Hansen Screen Enclosures

Founded 1988 • With Angi since September 2008

11840 Metro Pkwy A

Fort Myers, FL 33966

license SCC056783. We currently have around 20 employees. We have been in business since 1988. We are family owned and operated. We pride ourselves on providing the best service possible.

02/01/2017

Jennifer S.

I would say it was average, I wouldn't say it was above average or below. Nothing like wowed me. They were lower in price but I also feel like the finished product kinda looks a little cheap. There is a roof, and it's not like a finished roof, and it doesn't look good, but you can only see it from up on the second floor looking down on it and it's like oh that looks pretty bad. The quality is pretty shoddy. All the screws were exposed, we had to go back and cover all those after. It just doesn't look finished, it looks kinda very industrial and kinda just slapped together. They completed it in the time frame they gave us. The guy he dealt with was a retiree and I think he was doing it part time for extra money. He was a nice guy but he was definitely not professional. He wasn't really able to explain things. I think they issue with them is they probably do more like pool screen enclosures and we actually wanted more of a room with a finished roof. We would probably use a contractor that does that kind of remodeling. I don't think it was really their wheelhouse to do it.

Description of Work
We had a screen enclosure put on the back of our house.

01/31/2017

Sandra C.

Description of Work
I called this provider twice to schedule a lanai screen repair/replacement. Once, in December and again in January. The first time I called, he said somebody would call me back. Never happened. The second time I called, an appointment was scheduled and nobody showed up or has ever called me.

Category screen repair

Hi [Member Name Removed], all I can do is apologize. Unfortunately, it takes many employees to run the business and sometimes mistakes are made. This isn't something that happens often and once again I apologize. Sincerely, Erik Hansen

03/21/2016

Dan or Cinder S.

Called provider to see if could get estimate for lanai screen hole in top; the gentleman that eventually talked to me was not professional and seemed not to want to provide info for such a small job. Said would not send anyone to give estimate; that they would have to send a repair truck out and that would cost $100 and if the repair was done the cost would be that $100 plus $1.25 per sq in of screen repaired, thus will not use this provider now or even call back in the future.

Description of Work
nothing did not use due to poor phone manners

Category screen repair

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed], It is unfortunate that you feel the way you do. We do charge a $100.00 service charge and $1.25 per square foot, not inch. On smaller repairs like this, we try to avoid sending a salesperson because we feel that it is not efficient to do so. Sincerely, Erik Hansen

01/07/2015

Diana S.

They got the job done in about 3-4 hours. The workers were very professional. The cleanup was excellent.

Description of Work
They put a screen enclosure on the front the house. They screened in my front patio.

08/27/2014

Alex D.

Hansen screen enclosure never called me back. They gentleman on the phone took my phone number and address but never contacted me back.

Description of Work
I called Hansen screen enclosure. The gentleman stated that he will have someone call me and schedule an appointment. I never received a phone call back from them. From the other reviews, it does appear to be a trend with this company. Not professional at all.

07/14/2014

Dan D.

We contacted several companies to re-screen our pool cage. The original screens were about 5-6 years old. I had replaced a few panels myself here and there over the years, but we had a windstorm come through and it tore up some of the higher panels that I could not reach. Therefore, we decided to have the entire pool cage re-screened by a professional. We called several companies and ecided to go with Hansen. They were very responsive to our needs and did a fantastic job. We chose to have the finer/tougher mesh screen to keep the bugs out of our lanai. This screen has a superb warranty. The job was done in approximately 2013. So far, no problems with the screen. Hansen Screen did a great job.

Description of Work
We had this provider re-screen our 6 year old pool cage.

06/11/2014

Diane K.

Hansen Screen Enclosures was contacted by us the end of March 2014. We live in a gated community so we had to get approval. Hansens did all the necessary paperwork and submitted it promptly. They took the old screen down and hauled it away. Put the new screen enclosure in with a forty foot picture window. The enclosure turned out terrific. We were extremely happy with the work. The employees were very nice explaining everything as they went along. Also they were neat. They cleaned up everything each day and when they finished. We would recommend them if you want a professional perfect screen enclosure.

Description of Work
Constructed and installed a screened pool enclosure. And took down the old pool enclosure.

Category screen repair, sunrooms

02/20/2014

jim S.

I will probably proceed with Hansen but may put the re-screening off until after hurricane season.

Description of Work
This is an up-date on my previous experience which was poor. Now, upon my answering his e-mail, he explained the mix up in contacting me and immediately answered the remaining questions I have.

02/04/2014

James B.

These guys were pros from the get go.

Category screen repair

We appreciate the accolade. We will pass this on to the installers that were responsible for your project. Thanks, Erik T. Hansen

01/12/2014

James G.

Due to reported personnel problems, the job completion was 2 months overdue. I am happy with the final product, but was frustrated by delays.

Description of Work
I used Hansen Screen Enclosures to design and construct the screen enclosure for our lanai.

