Garage Doors by Roy North Inc

Founded 1972 • With Angi since March 2008

At Garage Doors By Roy North, you'll get exceptional service from our team. We'll help you select from a wide range of high-quality garage doors. No matter what your specific needs are, we've got something that looks good and within your budget.

garage doors (122)fence company (2)driveway gate installation (1)

11/25/2020

Thomas K.

Very well, the technician was, prompt, experienced, professional, friendly and honest.

Description of Work
adjust garage door spring and fine-tune settings

Category fencing, garage doors

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

Thanks for the A review. We pride ourselves on a complete and honest repair. Thanks

05/28/2020

Gary B.

Better than I would have ever imagined! Darrin found the problem (competing remote control signal from faulty ceiling fan remote on second floor) really quick and said there would be no charge. This is INTEGRITY!

Description of Work
Remote control for garage door

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

Thanks for the A review. We understand problems like this can happen. And charge accoringly for the service provided.

05/20/2020

Ralph A.

The company answered the phone right away, They worked with me understanding my situation. They arrived on time and were very professional. They had the job done in less than one hour. They did a fantastic job.. They did more than I expected and quoted me the exact amount they charged me. Honest reliable companies are hard to find.Hire these people.

Description of Work
My spring broke in my garage which trapped my car inside

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

Thanks for using GDRN for your service. We put the customer first, and strive for a complete job every call. Thanks for the A review.

04/08/2020

Dave G.

Excellent service in a timely fashion. I can recommend without reservation.

Description of Work
replaced door seals, serviced doors and fixed remotes

Work Completed On 04/08/2020

We appreciate you using GDRN. Thanks for the A review.

10/14/2019

Tom C.

They arrived as scheduled. Work was completed within 45 minutes.

Description of Work
Installed new garage door opener

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

Thanks for the A review and using GDRN for your new opener. We are here to help when you need us.

10/06/2019

jack T.

had no problems. Courteous and efficient.

Description of Work
replace door spsrings

Work Completed On 10/06/2019

Thanks for the A review. We strive for great service everytime. thanks

09/23/2019

Harriett B.

I was quoted $90 but was told it would be $95. The technician did routine maintenance and adjusted the sensors. A few days later the door had the same problem. I called them back and he came back, at no charge. Of course the problem would not replicate itself. The were one of 4 companies that I contacted. They were the only ones to respond. They were prompt and on time and did come back for no additional charge.

Description of Work
My garage door would go down & then immediately reverse and go back up again.

Work Completed On 09/22/2019

Thanks for the review. Any problems let us know. We want you to have the best service from garage doors roy north.

08/27/2019

Ronald R.

Work was done within a couple of days of contacting them. They arrived within time frame promised and completed job within time estimate.

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener (and then unknown broken spring)

Work Completed On 08/27/2019

Thanks for using Garage Doors for your new opener and service. We strive for great customer service on every call. Thanks for the A review.

06/12/2019

Maurice N.

Effortlessly...great friendly workers, very satisfied with the job.

Description of Work
New hurricane proof door

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

Thanks for the A review, Were glad you were satisfied with our service. thanks.

05/17/2019

Marian R.

Garage Doors by Roy North is one of only a few Sanibel approved contractors! I highly recommend the company. The estimate appointment was quickly accomplished, the order time was as conveyed, and installation was as scheduled. Installers were pleasant and accomplished the job to the complete satisfaction of Sanibel inspector. Thank you for a job well done!

Description of Work
Replacement of two garage doors and one opener

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

Were glad you like the door and the service. Thanks for the A review. Were committed to providing the best experience from start to finish..

05/02/2019

Kevin & Michelle K.

Great company - made an appt. a few days out for a new garage door opener. Installers showed up on time, installed, programmed the remotes and car, checked bolts on frame, lubricated rollers - so much more than just install an opener. A+ all the way and the LiftMaster garage door opener is the best!

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener

Work Completed On 04/25/2019

Thanks for the A review, We strive to provide great service with each installation.

08/13/2018

Charles S.

