Dependable Shutter & Glass

Founded 2001 • With Angi since September 2007

11G17146X

4741 Orange Dr

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314

Dependable Shutter & Glass is a one-stop resource for all of your storm protection needs — from high-quality shutters to impact and non-impact windows and doors, safety window film, top-of-the-line installation, shutter conversion and maintenance services. We serve Miami and all of Dade County, Fort Lauderdale and all of Broward County, West Palm Beach and all of Palm Beach County. We go anywhere in South Florida and we do it all. You can depend on us....

hurricane shutters (190)window replacement (58)door installation (33)awnings (14)window treatment (7)electrician (3)general contractors (3)glass repair (2)patio enclosures (1)

07/28/2022

Barbara E.

The crew (Chris, Brian, Pat, Christian, & Gio) were very professional, dependable, respectively wore masks in my house & cleaned up each day before they left. Communication with the Office was a pleasure. It was a good experience & would highly recommend this crew & company! We are very happy with our new windows.

Description of Work
Replaced old windows with hurricane impact windows

Work Completed On 07/27/2022

04/12/2022

Shawn R.

Awesome job. Great install. Clean and friendly. Chris and Brian did great work. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
I had 3 impact doors installed

Category awnings, doors

Work Completed On 04/11/2022

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you, we are so pleased to hear your feedback and will pass along to Chris and Brian who truly enjoy their job. Thank you again.

06/25/2021

Jim A.

Ricardo, Denny, Andrew and Cris were our installers. They were on time everyday. They were neat, very knowledgeable and made the extra effort to make sure we were happy with there work. They are a credit to your company. Please let them know how pleased we are with there work. Thank You Ricardo, Denny, Andrew and Cris. Jim and Billie Anderton 3244 SW 53 Court Hollywood, Flrodia 33312

Description of Work
Inpact Windows

Work Completed On 06/25/2021

Thank you for sharing [Member Name Removed]!! DS&G is blessed with a great Team! Have a great day and Thank you again for your business!

05/03/2021

mary R.

Went great. Nice and polite young man came to do it. Have used for years to do this, glad I found them

Description of Work
Service my accordion hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 05/03/2021

We appreciate your feedback and your business! Great day!

02/27/2021

james M.

Excellent service, I'm very impressed with this provider. From beginning to the end I did not have to worry about the job. Everyone I dealt with at DSG was very professional and accommodating.

Description of Work
hurricane shutters, impact window

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We value your feedback Have a Great day and Thank you again for sharing!

02/16/2021

LISA M.

Very well. I am very pleased with the quality of work and the professionalism of Chris, Kevin and Ricardo

Description of Work
Impact windows and accordion shutters

Work Completed On 02/12/2021

Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your feedback. Have a great day and Thank you again for your business! Glad you could meet Chis, Kevin and Ricardo, they represent the DS&G family well!

02/07/2021

Lindsey H.

Christian, Jesus, and Jonny did an amazing job! We are now safer because of them. The entire process from start to finish was flawless.

Description of Work
Accordion Shutters

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

WOW!! Love it!! "entire process flawless". Reviews like yours reminds me why we do what we do! Thank you for sharing your experience! I must say, Christian, Jesus, and Jonny take a lot of pride in their work. Be Safe!

10/30/2020

Timothy M.

Chris, Mike, Art and Pat are top skilled professionals and did a fantastic job. Left my place very clean afterwards.

Description of Work
Impact windows

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]! We greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for your business! Be Safe

10/13/2020

Ed W.

Excellent..... Amazing Skill and professional competence. Absolutely pleased. Chris, the team leader and Mike were courteous and skillful. Kept our home clean while doing alot of demolition to remove and replace 8 windows and two sliding glass doors one that was a double sized door. Chris and Mike made sure that we were completely satisfied. They achieved that goal and left our property far better by the quality of their work and their attention to leaving our home completely clean. They hauled away all of the debris. All of my dealing with everyone in the company was first class. From Ron, the sales rep to the owner Wayne who personally measured out the job to the office personnel who maintained excellent communications with us. I can unreservedly recommend Dependable Shutters & Glass. They truly live up to their name.

