Glass Design

Founded 1996 • With Angi since December 2009

4.4

7857 Drew Cir

Fort Myers, FL 33967

We specialize in all different types decorative glass, doors & glass door inserts, frameless shower enclosures, windows, beveled and leaded glass, and painted glass for backsplashes and counter tops. We can even ADD glass to your EXISTING door which will save money over doing a full door replacment! We are a family owned and operated since 1996 and have our own highly skilled, in-house installation team. Please visit our showroom to see what we have to offer or give us a call for a free estimate. Please also check out our website for hundreds of pictures and design ideas at www.GlassDesigns.com . Contact for special pricing for Angie's List customers. We have two showroom locations: Fort Myers 7857 Drew Cir. #9 Ft. Myers, FL 33967 (239) 437-4100 fortmyers@glassdesigns.com Naples 7935 Airport Pulling Rd. #10 Naples, FL 34109 (239) 260-5506 naples@glassdesigns.com...

03/31/2021

Sherri S.

I wish I would have had a good experience with this company, because I really did like the product. Unfortunately, that was not the case. After some research and a few visits to the showroom, I decided on a glass insert for my front entry door. I gave measurements, sent photos of my door, and suggested someone come to confirm that the product would work before ordering. They assured me (in writing) that the insert they were ordering was correct -- a standard size -- and declined my suggestion to inspect the actual door first. So when the insert finally arrived (late), we scheduled the installation. Two men came out, took off my door, but told me the insert would not fit properly because the cutout on my door was larger than expected. They said they could put some "shims" in to compensate for the extra space, but would not guarantee their work, even though they were "very confident" that the modification would solve the problem. So before proceeding, I called and spoke at length with the general manager. She told me there was no way they could have known about the size of the cutout until taking off my door at the time of installation, so it was not their fault that the insert did not fit; therefore, they could not guarantee "someone else's" work. I explained that I didn't expect them to guarantee someone else's work; I wanted them to guarantee their modification. We finally agreed -- after much discussion and compromise (on my part) -- that they would stand behind their work for a period of one year, promising to correct any problems that may arise at no charge for labor; I agreed to pay for any parts that may be necessary. But in less than five minutes, the GM called me back to say she had changed her mind, and there would be no guarantee of any kind. I couldn't believe she went back on her word! At one point in our conversation, she said they would be the ones taking the risk, and that I "didn't have any skin in the game"! I was paying $1400 for a glass insert! So she initiated a refund and the installers left. The next day, I sent an email to the GM, expressing my disappointment and frustration, but to no avail. I then sent an email to the president of the company, who also offered no satisfaction. Frankly, I was shocked at their lack of professionalism and integrity. I apologize for the lengthiness of this submission, but I feel that it is important to be aware of the limitations of this company. Even when circumstances are less than ideal, a reputable company that employs professionals should still be equipped to rise to the occasion. A good product is important, but so are trustworthiness and integrity, two qualities this company sorely lacks.

Description of Work
glass door insert and installation

02/24/2021

MR & MRS DAVID K.

Great. Easy to work with and fast delivery/install.

Description of Work
Leaded glass door and side light installation.

Category doors

11/02/2017

Barbara V.

Excellent. The insert is gorgeous! It is just what we wanted to bring light into our great room plus have protection from hurricanes. I will note that the insert had to be reordered & replaced after we discovered a flaw in the glass. Glass Design handled the exchange beautifully and I couldn’t be happier. I am very pleased with all the employees I came in contact with. Highly recommend this family owned company.

Description of Work
Large hurricane glass insert installed into my existing front entry door.

Category glass repair

Thank you for your business and your kind review Mrs. [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with you. We are so happy to hear you are pleased with your front door insert!

03/24/2016

Catherine S.

Description of Work
Custom design front door and sidelight.

10/06/2015

Lori G.

From ordering to install, it could not go more smooth. I actually got a price/estimate from another glass supplier, who basically gave me the feeling, he had no interest in my business. Glass Design was totally opposite, and treated me as a valued customer, even the installer called ahead, was professional, quick and exact. Really can not speak more highly of this business, love their products, and customization, as well as the actual install. Totally spent approx. $2000, and plan to have them do a few more things.

Description of Work
This time was installing "Rain glass" in my new kitchen cabinet doors. Previously they delivered two interior doors with the same "Rain Glass", one for my pantry and one for the master bedroom closet. They then installed Rain Glass in two windows of the master bath.

06/27/2015

Richard B.

The doors are beautiful. However, they were two months late. Additionally, Glass Design did not do a good job replacing the trim on the inside of the house and we had to hire another contractor to replace the trim again. Also, when we were picking out locks for the doors, they did not ask us what kind of locks we have on our other doors. As a result, the new doors had locks from a different manufacturer, and we could not key all our doors the same. We asked Glass Design to replace the locks and they charged us an additional $700, as they said they could not return the original locks to the manufacturer, as they were now "used". Finally, do not leave a voicemail after hours with them. They claim to never recieve the messages, and never return your after hours call. Very unfortunate. Beautiful doors, terrible service. Would not recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
replaced our front door with a new door.

