Kirkey Roofing Inc

Florida: General
08/31/2022

535 Paul Morris Dr

Englewood, FL 34223

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

LICENSE#: CCC1327984. Celebrating 70 years in business, Kirkey Roofing is the premier roofing contractor in Englewood, FL., Serving Sarasota, Charlotte, and Manatee Counties. Our roofers are certified professionals who are the best at what they do. Whether your home needs a new roof, re-roofing or roof repairs our professionals are there at your door. Your home’s roof is a key component of your residence. It needs maintenance and care to protect the rest of your home from the elements. Kirkey Roofing has been the trusted roofing contractor in the Sarasota Area since 1951 for a reason. We strive to go above and beyond on every single project we undertake. We understand that home is where the heart is, and it is our absolute honor to help take care of your roofing needs. Award winning....

4.3

roofing (45)skylight installation (3)insulation (2)lamp repair (1)

11/13/2020

Haydee M.

It was good! Since they did the work, I haven't had any problems. They were very gentle, and polite.

Description of Work
They repaired the leak in my roof.

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

09/21/2020

Jim B.

They were very professional and nice with the estimate process.

Description of Work
The roof is leaking into a room in the house.

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

10/12/2018

Marilyn T.

All of the people on the job were great. There was always someone eager to help with any concerns I may have had. The only down side of the job was that the office manager changed the date of the payment that I had previously agreed on.

Description of Work
Removal of existing roof, repairing or replacing plywood, New membrane and shingles

Work Completed On 09/20/2018

12/11/2017

Jeneane N.

They are the best! They do what they say when they say they're going to do it and at reasonable prices!!

Description of Work
Thought we needed our roof replaced, but they said it was in good shape!!! Have used them before for repair work. Wouldn't hire anyone but them to do the job!!! Fantastic company!!!

Work Completed On 08/11/2016

02/15/2017

Anne C.

They arrived on time and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
I needed repair work for 3 areas of my roof for a proper seal.

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Angie's List. We appreciate the feed back and thank you for choosing Kirkey Roofing. Best Regards, All of Us at Kirkey Roofing.

01/30/2017

Joan D.

Almost perfectly. Replacing a tile roof is an expensive job! Kirkey did a fine job. While they were not the cheapest, they were responsive, punctual, professional and did an EXCELLENT job. I did extensive research, interviewed 3 providers and choose Kirkey based upon a number of things such as 1. NO money down, 2. An extensive packet & DVD of info and a well informed salesman came to the house for the estimate, 3. They cover all insurance and pull the county permit, 4. Excellent choice of tiles and skylights.

Description of Work
Tile roof replacement

Category roofing,skylights

Work Completed On 12/29/2016

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for trusting Kirkey Roofing with your roof replacement and for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback to us. We truly appreciate it! We're so glad that you are pleased. If you need any future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Best Regards, All of us at Kirkey Roofing.

11/16/2016

Denise C.

Great job! Suzanne was a pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
Repaired a flat roof on a section of our home

Work Completed On 09/30/2016

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write a review. We are grateful that you selected Kirkey Roofing and are very happy that we met your expectations. Your feedback is important for us to also thank our team members, I will make sure to pass along your review and thanks. Sincerely, All of Us at Kirkey Roofing Inc.

11/11/2016

Robert S.

It started off, like my past 2 experiences in using Kirkey Roofing, very satisfactorily. Unfortunately, there was an accident, which occurred during the roof repair, in which 2 employees of Kirkey Roofing had a 4x4 fall from the roof onto my pool equipment. The result was extensive damage to my pool equipment. This was were Kirkey Roofing went from a very satisfactory company to an OUTSTANDING COMPANY, in my book. I believe it is always easier to rate someone or a company when things go right, but the true measure of something is how they react or handle things when they go wrong, whether or not by accident or not, I immediately contact the office at Kirkey Roofing and informed Susan the Office Mgr. of what had occurred. Susan contacted Linda the Site Mgr., who called me back within 8 mins. I asked Linda whether she wanted to contact a pool repair co., or have me contact my pool repair co., and without any hesitation she directed that I contact my pool repair co. Then within another 27 mins., Linda the Site Mgr. as well as Craig Squier whom I had always dealt with in the past, arrived at my home to inspect the damage. They took full responsibility for the accident and were very sincerely apologetic. They instructed me just send them the bill for the pool repairs and that they would take care of same. The roof repair was then completed that day, in the same fashion as was my 2 other previous repairs, in a very satisfactorily manner. Once all repairs to my pool equipment were completed, I sent Kirkey Roofing the invoice for same and true to their word, they took care of it. Which is why I believe that Kirkey Roofing is an OUTSTANDING COMPANY, that I would not hesitate to use again for any and all roofing repairs that I would need in the future, as well as recommend to all of my family and friends.