Description of Work
Impact Windows and Glass Sliders installed and Storm proof Front Door

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

Thank you Thank you!! We appreciate you sharing in such detail. DS&G is blessed with a Great Team that truly cares. Thank you for your business! Be Safe

09/02/2020

Devora T.

Kenny,my technician was amazing. Polite,professional and so much more. The best service I ever had,though I find this company has always been very good. I will use them every year for sure. It is so rare these days to have any company send people that know what they are doing and are so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in real estate and late husband was a renovator/builder so I know about service and knowledge.

Description of Work
Maintenance on shutters and I had a problem locking one

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

WOW!! What a complement! I must agree, It is so refreshing, even more so these days, to have someone truly "Nice"! Kenny has been with DS&G from the beginning and a true asset. We appreciate your business and your feedback! Be Safe

08/10/2020

ELLEN M.

Dependable Shutter and Glass has very professional systems and people to answer your questions, make appointments and give estimates. Nina followed through on my initial inquiry with an appointment and was knowledgeable on the further repairs will do. Eisman Urbina was our technician and did a good job on the routine lubrication and maintenance appointment. We intend to use this company for follow-up service on shutters that are about 10 years old. As we are in the hurricane season and Covid-19, the company took a few days to schedule an appointment; however, the people answering their phones are very competent, took down all information and told me it might take a few days to hear back. Nina called to schedule about two days later and also scheduled our follow-up repair appointment; i found her very pleasant and knowledgeable about the work to be done and the rules and procedures of working in a condominium building.

Description of Work
Maintenance of hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing in such detail. "Pleasant and Knowledgeable", so rewarding to hear this feedback. DS&G is blessed with a Great Team! Thank you for your business, Be Safe!

08/02/2020

Elsa N.

It was a pleasure to work with this company. Robert presented all my options. Jairo and Deni installed windows and doors, they were always on time and very courteous. Wayne, the owner, is involved from the first call to the end of the project. I will recommend this group of professionals to everyone!

Description of Work
Replacement of windows and sliding doors

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

We appreciate you sharing your experience with DS&G. We certainly are blessed with a great team! Thank you again for your business! Be Safe

07/30/2020

Michele L.

On the phone, Nina was friendly and professional and the service was amazingly punctual, They sent messages saying they're on their way so we can monitor their arrival. Eisman, the technician, was very good at what he did, my shutters had been needing lubrication for a long time. I do recommend their service.

Description of Work
SHUTTER LUBRICATION

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience! Lubricating and exercising the accordion shutters is so important. In addition, the piece of mind knowing your ready for hurricane season is priceless. We appreciate your business, Be Safe!

07/24/2020

Joanie G.

Excellent- Technician Mr.Eisman showed up promptly at 9AM on July 23, 2020. He entered wearing a mask, gloves and coverings for his shoes which he kept on all the time.He went thru every shutter checking carefully and lubricating top and bottom He closed 2 shutters that I requested. He was extremely professional and answered all my questions.I recommend him highly and always request him when work needs to be done. A call came from Nina the contact person asking if I was pleased .She too was very professional and easy to talk to.I might add that anyone connected with Dependable Shutters is a delight to talk to.and I am so happy with this company .The name suits them well.

Description of Work
lubricate and check shutters on sliding glass doors

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience in such detail. Eisman and Nina work very hard to provide a special experience. Looks like they certainly delivered. Thank you for your business! Be Safe

06/24/2020

Corinne F.

I was completely satisfied with the caliber of work . Eisman was efficient and did a great job. I a as always was always ready to assist with all things needed. I will always use Dependable Shutter for all my needs. They aim to please. Corinne Friedlieb 8938

Description of Work
Shutter wheels repaired

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

You are spot on! WE AIM TO PLEASE We are not perfect but we certainly do aim to please! DS&G appreciates you sharing your experience and Thank you for your business! Be Safe

06/24/2020

Elaine F.

