak. From initial meeting to install, he kept in touch with dates, times etc. The whole job was completed and we are very happy with the result. It went so well we had him measure for new cabinets in our laundry room.

Description of Work
Chris built a kitchen cabinet

Work Completed On 07/11/2018

06/24/2018

Anita G.

I am thrilled with the cabinet. Working with Chris was a pleasant, easy experience. He is available when you call. He arrived on time. Will definitely use him for my kitchen project.

Description of Work
Bathroom cabinet refacing and adding an additional cabinet

Work Completed On 06/21/2018

05/12/2018

Tanya C.

Great work. Reliable and responsive

Description of Work
Cabinets refacing

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

05/12/2018

Tanya C.

Chris and his team did a great job! Everything was delivered as promised and on schedule. Very unique for this region. Exceptional quality of work and great service. Would strongly recommend this Company for any kitchen remodeling job.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen cabinet doors and installed pullouts

Work Completed On 04/25/2018

Thank you so much for the review of your experience! It is what keeps us going! So happy you like the new look to your kitchen. It was a pleasure. -Chris

04/24/2018

Matt P.

Chris did a great job in my kitchen. From the first call until the job was finished, his attention to detail and customer service skills are far above what I've come to expect from most vendors. Chris was onsite each day making sure the job was done right. Communication was great, installation was exactly as promised and I'm happy with the result.

Description of Work
Resurface existing kitchen and bathroom cabinets with new laminate doors

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

Thank you so much for the review! It is our goal to meet and exceed all of our customer's expectations. So happy you had a great experience. -Chris

04/16/2018

David B.

From pricing to installation, timelines were punctual as offered. Finished product was detailed with attention. We certainly would recommend A-! Custom MICA as a very reasonable & reliable contractor.

Description of Work
INSTALLED NEW CABINETS IN 2BR/2BATH CONDO.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 04/11/2018

Thank you for the review! It truly means a lot. I appreciate it! -Chris

03/22/2018

Morton D.

excellent ,would highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet resurfacing and door replacement

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/22/2019

03/22/2018

Morton D.

If only I could experience the same high degree of punctuality, professionalism, competence, and cooperativeness I just had with Chris's and his workers, with every company I employ, life would be grand indeed. Chris is a man who takes pride in his work and his goal is to please. He exceeded my wife and my expectations (and we are fussy). I would recommend his services without qualification.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet resurfacing, repair and construction

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, cabinet refacing