Description of Work
A roof leak repaired on my barrel tile roof. This was the 3rd time that I had utilized Kirkey Roofing to repair a different leak location on my roof. My customary practice is to obtain 3 estimates and then compare the costs, work to be done, professionalism of the individual providing the estimate, and past reviews on Angie's List. Since I was so satisfied after my 1st experience with Kirkey Roofing, when the next 2 times came wherein I need roof repairs, I didn't hesitate to contact them, without even obtaining any other additional estimates. That isn't something I do, unless I am totally satisfied with a company.

Work Completed On 09/29/2016

Thank you for choosing Kirkey Roofing for your roof repairs. We hate when we mess up, but are glad that we could correct the situation and provide you with the service you deserve. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide us valuable feedback. I will pass your feedback on to our team members and be sure to thank them for the assistance and service provided to you. It was a pleasure working with you. Best Regards to You, All of Us at Kirkey Roofing Inc.

10/27/2016

Charles S.

Contractor reviewed my type of roof on my house. They determined that it was not a type of roof that they worked on. Contractor was honest in their assessment, and recommended another contractor when that they felt was professional and honest. They recommended Anthony Leonard Roofing for my service since they could not work on my roof.

Description of Work
tried to get an estimate for a roofing job

Work Completed On 10/27/2016

Thank you for contacting us and also for providing feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and were happy to offer you assistance and recommendations. We hope that your project went well and hope we have the opportunity to work with you in the future. Best Regards, All of Us at Kirkey Roofing Inc.

09/15/2016

Vicki A.

They are excellent, responsive and reasonable.

Description of Work
I used them for roofing.

Work Completed On 02/15/2014

Thank you for choosing Kirkey Roofing for your roof repairs. We really appreciate your trust in us and for providing feedback and writing a review on Angie's List. Best Regards, All of Us at Kirkey Roofing.

08/24/2015

Angela L R.

Kirkey's was great! The customer service is top notch. Very professional and hard working crews. Clean up was great!

Description of Work
Replaced an old tile roof, underlayment & added additional insulation to attic area.

Category insulation,roofing

Work Completed On 08/13/2015

Thank you for your kind feedback. We appreciate knowing that you were satisfied. I will pass your remarks onto our team and thank them for their hard work. Best Regards, All of Us at Kirkey Roofing Inc.

03/26/2015

William T.

After his inspection Craig determined that our roof did not need to be cleaned and that we had a few more years before it would be required. We appreciate his honesty after all, he could have told us the work was necessary, given us a quote and we would have given him the job. His honesty has earned Kirkey our future business.

Description of Work
Craig from Kirkey came to our house to give us an estimate to clean our tile roof. He arrived on the day scheduled and called before arriving for the appointment.

Work Completed On 03/25/2015

10/06/2014

Linda D.

If you ever need a roof repair, this is the person to use. They returned my call within 24 hours, set an appointment, confirmed the appointment, showed up on time. Craig, the owner was courteous, professional and evaluated the leak himself, and then scheduled the repair. The repair was done in the time frame he quoted. He did not try to sell us a new roof or any additional product which is the experience we have had with other roofing companies. We highly recommend his company and we will be using him in the future when we replace our roof. Great service, great job, we were very satisfied with the whole experience.

Description of Work
Repaired roof, added new shingles where needed

Work Completed On 09/13/2014

Thank you for the great review and your feedback. We really appreciate hearing about your experience and your trust in us. I will pass your review onto our repair technicians. If you need any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to call us. Best Regards, All of us at Kirkey Roofing.

07/21/2014

Debi G.

Angie never showed for estimate nor did she call....waited all day.....but I did receive an immediate estimate from Olsen and Conway....apparently the appreciate my business .

Description of Work
Reroof

Work Completed On 07/21/2014

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were expecting Angie at your home and waited all day. At Kirkey Roofing we set appointment times and it is our policy for our estimators and technicians to call if they are running late for the appointment. We don't give a window or a few hours or a day. As a homeowner and consumer one of my biggest pet peeves is companies who give me a large time window, run late and don't call or don't show up. So I completely understand your frustration and am very sorry for the mix up. I reviewed Angie's schedule and could not find an appointment time for you. Please accept our apologies and trust that it was either missed communication or an honest mistake. We take a great interest in helping our clients with their roofing needs and are up front when homeowners call us if we don't believe that their needs fit within the scope of our services. We wish you the best in your roofing project and regret that we missed the opportunity to earn your business.

06/20/2014

Debi R.

His personality was good. He was helpful and very informative. He gave us some ideas of things that possibly could happen in the future. He was on time. He cleaned up after himself. His price range was within reason.

Description of Work
Roof leak patch

Work Completed On 06/19/2013

04/07/2014

John L.

