Baker Construction & Property Restoration

Founded 1998 • With Angi since August 2010

2301 Bruner Ln

Fort Myers, FL 33912

Baker Construction Group Inc. ( License# CGC1517491 ) provides all general contractor services to all of SW Florida, from Tampa to Marco Island. We specialize in helping residential and commercial clients make any kinds of improvement to their homes and business, increasing their value and

12/12/2017

John B.

We had a water pipe break under our sink the day after Hurricane Irma went through. We live 1200 miles away, called Vitto who respond within a few hours. He had a crew on site the very next day to demo and dry out. We then hired his company to repair and replace all the of the damage. Vitto even met with the insurance adjuster on our behalf and handled everything from start to finish. I highly recommend him and his company!!

Description of Work
Water damage remediation and rebuild.

04/22/2017

Geraldine S.

I needed a person who could communicate regularly since I live in another state. Vitto was terrific. He assured me from the beginning that he would communicate and provide affordable, high quality service in a timely manner. He came through with all his promises. The condo looks great and I am very happy.

Description of Work
I worked with Vitto on repairs to a condo in Fort Myers. The condo had extensive water damage as a result of a broken water pipe.

07/19/2016

Sharon B.

Category home remodeling

06/23/2016

Sharon B.

Description of Work
This is the best quality work I have seen!

04/25/2016

Kelli F.

First phone call to Baker construction was to have them look at ceiling where I currently have mold growing. I was told by one of their project managers to have a mold assessor come and look at my ceiling first to see if there is any mold first. Which I agreed to because it made sense (keep in mind this is my first home and I have never had a mold problem before therefore this is all a new experience for me). I called a mold assessor who had me send him pictures via phone (his review will be next). He looked at pictures and told me I needed drywall removed and there are a couple of ways of doing this. He told me to call my preferred person to replace the drywall and have them call him. Therefore I called Baker construction back and told them what the mold assessor told me. I asked their project manager to call the mold assessor as he requested and I requested from the project manager an estimate to replace the drywall. The project manager told me that he couldn't give me an estimate til the drywall was removed and pretty much ignored my request for him to speak with the mold assessor. I am so sick of people giving me the run around. All I wanted was for somebody to please look at the mold that is growing in my CHILD'S BEDROOM!! I am trying to take care of this problem before it gets worse! I will not be calling this company after my issue is resolved.

Description of Work
I wanted drywall replaced but project manager wouldn't even make an appointment to look at job.

Category drywall

01/27/2016

judith g J.

It was recommended by the place where I moved to. I have to take into consideration when I moved which was in December. That was a very difficult time for any work to be done. I felt like it had a lot to do with their ability to do the work right away, and so on.

Description of Work
I used Baker Construction & Property Restoration for putting in towel racks, which really is supposed to be done. Also they had an electrician come and hang 2 chandeliers and did cement ceiling.

Category handyman service

01/27/2016

Jeanette H.

Category drywall, interior painters

09/23/2015

david P.

Even though I chose another contractor I was impressed with the conversations and service that was provided by Baker Construction. They were very punctual, responded quickly and were very professional. I have no doubt that they would have done an excellent job for us. Unfortunately for Baker, a contractor I used in the past was available and we decided to use them again. Since our work is being done in two phases, it does not mean that I would not contact Baker again in the future.

Description of Work
Provided a detailed bid that encompassed all of the work I asked them to bid on.

Category remodeling

Thank you for the review. We hope to do business with you in the future.

09/21/2015

Gen G.

Tony was outstanding! Always on time and kept me informed. This was important to me as I was out of state while most of the work was being done. Tony himself said he is a bit type A...which is good as that means he pays attention to all the details. This proved to be a 100% accurate description of Tony and his work! Toward the end of the job he worked very long days to ensure the job was completed before an upcoming storm. My neighbors all commented on his work ethic. There is NO doubt I would use the company again!

Description of Work
20 x 20 concrete slab, laid pavers in a herringbone pattern for a new lanaii, reinstalled new sprinklers and created a planting bed around the area...complete with mulch. He also came back later to seal the pavers.

Category landscaping, remodeling, hardscaping

07/31/2015

MARK S.

Jon is extremely knowledgeable and will do whatever it takes to get it right. He is a bit of a perfectionist. I would hire Jon with Baker Construction on any job he could do. His prices were very reasonable. That being said, his work is above any than I have seen in the industry. The only downside - you may never get a hold of him on the phone. He is a very sought after contractor. If you want work done you need to be persistent in getting a hold of him.

