Cliff's Pools & Patios

Founded 1986 • With Angi since February 2007

4.2

Additional DBA names: Cliff's Pools & Patios Affordable Makeovers & The Business Man, Inc....

One Stop Pavers

One Stop Pavers is a family owed company that has been serving Florida for over 15 years. We service Broward and Miami Dade County. Our services are, but not limited to, installations, re-installations, remodeling, repairs, pool decks and renovations, and driveway. Our employees are professionally trained and experienced to provide the best service possible. We can get the job done quickly, professionally, and still be cost effective. We offer the lowest prices in South Florida so give us a call today for a free estimate!

South Florida Concrete Designs

SPECIALIZE IN TRANSFORMING OLD CONCRETE INTO AN AFFORDABLE, BEAUTIFUL SPACE THAT WILL ADD VALUE TO YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS Let us help redesign and Resurface your old concrete into something new. Driveway Patio Pools Decks Commercial Business ACID Wash pools

Alpha Foundations

At Alpha Foundations, we are redefining our industry and changing customer perception of what it means to work with a contractor. We believe that the homeowner experience should and can be more than mediocre service. We believe in a world where the customer is deeply cared for and builds a long-term relationship with their contractor. We see a world where the work is done right the first time, with the highest quality materials, by trained employees who deliver the best customer experience, and with a permanent solution that we stand behind. We believe the bar for an exceptional customer experience can be set so high that mediocrity in the contracting world is simply no longer accepted or tolerated. We use this perspective in all the work we do.

11/12/2021

Marvin N.

Cliff's completed a resurfacing job back in February 2021. Overall the job was "fine", not great. Pool definitely looks better than it did before. However, we paid a little extra for their "krystal blue" color since their pictures showed a very beautiful, bright blue. While the end product was nice, it was not the level of brightness that they led us to believe, so on that front we felt a bit misled. Also, we would've appreciated a heads up that we should cover our patio furniture. After completion, it took a while to clean everything up. At no point before the project began did anyone mention the incredible amount of dust that would be left behind which we'd be responsible to clean up. Even with all that said, though, that's not why I'm giving a 1 star review. There were 2 separate issues I brought to their attention after the project was completed: 1) pool light stopped working after they completed the job. It was a brand new light that had been installed about 1 week before Cliff's began their job. The pool company that installed it advised that there was evident damage to the socket as a result to the light being mishandled during the renovation. ($350 to replace the light) 2) A separate electrical issue that per the electrician was caused by bad equipment used by Cliff's. This equipment issue was known by the workers beforehand and didn't tell me so I needlessly spent about $180 for the electrician to come out. If the crew had simply advised me that the circuit breaker issue was a normal occurrence, I would not have called the electrician. I had told the crew the day before that I was thinking of calling an electrician and they thought it was a good idea. After multiple calls/emails from me, it took Cliff's 7 months, yes 7 MONTHS, to address the issues. And I waited all that time just for them to tell me that they're not responsible for either problem. For the pool light, they put all the blame on the person installing it. For the electrical issue, they said the electrician lied in his assessment and it wasn't Cliff's fault. So after spending nearly $12,000 on the renovation, they were unwilling to provide any concessions, except for 1 month of free pool service (and why on earth would I want them to do more work on my pool after going through all that??). It's apparent that Cliff's has terrible response times to issues brought on by their customers. Also, they will bend over backwards to avoid any liability. I have since found many bad reviews on community pages on Facebook with people experiencing similar problems with Cliff's avoiding making customers whole on problems they created. I really wish I had seen all that prior to having them work on my pool. After writing a couple reviews on other sites, the owner contacted me and offered to pay for the electrician's bill (the previous manager I had spoken to a month prior had insisted that I could not escalate the issue any further). However, they'd only provide the refund if I removed my negative review. I said I would MODIFY my review based on the latest conversations, but that I would still note that issue with the pool light, as well as the incredibly poor response time. At that point Cliff's took the refund off the table completely, and claimed that I was "cyber bullying". They then proceeded to respond to my online reviews by calling me a liar. The irony there is that in their response, THEY lied by saying they were very responsive to my complaints (again, it took 7 months to get any type of response from them). Nothing I have said is a lie. I have written invoices from both the pool company and the electrician with their assessment that Cliff's actions/equipment were responsible for the issues. My reviews simply relayed what was on those invoices. If they have a problem with that, then their issue is with those companies, not with me. It was incredibly insulting that Cliff's would call me a liar online.

