Curtis Allen Designs

Founded 1981 • With Angi since December 2011

Curtis Allen Designs has been in Business since 1981, And a 4th Generation One-Stop Design Center. specializing in Kitchens, Bathrooms and Custom Interior and Exterior Designs. Senior home modifications and age in place specialists. Home accessories, Vessel sinks, Wall hangings . We carry a complete line of Aluminum Hurricane protection, Hurricane Impact Windows, and Replacement Windows. Our experts can design and build Enclosed Florida Rooms in Glass, Acrylic and Soft Vinyl. We also carry Replacement parts for all the products that we sell and are Licensed and Insured. Stop by to see our complete Showroom or call to set an appointment. We look forward to speaking with you....

A Service Provider's profile image

+111 more images

4.4

4.2

4.3

4.4

home remodeling (15)interior decorators (7)window treatment (5)flooring (5)lighting (3)electrician (3)tile installation (3)hurricane shutters (2)patio enclosures (2)interior painting (2)woodworking (2)window replacement (2)

10/13/2020

Tom G.

It went well

Description of Work
kitchen remodel

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

06/10/2020

Carrie E.

They did a great job though it took them a while to finish the job. But over all I was happy with the service.

Description of Work
They did a bathroom remodeling.

Work Completed On 02/10/2020

06/10/2020

barbie L.

They did a great job, very communicative and I'm very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
They did some repair and replacement on my duplex.

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

05/21/2020

Doug E.

Fantastic, from the time I opened the door. Welcomed warmly, told them what I wanted, Then the magic began. From concept to work beginning. Above and beyond. Came in a bit under their quote, how often does that happen, right? I have a brand new kitchen and bathroom space. Very exciting! Beautiful work. Exceptional lighting. Thanks Jeff and Curt!

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Category interior designers, lighting, remodeling, window treatments, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing, sunrooms

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

05/21/2020

Jorge And Vanessa S.

They are fantastic! We started with a bathroom to be remodeled and we were so impressed with their work ethics and the final product, that we asked them to remodel our messy and inefficient office and to freshen up our out of style kitchen. Now we have a beautiful, organized and efficient office where we love to work at and a brighter, more clean looking kitchen! I highly recommend them for their professionalism and their amazing work ethics!

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Office and Bathroom

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

thank you very much it's always a pleasure to work with you and the clients that you referred us to thank you again and be safe

02/10/2017

James W.

Was not here during remodel. All seemed quality workmanship.

Description of Work
Complete remodel

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 10/31/2016

01/15/2017

Rosert C.

very well easy to work with they spend time with you to know your like's and dislikes.

Description of Work
Design for furniture, paint and accessories for my 3 bedroom 3200 sq. foot house. including window treatments and drapes.

Category electrician, interior designers, lighting, window treatments, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/02/2015

06/15/2016

Linda O.

Description of Work
Took forever. Way to pricey for what we got. More interested in money than service.

Work Completed On 04/13/2016

We are very sorry to hear that . Since your review we have taken some additional steps to make sure that we do better. Thank You

03/17/2016

Rosert C.

They interviewed us, then we choose co going and went with their recommendation.

Description of Work
Painting, window treatments completed interior design furniture, painting, accessories.

Category interior designers, window treatments

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

As always we are very happy that you have been a repeat client of ours for 3 years. Your place looks great and we can"t wait until we get the family room finished

Leon S.

House looks beautiful. Jeff and Curt and very helpful and have great color sense and design ideas. They were very understanding of our time constraints in meeting with them. Great suggestions for the valances in all rooms. This is the third time we have used them. Twice in our previous condo and now in our house. We would not hesitate to recommend them.

Description of Work
All indoor paint colors, window treatments, chandeliers, electric plug replacements, kitchen and bathroom fixtures and flooring.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, interior designers, lighting, window treatments, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/07/2016

Rhonda W.

It went very well! We were very pleased!

Description of Work
Renovation of our condo and interior design.

Category interior designers, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/07/2016

April H.

They were always on time. They always followed through and they never went over what they quoted us. They were very professional and the quality was exceptional. Their customer service was exceptional also.

Description of Work
They totally remolded our kitchen. They walked us through the whole process. They completely gutted the kitchen, designed and installed the cabinets and window treatments. They were very detailed down to choosing all the hardware.

Work Completed On 02/01/2016

01/22/2016

john B.

Description of Work
Installed sliding acrylic doors and carpeted lanai. Doors were installed well. We were told we could choose from samples. Samples were brought and we chose, but our first choice was rejected. The owner instead offered two he said were in stock. Also, final payment was taken from from my credit card before the job was done. This was counter to the contract. The carpet is still rinkeled in places. I was told these would eventually disappear. The workers were friendly and competent.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, doors

Work Completed On 01/04/2016

06/11/2015

matt J.

