JW Freeman Plumbing

Founded 2008 • With Angi since March 2010

PO Box 140335

Gainesville, FL 32614

J. W. Freeman Plumbing is a full-service plumbing company specializing in remodels, repipes and repairs. We want our customers to feel comfortable with our work and we will take the time to explain the problem, possible causes, and the best solution for your specific situation. We currently service Gainesville, Alachua, Williston, Archer, Newberry, High Springs and most areas surrounding Gainesville, FL. Telephone: (352) 316-3229 Email Service@jwfreemanplumbing.com License CFC1427641 www.jwfreemanplumbing.com...

06/25/2021

Jan R.

The best plumbing company that we have used during the 30 years lived in Gainesville. Top-notch employees and office staff. Always professional and willing to help. Our last rep John was outstanding. Their employees always speak highly of the people they work for.

Description of Work
faucet installation and repair.

Category plumbing

We are happy to hear that we are your go-to plumbing company for the past 30 years! Thank you for trusting us with all of your plumbing needs, [Member Name Removed].

02/18/2021

B G.

Fellow showed up promptly, had a mask on, and completed my tasks in reasonable time. Answered my questions pleasantly. I had another item on my list that I (mentally) took off, but he had been briefed and asked about that item. Let’s hear it for Peter!

Description of Work
Replacement of disposal, clearing of bathtub drain

12/13/2020

Jan R.

Excellent, The technicians have always been highly skilled, professional and friendly. The cost has always been very reasonable. The best plumbing company that I have worked with in Gainesville. Lived here almost 30 years.

Description of Work
Water heater, general plumbing

09/10/2020

Joanne O.

Professional and friendly service. Excellent workmanship. Chase cleaned my entire bathroom floor after toilet repair. I appreciated the cleaning considering that I am a senior citizen. I would refer family and friends to J.W Freeman Plumbing.

Description of Work
Toilet repair and clogged drain

06/26/2020

Jing L.

Upon inspection they said the main drain was clogged and they would unblock it for 350 dollars. Yeah, 350 dollars! We foolishly accepted. They also said there were no leaks. A month later the main drain is blocked again and water is leaking out of the joints. When I called to complain all I could do was leave a message for a return call and they never returned the call. They are price gougers and when you call to have them correct their work they ignore you. I would avoid them at all costs.

Description of Work
Main drain unblocked, find any leaks.

04/24/2020

Maria I V.

JW Freeman diagnosed the moisture on the exterior wall immediately and offered a great solution at an affordable price. After changing the damaged pipe, they recommended a very skilled mason to restore the cement blocks that had to be replaced after doing the repair. I am extremely pleased with the labor performed. I also want to praised the plumbers of JW Freeman for their expertise and professional behavior. I recommend this business without reservations.

Description of Work
Replaced pipe located in exterior cement block wall

03/10/2020

Patricia K.

I highly recommend and could not be happier with their service. After reading several recommendations on my neighborhood website I called and Brent was here within a couple of hours. He did the trouble shooting, explained everything as he went and using a camera was able to locate the blockage in the line and clear it. He also answered several questions I had. He is far from the stereotypical plumber. He was especially congenial, professional and efficient.

Description of Work
All of the toilets in the house backed up.

09/09/2019

Dr. Barbara P.

Excellent. Been using him for years. And workers are good. Never had a complaint. Recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Shower repair

09/24/2018

Eric J.

I was very pleased with the work done.

Description of Work
General plumbing, including new toilet and hot water heater installation.

05/04/2018

Robert H.

Great experience. We needed a 30 year old water heater on the verge of failure replaced. This was the third A rated plumber I called. The first two went to voicemail. This company had a live person answering. I described my need and they had an opening the same afternoon! They sent a crew of two very competent professional young men over with a new water heater. They had the old one out, installed a new valve and lines and we're done in less than two hours. Highly recommended, I will send them all my work in the future.

Description of Work
Water heater needed

Category water heater repair

04/28/2018

Stephen M.

