South Florida Screen

Founded 1988 • With Angi since March 2006

South Florida Screen has been in business since 1988. We are family owned and operated. All of our employees only work for us. (no sub contractors). We have the real professional contractors license that allows us to do all possible work in the aluminum and screen enclosure industry. Please be aware of the screen and aluminum contractors that simply have a $30.00 occupational license. Many of them are listed here on Angie's list. Our license allows us to build screen enclosures as well as repair them and all facets of the aluminum industry. Anyone is able to obtain an occupational license, however that is not the proper license to perform screen work and aluminum products. Our license number in Broward is: CC-16-AL-20399-X. In Miami-Dade: 15BS00492. Statewide: CGC1509420. Please make sure that the company you hire has a proper trade license. We go to school to obtain these licenses. South Florida Screen, Inc. and our partnership division of Ogden Custom Services Inc. provides you the customer with years of in-house experience. Screen enclosures, Sun Rooms, Accordion Shutters, Storm panels, window screens and screen door as well as all aspects of screen repair and rescreening. This experience has given South Florida Screen an unparalleled reputation in the aluminum and screen enclosure industry. For information on our products and for a free estimate, please give us a call at (954)-572-7987. We very much hope to hear from you soon ....

A Service Provider's profile image

+10 more images

screen repair (259)patio enclosures (38)decks & porches (13)door installation (9)gutter repair (3)Pool Installers (1)

01/15/2021

Marc H.

The entire project went very smoothly from signing contract to the finished project. The entire staff at South Florida Screens did a great job and where very professional.My wife and I are both very happy with our new screened in enclosure, I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is thinking about making you old screened in enclosure larger or a complete new enclosure. Marc H.

Description of Work
New screened in Enclosure.

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

08/28/2020

Joanna S.

Alan (owner) was very friendly, knowledgeable and thorough when assessing the work and providing us a cost estimate. The crew that arrived worked quickly and professionally. Even when they into a snag with the overhang roof on the back patio which was causing water to collect and the wood to rot, they were able to offer a solution. It did require additional work and cost, however reasonable, which we agreed to do. Juan, the lead worker, did an awesome job repairing it and redesigning the screen enclosure to drain and redirect rain water better. The replacement of the screen for the rest of the enclosure was also done very well. The three men crew worked diligently and left everything clean when they were done. I’m very happy with our new screen enclosure, the workmanship and their professionalism. I highly recommend South Florida Screen and their skillful crew. I will definitely use them again if needed.

Description of Work
Screen repair

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

07/13/2020

Eric C.

Alan, presumably the owner, does the estimates and he showed up on the day scheduled. However, as luck would have it, cell carriers (especially mine, which is T-mobile) were having major issues nation-wide that day. You can find news articles about it (15 June). Therefore, I had no idea he had showed up and was waiting for me, while I was taking my dog for a short walk (I had been home all day). Despite seeming a little gruff and irritated, he seemed straightforward about the job and understood what I wanted to do. He got back to me promptly in a day or two with an estimate, and I responded just as promptly, letting him know that I wanted to proceed. He told me Tiffany from the office would follow up with me for scheduling. Tiffany told me, weather depending, that she would call me to schedule the job in the next week or two. No big deal. They also didn’t want a deposit for the job, which I was prepared to give them. When I didn’t hear anything for a solid couple of weeks, I texted Alan to follow up. I couldn’t remember the girl’s name and number, so I figured it would be faster to just reach out to him, since I had met him in person. Apparently, I should have been more careful, because he got really defensive. He unnecessarily explained to me how many other jobs Tiffany manages and how hard it was for him to believe that she didn’t get back to me when she said she would. I might have been more understanding if I had known at the time that Tiffany was his daughter. Eventually, I had to just cut him off and say, “I don’t even know why we are still having this conversation – it was just a simple follow-up. I even asked if the frequent rain had caused delays.” Tiffany called me soon after the conversation with Alan. Even that was way more painful than it needed to be, since she launched immediately into an explanation about why I shouldn’t have expected a call any sooner, which just further exasperated me. The whole point of my follow up was just to find out when they might be able to schedule my job. She seemed to settle down after a few minutes and told me she would call me soon with a date. I specifically asked her to schedule the work on the days I would be home (every day but Wed/Fri). She called to schedule it on Thursday. The two-man crew showed up kind of late (~10 AM or so), which struck me as odd for this kind of work. They seemed pretty efficient and courteous (they were the best part of dealing with this company to be honest), but they didn’t finish the job in one day as planned. They said they would come back the following morning, but as I had explained earlier to Tiffany, I wouldn’t be home on Friday. Holy cow, the moment the crew finished on Friday morning, Tiffany was blowing up my cell phone. When I spoke to her, she explained they were done and she wanted payment immediately. I told her that I wanted to at least see the finished job first, and I assured her full payment would be no issue. She immediately transformed into some kind of debt collector on the phone, which was shocking. I suppose I’m not used to people treating me like I’m a crook. I even offered to pay her 50-75% right then to appease her, but she insisted on full payment. Finally realizing that I wasn’t going to budge until I had a chance to see the work, she acquiesced to accepting payment when I got home after work. When I got home, I did a quick inspection. Sure enough, I found a couple of issues with the job, but they were minor. The crew had left all of the old, rusted bolts from the demolished enclosure sticking out of the slab, where someone could gash their foot. I sent her photos of those and also a photo of a bolt that was falling out of its hole in one of the new aluminum beams at the ceiling level. Overall, the work seemed pretty decent though, so I paid the full amount by credit card over the phone, and she promised to send the crew over again in the morning. They came, as promised, and used a reciprocating saw to cut off all of the old bolt heads in the slab and put a larger bolt in place of the loose one near the ceiling. It took them maybe ten minutes tops to clean those few items up. This whole experience could have been way more pleasant than it was. If the company is so paranoid about being stiffed by clients who own $500K+ homes (free public record, searchable in seconds), they should probably just collect a deposit in the future. I am satisfied with the work and the price, but not with the totally unnecessary friction.

