Royal Palm Closet Design & Fine Cabinetry Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since April 2008

12830 Metro Pkwy Unit #10

Fort Myers, FL 33966

Locally owned and operated manufacturer of custom cabinetry for your entire home. Call today for a free in home design consultation with one of our award winning designers. Or stop by or design showroom located at 12830 Metro Parkway #10 Ft. Myers, FL - www.royalpalmcloset.com...

12/28/2015

Sally N.

I enjoyed working with Royal Palm. They incorporated my ideas and also provided guidance as to how to make our closets more functional, while keeping the cost down and the quality high. They promptly returned when a drawer was not working properly (a quick, 5 minute fix).

Description of Work
Redesigned and installed two bedroom closets

12/01/2015

Richard H.

very responsive. we made numerous drafts which they worked out for us. once installed, we had a few issues which they promptly took care of.In fact, even a year later, they came out and fixed a n item. very courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Installed Murphy bed and built in office space

Category remodeling, home remodeling

06/04/2015

John H.

Installation team receives a grade of A+ Informed from the beginning of a damaged door which was replaced two weeks later.

Description of Work
Had garage cabinets and workbench installed in garage.

05/29/2015

Susan H.

That was very good. What stood out to me was their quality workmanship. We were very pleased with their professionalism. They did a good job for us. They met their timeline. They ensured that the work was done right and the work was done well. They were recommended by our neighbors. They were pricey but worth it. If we needed, we would call them again.

Description of Work
Actually over the years, they remodeled two bathrooms and a kitchen.

Category home remodeling

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our company. It means so much to Cris and I that you are satisfied with our work. We greatly appreciate your referrals as well. Please feel free to call on us if you should you need anything at all in the future. Thanks again

05/20/2015

Angie T.

It was excellent. The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
I just had my kitchen remodelled and I used Royal Palm Closet Design & fine Cabinetry. They re-did the entire kitchen; they did all the cabinets and counter tops.

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our company. We appreciate your kind words and strive to complete each job on time, on budget and correctly. We are so happy you are please with our work. Thank you again for the review. Feel free to call on us in the future.

02/17/2015

Peter K.

ROYAL PALM CLOSET DESIGN & FINE CABINETRY tried to oversell me more things that I didn't need, I live on retirement income and elderly man, and I think they tried to take advantage of me, will not be hiring this company again.

Description of Work

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling

I am sorry [Member name removed] that you had a bad experience with a contractor but the contractor was NOT Royal Palm Closet Design and Fine Cabinetry. We have never been called to your home, been to your home or given you and estimate. Please re-track you review as it is not correct.

02/11/2015

Mary F.

They preformed as expected.

Description of Work
Installed bath cabinet with granite top

Category custom cabinets, countertops, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

01/23/2015

Jonathan S.

We had done our homework and knew what we wanted for cabinet refacing, quartz counters, faucets, sinks. The installers the company sent were punctual which we appreciated. The installations of everything went well but there was a definite lack of attention to details: a 6 by 6 inch hole left for weeks in our kitchen touching a electrical switch box, true it was covered when the backsplash was put in but it was unsightly and next to an electrical outlet, a gap around our kitchen island created from replacing the old counter with the new, yes our old molding was used to close the gap but I had to seal the new nail whole and paint the wall, I has to ask for sealer around the new bathroom sinks where there was a visible gap from the top of the counter to the top of the sink. Fine, finished details is a weakness. the plumbers did a good job in their instillation of kitchen sink, faucets, garbage disposal, filtered water faucet. At first I communicated with emails because I like documentation. No email was ever responded to. Phone calls had time delays up to more than 24 hours. Texting seemed to work but with delays. During the project, I stopped in the office to communicate some concerns. I learned our project manager was on a 4 day cruise. Someone in the office wrote down my concerns but no one in management or anyone else responded. I had to wait until our project manager returned from the cruise. All the workmen, installers, plumbers etc. arrived on time. CThe workmen who did all the installation were courteous and cleaned up after themselves. We took the precautions of covering our furniture with plastic when the kitchen counters were installed. There was a significant about of ?quartz dust? from the drilling of the holes for the faucets. We purchased all the faucets for bathroom sinks, kitchen sink, the kitchen sink, water filtration faucet and garbage disposal independently from the company. The two new bathroom sinks were purchased from the company. The company staff were polite. The lack of prompt communication, the lack of attention to installation details are the reasons I would not hire the company again.

Description of Work
New quartz bathroom and kitchen counters, 2 bathroom sinks, kitchen backsplash tiled, bathroom cabinet refaced, new kitchen sink, new faucet, 3 new bathroom sink faucets and under kitchen cabinet lighting.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have had experienced during your project. Please be assured that I will personally address your issues with your designer to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

01/14/2015

Melvin A.

The job that they did on designing and installing the kitchen was awesome! Everything was wonderful, but the problem was, we had the floors done at the same time and the salesman (who they've since let go), led us to a flooring supplier. They did a horrible job and we had to have the floor in 2/3 of the house taken up and someone else had to come in and re lay it. It was unfortunate that they had a bad egg salesman, but they certainly made everything right.

Description of Work
They remodeled our kitchen.

