Electronic Door-Lift Inc

Founded 1964 • With Angi since March 2006

6601 NW 15th Ave

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

Additional phone number - (561) 832-7699....

05/24/2017

Jill H.

Great. I have been calling EDL to service the existing garage doors (which were also EDL installed) since I bought my home and have been very happy with their service and impressed with how long the existing doors had lasted. I finally had to replace the doors after someone hit one of them and I called EDL. Everything went smoothly and the EDL employees from sales to installation, including front desk, were prompt, friendly and professional every step of the way. I had a problem a few weeks after installation and EDL responded promptly. The service technician EDL sent (Pedro) was great in resolving my problem and making a few other minor adjustments. I highly recommend EDL.

Description of Work
Two garage doors replaced.

01/08/2017

Mike K.

Needed urgent help on a Saturday afternoon. EDL was backed up yet promised they would come out. The prices quoted made us think worst case scenario yet things worked out great since the technician skilled. We had multiple problems with our garage door and I was not sure it would be secured for the night. James came out, evaluated the situation and was able to resolve the problem quickly and efficiently. It was not an easy job yet he got it done. Dispatch also did a good job keeping us informed of scheduling. If you need help with your garage door, we would highly recommend EDL.

Description of Work
Our garage door came off and had numerous problems.

03/19/2016

PHYLLIS J.

I was in trouble. My coil on my garage door broke with my car inside and so I couldn't open the garage door. I called other providers on Angie's list who supposedly have emergency service 24/7 and not one of them responded or couldn't fix it over the weekend. I called EDL on Saturday morning and they came out that same morning and fixed my garage door. I used them a couple of years ago and still had their number. They were outstanding.

Description of Work
replaced two broken coils on double garage door and maintenance on single garage door

05/19/2015

Kyle B.

I set an appointment at the reps convenience (BillGiacalone). Giacalone on the day of the appointment just showed up at my home at an unspecified time. I was in the middle of doing something important and had to stop to accommodate him. It was like Giacalone expected me to. I found the conversation with Giacalone confrontational. I had been asking Giacalone what was different about his door brand vs. his competitor. Giacalone told me he has no idea what the other doors offer and it was not a concern of his. Giacalone gave me an estimate that was the highest all of the door companies. I then asked Giacalone about the difference in a chain driven garage door open vs. a belt driven. He told me the price would be $30 more for a belt driven but they were not as good as a chain driven motor. Later Giacalone told me the belt driven motor would be $160 more. I questioned him. Giacalone became defensive. So I said you don't really want to argue about this do you? Giacalone said, "I will argue about this". Unfortunately, Giacalone's demeanor during the whole process was annoying and defensive when asking him questions. In fact, he would go around the issues to avoid them. I told Giacalone goodbye. He stood in my garage defiantly as I went to go in the house. I then called EDL and asked to speak with the owner, Jack Trout. He was not available. Darcie said she would have him call me. I was hoping he was interested in working this out. Trout did not call back and was not interested in resolving this issue. I would not use this company. First off, they were the most expensive. Second it is obvious from the owner down they do not care and do not conduct themselves in a professional manner. It was also obvious from the pushy and demanding Giacalone that if you use them you can only expect poor service and follow up.

Description of Work
Rep. showed up at my home unannounced, was rude and started an argument. Owner then refused to return my phone call.

01/18/2015

Rodolfo G.

I purchased a Raynor Trademark Garage door as well as a Chamberlain garage door opener for my home. EDL also removed my existing garage door and opener. EDL was very professional in all aspects of the business. They were fairly priced and very punctual. They also helped us with the entire permit process. I would definitely recommend EDL to anyone looking for a garage door.

Description of Work
Purchase and install of hurricane storm proof garage door.

01/12/2015

RICHARD G.

They really know what they're doing.

Description of Work
They have worked on my garage door numerous times.

11/21/2014

Stephen S.

