Home Repairs by Jerry

Founded 2010 • With Angi since January 2012

Please contact me at (954) 691-7042 for a quicker response and text! No quotes. No estimates.Two men $90.00 per hour. I have a two hour minimum charge. Specializing in residential home repairs. It is cheaper by the hour and not the job. I am insured....

handyman (305)plumbers (41)electrician (38)door installation (32)drywall (31)lighting (28)woodworking (22)fence company (20)ceiling fan installation (17)general contractors (14)interior painting (13)pressure washing (8)

04/13/2022

GARY C.

Great Job! Arrived on time, professional, courteous, and fair. I have added Jerry to my list of contacts and will be calling again when needed.

Description of Work
Fence gate repair / Pressure washing fence

Category basketball goals, fencing, pressure washing

Work Completed On 04/13/2022

07/28/2021

Vernon G.

Jerry and his assistant arrived on time and were very professional. Beforehand he kept in touch with us regularly. He listened to all our concerns and answered our questions. The heavy mailbox and post were quickly installed in a couple of hours. Would definitely hire again. Thank you, Jerry!

Description of Work
Installation of a heavy mailbox and post

Category handyman service, mailbox repair

Work Completed On 07/28/2021

01/21/2021

Lisa S.

The project went very smoothly. Jerry and his partner are highly trained and very professional. They are meticulous, clean, friendly, and very fair with pricing. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replace interior closet door with new barn door

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

12/30/2020

Karen F.

Jerry was prompt, courteous and talented. He is the best Handyman I have ever hired. He was meticulous in his work and everything was cleaned up when he was done. I would highly recommend him and would utilize his services again.

Description of Work
New Mailbox Installation

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

10/07/2020

Monica S.

These guys are great. I needed TV’s mounted, area under the kitchen sink replaced due to water damage and a desk and cat tree assembled. They were knowledgeable and professional. They had the best attitude when we found additional things that needed repaired. I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Variety of projects

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

09/23/2020

Dilyana T.

Formica countertops replacement, backsplash and changing a bathroom floor

Description of Work
Jerry and John are very reliable, punctual and they work with great precision! We hired them to change the laminate countertops in our kitchen, to put backsplash and to install vinyl floor in the bathroom. They were always on time and consulted us every step of the way to make sure that everything is done the way we like it. They were very easy to get in touch with. The project took a little longer than expected but they did everything with great precision. We are extremely happy with the results and we would definitely recommend them.

Category countertops, handyman service

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

09/17/2020

Alexandra C.

Jerry and John were excellent, came over after hours, punctual, efficient, and repaired well, I will hire them again. High recomendatin from me. Michael Douglas

Description of Work
Remove racks from garge wall and stucko repair

Category basketball goals, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

08/14/2020

Susan S.

Jerry was excellent, he arrived on time did excellent work. Would be highly recommend him

Description of Work
Furniture assembly

Category basketball goals

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

08/11/2020

Suzanne J.

Jerry & John were excellent, very professional. Repairs were done excellently & my apartment was left cleaned up. I would definitely recommend them to friends.

Description of Work
Ceiling fans installed, ceiling tiles replaced, small repairs

Category basketball goals, handyman service, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

07/06/2020

Kristen A.

We were pleased with the work that was done. They fixed a ceiling fan, installed a new ceiling fan, replaced the wax ring on a leaky toilet, and fixed a stairway railing that was coming out of the wall. We will be calling them again!

Description of Work
Ceiling fans, toilet, railing

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

05/19/2020

Bradley B.

Replaced door threshold. Drywall repair. Door repair

Description of Work
The door threshold wasn’t securely fastened. It was never installed correctly. Jerry purchased and cut a new threshold and installed securely. Electrician replaced out electrical panel and damaged the drywall. Jerry repaired and painted the damaged drywall. The door in our guest bedroom has never closed all the way. Jerry repaired the door and it now closes securely. We have hired Jerry several times and will use him for our next project. Jerry is very knowledgeable, friendly, professional, does great work and reasonably priced.

Category drywall, handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

02/17/2020

Greg R.

It went perfect. Work was flawless. The cuts and measurements were perfect. Jerry and John were professional, courteous, showed up on time, and cleaned up when the job was done. Very fair price. Thank you Jerry. Will definitely use your services again soon.

Description of Work
Needed old, water damaged baseboards torn up and replaced, Jerry replaced with real wood baseboards. Caulked them after install

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/14/2020

02/17/2020

Christopher S.