Description of Work
Demolition and Replacement of Large Screen Enclosure

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

05/26/2020

Roy B.

Initially, everything went very well. The initial inquiry call was handled well and they were very accommodating in getting us on the schedule for an inspection and estimate. The did well to call on the day of the inspection and give us a window on when they would come out. From a service delivery standpoint, I would recommend the company. Their estimate, however, was more than double the other quotes we received and what customarily would be the cost for this project. Their quote was about $25 per square foot, when the cost should be in the neighborhood of $7 - $10 per square foot. I have no problem paying a premium for good quality and workmanship, but this was a little extreme, so we decided to go with a different contractor.

Description of Work
Rebuild pool screen enclosure

Category gutter repair, swimming pools

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

Thank you for you review and we are truly sorry we could not estimate this particular job lower. Most of the time we can and our pricing does earn us the job. However, we found the degree of difficulty on your job was higher then most. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. South Florida Screen 954 295 6537

12/02/2019

Denise L.

Job was performed as promised. Work site was cleaned after completion. Employees were professional and worked very safely. We are pleased and will not hesitate to use South Florida services in the future.

Description of Work
Re-screening of pool enclosure

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

07/28/2019

Tony L.

Everything was Awesome! Very professional, quality work, and we are very pleased with our new home addition. Thank you South Florida Screen and Aluminum Inc.

Description of Work
Screen Enclosure and Concrete Slab

Work Completed On 07/20/2019

Thank you for your great review. Customer service is always our number one priority .

05/10/2019

Audrey J.

Excellent job. Installer was punctual and professional. His workmanship was clean and precise. South Florida Screens’ price was very good and they were very efficient in getting the product to me in a timely fashion. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Screen door replacement

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

02/05/2019

Nadine A.

From quote to installation, this company was punctual and professional. Showed up on time, followed through with no sales pressure, and did an excellent installation, cleaning up afterward. Would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Patio screen enclosure

Work Completed On 01/31/2019

01/28/2019

Adrienne A.

Went as planned. Quick job, done in my desired time frame.

Description of Work
Needs a single panel replaced on my patio screen

Work Completed On 12/19/2018

12/31/2018

Cheryl F.

Great experience and value. Work was done in a timely fashion and the workers were professional and courteous. I would recommend them and hire again if needed.

Description of Work
Replace Porch Screen

Work Completed On 12/29/2018

Thank you so much for your great review. Please don't hesitate to call us anytime. We strive to only provide the best possible customer service.

11/28/2018

Lloyd W.

I was very pleased with the work that was done. It was great to hire a company that did everything concerning the project, from concrete work to the entire screen enclosure. Alan and Paul were great, checking in with me to let me know where we were at with the permitting, concrete work, and finally the actual screen enclosure. The work was definitely of professional quality and so were the guys who did it. I would definitely hire them again and recommend them to anyone looking for this type of work. Great job, very please with the final product.

Description of Work
Had my patio extended and a screen enclosure built, also had front entrance screen in.

Work Completed On 11/28/2018

11/14/2018

Jack C.

Paul and his crew were great from start to finish. Excellent work!!!

Description of Work
Patio screen

Work Completed On 11/14/2018

10/25/2018

Rey D.

We had a complete rescreening of our pool enclosure. The project moved quickly which was great. The estimate was completed on a Wednesday. Contract was agreed to on Friday. And on Monday at 9:00am they were already working on the project. South Florida Screen and their employees were professional and punctual. The project manager, Paul, provided daily updates on the project. Considering that the enclosure is large (2 story), the price of the work performed was reasonable. We would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Rescreening of pool enclosure

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

10/22/2018

ronald G.

on time, professional, quality work

Description of Work
re-screening atrium

Work Completed On 10/18/2018

10/05/2018

Debbie C.

Great experience. Professional. Caring.

Description of Work
Screen enclosure

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

09/15/2018

Dan K.

Perfect installation. Much nicer than the old one!

Description of Work
Replace patio screen and aluminum frame.

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

08/31/2018

David M.

This was my second time using South Florida Screen for repairs on my screen enclosure, and I am very happy with their service and will use them again. I have an older screen enclosure that is effected by my neighbor’s mango tree, so I know I’ll have future incidents that will require repair, and my first call will be to South Florida Screen because they are prompt, professional, and do quality work at reasonable prices.

Description of Work
Screen enclosure repair

Work Completed On 08/30/2018

Thank you so much for your great review. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with our services.

08/25/2018

ronald S.

Went excellent, we are very pleased with the outcome. We had 3 quotes, they beat them all. Overall great job, very professional.

Description of Work
New pool enclosure

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

08/01/2018

David M.

They did a Very good job on redoing the screen on the patio at a good price and were very professional

Description of Work
resct Re screen the patio

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

07/27/2018

Valerie K.

They showed up on time. Worker was polite and professional and finished the job well and in a timely fashion

Description of Work
Rescreening of 9 residential windows and 4 sliding door screens

Category screen repair, doors

Work Completed On 07/27/2018

07/17/2018

Diana S.

Not one problem. Found I needed new soffit, facia and they replaced (& painted) that also. Cleaned up the mess, were extremely courteous, knowledgeable, and professional. We couldn't be more pleased.

Description of Work
New screen, new screen door, new patio roof, new 18" metal splash.

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

07/10/2018

Robert T.

They showed up on time performed the work as requested. I have used them at least 4 times previously. They were clean courteous and professional

Description of Work
Screen repair

Work Completed On 07/10/2018