The EDL Service Representative---'ELOY'---did an OUTSTANDING job replacing the entire top section of our double-car metal garage door. In addition---and NOT a part of the GL HOMES work order---Eloy *VOLUNTEERED* to re-program BOTH of our remote garage door openers so that each opener would open BOTH of our garage doors (i.e., these remote openers had 2 buttons but had originally been programmed by the Developer to open ONLY ONE of the TWO garage doors). In addition, the Service Technician, Eloy, programmed our LEXUS automobile's automatic Garage Opener buttons to open/close BOTH of our garage doors (which actually eliminated the need to use the 'Remote' Garage Door Openers)! My wife and I REALLY APPRECIATED Eloy's NON-CHARGE 'EXTRA SERVICE' re-programming of both our remote control garage door openers as well as his programming our Lexus car door buttons. It is incredibly rare in today's 'cut-throat' business environment to find a Service Technician willing to do something like this...FREE OF CHARGE...for a customer! His 'extra effort' for us ensured our willingness to HIGHLY RECOMMEND Electronic Door-Lift Inc to other people!

Description of Work
This service call to replace a section of our metal garage door (which had been damaged during construction) was initiated by our home construction company, GL HOMES, under our Home Warranty policy. As such, there was no charge to us for the service.

08/28/2014

Jo Anne C.

Very satisfied with the time and work spent.

Description of Work
EDL did a maintenance on our garage door. VERY EFFICIENT. We've been using them for years!

06/03/2014

carol P.

They were great. The gentleman that came out to do the estimate was very good, professional and very nice mannered. The installers were there on time and called before they showed up.

Description of Work
Electronic Door-Lift installed a garage door us.

04/29/2014

Gabriel B.

My garage spring was broken, I called them on the 28th and they came within 24 hours. Bob replaced both springs for a competitive price, I'm really happy with EDL.

Description of Work
Repair garage sping

04/20/2014

Roberta K.

Serviceman came when scheduled. He explained the need for a new opener and did the job efficiently.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door opener with a new one

04/19/2014

Debbie H.

The entire experience was great. I've actually used this company before in the past and did not know that they were on Angie's list. Making the appointment was quick and professional and the service window worked perfectly for my schedule. The technician was punctual and extremely professional. The repairs were done quickly and I would highly recommend this company to anyone needing garage door repairs. Debbie

Description of Work
Repaired garage door opener/replaced internal parts. Serviced remotes

04/19/2014

Norman K.

Good experience from sales to installation. Job did require a follow-up adjustment which was performed by the tech who serviced homes in our area. No issues.

Description of Work
Replaced 16 x 7 garage door with Miami-Dade code compliant door.

04/18/2014

Joesph F.

They came out and did a good job. They quoted their price even before they came out. They told me what it was going to be and it was. They did a good job. They responded very fast and they were out the next day. The price was ok. They replaced it with a pretty big spring.

Description of Work
I used Electronic Door-Lift Inc to replace the springs on a double garage door.

04/10/2014

Jeff K.

The repair tech was prompt, professional, knowledgeable (didn't try to upsell us) and paid attention to details. Install was very clean and neat. The price was good, but I've used EDL for 20+ years in three houses and they've always been reliable.

Description of Work
Two new light duty commercial door lifts installed, along with wireless door openers and two keypads on each of the garage doors. Also, the springs were serviced and re-tensioned properly making door opening/closings manually (power outage) much easier.

04/08/2014

Craig R.

Came out an identified the problem. As we thoght, we needed a new unit. The cost of a replacement unit was the the compnay was very fair having proced many out on my own. The technicican did the work quickly and correctly. Very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Installed a new automatic garage foor system.

03/06/2014

Michael S.

I have used EDL several times and each experience has been a good one. They arrive when they say and they do a complete job. I will continue to use them in the future and you cannot go wrong trying their services out.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 garage doors with insulated and finished doors.

01/15/2014

Bob B.

Replaced main door spring serviced door components and aligned sensors.

11/22/2013

Scott M.

Crew arrived on time, asked about any preferences I had and proceeded to change out the door and track as agreed. Door was installed flawlessly and has performed as expected for the past month.

Description of Work
EDL replaced an old, insulated garage door.

10/16/2013

Anthony R.

Franco arrived promptly at noon(scheduled time) and proceded to remove my old unit and replace it with a new one with all the included accessories in less than 90 minutes. He did an outstanding job! I was very pleased with my entire experience. From dealing with the office staff(Susan and Dottie), to the product itself, to the installation, to the more than fair price! I expect to enjoy the use of my new Liftmaster Elite 8550 w/all the bells and whistles for many years to come! I especially like the app on my phone that enables me to control the opener from anywhere as well as receive alerts concerning the status of the garage door. If you have the means, I highly recommend getting one!

