The Handyman Company

Founded 1999 • With Angi since March 2007

4.4

CBC1258366
Florida

Since 1999, we are a trusted, local remodeling and repair company providing residential and commercial services. We're proud to have served over 80,000 customers and 50% of our business comes from repeat and referral customers. Our 100% satisfaction guarantee provide peace of mind to our customers. Locally owned & operated. Visit www.The-Handyman-Company.com for more information on our services....

Garage Lifestyles & Closets

Full service coatings, closet and cabinet company with 13 years of experience from small residential to large commercial and government projects. Fully licensed and insured in Florida. !

ABSOLUTE WINDOW

Welcome to Absolute Window where we are committed to ABSOLUTE customer satisfaction! We are a local and family owned business with 3 generations of experience. Our office is located in Punta Gorda FL with a small showroom. We specialize in NEW CUSTOM WINDOW AND DOOR INSTALLATION for residential retro-fitting, new construction and commercial jobs. If you are looking to get hurricane impact windows, please invite us out to give you a FREE quote! *we install windows, sliding glass doors, exterior doors and shutters.

03/07/2019

Paul C.

Installer arrived early and promptly got to work after giving an estimate and having the work authorized. The work was done promptly and professionally without any damage and little mess.

Description of Work
installing medicine cabinets and a towel bar.

12/13/2018

Gary R.

He first quoted $120 for two hinges. Then did a few more and screwed one down with an electric drill. After finishing the job he then stated it will be $120 per drawer. He was only here less than an hour and charged me a total of $360. I told him the price was ridiculous, so he took $40 off. I feel sickened by the way he scammed me.

Description of Work
Replaced Hinges on Cabinet Drawers

04/29/2018

RANDY F.

Poor response, poor follow up and glad I didn't hire them.

Description of Work
Needed to have an interior door installed.

02/20/2018

Colette J.

The craftsman gave me a verbal estimate. I typed it out and sent it via text, to confirm. Work was completed, but left a mess...walls still taped, cardboard box covering the area, stucco crumbles all over the place, work done unevenly. Very disappointing BUT the manager, Todd, came out with the craftsman to smooth out the work and clean up. Was very courteous, apologetic and tried to make things right in the overall pricing. Even offered to 'make it right' by trying them again, which I plan to do on a small job, different craftsman. Maybe one can't judge such a large company based on one bad apple/craftsman?

Description of Work
Stucco Repair

07/08/2017

Mary T.

Rob Rhoades came out and gave me a verbal estimate and then a non itemized phone text estimate,. When it came time to schedule and to find out why i had not heard from them and why I was not given a written estimate (I called the manager, Matt). He started doubling the price and saying this and that was not included in Mr. Rhoades estimate and that he never mentioned a bathroom????. I have the text and the voice mail messages. Then Matt (239)848-6744, calls me back and says Mandy, their receptionist, said I called and was accusing Mr. Rhoades of doing side jobs and some other nonsense and that he was angry. I had never called them back and had o idea what he was talking about. Matt later apologized and said Mandy had confused my name with another customers name. He then proceeded to double the amount of the estimate Mr. Rhoades had given me and tried to make me think he was doing me a favor and it was a huge deal. I told him how unprofessional he and his company were and that I would never ever call them again. If a company will not give you an itemized written estimate, with EVERYTHING you requested documented, with the price, you are in for a huge disappointment and should report them immediately.

Description of Work
dry walll bulkhead removed in kitchen and bathroom room, with repair and texture of wall where removed. Two wood posts constructed for pipes from attic to kitchen.

Category contractors,drywall,handyman service,woodworking

11/14/2016

Christopher C.

Very well, everything was explained and they showed up, explained what they would do and went forward. It was a great experience

Description of Work
Soffit repair very unique job

11/12/2016

Mark V.

Terrible. The person they sent wound up quitting, Nobody from the Handyman contacted me to tell me. I found out through several calls to the cell phone of the "handyman" over a period of 5 days. His response was that he no longer was with the Handyman company and that he was surprised that they had not contacted me. He had left my check of $1,400 with the company, and when I called them, they did not seem to care. I found someone else, and would not recommend this company to anyone

Description of Work
Install 2 sets of sliding doors

Category handyman service,woodworking,doors

09/14/2016

Mary Lou M.

His suggestion was not what I was expecting, and I am unsure of the outcome. The other ceiling repairs I've had done in the past (3-4) the providers came in, took down the old ceiling, and replaced with drywall. This provider recommended tacking up broken pieces to the existing boards and adding some paint.

Description of Work
Provider came out and measured the job to be done and did the assessment and provided me with his plan of action.

Category drywall

03/03/2016

Paula P.

David Rodriquez was the technician that came to my home. He did a wonderful job and was very accommodating,

Description of Work
The company came and sealed a gap under my door from my garage to my laundry room, and they re-grouted tile in my foyer and kitchen area.

11/18/2015

Margaret D.

Very well. He was very professional

Description of Work
Installed a microwave over an oven

Category appliance repair,handyman service

The Handyman Company

Founded 1999 • With Angi since March 2007

4.4

7181 College Pkwy Ste 16

Fort Myers, FL 33907

Handyman Jobs, Doors & Windows, Drywall & Painting, Bath & Room Remodels, Soffit - Fascia and Decks Repairs, Carpentry - Trim & Molding, Lighting & Ceiling Fans, Flooring and Much More.

HVAC, Roofing & Landscaping.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Available