Atlas General Contracting Inc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since February 2015

2910 Hunter St

Ft Myers, FL 33916

Atlas General Contracting Inc is a state licensed and fully insured construction company specializing in new construction and remodeling for both commercial and residential buildings. We are a full service construction and development consulting firm and Florida State Licensed Commercial and

05/25/2019

Brian H.

We recently added a 3rd garage to an existing 2car garage at our home here in East Naples and made the horrible mistake of hiring JACOB H. (Atlas General Contracting Inc). We contracted (and he cashed our 1/3 down payment check) in September (2017) and did not complete the job until late December (2018). Sixteen (16) months to build a ONE car garage addition. 16 months of our property being a total mess! Months and months of having a huge dumpster in our yard ! We (and when I say WE – I mean Atlas GC) failed NINE (9) separate Collier County inspections! Delay after delay, poor quality craftsmanship, complete lack of oversight, and a large dose of ignorance was the norm throughout the entire project. We currently have 13 (and counting) large cracks in the garage floor. Despite my protests . . . they poured the concrete during a torrential downpour. It looked like watery soup when they finally covered it that day. By contrast – our existing (2 car) garage has one crack. In addition, there were gaping holes in the block walls mortar, and the list goes on & on. . . . I heard nothing but excuses and rhetoric throughout the entire project, and I’m sure his response here will be of similar character. My advice – take LOTS of pictures, keep detailed records, and stay clear of Jake H. and ATLAS GENERAL CONTRACTING.

Description of Work
Garage addition

Category concrete repair, drywall, electrician, garage doors, gutter repair, masonry, remodeling, replacement windows, garage builders, stucco

I normally would not respond to emails such as this but As with all things there 2 sides to every coin. This owner conveniently leave many factors like hurricane Irma causing the building Dept to halt all non emergency projects for many months after. Him not paying in a timely manner according to the contract causing me to halt work additional work until payment was made , And materials given to him that we’re not written on the contract that he swore he was supposed to get. I just have those owner the benefit of the doubt . His addition was completed inspected and approved at all prescibed times And inspected by him. I had to revise the prints he had approved at one point because the owner who was in construction made a mistake on the garage dimensions as well this caused another delay . Three inspections failed because duties he said he was going to perform he did not do any timely manner as he said he would this will be the last time I respond to this owners remarks . The end product blends in so well with the original house you cannot tell where his addition is I have photos if anybody would care to see them. We strive to make everybody happy but sometimes People have their own perspective of reality And forget events that occur during a project . Interesting the owner never mentions the hurricane .I doubt he believes that is even a factor and that I have the power to control the building dept. at my will. He also never told us He is parking a very heavy boat in a garage designed for a car. 2 sides to every story.

10/06/2018

Diane T.

This project has been going on for almost a year. Job started 11/7/2017. Jake Hemed is very unprofessional. He hires unskilled laborers. Many projects are done more than once. Tiles cracked. Door frames split. Put in backwards. I am aware of only one fulltime employee that seems to go to jobs to correct problems. There is one outside contractor and his son that I'm lucky to get once in awhile. The work that is completed is good. Getting there is another. Weeks will go by with no work being done and then only a couple of hours or a day. I don't get it. Cost of this project approx. $160,000.00. (valid price) Job not completed yet. Decided not to wait any longer to write review.

Description of Work
The master bathroom was remodeled first. That was a partial Veteran's Administration project. My husband is a disabled veteran. That turned out great. 3 months later we decided to make the rest of our home more accessible. We are remodeling 2 more bathrooms, kitchen, change out flooring., widen doorways.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

12/31/2017

Kimberly A.

Jim the contractor was excellent, very professional, friendly, always keeping us in the loop of everything that was happening. Kyle and Eric did a great job installing the cabinets backsplash walls and creating an exhaust for our functioning range hood and installing appliances. Jim came by several times during the month to make sure everything was going well. (we started right before hurricane Irma so she took us out of commission for a week) I would definitely use this contracting company again!! beautiful kitchen!! unfortunately these are the only 2 pictures I can upload at this time, but it is a beautiful finished kitchen! price is approximate

Description of Work
full kitchen remodel and 2ft up walls in kitchen and laundry due to flooding

Category remodeling

05/23/2017

Jacquelyn K.

They were great, respectful, on time, honest Finished job on time. Look beautiful. Would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Bathrooms and kitchen redone

Category electrician, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

05/16/2017

Elaine J.

