The Blind Shop

Founded 1984 • With Angi since November 2011

3.7

63 Beal Pkwy NE

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548

The Blind Shop can design and create the window treatments of your dreams. We offer custom pleated and sheared draperies, rod pocket draperies, bedspreads, pillow. We carry a wide variety of fabrics to choose from. Additional email - blindshop63@gmail.com. Additional DBA - Resourse & Asset MGMT Inc....

05/11/2016

Ronald W.

We called to make an appointment to get a quote for all new blinds and shutters for our new home but (evidently) she can only make one appointment per day as each day we requested, she would say she already had an appointment for that day. She said she could meet with us after 5:30PM but we currently live 30 miles away and that is not at all convenient. Either this company is too small to deal with one customer per day or their time management is very poor. We will move on to a more suitable vendor.

Description of Work
Attempted to make appointment for proposal

05/23/2013

Patricia S.

Vicky is the only window treatment shop in FWB. I wanted to use her services, but when I went into the shop the place was so filthy... covered in cat hair, I was afraid to touch anything and it was hard to breathe. I can't believe she would think this presents a professional appearance. It indicated to me the level of services she would provide and I had to leave. She's a nice lady and knows her stuff but really needs to clean up the shop. I am not a germa-phobe, but would be after being in there! YUCK!

Description of Work
We have an older home with many windows and all needed updating. I had several questions and visited the shop to get eyes-on with the product lines, which Vicky went over with me. She's good at that and knows her options. I learned some ideas from talking to her, I just couldn't get past the filth and stink of the shop!

01/14/2013

joyce P.

I paid a general contractor who was performing other work on my house to take down a vertical blind which was not working: the slats did not open or close when the chain was pulled. I brought it in to the Blind Shop (paying the contractor was cheaper than paying for in-home repair from Blind Shop). The owner did spend considerable time replacing some broken parts and got it to work. The contractor reinstalled the blind, but it didn't work for very long. Now I have the exact same problem, but I'm undecided about where to buy a replacement blind.

Description of Work
Repaired vertical blind

Category window treatments

After reading this review, I contacted Member to find out more about the repair that we did on her vertical blind headrail in-shop some 6 months earlier as we were unaware the there was any problem. After talking with her I sent my technician to her home at no charge to her and brought the headrail back to the shop to analyze what was not still working. This Vertical blind headrail was not purchased originally from The Blind Shop back in 2001. She asked if it could not be repaired, or if we thought the repair would not last, how much would it cost to replace the track only. With the headrail back at the shop we ended up replacing the end control and about 5 stems and gears in her system. We then returned the headrail back to her home and reinstalled the track and made sure all was in working order. All of the work that was completed yesterday was done at no charge to her. I did explain that it is hard to know how long an existing system will last as there are a lot of factors from sun damage to normal operation. Plastics can break down over a period of time from the heat build up in a window with strong sun. After working on her system, I told her that her system was working well now and there was no need to spend money replacing the track at this time. I suggested that she continue to use it as it may last several more years. If there is a problem down the road then she would know that perhaps that is may be time to replace it. Member graciously did offer to pay for the repairs that we just completed however, I told her that I would not charge her since she had an issue with the original repair. Upon leaving her home, I believe that she was happy with the quick response we took and that she was satisfied with the end results. She also stated that at some time in the future that she was planning to change some of her window treatments in her home and that she would contact us at that time.

11/22/2011

David D.

Vicky was right on time for the appointment. She measured the windows and provided samples from various manufactures of window treatments. The price was very competitive. Installation went off with out a hitch after the treatments arrived from the factory.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of new window treatments

Category awnings,contractors

Smart Sewer Services

Code red services LLC is a in home service company specializing in repairing small plumbing issues, drain cleaning service and other small home improvement projects

ProTouch Contracting Services

If you require any type of construction project completed, look no further than our team at ProTouch to assist you with the entire process from start to finish. We understand that you may have unique needs and requirements for your building, regardless of whether you are constructing an apartment complex, Townhome, Custom Home, Track Home, healthcare facility, shopping center, hotel. To this end, we always seek to understand your needs through a thorough consultation before recommending the most suitable framing approach for you.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Custom window, treatment, draperies, fabrics, bedspreads, shutters, blinds, awnings, canopies, marquees, shades