Rat Control of Florida, LLC

Founded undefined • With Angi since August 2008

Rat Patrol of Florida has over 15 years of experience in animal control and wildlife management and offers Free Estimates. Rat Control of Florida, we provide integrated animal control & wildlife management solutions, which are environmentally sound and ecologically responsible. Animal Control, bird control, animal removal, exclusion and repair services are provided to home owners, property management companies, industrial and commercial clients, municipalities and Fortune 500 companies in Broward, Dade & Palm Beach counties....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+4 more images

pest control (40)animal removal (19)home inspection (6)

01/12/2022

Rhonda B.

I called Robert and spoke with him about droppings that appeared to be from roof rats. Robert responding immediately by going to the house that same day, checking the exterior and interior and attic. Upon inspection the only opening he found was on the side of the house to crawl space which he closed up and reattached for me. The droppings turned out to be from geckos and not rats. A relief and appreciate him responding so fast.

Description of Work
Inspection for roof suspected roof rats

Work Completed On 01/10/2022

11/08/2020

Denisse G.

Robert and his team were true professionals. They promptly responded to our request, found the issue (broken sewer pipes) and followed up to get rid of the problem once and for all. We tried for 4 YEARS with Truly Nolen and they never resolved what took DAYS for Robert to accurately diagnose and resolve. It's so nice not to hear critters in our walls and attic. They quickly responded to our questions. We are very grateful.

Description of Work
Get rid of rats and cockroach infestation

Work Completed On 11/08/2020

01/10/2020

Kai L.

They were fast and very reliable. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
The person called me within the first 30 minutes. He showed up a few hours later. He gave me an estimate, and we signed an agreement. He solved the problem within a few hours.

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

01/03/2020

Giorgina L.

He was very good at arriving promptly and getting rid of the animal. In addition, he advised me it would be killed quickly and humanely. I had heard horrible stories of rodents left in traps to die a horrible and slow death. I had written that he did a good job, but was distressed by the cost. I had to to come back on here to add to the fact that when I called Robert and explained my misgivings about the cost, he LISTENED. He explained his take on it and I explained mine. What I appreciated is that he listened, was interested in me as a customer and wanted to make me happy. We did arrive at a compromise that I believe we both felt good about. What I appreciated was that he was opened and took the time to speak with me. That is good customer relations. Thank you.

Description of Work
Remove a rodent.

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

11/11/2019

Irwin W.

The company promptly came to my daughter's home and inspected the situation. Jerry, the owner, clearly explained the seriousness of the problem and described their approach in rectifying the situation. The rat problem was resolved in days. They blocked several of the access points into the home. Several other access points needed a skilled carpenter to repair holes. Jerry assisted us in finding a skilled person for the repair work. Also, Jerry easy to get ahold by phone and answered questions as needed during the process of resolving the problem.

Description of Work
My daughter discovered a serious rat problem in the attic of her home.

Category pest control, home inspection

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

07/19/2019

Dennis B.

I cannot recommend a company more highly!! As a veteran Realtor, in addition to professional service for my home, I deal regularly with home service professionals across all industry sectors. That said, Robert from Rat Control of Florida stands out in all aspects of customer care. Robert offered a non lethal solution for removing rodents from my attic that no one else proposed. Hint.. rodents rarely survive when typical trap and release methods are used because they cannot adapt to new surroundings. The method that Robert used was 100% effective, quick and also eliminated the possibility of smell associated with traps or poison. Once the job of eliminating Rodents was completed, the exclusion work recommended by Robert and performed by an employee was also more thorough than what had been proposed by other companies. The fair and moderate cost for superior first rate service was yet another clincher. Again, I cannot recommend a company more highly!

Description of Work
Rodent removal from our attic

Work Completed On 06/14/2019

05/20/2019

dennis C.

Robert came out the same day I called to inspect my attic. He took his time and inspected my house inside and out. In the end he found no evidence of mice so there was no charge. Based on the level of professionalism and their honest business model I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Description of Work
Attic inspection

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

04/24/2019

Neeraj K.

