Fabri-Tech Screen Enclosures Inc

With Angi since August 2010

3.6

5755 Corporation Cir

Fort Myers, FL 33903

Fabri-Tech Florida's leading contractor for pool enclosures, lanais, screen rooms, rescreening, and railings. Additional phones - (239) 574-5343 (239) 910-5276.

01/14/2021

eric G.

Despite all the negative reviews on this company I thought I would give them a try. I signed a contract for a small cage extension with concrete also on 9/18/2020. They were quick to take a deposit, but after 4 months I still don’t have a start date. I’ve called office and texted sales man Dave. They keep saying it Shouldn’t be much longer is usually the response I get. Last week when I call they told me the permit was still not ready. But I have already talked with the city. The permit was approved over a month ago. And they still told me that there was no permit. I called again today. And they tell me that the permit is not ready yet. Them I told them again that the city approved the permit over a moth ago. Now I just have a bad feeling about putting a deposit down with this company. I do not recommend this company to anyone at this point. And keep seeing more and more people with the same problem. I think we should all contact the news and the contractor license board to file complaints.

Description of Work
New screen enclosure

Category concrete repair

04/24/2020

Mark M.

They were great. The people were very good and very informative of my options.

Description of Work
They replaced a screen enclosure.

04/23/2020

Larry M.

Great! They have so much work it takes a little while for service ability to come back after the work was done.

Description of Work
Built leni stone work, foundation, metal work, door work

Category patios

04/23/2020

Dave G.

They were good. We had no problems and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They pout up a screen up.

10/17/2017

FRED P.

Since my cage was only 2.5 years old I tried to contact Fabri-tech of Fort Myers who constructed the cage for my pool contractor. Since their phones were down, I sent a notice via their contact page on their web site on September 11th. When I did not get a call back, I continued to send notices until I finally reached them on the phone on September 22. The lady who answered said that I would be put on a list and hung up. I then called my pool vendor who said they were forwarding a priority list to Fabri-tech and that I was on it. I called back on September 28th and talked to Rebecca (I think) and she said that I was not on a list but would put me on their list. I called back on October 9th and talked to Dana (I know this name). She looked up my info and could not find it. She said that I was not on a list, she then transferred me in to voice mail ****. I was never able to speak with a human again. I tried to call again on October 17th and the person who answered would not give me any information. When I asked if my pool company had sent a preferred list and if that would help she said no and hung up. Overall, I have four contacts through their web site and 13 phone calls to them and can’t even find out if I am on a list to get an estimate. When calling other cage companies, they tell me that due to the volume of calls they can only handle their previous customers which i understand I guess this tells me what Fabritech thinks of their customers

Description of Work
My pool cage was damaged in Hurricane Irma. FabriTech installed my pool cage in June of 2015 as a contractor through my pool installation vendor. So I tried to contact them to repair my cage once the hurricane was over.

Category screen repair, sunrooms

06/07/2017

Debbie S.

Nightmare and worse. Took five trips and 4 people to complete the job. Sales staff came out and were friendly, but once we agreed to have the work done, no one seemed to care at all about customer service. The first installer got very angry when we said the door was not level. Literally walked off the job and was very disrespectful. Never in all my many years had I ever experienced such disrespect from a company. He did not clean up and left metal shards, screws, etc. all over. The company sent a clean up guy who just blew all into my yard. When I said I had small children he said "they should wear shoes". Next guy finished job and put up bars lop sided. We are talking 3 inches. When we called they sent him back out. Didn't let us know he was even here. He must have known what he had done. Went out and talked with him just to confirm he was going to make the correct changes. Handle was crooked and when we asked about that he said it couldn't be fixed because we would have a hole in the door. Well needless to say it could be fixed. The door and frames were terrible scratched. Next guy came out and said installers get paid for the job, not the time so they all do bad work knowing there is a clean up crew. When it was finally done no one called to confirm. Worst company in 40 plus years of home ownership.

Description of Work
Front porch screen enclosure.

04/10/2017

Jerry E.

