GSM Builders LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since September 2013

2.5

2701 E Oakland Park Ave Ste A

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306

GSM Builders is a state licensed General contractor and Pool Contractor based in South Florida, and the ultimate solution if you’re looking to renovate your home/pool or build a new home or pool. With over a decade in this line of business and a highly competent team, GSM Builders is fully prepared for the most challenging projects. GSM Builders offers you a wide range of services: renovations (be they complete interior and exterior home renovations or room additions), doors and windows not just aesthetically complimenting your home but also protecting it from the tropical storms, kitchen and/or bath redesign/renovation, home automation and integration, and even completely new construction. In short, GSM Builders offers you everything you could possibly need to turn your luxury house into a modern, aesthetically pleasing home you’ve always dreamed of for yourself and your family. In the case you’re unsure what would be the best solution, or if you have only a vague idea of what you’d like, GSM Builders architects and designers will carefully listen to everything you have to say, and then brainstorm the perfect solution while working closely with you every step of the way. GSM Builders understands and respects that your home is a unique representation of who you truly are, and will always go the extra mile to create and build exactly that. For further information, please don’t hesitate to take a look at the Services page, or contact us for a detailed conceptual estimate based on today’s construction costs and the location of your home. We’re looking forward to hearing from you and to creating the home you’ve always wanted, exactly the way you wanted it!...

06/01/2019

Jeff&Drew D.

Its all above

Description of Work
He refuses to plaster and fill the pool until he gets an answer about a separate project we thought we wanted him to work on. However his incompetence and obvious negligence has changed our minds. So we paid him the deposit in April 2018 and it’s now June 2019 and not done. He has failed nearly all inspections and even admitted to not doing a soil test before digging. What a “professional”. Oh and he’s blamed us for everything that went wrong?! Wait, who’s the paying customer who has paid 40% above budget and still not a functioning pool???? I wouldn’t recommend this man or any of his affiliates to my worst enemy. For those who decide to hire him.. make sure u give him and his guys ice water and pick up all their trash after they leave, or else all you’ll hear is “my lawyers my lawyers my lawyers, youlll pay you’ll pay!!’ What a joke. You’ve already admitted to to many mess ups in your manic emails. I’m sure you “lawyers” would rather just settle on this one.

01/15/2019

Jodi C.

Please be very careful hiring this company. My father signed a contract and sadly passed away before any work was started. Prior to my father’s passing, GSM was paid a $25,000 deposit. My sister and I who are the Personal Representatives of the Estate were then sued by GSM for an additional $51,000; claiming lost profits in accordance to a little known law in FL. Not only had GSM not started ANY work and were already paid $25,000, they were now suing for more. My sister and I were forced on advice of counsel to pay an additional $17,500 to resolve the lawsuit. GSM Builders had no problem basically stealing $42,500 from the children of a dead man. Prior to paying the $17,500, my sister spoke to the owner and explained the situation to which he responded that he’d talk to his partners. He ultimately had his lawyer contact our lawyer to say he’s going forward with the lawsuit. I strongly advise against hiring this company based on greed alone.

Description of Work
Pool and backyard remodeling

Category decks, pool cleaners, remodeling, home builders, swimming pools, outdoor kitchens

04/18/2018

John G.

As one of the other reviewers stated, I would stay as far away from GSM builders and Greg Macintosh as you can. He was a nightmare to work with. I could go into countless details in how bad it was but I will just save you the time. Just choose someone else. If for some reason you want another reference on Greg you can call our landscaper Steven Meade with Natural Art Landscape & Design, Inc. 954-791-4441 office. Steven can tell you first hand from a professional what a nightmare Greg was to work with. If you need landscaping work Steven does a first class job. Greg will probably try to write some response to this....... people trust me..... nightmare.

Description of Work
Pool installation and pavers

06/09/2017

JOnathon C.