Mr. Eisman was the technician. He arrived on time, performed the annual service for our shutters, and cleaned up thoroughly when finished. His work was professional. He was efficient, pleasant, and provided us with tips to maintain the integrity of the shutters. Thank you Mr. Eisman and Dependable Shutters!

Description of Work
Annual service for hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

Our Pleasure!! Thank you for sharing your experience!! Be Safe!

06/17/2020

Gayle J.

DS&G was professional from start to finish. From the initial consultation to the Ops team who kept me informed of every step in the process. The installation team of Christian and Ricardo were exceptional!! They were punctual, and professional in their manner, they answered all my questions and advised me on all the necessary post-installation requirements. I highly recommend DS&G and especially Christian and Ricardo...their service delivery was fantastic!!

Description of Work
Hurricane Shutters were installed

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

Refreshing feedback!! Thank you for sharing your experience with the DS&G family! We are blessed! Be Safe

06/17/2020

Francisco S.

I first had accordion shutters installed an my condo on July 2011 by Dependable Shutter's and Window's. I then recently decided on April 2020 to install hurricane windows at my condo. Both time's I am happy I used Dependable Shutter's and Windows. On my second job the sales rep Mauricio Garci was very polite and professional. He explained everything to me before I made a decision with no pressure what so ever. And to the lady's in the office Paula and Surita thank you. These lady's are awesome. All paper work and dates where on point. Contact by phone or e-mail they did not miss a step. To top it off The Installer's Chris and Johnny really did what they came out to do. Covered everything, took out the old window's, put in the new one's and cleaned up behind them self's. I recommend Dependable Shutter's and Window's 110% Thank you all for the quick and awesome team work. Mr. F. Santos

Description of Work
Hurricane Window's

Work Completed On 06/16/2020

Review for Dependable Shutter & Glass - 4741 Orange Dr, Fort Lauderdale, FL - 38733271

Thank you for sharing! DS&G is blessed with many special people that truly care about our clients. It looks like you were able to experience this first hand. Thank you for your business! Be ssafe

05/27/2020

Elsa N.

Excellent! Service was done meticulously. Mr Eisman Urbina (my technician) was very honest. From 9 locks scheduled to be replace, he only replaced 1 because the other 8 needed to be oiled... It is refreshing to find a good company but it’s even better to find honesty !

Description of Work
Hurricane shutters maintenance

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

You are so right!! It all starts with honesty and the correct values. Thank you for sharing! Be Safe

05/25/2020

Susan S.

Everything was terrific from this company, especially communications from estimate to installation to inspection. I would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Hurricane Shutters

Work Completed On 05/25/2020

Glad to hear!! We appreciate you sharing your feedback. Its amazing how good communication makes such a difference. Be Safe!

05/18/2020

Nicole M.

6000 sq ft home, lots to remove, lots to replace. What a pleasure - from my appointment to discuss, measuring, punctuality, service and incredible workers who showed up on time, were friendly and cleaned up every step of the way. Could not believe that they were able to remove all of the windows and not create a mess. Quality products, excellent service, and a professional team - you cannot go wrong if you choose Dependable Shutter and Glass to make your home top notch. All the stars!

Description of Work
Impact windows and 3 oversized sliders

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

Love it!! "All The Stars" Thank you for sharing your experience! Its all about the Team. DS&G is blessed with many individuals that take pride in everything they do. BE Safe!

05/18/2020

Heather L.

We had an estimate done and the gentleman was very kind but they performed no services. I mainly wanted to make sure everyone know they decline to do windows for vinyl sided homes due to “bad luck” the owner has had in the past. This was what was relayed to me in an email from the man who came to do my estimate.

Description of Work
Storm windows

Work Completed On 05/18/2020