Category doors

We are extremely sorry that you were displeased with your experience with us. Our goal is for 100% customer satisfaction. Unfortunately we were unaware that you were unhappy with the interior trim and wish you had given us the opportunity to correct it if you were unsatisfied with any part of our service. All of your emails eluded to the fact that you were very pleased with our work and service, and even your email in regards to replacing the handle sets said "we want it to be right, and we know that your team will do an excellent job" and you even thanked us for offering to re-key the locks for you. Your email also says "Even though we are not quite happy [that we had to replace the handle sets], we do appreciate the quality of the door, your installation team, and your willingness to adjust after the fact". We unfortunately were not aware that you were wanting to key the handle set to other locks in your home, nor did we know the locks would not be compatible. We did give you a partial credit on the original handle sets and even gave you a free stain kit to try and help out, but unfortunately since they were installed for over a month before we knew they were a problem, the manufacturer would not give us a credit on them. Once again, we strive to make sure our customers are happy with their entire experience with our company and are are very sorry that you were not 100% pleased.

05/24/2015

Nicola T.

Installation went great. Our living room now looks fantastic as it has given the room light it lacked before with a solid wood door. We have gotten several oohs and ahs from our neighbors who say they will look into having their homes done.

Description of Work
Installed glass insert in front door

02/08/2015

Dan and Annie P.

Everything went very smoothly. We visited Glass Design showroom in mid-January and the ladies (Lisa & Erica) who helped us were very informative, providing a detailed catalog and specifics of each type of replacement glass available (ie. privacy level from the street view to explanations of different styles and price ranges). Upon choosing the type of glass inserts we wanted for our front doors (which initially had clear, single pane, glass panels and zero privacy), we placed our order with a 50% deposit, and an appt was scheduled for the installer to come to our home for exact measurements. He (Wayne) was there exactly on time 2 days later and took the time to explain the exact process and estimated time of the job. The order for the type of inserts we wanted were expected to take 3-4 weeks to come in, but we got a call just 2 weeks later and scheduled an appt for installation. Wayne again came out exactly on time, calling when he was en route. He even took the time to show us that the previous installer for our original front door glass had done it backwards (panels were installed "inside-out"). Wayne was very professional with his installation of our new glass inserts, checked twice to ensure everything was sealed properly and that the doors were balanced when he replaced them on their hinges. The job took a total of approx. 2 hrs, and he cleaned up thoroughly when it was completed, at which time we paid the balance. The customer service provided by this company from start to finish exceeded our expectations and we are very pleased with the finished product and workmanship. We would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced glass in double door main entrance to home.

Category glass repair

Hi [member name removed], We just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to write the fantastic review on our company. We really appreciate your business and hope to work with you again in the future! Sincerely, Bonnie Durden Glass Design - President

01/12/2015

John P.

Competing price, speedy service, professional and very thorough, they without asking they reset our front doors.

Description of Work
2 decorator glass panel front door inserts.

08/11/2011

Judith R.

I found Glass Design on the internet. I went to their showroom and talked with Bonnie about my options and styles. I had to wait for my bathrooms to be finished tiling before Gary could come and measure the space. Gary came out to measure. He answered all of my questions and helped determine the overall look we wanted. He was able to give me a quote on the spot. Bonnie supplied drawings of the order via email. The installation was done while I was out of town. Gary felt that on one shower the gap between the door and the fixed panel was too wide and a new fixed panel was ordered to correct this problem....all without my presence in Florida. Awesome service and great job. Everything was done by phone and email after the initial measuring. I would highly recommend them for your job.

Description of Work
Glass Design measured and installed two frameless shower doors at my residence.

SCHWARTZ BLIND & SHUTTER CO

Whether you want added privacy, light control or insulation to reduce heating and cooling bills – or if you’ve simply decided to change your décor, we will provide you with great solutions that give you comfort, value and style. Selecting window coverings for your home is an important decision. We can help you navigate through the many styles, options and materials available. Best of all we bring our showroom to you. We take great pride in providing you with top-level service and promise complete satisfaction. Scott and Michelle have been specializing in interior window coverings for more than 10 years and would love to help you find the perfect solution! Please call today for your in-home consultation! ​

Offers by SCHWARTZ BLIND & SHUTTER CO on Angi
    Expressions In Window Fashions Plantation Shutters

Expressions in Window Fashions provides the highest quality in manufacture, installation and service of custom shades, shutters & blinds to Southwest Florida homeowners. We have been in business 26 years. Expressions in Window Fashions offers a wide variety of window treatments for homes in the Naples, Florida area. Take advantage of our free in-home consultations during which professionals assist homeowners in choosing the right window treatments for their home based on the home's design and architecture, and the homeowner's needs and budget. We specialize in window shutters that are sophisticated and work well with both contemporary and traditional interior designs. After the window treatments have been selected, we also offer free measurement and installation services.

AAA BLIND FACTORY

Hunter-Douglas Representative among others...we offer the best combination of price,quality,selection and service. Period...we work with every budget and all products and labor are guaranteed...CALL NOW for free in-home consultation,visit our web site,or visit our showroom and pull some strings

Artwork/Murals
    MasterCard, Check, Visa

We provide all kinds of Decorative Glass Door Inserts, Doors, Impact Glass, Frameless Shower Doors, Pool bath Doors, Stained Glass Windows, Etched Glass, Commercial Specialty Glass, Beveled and Leaded Glass, Painted Glass, and Much More!