I called Jerry and he was responsive and answered quickly. He did come out to give an estimate, however when he got here he wanted to start doing work even after I told him several times I only wanted an estimate. At first, I was reluctant to hire another "by the hour" guy because my last experience with a 'buy the hour" handyman turned out to be and "open your wallet guy" as it took twice the time to do the work. However, Jerry and John worked the entire time and didn't do unnecessary work to eat up time. He also provided insurance documents which are required for our condo board. As for the work Jerry did: he repaired several holes in drywall from curtain rods, hung new rods, repaired the drywall & reattached a closet organizer, hung roll down shades on our screened in patio. He also repaired a major hole in the dry wall from a wall mount TV that ripped off the wall. He also reinforced the wall with 2x4 and rehung the adjustable mount and TV. Jerry and John were very diligent to clean up and ensure we were happy with the work.

Description of Work
Repair several holes in drywall from curtain rods, closet organizer and large hole from TV mount ripped off wall. He also installed roll down shades on the screened balcony.

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 02/13/2020

01/17/2020

Howard S.

Fine. They came when they said, did the job. Left things neat.

Description of Work
Removal of my hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 01/11/2020

10/08/2019

Beverly L.

Jerry and John did a great job every time. I have had them back to our home four times since August. They are reliable, honest, and fair priced.

Description of Work
Hang ceiling fan, hang mirrors, replace ceiling fan switches, hang shelves, install can lights in ceiling, installed pull out shelf in kitchen cabinet for trash can slide out.

Work Completed On 10/08/2019

[Member Name Removed], I SO MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR REVIEWS. IT IS MY PLEASURE TO WORK FOR YOU. THANK YOU JERRY HOME REPAIRS BY JERRY

09/23/2019

Dee W.

It sounded affordable at first since it was a flat fee per hour. Little did I know it would take 2 people 3 hours to install 1 ceiling fan and 1 track lighting. Needless to say I wasted an exorbitant amount of money and had many more jobs for them to complete but after seeing them struggle with just a fan and a track light I sent them and ended the job out of fear it would take them a week to finish the rest of things I needed to get done at the rate they were moving. Nice guys but way too slow. I would only recommend if you have very basic needs. I don't know maybe something easy like having him rake your lawn but not recommended for anything requiring tools.

Description of Work
variety of handyman services, light fixtures, bath fixtures

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

08/10/2019

Norma M.

It went well and he did it for 1/2 the price I was quoted by another guy. At first I was a little nervous with the hourly fee scale as I had no idea what this project would entail, however I took a leap of faith and it worked out beautifully. I found Jerry and his assistant John to be honest and hard working. I will definitely use him in the future.

Description of Work
The decorative cedar around a planter and around our garage needed replacing.

Category handyman service

[Member Name Removed], We appreciate you business . Please call if you need my services at anytime. Thank You Jerry Home Repairs BYJerry

08/08/2019

Jeffrey B.

excellent and professional workmanship; great customer service, very reasonable prices.

Description of Work
various projects: replacing bulbs and batteries, plumbing, hardware installation, etc.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank You for the review. My goal is to make my customers satisfied with my services. call me anytime. Jerry Home repairs BY Jerry

07/12/2019

Teri G.

Jerry and John were terrific. They put up vertical blinds on four sliding glass doors and put together my new generator. They worked quickly and efficiently and cleaned up everything afterwards. I plan to have them come back and install new closet systems.

Description of Work
Needed vertical blinds installed and generator assembled.

Work Completed On 07/05/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank You for the review . Look forward to you call for the new closet system. Jerry Home Repairs By jerry

07/10/2019

Tomas C.

Great service, Jerry and his partner worked around a time constraint and completed all required work to my satisfaction. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Caulking, fan installation, replace locks

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 07/10/2019

[Member Name Removed], I was Glad to be of service to you,. Call me anytime. Jerry Home Repairs By jerry

07/03/2019

Bradley B.

Called Jerry Friday evening and set up appointment for today. He arrived promptly and did a great job. He also cleaned up all the mss and left the bathroom spotless! My wife is very impressed. Strongly recommend.

Description of Work
Re-caulked shower

Work Completed On 07/03/2019

[Member Name Removed], Thank You for the review and recommendation. Jerry Home Repairs By Jerry

05/13/2019

Twig T.

They did a terrific job. Arrived on time and completed the job past my expectations. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Resealed and re-caulked the windows

Work Completed On 05/02/2019

12/22/2018

Susan S.

Jerry and his helper John did an excellent job and they were quick and efficient, unlike some other handymen I've hired who draw out jobs especially when paid by the hour.

Description of Work
Build a shelving unit with a fireplace; hang Roman shades