I first met with Charles for a quote and with a discount for my cash payment, we agreed on a fair price. It was the lowest if four quotes I received. The installation was prompt and professional. It passed inspection with no problems. Everyone in the Ft. Myers office was courteous and helpful and the installation crew was awesome, finishing it in one full day. My wife and I are extremely happy with it and no doubt it has increased our property value. I highly recommend Fabri Tech!

Description of Work
Replaced previous pool cage and screen with new and improved cage and screen, including new gutter and downspouts, two screen doors and two doggie doors.

01/13/2017

Tad D.

Having the right sales person is critical! Will Torres did an excellent job for us and would highly recommend trying to get him. Good communication (bad or good) was essential and he kept me well informed throughout the process. Project completed ahead of schedule. Only complaint was that the final installers did not clean up well. That has been addressed. Overall, highly satisfied with Fabri Tech.

Description of Work
Replace lanai cage with picture window cage.

11/05/2016

Amy T.

It took three times for them to get the concrete pad poured to the proper specifications, but along the way they wrongfully dug out a 12 x 12' section of my lawn which they promised to replace but never did. Multiple calls to the company yielded mediocre results. The doors were mounted backwards, water doesn't drain from the pad, so I am constantly bleaching to avoid mildew, and the SprayCrete that I paid for is peeling up just a year later. I keep calling the company but no one ever returns my calls.

Description of Work
We hired Fabri-Tech to do a small screen enclosure off the back of our house.

06/30/2015

Betty F.

I had used Fabri-tech a year or so ago and was quite pleased (and did a positive review here). In this case, they referred me to a different number. I asked "Is that also Fabri-tech" and they said "he does all our repairs". I pressed "Is this Fabri-tech" and she said "yes". I called, and reached a gentleman who quickly gave me a quote, and said he would be by the next afternoon late (6/23/15). When they did not show, I called again - no answer, left message. It is now a full week later and still no return phone call, and no screen repair. I tried researching the number and person and it appears Fabri-tech has outsourced their screen repair to a Christian Evans who had a small screen company. I asked him (on the first call) about the relationship and he was similarly vague at first, but then told me he was independent, and Fabri-tech outsourced as "they were not making any money on repair". But since he is operating under their name (at least on referral from the primary number) it seems only fair to associate the review with Fabri-tech. I will now be contacting someone who will return calls and show up. It is a shame, as last year I found them professional and quick.

Description of Work
I contacted Fabri-tech at their main number to replace 5 screen panels.

03/07/2015

Mike T.

Took forever to get them out but after many calls/complaints to the office they installed pavers, unfortunately it took 3 weeks later to get the cage installed; the cage and pavers are fine; They wanted their check right away; we had some minor leaks but they never responded afterwards (no shows, no return calls, rudeness on phone) to repair them so I have given up on that; I did lodge a complaint with BBB . I would not recommend them to others- I think they have over extended themselves and can't or won't provide the timely service needed.

Description of Work
built extension to lanai; installed pavers

01/18/2015

Zan Mayo G.

The worst contractor experience I have had during my 30 years of residence in Southwest Florida. During my time here, I have owned six homes and replaced roofs, remodeled kitchens, converted garage space into finished interior space, redone landscaping, replaced pool decks, etc., all with reasonably good service. Would suggest avoiding this contractor!

Description of Work
Was supposed to extend my lanai, lay pavers, and screen in new larger lanai. Should have taken a few days. Signed contract 10/13/2014. I said it needed to be completed no later than year end and salesman said that it absolutely would be. Pavers were laid week after Thanksgiving but haven't seen any workers for several weeks now and no response to emails. Can not open patio doors for ventilation as existing screening as been removed, thus I have no way to either confine dog or prevent insects or critters from entering. Irrigation had to be shut off so lawn is not getting water.

01/05/2015

Deborah C.