Description of Work
Installed a new garage door opener.

09/12/2013

Frances E.

EDL called to reschedule initial appointment, because they said that they did not have anyone available to keep initial appointment. Technician came two days later to rescheduled appointment. His first comment was that the model of my car being older than 2012 was an issue. My car had been programmed for our garage door in previous home. While he was waiting for main garage door to reset he attempted programming for secondary garage door. That programming worked. He had me turn my car around to face the garage that would actually house the vehicle. However, he was unsuccessful when he attempted to program for garage door that car was going to be parked in. He said that the problem was with my car. That could not be. My car had already accepted programming for two other garage doors, including the secondary one he just did. Then he started walking toward his truck. I asked if he was leaving and he said again that the problem was my car and programming could not be done. Another vendor was waiting for me in my driveway. That vendor was shocked at the way the EDL technician spoke to me and they said that they could not believe how rude he was. The only good thing I can say is that I was not charged for wasting my time and being subjected to his rudeness.

Description of Work
We called EDL because their Sticker was on the garage door motor. Scheduled appointment to have cars programmed to use auto garage door opener.

08/23/2013

Addys D.

It was horrible. First they gave us attitude over the phone, sold us the product without wanting to with a very racist attitude. Afterwards when we realized the spring was labeled incorrectly, we called immediately but were told that it was our fault. They were acting as though we were inferior to them and know nothing of what we were doing. They only time they were nice was when we told them I was going to complain to Raynor Garage Doors who they are distributors of. THEY HAVE A HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE FACT THAT THEY ARE RACIST AND UNPROFESSIONAL MAKES THEM ONE OF THE WORST GARAGE DOORS COMPANY I HAVE DEALT WITH.

Description of Work
I purchased a spring from the company to replace on my garage door.

07/01/2013

Cynthia M.

Repairman was timely, knowledgeable with good customer service skills. We felt he did a thorough job of diagnosing the issue and repairing it adequately. We would use them again and recommend this company

Description of Work
Diagnosed non working garage door, replaced the gear and checked our other garage door

05/16/2013

Harry P.

generally the garage door replacement went well The technician was very responsive and replaced the motor and attachments quite well and completely. however, the new garage door did not work with Homelink, and several calls to EDL's ofice did not provide any response to correct the defect - so I have to use the supplied garae door opener hey had seveal complaints with pre 2010 cars with Homelink not working with newer garage doors, but they failed to follow up properly.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door opener

04/09/2013

Ivelisse O.

The day of the service, the technician was on time and did the job well. He even gave us tips on how to care of our unit. He was courteous, professional, and helpful. We were left with a good impression of this company, and will continue to use their services from now on.

Description of Work
I contacted the company when our garage door started malfunctioning. The customer service representative was corteous and assigned a reasonable date of service.

Florida Garage Door Company

The Florida Garage Door Company offers a complete line of high quality Garage Doors, Openers, Parts, and Accessories by major brand names. Our technicians are experts in there field and work is warrantied. We happily of suggestions on the right parts and cost effective methods to repair or replace your door. Any questions you may have we will gladly answer to help you make a decision. Some of our products offered are listed below. All doors provided by Florida Garage Door Company are hurricane tested and meet or exceed hurricane code. Florida Garage Door Company is independently owned and operated locally. We provide weekend and after hours appointments when its convenient for you. Please see our discounts and specials as we always strive to keep our prices low and workmanship high. Our trained and experienced technicians can work on any and all makes and models of garage doors and openers, including new doors, new garage openers or service your existing garage door. The Florida Garage Door Company is licensed and insured providing warranties on all products and services. You can learn more about our products and services offered on our website. Please call today to schedule a appointment. We look forward to making you a satisfied customer .

Offers by Florida Garage Door Company on Angi
    Allied Doors South Florida

Allied Doors has been family owned and operated since 1966! We specialize in garage door and garage door opener installation and repair. At Allied Doors we pride ourselves on our customer service!!

Brian's Garage Doors LLC

We have been servicing, repairing, & installing garage doors and garage door openers since 1997. Same Day Service & Repairs starting at $95.00 Veteran Owned and Family Operated Business.

Visa, MasterCard, Check, American Express, Discover
    $10

Residential & Commercial Garage Doors, Hurricane-Ready Systems & Automatic Openers. Custom Aluminum Gates & Fencing.