4/23/2019 We had been experiencing some noise in the attic. One day I peeked in and saw a dropping. Procrastinated a bit and then looked up folks on Angie's list and finally called Rat Control. And I am glad I made that phone call. Robert showed up on time (even 5 min before) and he did let me know and asked me if it was OK for him to show up early. He did a thorough inspection of the house, roof, attic and outside the house and finally came back with a recommendation for the treatment along with a plan for the treatment/ fix of the problem. He recommended a smoke test to understand if there were plumbing issues which is giving Rats an entrance along with 2 that he found in the attic. He also found a screen tear on the roof which was probably a bigger animal so he also recommended that we have cages outside. I felt at ease with his level of details, thoroughness and professionalism. He laid the traps that same very day and mentioned that the overall treatment/fix will last around 10 days. He also got Adam in for a 2nd set of eyes to make sure that Robert caught everything from his inspection. I am a firm believer of getting things done right the first time and being thorough about it. The smoke test was the right thing to do. It also gave me peace of mind that my plumbing is perfect. The treatment plan worked and we caught rats dead and alive. They finally sealed the attic for any new entrances. The screen repair on the roof requires a roofing professional and they recommended that I go that route. They also disposed a racoon which the cages caught. The level of professionalism, the communication, thoroughness, courteousness, punctuality, responsiveness to my texts and calls along with attention to detail was par none. I would highly recommend that you hire Rat Control if you have similar issues. They took all my stress away. Thank you Robert and Adam.

Description of Work
Rats in the attic

Work Completed On 04/24/2019

04/16/2019

Thomas H.

Rob called within 15 minutes of my request for a quote and arrived about an hour later. I had been working with Terminix but they kept telling me they couldn't do anything except put down a few traps. When Rob came over, he did an inspection and a "smoke test" and in about an hour determined how and where they were getting in. As it is a broken pipe, it's a plumbing issue so he wasn't able to solve the problem but recommended a good plumber. He is knowledgeable and professional. I would absolutely hire him again (but hope I never have to!).

Description of Work
I had uninvited furry creatures getting into my house via a broken pipe.

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

03/06/2019

Denise R.

After spending thousands of dollars with companies who “drive little mouse cars”, but could not catch rodents, I found Robert from Rat Control on Angie’s list. From the minute I met him, I knew he would be the guy who would solve my rodent problem. He immediately began catching the critters in my attic and in my kitchen. Not only did he rid my house of the rodents, he found the root of the problem. He showed me pictures of the issues with the roof, including the huge holes in the wood under my roof tiles. After I had a new roof installed, I called Robert who came back out to inspect that the roof was placed properly and no holes were available for rodents to enter my home. Robert is not only professional but punctual and thorough. Robert and his colleague are definitely experienced in their field and afordable. He provides you with the service that is worth what you’re paying for. He provided me with the peace of mind that my rodent infestation had been solved, and I’m able to sleep well at night. I would highly recommend Rat Control of Florida to anyone who is facing issues with rodents, and I will definitely keep his number to call in the future in case I have this issue again. Thanks Robert for a job well done!

Description of Work
Rodent control and entry point inspection

Work Completed On 03/06/2019

01/15/2019

Teri T.

Robert called me the evening after I requested bids on the service. He thoroughly inspected my house and gave me a detailed quotation for services the next day. He explained the reasons for everything to me. He began work right away. The entire job took a little less time than expected. He and his staff are knowledgeable, responsive, thoughtful and professional.

Description of Work
I needed to find out how rats were getting into my attic and get rid of them

Work Completed On 01/11/2019

03/22/2018

Chuck C.

It went very well. Rob was polite, prompt, professional and did the job! He found the entrance for the Rat, an open pipe from long ago. He found a cap in his bag of tricks that sealed the open pipe. This was above and beyond. Traps were set, but cap did the trick. Thanks Rob!

Description of Work
Rat Extermination

Work Completed On 03/02/2018

12/11/2017

Kathy L.

I am writing this review prior to the completion of the work because I am so pleased with the progress to date. My issue was addressed promptly by Robert who was phenomenal. He addressed the issue with compassion for my situation and had the knowledge to do what was needed to make me feel safe in my home. The majority of the work has been done and the results very successful. Of course, I’m hoping not to need him again in the future but won’t hesitate to call him or refer him to those in a similar situation!

Description of Work
Had rodents in my home. Needed to find entry point and eliminate the problem.

Category pest control, home inspection

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

12/08/2017

Gary C.