The experience with them was very poor. We inquired about screen repair, and their price was too high for the minimum, so we said we would go else where, and we had someone else repair it. They sent us a bill and insisted they had repaired it, when they hadn't. We were billed fraudulent for it. We paid them $150, because they insisted they had done it. They didn't do any work, billed for it, and got paid for it.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from Fabri-Tech Screen Enclosures for screen repair.

Category screen repair

11/03/2014

J S.

Showed up on time, very professional. Extremely pleased with work and product.

Description of Work
Installed a pool fence.

Category fencing, sunrooms

10/15/2014

Marne L.

Absolutely awful. It is still going on. They were supposed to start work on Sept. 2, finally showed up on Sept. 4, and this was supposed to be a three-week job. It is now going on six weeks, the concrete portion of the lanai that was poured is bright red, but supposed to match our existing lanai. We have been trying to get someone out to evaluate the coloring of the concrete and let us know what the resolution will be, but no one shows when they tell us they are going to be here. They have yet to install the cage or screen. We paid them half of the fees because we were told they could not order the cage or proceed further until this was paid. They were very quick to cash the check (in the same day), but now we can get no response and no work done. We thought since this job was on the larger scale that we would go with a bigger company to ensure a fast and quality end product. Do not make this mistake -- they are awful to deal with.

Description of Work
Lanai extension and rescreen

Category concrete repair, sunrooms

09/16/2014

Ronald B.

Great Job. smooth as silk from quoting to completion. Great workmanship and really knew their stuff. Their pricing was very competitive. This company would be my first call should I ever need an Lanai work.

Description of Work
Installed Elite roof over Lanai. Reworked and corrected work of previous contractor.

09/15/2014

April S.

I had them out for a second time to replace my aluminum cage, a screen door, and the screen around my lenai. The screen was not pulled tight. There were slits where you could see daylight through the screen door and the aluminum. I left yellow post it notes to show them what I was concerned about. They failed to respond to emails and phone calls. They would just show up without letting me know they were coming. It took them 3 to 4 months to get the job done. The caulking looked like a first grader did it. They failed to put the bug sweep on the bottom of the door as well. The aluminum they used seemed as if it must have been used because there were scratches on it.

Description of Work
Replaced the front screen for my entry door. Then had them back for my Lenai.

09/13/2014

Betty F.

On time (very minor confusion over schedule, but if anything they were early), extremely professional installer, was done in no time, and done well. Cleaned up after himself.

Description of Work
Replaced three panels in my lanai cage.

07/07/2014

Jacki G.

They were suppose to design our pool and enclosure but messed up the building permit consecutively three times and we finally decided to go with a different company. They don't return phone calls. Very unprofessional and incompetent! After we fired them, the owner threatened to put a lien on our property if we didn't pay for the and quot;architectural designand quot;.

Description of Work
Pool deck expansion and screen enclosure

06/24/2014

Steve S.

Everything performed on time, took several days to get the whole job done.

Description of Work
Fabritech performed a full rescreen of pool enclosure. Their two workers did a great job, saving me the cost of a new pool cage.

05/19/2014

Dan and Annie P.