Had a bad leak from a shower valve and needed the shower valve assembly replaced in a mobile home that I rent out. Made one call to JW Plumbing and they set up the appointment with the Tennent and gave me an estimate. They called me and explained my options and cost. I gave them the go ahead and they ordered the part and installed it 2 days later. Everything went smooth and the Tennent said they were courteous and worked diligently. They billed me for the job exactly what they quoted me. As the property owner it was great to be able to billed for the service and have the work done without going to the mobile home.

Description of Work
Needed a shower valve assembly replaced at rental

03/21/2018

Andy G.

Our water heater expansion tank pipe had rusted. The toilet wasn't working optimally either. I called J W Freeman plumbing and they gave me a quick appointment. BJ the person who came for the repair was very nice and hardworking. He made sure every repair was done in a timely fashion, ensured there was no leak (there was one and he fixed it) and cleaned up very nicely. Answered all my questions. Overall, a very excellent experience.

Description of Work
Replacing expansion tank pipe and toilet repair

Category plumbing, water heater repair

10/03/2017

Richard M.

I' ve had them out twice in the last month for separate problems. They did an excellent job both times. Excellent work. they were in and out quickly. Very clean, nice. They got here quickly and on time. They gave me a two-hour window and showed up right at the start of that window. They called me ahead of time before showing up. The price was pretty good too and lower than I expected. They asked us a few questions about what the problem was.

Description of Work
They rebuilt a toilet for me, redid the plumbing.

10/03/2017

Richard M.

I had them back a second time because they did a good job the first time and they did a good job the second time. That was roughly an hour of work. I thought that was interesting. I think $130 is a reasonable job for two men. They actually showed up 30 minutes before the start of the two-hour window. They called us early to ask if it was okay to come early and we said yes.

Description of Work
I had a kitchen drain clog up on me.

10/02/2017

Rae J.

It was a bit spendy, but the toilet is a Kohler and when I priced that model at the do it yourself stores, it seemed to fall in the normal price range. I originally made an appointment for a couple of weeks later because it was in my guest bathroom and I wasn't in a hurry. They called me back and said they had one and could come at 8:00 the next morning. They were actually a couple of minutes early and were out by 9:00. They cleaned up after themselves. They took away the old one, so I didn't have to deal with getting it carted away.

Description of Work
Installed a new toilet.

Category plumbing

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to do that for us, especially on Angie's List. The Kohler brand toilet is normally quoted at $485, including labor, materials and toilet, with a choice of elongated or round front, ADA or regular height. We are very glad we could help, and will pass your great comments on to the techs who were there that day. We look forward to serving you again.

05/22/2017

Nancy M.

Very well. did work quickly. on time, courteous

Description of Work
Putting in a new water heater

Category water heater repair

Hi Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the positive review! We really appreciate it and try to take very good care of our customers. We look forward to serving you in the future!

05/01/2017

Shawna D.

They were excellent. The employee that answered the phone was polite, understanding, and accommodating, and she was able to schedule me as the first customer. She told me that after I hang up, the plumbers will be at my home within 30 minutes; and sure enough they were there on time. The were helpful and knowledgeable. They explained everything that was wrong and informed me what they were going to do to fix my problem (it was a minor fix-that caused a lot of problems). I told them that they were definitely getting brownie points from the universe and they will be rewarded.

Description of Work
Apparently, my irrigation pipe connected to the water main decided to burst in the middle of the night. After finally having a neighbor turn off my water main for me (that's another story). I was in need of a plumber ASAP! I called around numerous places that told me my first available appt. would be in the afternoon (for example at 3 pm). However, after battling a geyser of a leak since 4 in the morning, I needed someone to come out first thing. Thus, I was lucky enough to call JW Freeman.

Category plumbing

Thank you for such a great review! One of the things our service manager, Jimmy Lane, stresses to the guys is to explain to the homeowner what they find, and what options they have. We want our customers informed and satisfied. Thank you again. It's very appreciated.

04/12/2017

Richard W.

called at 2 pm came same day called ahead to give an ETA arrived jumped right on on it and fixed another problem for the same price. Really good people. Fast and fair and honest. I wouldn't use anybody else.

Description of Work
have used them several times. Each time for something else always friendly courteous and careful. most recent was a valve that would not turn off and a toilet that would not stop running.