On time and professional

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel Including cabinets, flooring and countertops

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

05/12/2017

Jennifer G.

Wonderful! We dealt with the owner personally. He was extremely professional and responsive. He listened well and met our needs and objectives 110%. We would highly recommend Jake Hemed and Atlas General Contracting

Description of Work
Custom Crown molding throughout

Category remodeling, interior painters

05/12/2017

Jim M.

It turned out better than I thought it would.

Description of Work
I had two closets two bathrooms and a wood floor done.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

04/13/2015

Judith C.

Jacob Hemed is a fair and honest man. He placed great emphasis on providing me with the materials I selected, and, I believe, accurately advised me on the good points/short comings of my selections. He is readily accessible as is his immediate support staff. When one subcontractor made several glaring errors, Mr. Hemed had these mistakes rectified forthwith. My wife and I were away during the time much of this work was accomplished and we were very pleased upon our return. Yes, I intend to hire Atlas General Contractors to finish the rest of the house.

Description of Work
While we were away half of the house was flooded because a fixture to a water closet cracked. Insurance made payment for carpet removal, mold inspection and ruined personal property. The kitchen cabinets had to be replaced, some wall board and interior repainting were needed. Additionally, since the house was pretty much as it was when built we decided on some upgrades/modernization including laminate flooring, generator hookup to main circuit board, reconfiguration of part of master bathroom. The major work is done.. What remains for the second phase are painting guest bathroom and bedrooms and some redo to the FL room and electrical configurations. Window treatment for the whole house will be a subject for discussion as three sliding doors and several windows were hung backwards when the house was built.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, generator service

Costal Communications of SWFL

Experienced in all types of Low Voltage work. 10+ years experience with CAT 5/6, CCTV, IP Cameras, and Coax. Ability to think outside the box to find the best solution.

Reliable Power Systems & Electrical Services

We are a family-run and operated business celebrating 20 years of providing trusted service. We maintain long-lasting relationships with our customers by exceeding expectations and gaining trust through exceptional performance, unparalleled service, and honest and ethical business practices. Reliable Power Systems is 100 percent dedicated to providing an outstanding experience and your complete satisfaction. About Reliable: We are a team of over 100+ experienced professionals who handle everything from start to finish. We are fully insured and carry General Liability, Fleet Insurance, and Worker’s Compensation. No Outside Contractors. Ever. All our technicians are highly trained and factory certified. We maintain a fully stocked 20,000 sq ft warehouse allowing us to rapidly respond to your needs All our team members undergo extensive background checks as well as drug testing. Reliable offers 24/7/365 service! In an emergency, our LIVE answering service will notify the on-call technician, who will return your call within 15 minutes. In addition to winning the Generac Power Pro Premier Award for the ninth consecutive year, we earned the 2021 Connectivity Kings Award, recognizing our dedication to remotely monitoring all of our customers’ generators. We received our second consecutive Generac Industry Excellence Award, the top award in the Generac organization. The prestigious honor is awarded based on our continued demonstration of excellence in selling, installing, and servicing Generac home standby generators. We thank you for the opportunity to earn your business and hope you make the Reliable choice! We look forward to welcoming you to the Reliable family.

2022 Super Service Award

Triology Restorations LLC

Triology Restorations is a IICRC certified company Licensed and insured who specializes in all Aspects of Emergency storm damage, water mitigation, restorations services, Microbial growth, fire/smoke damages and much more. All Technicians are highly trained in state of the art equipment to ensure proper restoration work is being performed at the highest level on the property .Triology Restorations protects its employees and homeowners with top personnel protective equipment and with the set up of a air tight work station with clean rooms to protect both employees and homeowners. We work with all Insurance providers from start to finish on all projects/claims. We work quickly but thoroughly so the homeowner can enjoy their home before pre-loss conditions. Please do not attempt to to remediate yourselves as homeowners until professionals assess damages so that insurance claims can be validated . We have a 24/7 hour emergency response to all customers. Please call or text 2392065245

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

New construction, additions, kitchen & bathroom remodeling, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, roofing, air conditioning, concrete & structural work, maintenance & repairs, masonry, flooring, carpentry, finishing, swimming pools & spas, fences & gates, landscaping, interior & exterior painting, decorative concrete, hurricane protection, decks, patios, sunrooms, building inspections, window & door replacement.