David Meyer Builder, Inc.

Founded 1982 • With Angi since November 2010

• Trade License Expiration
  • 08/31/2016

417 Benning Dr

Destin, FL 32541

I am an Angie's List Super Service Award Winner every year from 2012 to 2017 and a Certified General Contractor (FLlic#CGC1507887) specializing in home additions, remodeling, maintenence and repair serving Destin and surrounding areas since 1980. I have 2 full time employees including myself. I do hire licensed and insured subcontractors when it saves money for the customer or speeds up the job, but generally I do most of the work with my employees. My estimates are free and my contracts are written. I am punctual and my work is neat, clean, and most excellent....

home builder (48)home remodeling (17)door installation (16)window replacement (15)siding companies (15)drywall (14)woodworking (13)decks & porches (12)interior painting (8)house painting (7)deck cleaning (6)garage building (5)

11/11/2019

David was on time and on budget. His work was first rate and I wholeheartedly recommend his services.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
David replaced our condo doors and performed other drywall repair work and painting.

CATEGORY drywall,handyman service,remodeling,home builders,woodworking,interior painters,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/10/2019

06/06/2018

David did an excellent job quickly finding out problem for resolution. He knew exactly what needed done and kept me informed of status throughout project prior to tropical storm Alberto arrived. Would highly recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney repair.

CATEGORY chimney repair,home builders

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/17/2018

05/12/2018

It has been said that a contractor is only as good as the tradesmen that he hires. In the case of the renovation of our den, the tradesman that was used was Tommy Ealum, subcontractor for David Meyer Builder, Inc. Tommy Ealum and his crew did a fabulous job repairing the room and went over and above what was expected, with attention to detail. After roof damage by an EF0 tornado was repaired, a co...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The work needed for den was as follows: installation of ceiling insulation; installation and finishing of drywall on ceiling, support beam and post, and two walls; installation and finishing of Cornish board above wall sections; purchase and installation of new ceiling fan; installation of new trim for windows and baseboards; paint entire room.

CATEGORY drywall,insulation,remodeling,home builders,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2018

05/09/2018

One side of house done in June 2017 - work took 3 weeks because it was done by one person only. Quality of work was good. Attempted to schedule the remaining 3 sides of house early Jan 2018. I was originally told it would be on the schedule w/in a couple weeks. The work didn't get started until the week of 16 Apr, however the deposit check was cashed on 10 Jan 2018. Majority of work was done by on...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Address rotten wood on exterior siding of home; paint

CATEGORY siding,home builders,house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/26/2018

10/25/2017

He was friendly and professional. He made estimates and did the work promptly in my summer condo without my having to be there. He took pictures during the progress of work. His work was outstanding.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ceiling beam installation,wall and ceiling painting,under counter toe kick,washer/dryer pull reset

CATEGORY drywall,remodeling,woodworking,interior painters,doors,foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/24/2017

08/31/2017

We had new cabinets, granite counter tops, extra doors and cabinets, paint, and lighting.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They renovated my kitchen.

CATEGORY lighting,home remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/16/2016

06/30/2017

David was prompt, professional, and did great work for a fair price. He was able to come out on relatively short notice and the work was completed on time. I highly recommend him, and I would hire him again without hesitation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacement of the sub-fascia on the roof of my two-story townhouse.

CATEGORY roofing,home builders,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/30/2017

06/09/2017

This is the second job he has performed in our condo and both times did a great job. He always does more than expected. He is also a great communicator. The subs he uses are also reliable and do a great job as well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had a load bearing wall removed separating the kitchen and living room. A beam was placed to support the wall, wiring installed and lighting. The ceiling in the kitchen was changed from popcorn to flat.

CATEGORY home remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/09/2017

05/24/2017

Never showed up for schedule appointment Wednesday 4pm. Call him and at 4:20pm ask when he will be here to check out the job he said to me "I thought the appointment was for yesterday I was going to call you up and tell you why I could not come". Then tired to schedule another appointment but said he would not be able to come out to next week Thursday because of the holiday traffic in Destin. This...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Need patio doors repaired.

CATEGORY replacement windows,home builders,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/24/2017

03/11/2017

It went almost like clockwork with very few glitches. David was on time every day and told me what he would get completed that day. He is very meticulous and thinks things out to the Nth degree but the work was completed on time and on budget. I am saving money by doing the caulking, sanding and painting of the columns, but he is still available if I need him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed soffits in the kitchen removed for new cabinetry going in, I needed the ceiling re-Sheetrocked and popcorn redone. I needed new appliances installed. I needed 13 posts in the outside wrap around porch to be changed from Southern Style Farmhouse to modern Craftsman Posts.

CATEGORY decks,drywall,remodeling,siding,woodworking,home remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/24/2017

Photo for David Meyer Builder, Inc. - 417 Benning Dr, Destin, FL - 34610273

General Contractor, carpentry and painting services, windows, doors, & walls, bathroom remodeling, kitchen remodeling, Exterior repairs, porch enclosures, fireplaces, room additions, interior stairs, exterior stairs, much more.