12/31/2014

ROBERT M.

Good design and price, but we went with someone else

Description of Work
Designed and quoted on closet renovation.

12/31/2014

Stephanie R.

Stephanie at Royal Palm was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. While we didn't use Royal Palm, going with a less expensive option, I would certainly recommend Royal Palm to anyone looking for a quality product.

Description of Work
We worked with Stephanie who developed a plan for the closets in our new home.

11/26/2014

Mark R.

I had a very poor experience with Royal Palm Cabinets. Mr. Meadows was unprofessional and insulting. When discussing the project for the great room built-in cabinets he made a negative remark about an expensive piece of art that was in the room. I assumed the appointment would go better from there, and brushed off the negative remark. When we discussed the kitchen island project, he was confrontational. I simply wanted to add two bookshelves to the existing island. He replied that any time a customer thinks a project is simple, that the customer is wrong. If he had advised me that Royal Palm will not do a retro-fit project, I would have accepted that response, and I would have taken that project off the list. Instead he focused on re-doing the entire island. Mr. Meadows did not listen to the type and style of cabinets I wanted for the room. I had to reiterate several times that, even if the cabinets for the islands were completely re-done, I wanted "like" cabinets to the existing cabinets. When Mr. Meadows left our home after the appointment, he said that he would have the estimate to me after the 4th of July. Royal Palms never provided me with an estimate for any of the three projects requested. If Royal Palms had determined not to do the work, Royal Palms did not have the courtesy to call me to let me know that they were not going to quote the projects. I chose not to call Royal Palms to follow-up with the status of the estimates for the three projects. I felt that any company that sends an estimator that is insulting and unprofessional and than fails to follow-up with the customer with an estimate in the time promised, didn't deserve my business.

Description of Work
Dan Meadows of Royal Palm came to my home to discuss three projects, take measurements, and provide an estimate for each project. The three projects were as follows: (1) built-in cabinets for an office wall; (2) built-in cabinets for a great room; (3) retro-fit for an existing kitchen island to add cabinets to two sides of the island.

Category home remodeling

[member name removed] I do apologize for Mr. Meadows unprofessional manner. This is not the kind of thing I would like to hear about my employees. Please know I will address Dan and his actions. Please except my apology and rest assure this is not the manner in which we do business.

09/04/2014

Carolyn W.

Everything was great and they finished the two missing doors sooner than we expected. We have had visitors who have been amazed at the transformation and we just love it. Dave is great as are all the workers. We highly recommend them to everyone who wants quality work and personal service.

Description of Work
They remodeled our kitchen with new cabinets, counters, sink, faucet, disposal, and lighting. They also did a design feature with our pass-through. They did a new vanity, sink, faucet, and medicine cabinet in the master bath. They did some painting in those rooms too. Everything went well, according to schedule, except for a mistake on measuring one cabinet, so the doors are still missing for that cabinet. There was also an error in counting the number of door handles, so we are waiting for those to be installed. We are certain that they will complete the work soon. Dave Levine was our designer & he was very good about everything, including being on site almost every day to make sure the workers were doing the correct job. The work they did was beautiful. The marble installers, lead carpenter, and painter were especially good and did really wonderful work.

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, countertops, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

08/25/2014

Pilar M.

Professionally done. Very happy with their work!

Description of Work
Built bookshelves in den. Lovely job, great people to work with!

07/23/2014

Cindy C.

It went so well, I 'm so happy with the whole piece, especially the tall cabinet on the end w/door to store my ironing board.

Description of Work
Built and installed a wall built-in for our den.

Category custom cabinets, drywall, woodworking, home remodeling

thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review for our company. We are all so pleased you are happy with the products and services we provide. If there is any thing you may need in the future please do not hesitate to call on us. Thank you for choosing Royal Palm for the project.

06/07/2014

Helene B D.

Dave Levine was very professional and easy to work with. He coordinated the sub-contractors, plumber and counter top people. The work was well done and completed in the promised time frame. They received one door with imperfections in the glaze. They re-ordered it even before the scheduled time of installation.

Description of Work
We ordered a custom vanity for the bathroom. Royal Palm designed and installed the cabinet and counter top.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

05/05/2014

Donna K.

Wonderfully! Every service was performed when expected, promptly and courteously. I love the products chosen.

Description of Work
Installed granite counter tops with sink and faucet. Replaced cabinets, replaced cabinet doors.

Category countertops, cabinet refacing

Thank you so much for the kind review. We also appreciate that you took the time to write the review for us. It was a pleasure working with you on the project and please let us if there is anything else you need in the future.

04/20/2014

Jean T.

Dave L. planned and supervised both projects giving us a beautiful design and making sure everything turned out as promised. A very professional organization!

Description of Work
2014- Two closet design and installation. 2012- Master bath and spare bathroom complete rebuilding plus new doors, crown molding and built in cabinets.

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

04/10/2014

Bruce W.

More selection & 1/2 the price of big box stores (Home Depot). Excellent personal service including dedicated, skilled trades salepersons. Always on time and at site when selecting granite tops & sinks and when installing cabinets. Tidy. Did no damage to floors, walls, doors, appliances... very careful.