They came out right away to take a look and give me a quote. They were reasonable with their quote, so I gave them the job on the spot. Very friendly, though because it was a smaller job they could not get to it until 3 weeks later. They finally came and took care of it right away. I did not have someone at my door hounding me for payment. Instead, they trusted me to mail them the payment after the job was complete. Very refreshing to have them trust you to pay when they do a good job. I kept their info as I would like for them to replace my roof in a couple years.

Description of Work
Power washed roof from mildew.

Work Completed On 11/22/2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you were pleased with your roof cleaning. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance to you.

03/24/2014

Barbara F.

We haven't had the work done as yet, but are going to go with this company. I have had several estimates for the job and Kirkey is the highest of the 5 estimates. but in all fairness they do include some things in the price that the other companies do not. But they do offer a $500.00 discount with their coupon an Angie's List. Angie Monton was the young lady that came to measure the roof and give me the estimate. She is very knowledgeable and personable and has called me several times to follow up with me. Will review their work after they install my new roof.

Description of Work
Came and measured the roof and provided me with an estimate for a new roof.

Work Completed On 03/20/2014

Thank you for your feed back. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you on your roofing project. It will be our personal goal to show you the quality of our work and the value of your investment. We hope to work with you and earn all A's!

11/20/2013

Jill N.

I think it went well. They took pictures and I showed up it was all clean. They showed before, during, and after pictures. When we are at our rental we like to go up on the roof. I knew about them from neighbors and hired them. One thing they do have is a one year warranty. If they didn't catch the leak they will find it and fix the problem again. It took them probably about four weeks to get to my project and then they let me know they had time. There was alot of rain and that backed them up on jobs. They just let me know when they could make it out.

Description of Work
They fixed a leak for my rental.

Work Completed On 10/01/2013

10/26/2013

Delores W.

Our first contact was with Angie for an estimate. She went up on the roof for a close look and took several pictures. She presented us with the impressive materials and underlayment that would be use and all steps and precautions that would be taken. When the crew started they took care to protect the driveway and walks. They arrived promptly each morning and cleaned up each evening. This company does not sub-contract workers. The first crew took off the old roof and made necessary replacement of rotted wood, and installed underlayment. the next crew installed the new flashings and barrel tiles. They work hard and long each day. They took great care to give us a GREAT new roof. My neighbors were impressed at the job they did and have asked for their business card. Also each day there was a supervisor on the job at some point in time. Any question were answered and a final inspection was done . I would highly recommend Kirkley Roofing to anyone who wants the job done right!

Description of Work
Kirkey Roofing installed an entire, new tile roof.

Work Completed On 10/22/2013

08/07/2013

Bruce R.

He told me when I would need a new roof in a couple of years. I found them doing the job that I wanted them to do. They were extremely reasonable and I had four quotes and they were the lowest but low bids can sometimes be poor bid but they weren’t anywhere near that. They were extremely thorough and pin pointed what was wrong and fixed it up. When they finished the job it was excellent.

Description of Work
I used Kirkey Roofing Inc as I was having a leak and they found the leak and found what caused the leak and fixed only those instead of a whole new roof.

Category lamp repair,roofing

Work Completed On 08/06/2011

07/29/2013

William & Phyllis B.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It was fine. We had a small leak and we didn't solve that problem but it wasn't really supposed to. We were just looking to see if we could find the issue but we did not. The gentleman who came out, I think he was the owner of the company, said if there was a problem when he comes back he'll call me and he'll come back and take a look at it again. I don't know if my son did or not. There were no additional charges. I found someone later on that was lower in price than they were to seemingly provide the same service. The question is the pricing a little bit. We might use somebody else just from a price point of view but if we try to find the same service on Angie's List for less money we obviously would do it that way.

Description of Work
Kirkey Roofing Inc. came out and checked the roof on my son's home thoroughly and did a little bit of caulking and stuff like that.

Work Completed On 02/08/2013

07/24/2013

TERESA G.

On Time, Very informative, and told us how to fix a couple of the problems without spending a lot of money. Very honest and will use them when we need work done. I would recommend them to anyone and know they will be fair and have the knowledge to repair or replace the roof.

Description of Work
We just purchased a house in Englewood and had them come out and inspect the roof.

Work Completed On 07/23/2013

04/30/2013

Everett W.

When you have two contractors on the same job you need.to have them inter act to get the job done efficiently. Any little issue puts one or the other off schedule, delaying the job. I would be happy to show off my new roof.

Description of Work
I had a complete reroofing of my house. They removed the old roof and replaced the plywood that needed to be replaced. They gave me pictures of every replaced sheet showing me the rotted areas. They updated the hurricane ties to the roof,laid the covering over the plywood, replaced the valleys and vents then installed the new cement tile. I had solar panels for my pool and hot water that had to be taken down and replaced by my solar contractor. After that Kirky returned to make sure that all tiles were secure and unbroken. I love my new roof. I have already received a rebate from my insurance company for the roof upgrade.