Category sunrooms

[member name removed], to be honest with you, I am happy that you graded us as well as you did. There were definite personnel problems pertaining to your project. There were also setback issues that caused some heart ache when dealing with the County. The personnel issues have been taken care of and lessons were learned. I am happy that ultimately, you are pleased with the final product. Your project presented us with some challenging situations but I am also happy with the final result. I apologize for the issues and delays that you experienced but I can assure you that we have taken care of them. Thanks, Erik Hansen

12/13/2013

Catherine G.

We booked an appointment for an estimate to put a lanaion the back of our property in Ft Myers Fl. about 5 days earlier. We were given a time of sometime after 12 noon on Sat. Nov. 23. Around 2:30 on that day, we called the company to get an idea of timing or whether he was even still coming. The person gave us the sales rep's cell phone (Brian) which we called and got his voice mail. We asked him to get back to us with an approximate time. No response! Around 4 we called him again asking to please respond even if he couldn't make it. We had plenty to do since we were leaving to come back home to Canada first thing Mon morning. We waited for a response until 6:30 and finally gave up. We have never heard from Brian or the company and we will definitely not use them or recommend them in the future. This also brings into question paying to join Angie's List. This was our first experience with the process. We are hesitatant to use other recommendations.

Description of Work
I contacted HANSEN SCREEN ENCLOSURES

Category decks

All I can do is apologize as there is no excuse for this!! It is my job to ensure that this doesn't happen again and that I will definitely do! This is extremely rare around here and we pride ourselves on NOT doing this to our customers. Apologies, Erik Hansen

11/23/2013

Vicki M.

Had some problems at first as they are quite busy and trying to train new people. Screen wasn't as tight as it could be so the owner called me and decided to start over with brand new screen and do it again! They did a wonderful job, cleaned up everything! I was so impressed by the owner taking the time to call me several times to check on the job and make sure that I was happy. I might add that I am a perfectionist! I was very happy with this company, they really take pride in their work. That is rare today!

Description of Work
Replaced all of the screen on my "large"cage. Cleaned all of the aluminum, painted where the paint was coming off. Replaced all of the screws and hardware.

Category screen repair

[Member Name Removed], we really appreciate you hanging in there with us. We definitely did not perform how we should have at the beginning but I was confident that when all was finished you would be happy. I will post your response on the peg board so that everyone can see. Thanks, Erik Hansen

11/18/2013

ALLYSON S.

Good, they did not call ahead of time, just showed up. Good thing I was home.

Description of Work
Replaced the screen on a door.

11/08/2013

Marilyn C.

They were excellent in getting the estimate to us in a timely manner. They were an hour later for the appointment. The employee was very knowledgeable and we are considering using their service.

Description of Work
They provided an estimate for a 30’ x 40’ screen enclosure.

10/14/2013

Bill M.

Have not heard back after leaving a message. Person who answered the phone was not professional and seemed to be bothered with my call. Have not received any reply. How can you run a business like this? There is too much competition in this field to not call me back. I will not be using them, obviously.

Description of Work
Left message with whoever answered the phone to have someone call me to set up an appointment.

Category screen repair

(Member name removed), there is absolutely no excuse for this. We try to log all calls so that we can stay on top of things and know who is responsible for each customer but, of course, your call wasn't logged. There are 6 people that have the ability to answer phone calls here and no one has any information about your call. The phones have been really busy for a while now and I know that people make mistakes. I agree with your comment about not being able to run a business like this. I sincerely apologize and assure you that this is not something that happens very often as you can see by the other member comments. Feel free to contact me personally if I can help with anything. I hope you except my apology, Erik Hansen 239-633-1205

07/22/2013

Douglas C.

The manager came out when he said he would and did the estimate and measurements. We compared three quotes and chose Hansen for the cost and professionalism. When we chose Hansen, we set a date of July 19, and the workmen came in the morning and completed the job by 1:30 P.M. They showed great care and diligence in fitting the doors to make sure we got as good a seal at the bottom of the doors as possible then caulked all of the seams where the frame met the pavers. A follow-up call by the manager later in the day assured us of the commitment of the company. We fought rain delays on another project, and it was reassuring that the weather was taken in stride by Hansen.

Description of Work
Screen in a lanai, approx. 10' x 18' and include two screen doors.

Category screen repair

(removed member name), I am pleased to hear that you appreciated the service that we provided you. I will make sure that all who are involved are aware of your comments. Thanks, Erik Hansen

04/29/2013

Linda M.

Great, they installed it 2 days after I first called them.They gave me an estimate over the phone to screen my front entryway with specific screen and an 8' screen door. Price was exactlly what they quoted over the phone and work was done in one day. Looks great.

Description of Work
I was calling around getting estimates for screening in the small front area of my house. I called Hansens on a Wed. after Fabritech fiddled around for almost 4 weeks and still did not even have the sceen door ordered. Hansens came out 2 days after I called them, installed the sreen enclosure w/pet proof sreen on the bottom and super screen above the chair rail, with an 8' screen door all in bronze, exactly as we discussed on the phone 2 days earlier. There were multiple cuts to do w/the aluminum, due to the stucco trim work, but they did them all. They were here until 7 p.m., but it looks great. cost was exactly what was quoted to me over the phone (I sent him pictures.) My little outside cat is now safe from the otters and the mosquitos. I jus hope I tipped them enough.