Description of Work
New kitchen cabinets, countertops, sink & faucet (replacement of existing including removal). I am a professional real estate developer so I know the trade & have much experience.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

03/28/2014

Robin T.

We are moving from Chicago to Fort Myers and were looking for a contractor to put in the master bathroom in a new house. Royal Palm said they would have a sales person call us to work with us. The person who finally called us back, after three tries of us calling her, turned out to be a part-timer and seemed reluctant to work with us because we were out of town. She finally said she would do a 3-D drawing of a bathroom, which we would have been happy to pay for but that was not requested, but she never got back to us. We since found another contractor to work with.

Category home remodeling

Dear [member name removed] I have personally checked with all of my female designers and had our office staff check our data base, and we have no record of your call or your information. Perhaps you have our company confused with another. We pride ourselves on our customer service. I would appreciate if you would call me directly so I can look into this matter. Bonnie Carlin239-768-2391

03/17/2014

VITO P.

They were very good of helping us plan for the cabinets. Very precise on timing, were out when they said they would. Took them 10 days to finish it which is the time they said. They contractors were perfect. They were great at clean up. The employees were very professional and thorough. We would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

02/12/2014

Jose P.

After calling the office and leaving a message, and then calling again and they said they will call me back AND NEVER DID. I will not hire this company, this is unprofessionally, and I could imagine if they are doing my work and I have problems or questions, they probably will never return my calls. I will stay away from Royal Palm Closet

Category home remodeling

I was very upset to read your review of my company. I assure you we take our customer service very seriously and pride ourselves on our professionalism. So much so, that we track all of our incoming phone calls for training purposes. We utilize an outside computer phone tracking system as well as manual phone tracking on every call. I personally checked both data bases against your name and address. As well, I personally listened to the recorded incoming telephone call log since December 2013. I was unable to find any record of any call from you by name or by your address, in either system. I am not sure how your call could have been ignored. The outside computer source would have missed your call not once but twice and our receptionist would have also failed to record your call, not once but twice. According to your review. Perhaps you called another company. I kindly ask that you call me directly, I would like to investigate this further to know if my system is floored in some way. And of course if you have my company confused with another, I would kindly ask that you retract your review. Thank You Bonnie Carlin Owner Royal Palm Closet Design and Fine Cabinetry Inc. 239-768-2391

12/10/2013

Carolyn W.

Everything was wonderful! Jillian was our designer & she was delightful to work with. She really focused on our need & desires for storage & understood our tastes. Bernard was the main installer; he & his associate were so professional. They did the work quickly & perfectly & cleaned everything up as well. We are very happy with the results.

Description of Work
They designed & installed custom closets in our bedroom, bathroom & guest room.

Category closet systems, woodworking

08/30/2013

Charlene B.

David came to our home and we told him what we wanted and he measured. I told him I wanted a white top with gray speckles for the top of the cabinet and we agreed to a price of $380.00. We told him there was no big rush, he could take his time making it. Approximately 3-4 weeks later he said the cabinet was ready to pick up and the price was $450.00! My husband picked it up and the top was plain white and it did not have any handles to open the doors. Within a week, the formica was coming off the front of the top and he took it back to his shop and fixed that. Still no handles. Within the past two months, we went to his shop and asked for handles three times, just to be ignored. As to date, $450.00 for one fairly small, plain cabinet with NO HANDLES. Really?

Description of Work
Made custom cabinet for my laundry room.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking

First contact was through my father who asked me for a cabinet for his neighbors laundry room. I never went to the house. Price quoted was $380.00. Was asked to include a countertop which brought price to $450.00. Client was told that the top would have to be white. This was all agreed upon in a written contract. At this time the cabinet went into production. The cabinet and top were picked up at our showroom. The cabinet and top were in perfect condition when they left the showroom with the client. It appears the top was damaged in transit by the client as there was a chip out of one of the corners. In good faith, Royal Palm agreed to repair the top at no cost to the client. While I was visiting my father I checked on the cabinet. The client asked for some hardware for the doors. The contract says nothing about hardware being included. Once again in good faith I have mailed the client two handles. The cabinet cost is exactly what the written contract states and was agreed upon by both parties. In defense of my own character and the integrity of Royal Palm, we have treated this client honestly, fairly and with respect.

02/03/2013

Adam P.

Excellent experience. We would defiantly work with this company again. We would strongly recommend Royal Palm .

Description of Work
We had our kitchen cabinets refaced and quarts countertop installed. We also had under cabinet lighting installed. David Levine was our kitchen designer and did an excellent job. Plumbers and electrician were punctual and very good at what they do. Cabinet installers were quick and very good at their job. They cleaned their mess and confined any mess to kitchen which they cleaned very well before leaving. Excellent job by everyone that worked on is project.

Category countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Thank you so much for giving us such a great review here on Angie's List. It is always wonderful to hear all of our hard work is appreciated. Our entire team here really strives to deliver a perfect product for our clients from start to finish. Dave is one of most experienced and talented designers. He had been with us for many years and we could not be happier with his work. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review. Bonnie Carlin Owner Royal Palm Closet Design and Fine Cabinetry Inc.