Stay far away from GSM Builders and Greg / Gregory McIntosh. I hired him to build a pool and landscape our yard as I was amazed by his previous work pictures on his website. Much to my dismay I found out the pictures on his website were stolen and it was not his work. My pool looks nothing like we were going for, it was not done in time, and Greg is extremely hard to work with. Greg has a complex to him and is extremely cocky. I was doing a full renovation on the house at the time and he argued and fought with every one of my other contractors. When I expressed my displeasure with him and his work he mocked me and responded ‘LMFAO’. I have had to pay a significant amount of money to fix issues that arose from his work. He misplaced sprinklers, installed the wrong water meter, and did not pull permits for certain work I have been told. The color of my pool is far off from what we were going for, and our hot tub takes 12+ hours to heat up, and one of the lights in the pool is broken. He didn’t explain how to use equipment just said to download a few apps. He tried to charge $500 to pick up extra pavers from my house after paying him $140,000+ for the job. He stole many of his pictures from a company called AAA Custom Pools and Signature Pools. If you look at an archived version of his website( [*** Link removed ***] ) you will notice the great majority of those pools are on AAA’s or Signatures website. After I reached out to both companies he threatened to sue me. Fortunately, I know the laws and my rights and he quickly receded and offered to settle with me. I insisted he remove any stolen pictures from his website and requested a clause in the settlement that nullified the agreement if he posted any stolen pictures in the future which he refused. Greg is a fraud and a complete liar, still to this day he has pictures of work he did not do on his website. Pool contractors are a dime and a dozen in South Florida. Don’t make the same mistake I did and do more research when hiring a contractor.

Description of Work
Landscaping, Landscape Lighting, Pool, Driveway, Sprinklers

Category swimming pools

We are sorry you feel this way and we have not been notified about any issues other than the heater not heating as fast and the light in the spa and the light was changed. Then we were told we were not allowed on or near your property per your email. We strive at GSM to build a quality product, on time, and have superior customer service. Which we did and continue to do. This project made into a magazine of which we here at GSM builders did not put the ad in the magazine. I do believe the homebuilder did which features 3 pictures (one interior photo, one of the pool and backyard landscape, patio, and one of the front yard and landscape. We built the Pool, Landscape, Irrigation, and landscape lighting, hardscape and backyard fire pit. All permits were pulled for all required work and finaled out in December 2016. The client may be getting us confused with the outdoor kitchen. We believe it was done without a permit. We DID NOT install the outdoor kitchen. Nor do we install water meters. The city installs the water meters. The client was ecstatic and even sending emails to the tune of. " We want to thank you for all the hard work the past week, we are very happy how things are turning out". That was about 2 weeks prior to plastering the pool and everything was pretty much done at that point minus the plastering of the pool and filling it. There were never any negative exchanges from my company or crews with the contractors or client at anytime throughout the entire project. As far as the pool heater, it is a heat pump and heats like it should and was checked by the manufacturer. An electric heat pump in Florida heats at about 1 degree per hour. Gas heaters heat quicker and this was explained to the client in detail. It was also explained that the client can add gas heat to heat the pool quicker then convert to a heat pump once it got to his desired temperature as it is propane heat not natural gas and would cost a lot of money to heat with just propane. If the client had natural gas fed from the street then the best way to go would be a natural gas heater. That was not an option on this project as it was a buried propane tank. The spa light was checked by the manufacturer and was replaced. As far as the pool color and pool. It was what they chose for the design and they picked the pool color. We do not choose the pool color for the clients. We can advise and we did and went over pictures. The pool was modified at the time of engineering to make the spa larger thus making the trough around the spa smaller. All was approved by the client and built per plan. We upgraded the client to free glass tile for the spa and added glass bead to the pool finish. They were happy at the time of completion and were showed in detail how to use the system. There was never any disagreements or issues through out the job or at completion of the project. As a matter of fact, the client hired us to do additional work after the pool was completed on this job. This job was closed out, permits finaled and client paid GSM Builders in full. The job was checked and gone over and the client was happy with the exception of the spa light and the heater not heating as fast as he would like it to. As stated above both issues were handled by the manufacture of the equipment. We were never called about any other issues on this job. Then we were called two months after job was completed and asked to take the remaining pavers that were neatly left on the side of the house for the client to use for an outdoor pool table area. Once the client decided the pavers were not needed he called us to remove them. He took exception to us charging him for the paver removal and is now posting this review. In addition threatened us to changed the color on his pool or he would write review and "put us out of business". We offered to remove the pavers for free after him showing us his displeasure including offering to drop off a rather nice bottle of wine as we did not intend to offend or upset the client. The client refused and said (we are no longer allowed on or near his property). If we do not refinish his pool with a new color then he would (put us out of business). We are a state licensed general contractor and state licensed commercial swimming pool contractor both licenses are held in the owners name and have built projects in excess of 2 million dollars and continue to build successful projects throughout South Florida and the Caribbean.