Description of Work
formed and poured a new concrete patio.

Category concrete repair, remodeling, patios

07/16/2015

David J.

Had a water leak issue that I could not figure out so decided I needed a professional. Contacted Baker with a question through Angie's List late in the evening and received a call and message the next morning around 8 am. Very prompt response. Spoke with them on the phone and scheduled an appointment for 8 am the next day for a consultation. They called me back around 3 pm to let me know that due to schedule changes on there end they had an opening that afternoon if I could meet them at 4 pm. I did and they assessed the situation using visual inspection methods, moisture meters and infrared scanners. Nothing unusual came up so they suggested simulating a rain situation with a hose to see if we can replicate the problem. We were able to replicate the problem and they offered a suggestion to try. If their suggestion does not resolve the problem they stated the issue needs to be escalated to a specialist within the water leak detection field because it requires specialized equipment and methods to seek out leaks that are hidden and not detectable through standard equipment. A couple of companies were recommended. I was very pleased with their professional, prompt, and thorough service. When this problem Is resolved I will be contacting them about having my master bath remodeled.

Description of Work
Consultation services to detect water leak/intrusion source.

07/15/2015

Larry T.

Description of Work
It did take longer than what they had originally told me, but the actually work and final product was done very nicely. They were very accommodating about the things I wanted fixed. On the whole, I was pleased!

Category remodeling, water damage restoration

07/15/2015

Jaclyn S.

Description of Work

Category plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration

06/27/2015

Sheryl O.

Contacted Vitto on Monday morning, June 22. He was on the road and said he would call right back after he could pull over to write down notes. He didn't call back. Late Tuesday afternoon, June 23, I called him again (wanted to give him the benefit of doubt). He said he was glad I called back. We set an appointment for him to meet at my home on Thursday, 9:00 am, June 25. He never called or showed up. I will not be giving this man another chance. Glad I found out before starting any work!!!

Description of Work
No show.

04/25/2015

Dennis L.

Vitto and crew did a great job for us. We thought everything would be lost, but the quick and prompt service, with the right drying equipment saved our carpet and furniture. They replaced and repaired wet drywall, and did a great job painting, and cleaning up. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We had a water pipe break while we were out. We called them, came promptly, even though it was 2AM. They arrived in less than 2 hours, they stopped the leak, and got some drying fans on the carpet and furniture that was soaked. They also wet- vacuumed the carpet and furniture... they were prompt, professional and got the situation under control quickly. They were to return in the AM next day to perform more work, which we contracted for.. they arrived ready to finalize and clean, dry the carpet and wet furniture, which they did very well. They had to replace and repair the dry wall. They cleaned up everything afterwards. Very good job all around. Fast and good service, fair pricing.

Category drywall, plumbing, water damage restoration, interior painters

01/14/2015

MARK S.

Description of Work
Jon came out and gave me an estimate. I will be using his services. Not only did he have a great deal of knowledge about concrete and renovations, he was professional and prompt. I am looking forward to working with him.

Category concrete repair, pool cleaners, remodeling, hardscaping

04/08/2014

brian R.

Cant give any more of a review other than lack of communication to even attempt to start a job. I would be more than willing to change / correct / update this review pending some kind of communication response from the company.

Description of Work
Have been hesitant on reviewing since i really need concrete work completed, but for some reason i do not get any responses from this company. Made 2 separate attempts to contact this company by messaging here on this site. Absolutely no response even months later. Not sure if they do not use the messaging system here or not but makes me wonder about responsiveness of company.

Category concrete repair

01/10/2014

Marc S.

The quality of the work is excellent. He re-routed our irrigation lines in the back because of the work that needed to be done. He came on time when he said that he would and finished the job very close to the time that he estimated finishing it. He is a perfectionist, to say the very least. The paver lanai is beautiful and the matching up of the pattern that we wanted is perfect. Cleanup was done by them after the patio was finished, and that included washing our windows that were affected by brick dust from cutting some of the pavers to fit into our desired pattern. The sod that was replaced was also done very well. Overall, we are very pleased with his work ethic and that of the workers. Everyone was very polite and professional, too. We love our new patio.

Description of Work
He put in a patio in the back of the house using brick pavers.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, masonry, hardscaping, patios

03/07/2013

Phyllis A H.

They said that they would be in Naples, and could come to my house by six to give me an estimate. I gave them my address and phone number. They never called, or showed up. I will never call them again.

Description of Work
Concrete work

Category stamped concrete

THE MEMBER CALLED I ANSWERED AND STATED I WAS IN HOMEDEPOT. I STATED I WOULD CALL HER BACK BETWEEN 500PM AND 600PM. CALLED THE NEXT DAY AND SHE STATED I TOLD HER I NEVER SAID I WOULD BE THERE AT 600PM THAT SAME DAY. ALSO SHE HAD TO CALL THREE TIMES TO LEAVE HER NUMBER AND SHE NEVER TOLD ME HER ADDRESS. SHE STATED SHE LIVES IN FORMT MYERS.

01/28/2013

robert O.

Still pending completion but all is clearly on the right track!

Description of Work
My screened in Lanai pool deck, which was originally a concrete spray (spray crete) had suffer multiple hair line cracks, along with one major crack, due to settlement. My concerns were great over this one, large expanding crack. My concerns were greatly lessened when I met and reviewed the issue and options, with Tony of Earthworks. He diagnosed the problem and offered a variety of solutions. I felt comfortable the moment I met Tony, for he spent the time, reviewed and even second guessed the problem in his mind and we discussed them. We established a plan. He supplied a detailed estimate. We discussed the estimate. An agreement was reached pending a few dollars here or there. He and his crew (Jimmy) began the repair of resurfacing with 12X12 Pavers, coping tile around my pool and some other minor adjustments to be included. I am a handy person and consider myself to be very particular in workmanship. The old "do it myself so I know its done right" comes to mind. Tony and Jimmy have blown me away. By far the most meticulous team I have ever seen. Call them and fear not!

Category concrete repair, landscaping, pool cleaners, remodeling, sunrooms, hardscaping

11/24/2012

Gen G.

Work was done by Tony who is an absolute perfectionist. His attention to detail was outstanding! Showed up when he said he would and worked very long days. When done, the my yard was left in spotless condition. Even my neighbors commennted on Tony's work style and ethics. I would highly recommend him!

Description of Work
20X20 paver herringbone pattern patio laid on concrete slab. Work done: excavation for patio, conrete slab laid and 2 weeks later work began laying pavers. Work also included installing new sprinkler heads as well as creation oand mulching of a 3 foot planting bed around the sides. Pavers sealed 3 months later. Due to the work being done during rainy season it did take longer than I anticipated (Tony wasn't surprised)...but well worth the wait.

Category concrete repair, hardscaping, patios

Restoration 1 of The Hudson Valley

Locally family owned and operated. Serving our community with dignity. Fast and courteous service. Free estimates; friendly staff and flexible service options. We want to be your only call for all your restoration and mitigation needs. Services included but not limited to: Water Damage cleanup Mold mitigation Smoke and fire restoration Junk removal Interior vent cleaning Appliance removal and disposal Hazardous waste removal Hoarding situation clean outs Biohazard cleanup

Triology Restorations LLC

Triology Restorations is a IICRC certified company Licensed and insured who specializes in all Aspects of Emergency storm damage, water mitigation, restorations services, Microbial growth, fire/smoke damages and much more. All Technicians are highly trained in state of the art equipment to ensure proper restoration work is being performed at the highest level on the property .Triology Restorations protects its employees and homeowners with top personnel protective equipment and with the set up of a air tight work station with clean rooms to protect both employees and homeowners. We work with all Insurance providers from start to finish on all projects/claims. We work quickly but thoroughly so the homeowner can enjoy their home before pre-loss conditions. Please do not attempt to to remediate yourselves as homeowners until professionals assess damages so that insurance claims can be validated . We have a 24/7 hour emergency response to all customers. Please call or text 2392065245

Award 2022
    Hermida Nursery & Landscape LLc

We specialize in LandClearing, Surveying, Plant, Sod, Demolition, Grading, Excavation. No job is to big or to small our goal is to satisfy our customers. We been serving South Florida for the past 10 years a family owned business more than 10 labors. Equipment includes: Bobcat Excavator dump trailer and Walking Floor.

2015 Super Service Award Winner for Remodeling! | Serving Southwest Florida Over 20 Years | Family Owned & Operated | Remodeling, water restoration, kitchen & bathroom remodeling, general contractor, tile installation, screen enclosures, basement remodeling, painting, tile, carpenter, kitchen, bathroom, kitchen cabinets, cabinets, construction, bathroom tile, remodeling, general contractors, and more!

Just ask