Although my house came through Hurricane Irma with little damage, I had some concerns about the security of the garage door. There were also a couple of other little things that I was hoping to have checked out. The service technician came to the house promptly, checked out all issues, and addressed my concerns. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Concerns with my garage door

Work Completed On 04/11/2018

Thanks for [Member Information Removed] A review. We are glad you were satisfied with our service.

07/21/2018

Chris F.

Excellent service from the company. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Opener replacement, serviced 3 doors

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

Thanks for using GDRN for your service. We strive for a complete and satisfactory job everytime.

06/18/2018

JAN D.

Great! He came when scheduled and fixed what they said was wrong. Very pleasant and nice to work with!

Description of Work
Repaired opener.

Category garage doors

Thanks for the A review. We strive to be on time and repair only what the problem is.

06/13/2018

Tom L.

The team was responsive, out the day after I called. They took their time providing overview.

Description of Work
Garage door opener replacement

Work Completed On 03/30/2018

Thanks for using gdrn and the A review.

05/21/2018

Joseph F.

They could not have been more professional. They were clean and left everything in good order. The quality of the doors is excellent. They followed up on a promise to replace a missing lamp cover on an existing door opener and came back to install it free of charge a week later. They are very impressive people.

Description of Work
new garage doors

Work Completed On 01/02/2018

Thanks for the A review. Every installation we are committed to delivering a great experience. thanks again.

05/16/2018

Wilbur M.

Looks great as if the door came that way from new. What a difference in the heat buildup inside the garage.

Description of Work
Insulated Garage door

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

Were glad the insulation performed to your standards. It does seem to make a difference. Thanks for using garage doors roy north and giving us an A rating.

04/07/2018

Dallas K.

Service man was professional, courteous and pleasant. Highly recommend Garage Doors by Roy North.

Description of Work
Replace rubber gasket on bottom of garage door. Checkout and service door and opener

Work Completed On 03/27/2018

Thanks for the great rating. Even the simpler jobs we pay attention to detail for a great fit. thanks

01/24/2018

Ethel T.

I found Garage Doors by Roy North last year on Angie’s list when my garage door was not working. They did a great job and I won’t call anyone else. My garage door was not working again yesterday and of course, I called them. I was transferred to one of their technicians, Tyler Lawton, who coincidentally had helped me last year over the phone prior to sending a tech out. It was almost the end of the day and he patiently walked me through several steps until we got the door to work! Tyler is very clear and knowledgeable with his instructions and will keep trying until the problem is resolved. I appreciate the fact this company ALWAYS tries to help as much over the phone despite the fact that it may not end up in a service call. More companies should take note from them!

Description of Work
Troubleshooted a garage door not working.

Work Completed On 01/23/2018

We always try to help over the phone when we can. Thanks for the A rating

01/23/2018

Michelle M.

Great company !! From the proposal to the installation, they made sure you were always aware of what they were doing. They prices were very reasonable . They confirmed when they would be there the day before installation. I would definitely hire them again . Thank you to the Roy North team..you did a great job!!

Description of Work
Remove old garage door and replace with new garage door

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

Thanks for using gdrn for your new door and the A rating.

11/27/2017

Eva M.

Seemed to be quick adjustments and maintenance.

Description of Work
My garage door (14yo) was stuck in the closed position.

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

Thanks for the A review

07/27/2017

Leonard R.

Outstanding response, work and value. Called first thing in the morning and they had someone available to perform the work the same day. Service technician showed up on time, assessed the problem, recommended the repair and fixed the door, all in less than 30 minutes. Also, at my request, inspected the entire system, lubricated all necessary parts and explained what he did. Price was fair and actually less than I anticipated, and with the Angies List 5% off, was a great value.

Description of Work
Garage Door Repair. Bracket that connects automatic opener to garage door broke away from door.

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

Thanks for the review, We strive for a great experience for our customers from start to finish. Getting the little things fixed for our daily tasks is important, for you and us.

07/26/2017

Patricia B.

Everything went well. One of the garage door panels had a dent in it. New panel was ordered and installed.

Description of Work
Upgraded my garage door to a hurricane rated door. Also had a new garage door opener installed.