12/20/2016

John L.

They never responded to my inquiry.

Description of Work
Sheetrock repair and entry door replacement and some windows

Category remodeling

We are sorry. We have/had no inquiry from this contact info.

08/03/2016

TERESA N.

Description of Work
tried to contact them to get estimate for pool and patio construction. was told to send a text which I did right away and never was contacted.

Category swimming pools

We never received contact info. Perhaps was sent to wrong number?

07/01/2016

Michael S.

Description of Work
He showed up and I told him what we wanted, addition to the home, island pool, fireplace, overhang, deck and enclosure. Never got back to us at all!. I called twice during the three weeks he kept us waiting, he said next week. I finally got tired of waiting and hired another company, he wasted about three weeks of our time.

Category remodeling, swimming pools

04/06/2016

Greg M.

07/14/2015

DALIA B.

THE PROJECT WENT GREAT! GSM BUILDERS DID A WONDERFUL JOB. THE OWNER WAS ON SITE THROUGH OUT THE WHOLE PRCESS FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND GSM BUILDERS TO BUILD A POOL. THE TIME FRAME FROM START TO FINISH WAS LESS THEN 2 MONTHS. WE ARE ENJOYING OUR NEW POOL AND SPA. THANK YOU GREG/ GSM BUILDERS!

Description of Work
WE INSTALLED A NEW SWIMMING POOL AND SPA

04/17/2015

jake C.

My experience was amazing. Not only were these guys cheaper than the first guy I contacted, they had better quality and a greater selection. Greg was really easy to work with and made sure that I was taken care of. I'd use these guys again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Installed impact windows and new door frames.

Category replacement windows, woodworking

One Stop Pavers

One Stop Pavers is a family owed company that has been serving Florida for over 15 years. We service Broward and Miami Dade County. Our services are, but not limited to, installations, re-installations, remodeling, repairs, pool decks and renovations, and driveway. Our employees are professionally trained and experienced to provide the best service possible. We can get the job done quickly, professionally, and still be cost effective. We offer the lowest prices in South Florida so give us a call today for a free estimate!

Masterson Flooring LLC

An award winning family business, locally owned, for over years 48 years. Specializing in Commercial and Residential flooring. We can handle any size job including Hardwood, Carpeting, Laminate, Marble, Stone, Vinyl and LVT. We also are available to assist your Kitchen and bath remodels. We are recognized craftsman on commercial, residential and marine interiors. Masterson Flooring was formally, Carpets Plus of Deerfield Beach.

Karoly Windows & Doors

Karoly Windows & Doors specializes in new and replacement windows and installation. With many years of experience in the industry, our knowledge of the many types and styles of windows is extensive. We will happily provide a free design consultation and help you choose the perfect windows for your home. Whether you prefer vinyl, aluminum, impact resistant, or energy efficient windows, we can assist you. We carry the top brands of windows including Simonton, PGT and BHI. Once you've decided on the right style and type of windows, we will install them for you. We will also happily beat any written quote from our competitors so you know you are truly getting the best deal possible. You can rest easy knowing that all of our products and services are 100% satisfaction guaranteed by Karoly himself. We encourage you to collect several estimates before you decide to go with any company. We know your time is valuable, so we've created the fastest way to get a 98% accurate quote by just letting us know the rough measurements of the windows and/or doors you'd like to replace. You may submit these measurements online on our website (www.karolywindows.com) or by phone 321-608-4343. We can not accept work for homes built prior to 1952 due to lead paint related regulations. All windows and doors are custom built to size specifications and because of that we have a 4 window minimum within our service area. Service areas include Tampa Bay, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Largo, Palm Harbor and surrounding areas.

Offers by Karoly Windows & Doors on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

New construction, remodeling, new pool construction & remodeling, pavers, patios, driveways, outdoor kitchens, outdoor design.

Fencing repair.