Description of Work
They were extremely professional and nice but just way too high for me.

Work Completed On 05/09/2015

We Thank you for your review ,However I think you have the wrong Company. We do not have any records of having done work for you or even giving you an estimate. I have contacted Angie's list and explained to them that someone placed this in our file by mistake Thank You again for the compliment on being professional Jeffery Spector

02/26/2015

Michelle K.

I read about this firm on Angie's List and left them a message thru same on 11/25/2014, asking them to contact me and explaining that we were doing a complete remodel of Kitchen and Master Bath. No response. I called them and received an appointment date of 12/1/2014 with Jeff. Jeff came to the house, spent about an hour going over what I wanted, even gave him a set of plans (I am an Architect), and he said he would "get back" to me with a proposal within a day or two. Friday, 5 days later, I called office to see if Jeff had finished proposal and receptionist said she would have Jeff call us back. It is now February 6, 2015 and have still not heard a word from Jeff or Curtis Allen Designs. To bad, I really liked Jeff and thought he would be a great person to work with. Sadly, this firm seems to lack good business ethics, I can't even imagine a client having to call the office to "remind" me to contact them or still not having any contact 3 months later. Don't waste your time here, I didn't and moved on to a great firm with a wonderful general contractor. One that keeps in touch, I never have to call him to find out what is going on. Very professional.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Work Completed On 12/01/2014

You are correct I did drop the ball. I had the largest loss that I have ever gone through. My father whom I worked with for over 30 years Passed away. I was So stricken with sadness that I could not function. Our family Business sufferd the loss and I do feel bad. My mental state was not good. Our family is healing and I want you to know that again that I am truly sorry . I am glad that you found another contractor. Jeffery Spector

08/09/2013

Marti W.

They are great guys and I now would consider them friends. They did a super job. The subs that they used were also very nice to work with and left things clean and tidy when they left. I would call them for any decorating or design advice from here on out. They are very professional.

Description of Work
They put stone between counter tops and had two doors customized with grass cloth. In the bathroom they redid my shower.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, interior designers, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, sunrooms, hurricane shutters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/13/2013

Thank you [removed member name]. You always have a smile on your face and personallity to match. We enjoyed working with you and hope we can help you in the future. Be well Thank you Jeffery and Curtis

06/22/2013

linda D.

I was very pleased with Curtis Allen design. They were very pleasant. Helpful and did everything on schedule.

Description of Work
Redo kitchen cabinets counter tops ft.

Category countertops, remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 02/01/2013

Thank you for your Business and the referal of your Neighbors. It is always wonderful to have a Happy Customer and even better when we get additional business. We have a 98% satisfaction rate and we work hard to keep it. Thanks again. Jeffery and Curtis

05/27/2013

Tamara S.

When we first met the contractor in their office everything seemed great and we were so happy we found them, but that quickly changed. In my opinion there was a little bit of bait and switch as to what was included in his price. In the beginning no one was on time. We had one guy who had a helper to do all of the work. He would complain about his helper and finally told him not to come back. However this left us with one guy (as far as we know there still is only one worker) and we were CLEARLY not the priority job. The work that was done looks nice but it took almost 6 months to complete (we started in June 2012 and finished last week in May 2013, so closer to a year from start to finish). There were some problems with the material they were using in the kitchen and they had to keep ordering it over and over and over again. They would continually show up at the house with material that did not match. We were constantly told this wasn't their fault and maybe it wasn't but it they took the money to do the job. However our biggest issue was the amount of time it took and not feeling our sales person was very upfront with us. The job was suppose to be a 2-3 weeks job. The tile they showed up with for the master shower was not the tile we picked out in the showroom, but they told us it was. We picked out one with some light colors in it and the one they showed up with was all neutral tans, but we were anxious to get the work done so said it was okay. The price we were given we understood included removing the soffit in the master shower, however once we were under construction it didn't. We had the kitchen cabinet re-done and at the end we were told hardware was not included in the price either. Again, these are small things but just irritating. This was the first time we ever had granite installed and there is a very visible seem down the middle of it that bother me a lot. They came back and looked at it and said "that's granite". He did try to make it not so noticeable but you can for sure still see it and feel it. Just one last thing...we had just bought the house last June and even though most of the appliances in the house were new we wanted stainless in the kitchen so mid way through the job my husband and the worker agreed that the worker would buy the appliances and it was a good deal, however we only received half the money and never saw the guy again. They hired another guy to finally finish up our kitchen last week. Maybe our job was not the norm for this company and maybe they do bigger jobs than ours but if that was the case they should have never agreed to do the work.