Thank you for the review, [Member Name Removed]. It's appreciated! James

03/22/2017

Bill or Cyndi C.

We did a complete remodel of our master bathroom, to include relocating the vanity, shower and toilet. JW Freeman did a fantastic job both in assessing our options, as well as performing the work. We will definitely be contacting them for our future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Plumbing our Master Bathroom

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate it. James

02/02/2017

Jim F.

Very well prompt and dependable service.

Description of Work
General plumbing repairs.

Category plumbing

Thank you very much for the review, Mr. [Member Name Removed]! We are glad to help!

01/02/2017

Robert N.

It took the plumber about twenty minutes to clear it and check to make sure it worked. He was very pleasant and very thorough. I would, definitely, use them again.

Description of Work
Had a clogged sewer line that needed to be cleared

Category plumbing

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate it, and look forward to serving you in the future.

12/02/2016

sanjay D.

Very smooth process. Plumber Clark very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. Quickly cleared obstructions using big drain snake device. No scuffs/stains on toilet bowl and made sure shower drain clear. Gave some helpful advice on other work I may do in the future. A quality individual working for a quality company, which I've repeatedly been impressed with.

Description of Work
Toilet and shower drain were nearly plugged

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for the review! We'll make sure Clark sees your comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.

11/29/2016

Eric P.

The plumber arrived on time. I have an older home and the plumbing configuration is not up to today's standards. They ended up sending a three person crew (including the owner) to take care of it. I was only charged for the one person and they stayed late to get it completely fixed in addition to taking care of the other minor tasks.

Description of Work
I had a major clog and also needed some simple service to a water heater and hose bib.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are glad to hear this issue worked out well for you, and James was glad to stay to help make sure that happened. Thanks so much for the review.

08/27/2016

Charles K.

They arrived a little sooner than I expected. A snake was used twice but it didn't do any good. Then a buildup of crystallized material was removed that had accumulated at the outlet of a water jet at the bottom of the bowl. That greatly improved the way the bowl drained. The leak of the faucet was fixed at the same time by a second worker.

Description of Work
A toilet was draining too slowly and a spigot was leaking.

Category plumbing

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review. It means a lot to us. Glad it worked out well.

04/04/2016

Jenny P.

Mr. Freeman is my knight in shining armor. I have been using his company for about five years now. I have never encountered a plumber so kind and genuinely interested in helping people with their problems. Plumbing is not a glamorous job and when people need a plumber its not under the best of circumstances so I can tell you if you are in that situation, you need JW Freeman Plumbing! His company is courteous, prompt, professional and you need not have any worries if you call them. Their prices a very fair and they are thorough. They also stand behind the work they do. I have, and will continue to, recommend them to everyone I know, they have never let me down. If this sounds like I am an extremely happy customer, I am, and that is because they are the best!

Description of Work
Fixed a leak in a copper pipe under a concrete slab.

Category plumbing

What a fabulous review! Thank you so much for posting it. We look forward to continue serving you with excellent service.

GPS Home Service Specialists

We are an interior/exterior home remodeling company.

Oroscos Flooring Design & Renovations

We are a dedicated family remodeling business with 30+ years of experience. The advantage of hiring our company is that we perform most of our own work with several in-house crews, eliminating the scheduling nightmare of using subcontractors. We pride ourselves on using primarily word of mouth advertising through high quality craftsmanship.

Golden Hammer Construction

Golden Hammer Construction is a full service general contracting company based in Gainesville, FL. We provide a wide range of construction and remodeling solutions for your residential and commercial projects. We provide the critical service of helping homeowners and business owners with the expertise needed to build, add to, and maintain their homes and business facilities. If you choose to remodel, add an addition, build a new home, or need a commercial build out, our professional staff is ready to help you. We have the necessary experience to help coordinate your entire project. Our building practices and craftsmanship are second to none. We build quality, while customizing to your personal or business needs. Our goal is to meet and exceed your expectations.

Repipes, kitchen or bathroom remodeling, bathtub replacement, toilet replacements, water heater replacements & repair, low water pressure, water main replacement or repair, faucet replacement, shower valve replacement, hose spigot replacement & slow drains.