Blinds By Design Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2006

432 Long and Winding Road

Groveland, FL 34737

We take the difficulty, frustration and guesswork out of purchasing window treatments. Our staff is certified by most major manufactures and will bring our mobile showroom which contains over 7000 samples directly to your home. Products in stores or showrooms look very different compared to the lighting in your home or business in which the product is going to operate. Blinds By Design is family owned and operated by a third generation engineer and ex-military veteran. Our business was founded upon the principles of " Honesty - Integrity & Affordability ". Having actually worked for a major plantation shutter manufacture, our profound knowledge and expertise clearly is evident by the attention to detail and look of the finished product. Our company carries ALL major manufacture brands and specializes in motorized blinds and shades. Please take a moment to read our reviews and note that we are the highest ranking window treatment contractor in all of Central Florida who does not advertise with Angies List. We appreciate all of those who have been gracious enough to have supported us and provide their feedback in the form of reviews. Call us today for a free in-home consultation and let us show you why we continue to win this annual award....

08/23/2017

Marilyn M.

From my first contact with Doug, he and Maria were wonderful to work with. They were both professional and personable and very responsive with my inquiries. My plantation shutters were installed quickly and efficiently and with great care. The shutters look beautiful throughout the home and I am very happy with all aspects of working with Doug and Maria. I would highly recommend and would certainly contact them in the future for window treatments.

Description of Work
Installation of plantation shutters for a new home.

07/04/2017

Kathlyn A.

Doug and Maria were awesome! They were professional, prompt, and were very responsive with our inquiries. We had another company come in and appraised what we needed for our window treatments but are very happy that we went with Doug and Maria! Our blinds and cellular shades were installed as expected and we believe we got our money's worth. We went through a very smooth transaction with no stress and no headache! Thank you!!

Description of Work
Window Treatment - Blinds & Cellular Shades

08/12/2016

RUTH S.

Doug and Maria are awesome!!! So glad they are the one we picked. From our very first meeting, their knowledge, professionalism and expertise were just what we were looking for. We got what we wanted, installed in time for our move into our new home, and now enjoying the fruits of their labor! They are a precious couple who work well together. Any questions or help we needed after the job was completed, they were more than happy to answer and help. They were there for us through the whole process. Recommend them very highly. They will get the job done!

Description of Work
Help with design, ordering, installation of all window treatments for new home.

01/08/2016

Philip C.

We had such a positive experience with Blinds by Design in September that we recommended Doug and Maria to our family who built a new home just down the road from us. Once again, from initial contact to final installation Doug and Maria really go above and beyond. They made multiple trips to the house during construction to finalize measurements and the design. Scheduling was right on. They made sure orders were placed and that everything was ready by the time the house closed so a speedy installation could be done. They were also kind enough to re-schedule the install due to a change in the closing date and accommodate us during the busy holiday schedule. Doug and Maria are professional, provide quality products, great advice, exceptional installation services and are among the nicest people you are likely to meet. It is truly a pleasure doing business with them. Have no hesitations or doubts about this company. They come with the highest recommendation possible.

Description of Work
Whole House Window Treats including Plantation Shutters for Windows and Vertical Blinds for Sliding Glass Doors.

10/19/2015

Rachel M.

Doug and Maria were very professional and knowledgable. Compared quotes from different companies and their price was only slightly higher but for a better quality product. Very happy with the results!

Description of Work
Installed blinds and custom plantation shutters

10/19/2015

Jim S.

Professionalism and excellent service from the initial estimate all the way through the final shutters install. I ended up selecting Blinds By Design to provide plantation shutters for my new home after getting estimates from several suppliers I found here on Angie's List. Their price was competitive and they presented a large variety of quality products and options that meet my requirements after talking about what I wanted for the house. The lead time to receive the shutters was consistent with all of the top reviewed companies here on Angie's List. There was one issue with the kitchen window, as a result of finish-out to the house that happened between measuring the windows and the blinds coming in. Though the issue was not the fault of Blinds by Design by any means, and they certainly had no obligation to solve the issue... they were very quick to offer solutions and helped solve the problem in a way that was the most budget friendly. Doug and Maria take great pride in being precise and client service oriented. I wish more contractors and suppliers ran their business with as much integrity and professional as they do. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for blinds, shutters or shades for their home.

Description of Work
Plantation shutters for entire house.

10/12/2015

MICHAELLA S.

Blinds by Design, (Doug & Maria), personally came to the house for the initial consultation and to measure our windows, and I received my quote at the time of their visit. I also received one competitive bid from another highly-recommended Angie's List vendor, which was slightly less, but we chose Blinds by Design because the plantation shutters were solid-poly (versus composite), and were manufactured locally in Orlando (versus China). The turnaround time from the order date to the installation was better than expected and the customer service was exceptional. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
Installed plantation shutters and faux wood blinds

09/28/2015

Sharon H.

Included in updating my ten year old home was replacing wooden blinds with plantation shutters. I had several bids and found this one was competitive. Also, at the consultation I was given an education about the difference in construction of the competitor shutters versus those supplied by Blinds by Design, which sealed the deal. Doug and Maria were very professional, informative and reliable. They took their time with me to answer all questions, offered advise on the best choice of options for each window, and went above and beyond by helping me choose a carpet color for my updating project. The shutters were ready exactly when promised. They were installed today and everything was perfectly measured and look great. The installers were fast and professional. Doug called shortly thereafter to make sure I was happy with shutters and the whole process. I am happy and highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Supplied plantation shutters for most windows in my home.

09/15/2015

Marlon O.

Douglas and Maria are a great team. Professional, punctual, and service-oriented. Their product is excellent and their customer service amazing. They are one of the very few, select vendors who actually delivered and installed the product on-time, on the day we had agreed on. We are very happy with the window treatments we purchased from them, and would certainly recommend them to anyone else looking for a great product and great service.

Description of Work
Furnish and Install window treatments (plantation shutters and blinds)

09/13/2015

Thuntanat R.

Doug and Maria are a very good team. They have a wide variety of great collection for blinds and shades.

Description of Work
Install shades and blinds.

Florida
    State of Florida
    05/07/2016
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Plantation shutters, motorized shades, roller shades, solar shades, cellular shades, roman shades, faux wood blinds, REAL wood blinds, as well as most Hunter Douglas products.

Mini Blinds and Verticals