Description of Work
Pool resurfacing and re-doing the coping around the pool.

Category ceramic tile,remodeling,swimming pools

Cliff’s Pools and Patios has been in business for many years, enjoying thousands of satisfied customers and a 99%+ customer satisfaction level. This is evidenced by our high ratings across the board, including with longstanding and reputable institutions like the BBB (A+ rating), HomeAdvisor, Google, Yelp and Angie’s List. Our top priority is and has always been providing outstanding customer service, quality and value to our customers. We take our customer feedback extremely seriously. Unfortunately, the claims Mr. [Member Name Removed] makes in this review and similar posts around the internet are false, baseless and damaging to our small, family-run business. Mr. [Member Name Removed]’s first false claim is that Cliff’s Pools is responsible for damaging a light he had installed by a third-party prior to any work that we were contracted for. We successfully completed all work on Mr. [Member Name Removed]’s project on February 8, 2021, at which point he was satisfied with the work and paid in full. The second false claim is that Cliff’s Pool should be responsible for paying Mr. [Member Name Removed]’s electrician bill, which he incurred after deciding against our recommendation to conduct an unneeded service call during his project. On February 4, Mr. [Member Name Removed] called our office to explain that the power had tripped a few times the day prior while our crews were working at his house. At no point did we recommend that he hire an electrician and, in fact, when the electrician came out, he determined that there was nothing to repair and charged Mr. [Member Name Removed] for the service call. Finally, our office staff was responsive and timely throughout the duration of Mr. [Member Name Removed]’s project, including addressing the “issue” with the power tripping. Cliff’s Pools and Patios’ commitment and dedication to our customers’ satisfaction is second to none. We do not take false claims against our business lightly and will be taking the necessary action to repair damages done by Mr. [Member Name Removed]’s defamatory posts. Thank you for taking the time to review our response.

09/30/2020

Phil M.

So far so good. They came to house and get the details that they needed. They have fair prices. They were professional and competent. They have good show room. We were happy so far.

Description of Work
They would put in terrazzo, would resurface the pool, and would put in pool heater

07/30/2018

Mary P.

The pool and spa look specatacular! They explained all the work in detail, showed us samples in their shop, had a wide selection of tiles and coping, let us take home samples to look at by the pool. They were responsive, punctual, worked long hours, cleaned up their work, and did a great job. If I ever remodel another pool, I will call them again.

Description of Work
Remodeled our pool and spa: New coping, new tiles, new lights, and resurfaced.

Category ceramic tile,pool cleaners

Thank you! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Cliff's Pools & Patios, and are here if you have any questions or need anything else in the future. Thank you again! Cliff's Pools & Patios.

02/03/2018

Karen T.

The job itself was fine, but over-priced. We went with them anyhow due to their reputation. It was completed in March 2011. Last year I noticed problems. I contacted Cliff's and Florida Gem. Florida Gem came out twice and looked at it. They said they'd work with us on material pricing. Cliff's never came and looked at the pool. They do not return calls or assist in any way. I have contacted Brandon in maintenance by phone , e-mail, and letter. My daughter also contacted them on my behalf. Brandon said Cliff would offer a discount, but I never heard back from them. This has been going on since August 2017. Their warranty is for 10 years, but is completely worthless. They also lie, telling my daughter Cliff spoke to me when he did not. NEVER use this company - there are too many other choices.

Description of Work
Re-finish pool.

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

Hi, we strive to offer the BEST VALUE to our customers, for over 40 years. We take pride in the quality of products & work we provide, and work to educate customers on the difference between our superior products and methods versus the many "low price/low quality" offerings in the marketplace. Please call us at 954-742-2000 should you have any questions about this review.

12/26/2017

Bonnie W.

Fast forward 5-6 years later, and we noticed the deck was literally peeling off the old chatahoochie stone. A contractor who was working inside my house said it was obvious that the materials used were not properly adhered to the surface. Fast forward less than a year, and the diamond brite surface began to chip off the pool . We called Cliffs pools , stated the problems, and were told there would be a charge for them to come out to look at the issues. We refused to pay for an estimate. We are currently having the pool resurfaced--eight years after Cliff's pools completed it- ( we can no longer ignore the problem, which we have lived with for over 2 years)- with another vendor. We had numerous people in for estimates, all of whom saw the chunks of diamond brite that had come off the pool. All of these people (who came out for estimates )gave the same diagnosis-- the application of the diamond brite that was used on our pool, was very thin- way below industry standards.. It was explained that many pool companies use contractors, who may or may not be properly trained. In addition it seems there is a problem in South Florida with unscrupulous contractors may pick up the bags of diamond brite required for the job, not use all of them on the job they are designated for, and keep the unused bags for jobs they later work on independently. My current contractor stated that it is obvious the pool was not sandblasted as it should have been, and they just painted the surface. It is obvious that the job that Cliff's pools demonstrated poor quality, shoddy workmanship. I would not recommend anyone use Cliff's pools, unless you have the ability to supervise the job and make sure it is completed properly.