Description of Work
We had the master bath shower area repaired, there was some water damage, replaced the tile and the shower ceiling raised. In the kitchen we had the cabinets refaced, new back splashes installed and some new lighting put in. In the family room we had some built in cabinets removed.

Work Completed On 05/23/2013

Your Statement of "BAIT AND SWITCH" is amusing. Curtis Allen Designs is a Design studio that works within our clients budgets and that is exactly what we did was to work within your budget. In your contract with Curtis Allen Designs it spelled out everything we were going to do as well as all of your selection you had chosen. In my notes you had asked how much more it would cost to raise the ceiling in the Master bath. The price we quoted you for the shower in the master bath was based on a 84" high ceiling, raising you're ceiling to 96" this changed the tile footage as well as labor costs on your job. Working within your "budget" we did not have the flexibility to add that change without increasing your budget. This comment is very perplexing to us, we have one of the best crew in SW Florida working with our company and could not be more proud of them and their back breaking work to see that every job is a work of excellence. This is interesting to me that you do not go into detail as to why the Job took time to completely finish. So please let me go into detail. All of our work was complete within the time frame given the "materials" you refer to as we both well know was the skin/ veneer that was placed on the outer part of the cabinetry that was Custom stained at the mill/factory to match your cabinets. We totally agree this was most frustrating and each time unacceptable. With the first delivery of the Skin/ veneer that came unacceptable we gave you 3 options. 1. Not to use wood skin/ veneer but to use custom decorative matching door panels. Your reply from my notes. "that would look to fancy and we are not fancy type of people". 2. To install the same Tile that is on your back splash of your counter top or Marble tumblers. Your reply "you did not care for the look". We also sent you several pictures as to how it would look to help you make your decision. 3. Order the skin/ veneer again and that was the option you selected. Only after we ordered the skin/veneer for the 3rd time you said that maybe the decorative door panels would work fine. We ordered 1 door as a sample so you could see how it would look and you approved. With that approval we ordered the other 3 decorative door panels. This I must add was at Curtis Allen Designs full expense, this did not cost you the customer one Penny out of pocket. As I am sure you can see this addition to your kitchen made for a complete custom finish that was not in your budget. Tile issue: Per notes in your file the tile you selected and signed off on was exactly what was delivered to your home per our tile warehouse. This issue was also proven by our invoice with name and number of the chosen tile. This issue already has been addressed as stated in your contract with Curtis Allen Designs. Granite: You mention that this was the First time you ever had Granite installed. Curtis Allen Designs works with one of the finest granite yards in this area. Every attempt was made to satisfy you concern. Appliances: Until this notice came to our attention on issues with your job Curtis Allen Designs had no knowledge of any of the under the table dealings with our crew and we understand you tried to make several deals with them (I.E for Tile flooring, other cabinetry etc.) As for your appliances, we are not in the business of selling used Appliances nor would we get involved in doing so. For the past 33 years we have done thousands of jobs with all types of budgets and have been very successful in doing those jobs. Curtis Allen Designs has a very high standard that we follow as well as a very high customer satisfaction and customer communication ,approval rating that we are proud of. Having said that after 33 years I fully understand that Curtis Allen Designs will never satisfy 100% of our customer base it is unfortunate that you fall within that very small percentage. Curtis Allen Designs.

05/24/2013

Abbe F.

The work was done

Description of Work
Curtis Allen Designs did some of the renovations in our home. They did a nice job in the bathroom.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, interior designers, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 05/23/2013

Thank you very much we try hard to keep our customers happy . We enjoyed working with you both

03/04/2013

Leon S.

Jeff does a great job designing the features. His showroom in Fort Myers really helps, as he can put together all of the tiles, granite colors, cupboard wood choices, etc. so that you can really put together a spectacular home - right out of a home and garden magazine. He has worked with his main contractor for over ten years, Mike is very detail oriented and does a great job. He does under-estimate the time needed for some jobs, but he was willing to work long hours to meet our deadline. We opened up our kitchen wall and moved the washer dryer location down, this involved moving plumbing and electricity. We re-tiled the foyer, office, bathroom and kitchen. Completely gutted the bathrooms and kitchen, added tiled shower in master bath and tiled tub area in the guest bath, new counters, cabinets in the kitchen. We got 5 bids, Jeff was not the cheapest, right in the middle, but I don't think we could have gotten a better job done.

Description of Work
We remodeled two bathrooms, the kitchen and added new window treatments.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, window treatments, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/24/2013

We are very happy that you are so pleased. We look forward to seeing you again this Fall. We have some exciting ideas for your Court Yard which will make you for sure the envy of the community

Contact

CRC1331578
    Florida
    Florida: General
    08/31/2022

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling