West End Plumbing

Founded 1980 • With Angi since March 2011

With over 20 years of service to the South Florida area, West End Plumbing, Inc is among the most reliable plumbing services in Broward county. Opened in 1981 by Ira Schachter and originally A-1 West End. The company was incorporated to A & I in 2005 when Ira passed the business to Adam Stricker.

4.4

plumbers (252)water heaters (64)drain cleaning (19)home remodeling (5)drain pipe installation (5)sewer cleaning (2)water softeners (1)electrician (1)

06/13/2022

duane L.

They refused the job- too small- they shouldn’t be on Angie’s list then

Description of Work
sink installation

Work Completed On 06/13/2022

We thank all customers for sharing their experience when hiring west end plumbing and air conditioning. When you called into the office, you asked about having us install a farm house sink. We did apologize and explained that we do not install this style of sink, it's not a matter of the job being too small it is just not work we perform. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you again for your feedback.

02/18/2022

Troy B.

Ted came out right away and found that it was a water leak from the kitchen window. He was courteous and very knowledgeable. He did a thorough check to make sure it was the only problem. We would definitely hire and recommend them again.

Description of Work
Locate water leak in kitchen

Work Completed On 02/18/2022

Good morning, Thank you very much for your review! We greatly appreciate your feedback & look forward to working with you in the future!

06/04/2021

christine L.

Excellent! West End Plumbing called me in the morning to give me an approx. time frame for the arrival of the plumber and then called again when he was on his way. Michael Russow showed up on time and completed the job quickly and efficiently. I have used this company in the past and plan to continue for all future work!

Description of Work
Clogged toilet and evaluation of shower head

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/04/2021

11/17/2020

Barry J.

The company was very responsive on the phone. The service person arrived within a few hours of my call. He quickly fixed the issue. He was professional and courteous. The price paid was reasonable.

Description of Work
Repair exterior water leak

Category

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

Thank you for your review! We always appreciate hearing from our clients & we are so pleased you had a good experience. We look forward to working with you in the future!

11/06/2020

Svetlana B.

It was okay. One person take it out and it took 2 hrs. But generally speaking it was great.

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

Good morning, Thank you very much for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback & look forwards to working with you in the future.

10/14/2020

Eileen C.

West End is my go to plumbing company. They are professional, courteous and knowledgeable. They always explain exactly what is needed and the price for the job. I have never been disappointed by the employees or work done and will continue to call them for my plumbing needs. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Replace shut off valves on bathroom sinks

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your review & look forward to working with you in the future!

09/15/2020

Dale H.

Installation was fine as far as I know. I have a tenant that reported a leaking faucet in the bathroom. So I ordered a replacement and had West End install. OUCH! $360 to install a bathroom sink faucet(?). Probably took 30 minutes, I could have done in less than an hour. Do the math, how much do they charge, $500/hour? By the way to snake your drain is another $339. That one took him 30 minutes. Won't use these guys again.

Description of Work
Faucet Installation

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

06/23/2020

Jay R.

Excellent experience! Prompt follow up from the owner Adam who explained pricing and what it included. Scheduled the work and they contacted me first thing in the morning to provide an estimate arrival time. Technician called when he was on the way. The technician Mike did an excellent job from start to finish. No surprises or changes to the original quote and it was very competitive. I was very happy with the whole experience and would certainly recommend West End Plumbing. Thank you again for a very positive experience!

Description of Work
Replace water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

Review for West End Plumbing - 5319 N Nob Hill Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL - 38665013

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your review. We always strive to provide the best value & service, so we are so pleased you had a good experience! Thank you again & we look forward to working with you in the future.

06/19/2020

Joan N.

Went well with addressing new cold water line to shower and tub. Had another estimate for different type of piping and it was out of site. Took the option to seek another, not realizing they were with Angie’s. Glad I looked at reviews and called. Definitely put Gary’s card in my sorter as he and Joe were great. Even left me my Sheetrock pieces for a temporary fix. I felt that the pricing was within reason and I stopped loosing sleep.

Description of Work
Had cold water pipe that was leaking to outside through house foundation in master bath.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

Good morning, Thank you so much for your review. We so appreciate your feedback & look forward to working with you in the future!

06/12/2020

Margaret I. R.

They have been excellent, come in a timely manner, and are very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them and I will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They put in a couple of toilets and snaked come pipes through our roof. They also put in a faucet and garbage disposal.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/12/2018

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback & look forward to working with you in the future.

05/02/2020

Jorge R.

Excellent experience with West End. I needed to replace the Water Heater on a house that we just purchased. I called 4 different companies listed in Angie’s List and West End provided the most competitive price ($825 for a 40 gal Rheem) but also the best experience when talking to their appointments person (thanks Alana). The Plummer they sent (thanks Mike) is a nice person, and he arrived on time as per our appointment time. When I initially called them I asked for a 40 gallons heater, but upon initial inspection Mike informed that I had made a mistake, because the current unit was actually 50 gal (it was a very old unit so it was difficult to see the specs). Mike told me not to worry as that was a common mistake, and he said that he would need to go back to their office to exchange the 40 gal unit that he had brought for a 50 gal, so he proceeded to remove the old unit and he took it with him already to dispose it. Mike came back 30 mins later with the new 50 gal unit and immediately proceeded to install it. All connections and pipes cleanly setup, heater installed on a new pan without me asking, and the only thing that Mike suggested to replace was the main supply valve to the heater because the old one was extremely beat up. Once everything was completed and tested Mike provided the invoice... due to the situation of the mistake I made about the gallons capacity of the heater I thought that they were going to charge me additional, for the double trip and the fact that a 50 gal is more expensive that a 40 gal. I was pleasantly surprised that they honored the original $825 quote that they had giving me for the 40 gal, and only made the additional charge of replacing the main water supply valve of the heater ($100). They definitely won my future business, as I will not hesitate to call them again for other plumbing jobs that I’m sure we’ll need on this house.

Description of Work
Water Heater Replacement

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

Good morning, Thank you very much for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback & look forward to working with you in the future!

02/08/2020

Nancy N.

very professional and knowledgeable. He will get to the bottom of your problem. Plumber Gary Brown. Very pleased with his work

Description of Work
Opened wall behind kitchen sink. Removed drain from stack to under sink to correct pitch of drain pipe. Repatched block wall outside.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 02/08/2020

Good afternoon, Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback & look forward to working with you in the future.

01/15/2020

christine L.

Excellent! Baltimore was able to diagnose immediately where the water leak was coming from and he replaced the water line behind my fridge which was soaking the floor, wall and was even leaking thru to my bathroom ! Excellent job!!

Description of Work
Diagnose where water leak was coming from

Cost $287.94

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

Good morning, Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the feedback & look forward to working with you in the future!

01/06/2020

Bonnie H.

Wonderful. On time, quick, reasonable pricing and a warranty. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
two toilets, a shower and a garbage disposal

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your review. We greatly appreciate your feed back & look forwards to working with you in the future.

10/13/2019

Richard C.

Gary Brown was my plumber. He arrived on time and was very professional. He did an amazing job and kept me informed on the progress the whole time. I would recommend him any time!

Description of Work
New sink hooked up and a water line run to the refrigerator

Work Completed On 10/12/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback & look forward to working with you in the future. Thanks again!

10/07/2019

Marelin M.

I was able to get an appointment the same day. They arrived during the time window they told me on the phone. Mike Russow was very professional, identified the problem immediately and got it fix. Excellent service. I would call them again, if needed.

Description of Work
The toilet water supply line was leaking and I needed to get it repair immediately.

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

Good morning, Thank you very much for your review. We greatly appreciate your feed back & look forward to working with you in the future.

10/02/2019

David H.

As always, WEP did an amazing job. Needed a replacement kitchen faucet installed. Scheduling was very easy and Mike came out first thing on the scheduled date. Mike did a meticulous job and tested everything very thoroughly before leaving, and he even gave me some education on some other things going on in the house, which is greatly appreciated. Super company, and would use no other for my plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Installation of kitchen faucet

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you very much for your review. We are always happy to hear from our clients & are so pleased you have had a good experience with us. We look forward to working with you in the future!

09/17/2019

Sylvia G.

Extremely well. Quickly needed a plumber to remove a washing machine hose, due to an incompetent Lowes installer who never attempted to do the job, but told me to call a plumber. Called WEP on a Saturday morning and a plumber, Gary, arrived within the hour. Gary was professional & competent and completed the job, that the Lowes installer failed to do, within 5 mins!!!!! Had the Lowes person done his job, my call for a plumber would have been unnecessary; I would have saved money & time; and I would have avoided an extremely stressful situation. However, Gary who had compassion for me, a single elderly lady taken advantage of by the Lowes person, called/advised the WEP owner, Adam, of the situation. As a result, Adam took further compassion on me and gave me a discount on the originally quoted price. I'm retired/on a fixed income and greatly appreciated all that Adam & Gary did for me. I will definitely call WEP for future plumbing needs & will recommend to family/friends. God bless & prosper WEP😇

Description of Work
Remove washing machine hose

Work Completed On 09/14/2019

Good morning Ms. [Member Name Removed]., Thank you very much for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback & we are glad we could make a stressful situation as painless as possible. We look forward to working with you in the future.

08/21/2019

james M.

Called in morning, mike came out before noon. Replaced water heater within 2 hours. No problems at all, Mike did an excellent job, site was cleaned up before he left. Will use again....

Description of Work
water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/20/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. We strive to offer the best service and value to our clients, and we greatly appreciate your feedback to help us continue to do so. Looking forward to working with you in the future. Thanks again!

07/31/2019

David H.

As always, West End did a tremendous job. Scheduling, communication and professionalism all top notch. Adam, the owner, strives to give his customers the best experience and he truly cares about his customers. Gary, the technician, was also amazing and he took a lot of pride in his work. I will continue to call West End for all my plumbing needs and would recommend them to anyone that needs plumbing work.

Description of Work
Change out hose bib

Work Completed On 07/10/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback & look forward to working with you in the future.

07/03/2019

Matthew C.

High quality, expert service. Arrived quickly, on time, courteous and professional throughout the visit. Best plumbing service I have ever dealt with. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Leak assessment

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

Good morning, Thank you very much for your review. We greatly appreciated your feedback & look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you.

06/04/2019

MIGUEL J.

I got on Angie's List and clicked some Grade A Plumbing companies to get some estimates on my Water Tank Heater which had ruptured and was leaking. West End Plumbing was the 1st to call me. Adam, who is the owner, immediately set the appointment. I got a call 20 minutes before the plumber, Mike, was coming over and it was right inside the window Adam had told me he'd come. Immediately Mike diagnosed that i needed a new Water Heater Tank, which i agreed, since i saw the water that was leaking was coming from the top sides of the water heater and it was in the house since 1988. They gave me an estimate which i know was not on the low side but they did give me a discount thanks to being an Angie's List member. I explained that I knew the tank cost for the ( Rheem 40g Electric Water Tank) and he explained he gets the tank from Rheem. He handled himself well, and I had to take the day off to get this handled so i settled on the offer. The job was done extremely well and above my expectation so i was happy. West End Plumbing is not the cheapest place, but you will get quality work and great customer service. You get what you pay for! Thanks West End Plumbing!

Description of Work
Water Tank Heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

Review for West End Plumbing - 5319 N Nob Hill Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL - 37911032