Showed up timely. He found that it was a structural issue that needed to be fixed first. If he had tried to eliminate the rodent he would have just been back at a later, did not charge anything. Very honest and professional.

Description of Work
Rodent in wall

Work Completed On 12/08/2017

11/25/2017

Amon S.

Robert was extremely informative and did a careful inspection of my property. I opted not to do service, but kept his information in case we change our minds in the future.

Description of Work
Evaluate attic for possible pest problem

Work Completed On 11/18/2017

04/01/2017

Thomas R.

It went well and was straight to the point

Description of Work
Came to the house to perform free inspection. Gave suggestion of what the issue was and the cost for performing the job needed to find the problem. Pumped smoke into stakes to locate were the entry point for the rats. Found open stack in attic were rat droppings and and pee was. Have to call plumper to properly vent stack.

Work Completed On 03/31/2017

03/27/2017

Howard F.

They did a good job. They came back and picked up the traps. As it turned out they did a couple of repairs to the outside of the house so the rats didn't come back in. He didn't crawl into the attic, and we've had somebody since that actually physically crawled into the attic.

Description of Work
They put out some traps and some other things.

Work Completed On 03/27/2016

01/30/2017

Harvey K.

Service was great and Adam was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Attic rats removed & protected against.

Work Completed On 01/02/2017

12/01/2016

Cheryl K.

They were on time and super professional. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We needed to locate the critter or critters making noise in our attic, then we needed them trapped and needed to close all entries to the house so they could no longer enter the house.

Work Completed On 11/30/2016

07/05/2016

Stephen Z.

Robert is extremely knowledgeable and very responsive. He diagnosed our problem and immediately executed a plan that would eliminate current activity and control future activity. I would recommend him to anyone that has rat problems.

Description of Work
Rodent Control

Work Completed On 04/29/2016

04/09/2016

Lon L.

Robert Kirchgraber responded quickly and came out (in the rain) to look at our issue and our neighbors. We had seen a rat (or more) running by our back door and going under our house a few times the past few weeks. Our next door neighbor had also seen a rat or more in his yard and in trees and the power lines. Robert looked at our issue and recommended sealing off our crawl space under the house with 1/4 inch wire mesh and sealing off the gables vents to the attic and the screening over the stacks over the bathroom vents. He then recommended putting a funnel trap by our back door stoop where the rat(s) were seen going under our house with a funnel trap whereby they could get out from under the house but could not re-enter. He also recommended placing Bell System labs "black boxes" around our yard where there are small rat size holes for them to enter, eat the poison on stakes and exit. We agreed to the service and his worker - Neco - completed all the described tasks and was thorough, polite and very professional. Neco set some traps near the funnel trap if the rat(s) tried to return to try to get under our house after they sealed the crawl space with the wire mesh. Sure enough one was caught and several days later no more activity seen. Our neighbor had positive results too. Robert was very responsive to all my calls and concerns and again his worker - Neco- was terrific.

Description of Work
Assessed issue we and a neighbor had with rats, developed a plan and resolved the problem.

Work Completed On 02/22/2016

01/05/2016

Mark C.

fingers crossed, but so far no more rats. Professional and responsive. Came out quickly and clearly knew what he was doing. Also, diagnosed a roach problem that I hadn't originally called about. We discussed pricing and he was very fair to me.

Description of Work
I had a real challenge getting rid of some rats in the my attic. I had different contractors over to try and fix. We always made progress, but never solved until Rat Control. They were able to find the issue and gave me specific instructions on how to solve.

Work Completed On 12/01/2015

12/25/2015

Roberta R.

I the past few months , we had seen 3 rats on the outside of our house. Decided to use Rat Control of Florida LLC to help alleviate the problem. Bob, the owner, called us back same day and came out to inspect our property within a couple of days. He is very professional, honest, knowledgeable and thorough, and is a true expert in his field. He has been in this business for many years, and this was obvious after we had met with him. After inspecting the roof, he did a walk around with us, and suggested we place 10 heavy duty traps around the property, which he would be monitoring and re-positioning as needed over the next year. We had also received a quote from another well respected Pest Control company. They did not inspect the roof, and their traps were not as solid as Bob's. The price was similar, but we were getting better services with Bob. In addition, the other company tried to sell their Pest Control services and rodent control was their secondary interest, whereas Bob's primary focus is rodent control. I would highly recomme