Description of Work
This is an addendum to a review written in January 2010. at the time we had our pool re-surfaced, a repair done on the skimmer, and the deck coated with a plaster type coating... We were happy at the time, and the job looked great-- for a few years.

07/05/2017

Mark C.

We do not recommend this company. Cliff's has not stood behind their work or warranty! Within months of pool completion, we reported severe mottling/discoloration and shading variations on the Diamond Brite pool surface, which has a 10-year warranty. The Diamond Brite manufacturer sent their warranty department to perform an independent inspection in August, 2017 and immediately diagnosed the problem as an application defect known as "water entrapment" or "hydration stains". The correct resolution and recommendation is to re-surface the pool. The manufacturer plans to stand behind the product and will provide new material at no cost. However, Cliff has flagrantly refused to accept responsibility despite the manufacturer's recommendation and repeated attempts to resolve. It is unconscionable that we paid this contractor $32,000.00 and he has walked away from a failed surface. We are left with the expense to re-surface a new pool!

Description of Work
Contracted with Cliff's Pools and Patios for complete renovation of existing pool, decking and patio. Project cost $32,000.00- was paid in full upon completion.

Category patios,swimming pools,outdoor kitchens

Please call our office at 954-742-2000, as this review is patently false and we are available to discuss the validity of this false review.

05/29/2017

Doug C.

Within months of having my pool remodeled, the glass waterline tile starting falling off. Cliffs response was that "there is nothing wrong with the workmanship or the tile itself." Although they offered to replace the tiles that fell off, it looks like a patch job and the tiles continue to fall off. Not a good long term solution.

Description of Work
Pool resurfaced and new waterline tile installed.

Category ceramic tile,decks,pool cleaners,remodeling,deck cleaning,patios,swimming pools

04/11/2017

Francesco O.

Mediocre. Lots of spots in the finish. hand holders kept on coming off.

Description of Work
Resurface and replace tiles

03/23/2017

Christine L.

Orville and Cliff Jr started the process of chipping old surface, they were very clean and tidy with the debris. Next was tiling, light and salt system installation, which Orville did a fabulous job. We are extremely impressed with Cliff's pools professional staff & would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Refinishing of pool surface, including chipping up entire pool and resurfacing, tile replacement, installation of pool light and installation of new salt system.

Category pool cleaners

Thank you for the in-depth review of Cliff's Pools & Patios. We are here if you have any questions or need anything else in the future. Thank you again! Cliff's Pools & Patios.

02/08/2017

Michael N.

We never actually got to the job because of the price quoted along with the fact that the quotes were not actually for what I was requesting. Cliff's was prompt in setting up and appointment and having a sales guys come to the house for the quote. I clearly explained what I wanted, what were requirements, and what would be nice to haves. After going through the options, I thought we settled on what was going to be quoted. I was told I would have an email proposal in 2 days. I had to follow up on 5 and 6 days later on where is the quote. When I received their quote, there was sticker shock as they were nearly double other quotes, I've received. After getting through the next day to discuss the quote, it was discovered that my requirements were not even quoted. This was only to remodel the existing deck without adding in the extension to the pool deck which is the whole reason we asked for a quote. I asked for an itemized breakdown of the quote and was told "no we don't do that". Well, I don't do business with companies that can't clearly explain what I'm paying for and cannot justify the price difference. #1 rule of Sales - create value in products/services.

Description of Work
Pool Deck Remodel with extension and remodeling coping.

Category pool cleaners

We strive to offer the BEST VALUE to our customers, for over 40 years. We take pride in the quality of products & work we provide, and work to educate customers on the difference between our superior products and methods versus the many "low price/low quality" offerings in the marketplace.

Residential & commercial pool & patio refinishing, renovation & remodeling. Pool resurfacing, patio, driveway, decorative concrete coatings, pavers & travertine marble installation. Pool leak detection & repair. Pool equipment installation. Pool heating. Custom pool lighting. Natural salt chlorine systems. Complete pool service and maintenance.

Pool construction.