GOOD: Initial contact with Jonathan sold us on this company above others that gave less expensive estimates. Jonathan was professional, knowledgeable, and spoke very highly of the company and its owner (Danny). Jonathan said he would call when permit was approved and approximate date for commencement of the work. He told us it might take 2 days due to the tear-down but a temporary barrier would be placed around the pool as a preventative measure rather than leave the pool area open. POOR: Workers showed up a week later and unloaded the truck without initiating contact with us. We called the company, spoke to Brenda who said Jonathan no longer worked there but workers should not have come out since the permit had not yet been approved. Workers came back and re-loaded their truck. Brenda said permit would likely be approved by the following Friday and if job could not be completed in one day, workers would return on Saturday to finish. Permit went through the following Wed, but we still did not hear from the company. We called and Brenda said work would begin on Friday. Three workers showed up at 10 a.m. on Friday, completed the tear-down by 12:45 and were packing up to leave, stating they'd return on Monday since they didn't work on Saturdays. We placed a call to Brenda, but she was not available. Spoke to Kayla who, after checking with a supervisor, said workers were not leaving, just hauling away, and there was no reason they shouldn't complete the job by the end of the day (Friday). Workers returned and worked until 2 p.m., then left without telling us and the pool area completely open with equipment and materials laying around. At 4 pm, workers still had not returned, so another call was placed and we were told they were on the schedule for 7:30 Saturday morning, but no contact name or number was provided to us in the event the workers did not show, or left half-day as they did on Friday. I drove to the office in Ft. Myers and met face-to-face with a supervisor and was provided a contact name and number if any problems occurred on Saturday since the office is closed on weekends. GOOD: Two workers showed up on Saturday and worked 11 hours to make up for their early departure on Friday, and complete the installation. We noted a problem with a crooked beam and brought it to their attention, which they said would be straight upon completion. Problem remained so workers returned the following day (Palm Sunday) to fix it. The following week, we noted a small gutter leak and another crooked beam. Service call was placed. Chuck came out a week after that and said a technician would be back to fix the issues by the end of the week. Two days later, the same three workers (who had only worked 10-2 on the first day of the job) showed up and fixed everything to satisfaction thus far. We are currently awaiting inspection by the City. POOR: Nobody from FabriTech ever initiated contact with us or attempted to check to see if things were done to our satisfaction. The only contact with the company throughout this whole process had to be initiated by us. There seems to be poor communication between the field workers, office staff, and supervisors. Definite disconnect with customers, and misinformation given, resulting in much confusion. GOOD: After problems were finally corrected, the final project appears to be of excellent quality (so far).

Description of Work
Tore down old pool screen enclosure and installed new super-screen enclosure

04/30/2014

Marilyn C.

They did follow up on it and fix some of the problems that they had from the beginning but I don't think I would recommend them. I ended up with leaked in my panel roof that they installed. They did come back and repair that, though. I just wish they had don it the right way the first time.

Description of Work
But a screen-enclosed patio

04/26/2014

Richard L.

IT TOOK A LONG TIME, MANY WEEKS, TO FINALLY GET AN APPOINTMENT AND HAVE THEM COME. THEY WARNED ME THAT THEY WERE VERY BUSY WHEN I FIRST CALLED, SO NO REAL NEGATIVE THERE. I'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL IT RAINS TO SEE HOW EFFECTIVE THE REPAIR ARE.

Description of Work
CLEANED OUT RAIN GUTTERS AND DOWNSPOUTS AND SEALED THE JOINTS WITH A SILICONE SEALER

04/21/2014

Patricia K.

I originally used this company years ago to install my pool enclosure, and I have to say, they did a good job. Over the years the paint on many of the rails have chipped quite a bit. When I called their office to request an estimate, the lady who answered the phone said it would probably be a week before someone would call me back. When she did call back, she said she had stopped by my house to check it out. She/they decided the job was too small and not worth it to them. (There are at least 15 rails that need to be replaced.). I was shocked that this was their response. I informed her that her company was the one that originally installed the cage, and couldn't believe they wouldn't stand behind their product......I wasn't looking for anything free! She had a very matter-of-fact attitude, and just said "I'm sorry you feel that way". With this kind of customer service, I would never recommend this company. To me, the customer service should be the main goal of any service-related company.

Description of Work
Nothing!!

Category remodeling, sunrooms

03/25/2014

Betty A P.

Initially, the folks giving us the estimate promised us good service, punctuality, etc. However, the installer came with the wrong sized door, and promised to come back the next day with the correct door to install. He came the next day, and then left early to supposedly work on an emergency call. He never cleaned up the second day after installing the correct door, and he was supposed to repair a couple of screens for us, which he never did. Follow up phone calls to get an estimate on replacing an entire pool screen were never done. We phoned twice to get an estimate; the first time the one answering the phone claimed they never got the call. A second phone call placed by us 2 weeks later, we were promised that someone would come by the end of that week to do the estimate and no one ever showed up. We never received an estimate for the replacement for the pool cage. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Installed a screen enclosure in the front of the house.