Category screen repair

[Member name removed], we are happy that you are pleased with our performance. We try to take care of all customers, regardless of how extensive the project might be. Thank you for your business, Erik Hansen

04/25/2013

Diana S.

The price was reasonable. I am using them for the first time. They were very professional. They were busy at work and just asked me a few questions and they were very courteous about it.

Description of Work
I used Hansen Screen Enclosures to screen the porch.

Category screen repair

Hello [member name removed], we appreciate your comments. We will make sure that the installation crew is made aware. It is always nice to pass on good feedback. Thanks, Erik Hansen

03/26/2013

Anthony M.

Hansen sales rep was responsive, exceeded expectatrions on price, value and gave me the option to use armor screen product at virtually same cost as regular screen. Outstanding experience. A+

Description of Work
Enclosed front porch and repaired back porch enclosure

Category screen repair

[member name removed], I will be sure to pass this on to all who participated in getting the work done at your residence. We truly appreciate your kind review and we are pleased that you are satisfied. Thanks, Erik Hansen

03/04/2013

Sara W.

I contacted Carl around Jan.14 and he came to assess the site for a bid. He did so, and as he left indicated I would receive this info within 48 hours. I received no word and after 2 weeks, emailed him using the card he left me, thinking he may have misspelled my email address. I have not heard another word from this company in over a month. They were the first company I called and I was going to use them to do this job, just on the likability factor of their sales rep. I've dealt with many contractors in my life and I'm used to this kind of treatment, however, I was trying to sidestep it just this once by using Angie's List. Quite a disappointment.

Description of Work
Hansen did not call nor perform services.

Category screen repair

I am truly apologetic for what you experienced with our company. This does not happen very often, as you can see from the other feedback on Angie's List. I will not make excuses and I will try to put in place a system of contacting customers via phone to ensure that emails have been received. Carl has been with our company for about 8 years and this is definitely not something that he did on purpose. I personally went through his emails and did not find anything sent or received related to your inquiry. I really think it was an honest mistake of some sort. At this point, I am sure that your decision has been made. If the work has not been completed, I will personally see it through from start to finish. Sincerely apologetic, Erik Hansen 239-633-1205 cell phone

01/19/2013

George F.

We called for an appraisal and the came right out and called back the same day to tell us when they could do the repairs. They were prompt, professional and did a great job!

Description of Work
Remove and replace approx 3500 sq feet of screen and replace with super screen. Add 1 x 7 angle over old 1 x 2 patio with standard tapcops, with new 2 x 2 angles.

Category screen repair

Member, we are extremely pleased to hear that you were happy with our efforts. As always, we will pass this on to all whom were involved with your project. A nice "pat on the back" is always motivating. Sincerely, Erik Hansen

01/16/2013

Sienna L.

The estimater showed up promptly after my phone call,,about 2 days,,he was very knowledgeable and helped me design a new screen encloser for my lani along with a section that would roll up and down via an electric motor. The work was done on schedule by a competant instalation crew.

Description of Work
Built new patio screen encloser and an electric rollup section

Category sunrooms

We are very happy that you are pleased with the project. The roll down screen is a newer product so we had a little trouble with the programming. We appreciate your understanding and patience. We will pass this on to all of the appropriate personnel. Sincerely, Erik Hansen

12/26/2012

ron L.

We had a very old pool enclosure replaced. The old cage was leaking as the gutter was insufficent to handle the water flow- and the leak was between the cage and the home. Hansen workers dismantled/demo'd the old cage, had an associate rebuild the fascia boards for the new cage, then assembled the new enclosure/cage.The workers were meticulous, and stayed until dark to complete the work as promised. Small details were not overlooked, and the manager assured us our requests would be taken care of, and they were.

Description of Work
Demolition of an older pool cage/enclosure including a "super gutter" and downspouts, replacement of fascia boards on the house (which were damaged from leaks between the cage and the home.

Category screen repair, sunrooms

We appreciate the good report that you have given us. I will pass all of this on to all of the staff that were involved in your project. If you encounter any items that might need attention, please let us know and we will get them addressed promptly. Sincerely, Erik Hansen

08/07/2012

Matthew J.

I will not hesitate to call them again in the future!

Description of Work
Very professional, the price was very good. Went with another contractor but it was not due to anything Hansen's could have changed. They were definitely a good company, and we didn't go with them by the thinest of margins... I recommend you give them a call, you will likely be impressed!

Category decks, screen repair

08/06/2012

Marianne G.

Called Hansen and they actually answered the phone. I Asked for someone to come over to quote my job. The next day they were at my house, I had the quote in my email later the same day, and they began work a day later. I'm very pleased with the quality of work and professionalism from them.

Description of Work
I contacted Hansen for minor screen repairs to a few ripped panels in my lanai, but ended up re-screening in my entire cage.