Hometown Pest Control Inc

Florida: Pest Control Company
05/31/2023

1202 Poinsettia Dr

Delray Beach, FL 33444

Hometown Pest Control is a family owned and operated pest control company servicing North Broward, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth and West Palm Beach areas. Hometown Pest Control is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality of service and to treat every customer with the professionalism, courtesy and respect. We pledge to be a company you can count and depend on to deliver what we promised. We recognize that our success depends on satisfied customers who continue to use our service year after year and recommend us to their family, friends and neighbors. We guarantee our pest control work and, if you have a problem after your regularly scheduled service, we will return to take care of the problem....

pest control (647)lawn treatment (24)animal removal (22)lawn care (20)tree service (6)

06/11/2022

Andre P.

Horribly wrong. If you don't want to be treated as is they are always right and you are wrong, and they just don't want to hear your story, then go with another company. I spent too much time on the phone for nothing.

Description of Work
Had them take care of a rat issue

Work Completed On 06/11/2022

05/23/2022

Stephanie L.

They refused to come out and look at the problem. They told me that because I didn't have the "rat eradication" plan, I had to pay $400 for them to come out. I reminded the person on the phone, who was nice, that I didn't need them to remove any pests, I needed them to come fix the shoddy foam that they used to spray over the whole. They refused using the same reason. I have been having issues for 3 years. Why would this keep happening? Called a different exterminator, at my house within hours, fixed the issue and will provide services for the same price. I asked why would the foam be used if it doesn't work? The response? "Because they are too lazy to do it correctly."

Description of Work
I needed them to come repair the foam that was used by Hometown whole that some animal was attempting to destroy to get into my attic.

Work Completed On 05/23/2022

05/06/2022

Pauline M.

After losing one palm tree and a couple shrubs along with having three other palm trees looking like they were going to die, I called to get someone to look over these issues. I had to call several times and no one would ever get back to me. Finally I was able to get in touch with the GM and after a long discussion about how the circumstances (including non-communication) was unacceptable, I canceled their service. At this time the GM said that I would not have to pay the last bills. A year later, I received a statement from them. I emailed back the information listed here. Two months later I received a statement in the mail. I called and let them know the situation. Two months after that, I got a collections letter. I have now been calling them for over a week trying to work this situation out. They never call back, but I have been calling and talking to their A/R person almost every day for the past week. I am frustrated with how inept this company is and decided that I should warn others on how they operate.

Description of Work
Pest control and landscape fertilization

Category pest control,lawn treatment

Work Completed On 05/06/2022

04/20/2022

Alan W.

WE have Hometown come to us monthly. Tedson is our technician. He is very pleasant. Always on time. Efficient and reliable. We are very happy with his work.

Description of Work
Monthly Pest Control Spraying

Work Completed On 04/20/2022

03/28/2022

Rona W.

Joshua Morais is our exterminator. He is a very nice young man, efficient, courteous & always reliable. If it wasn't for him, I'm not sure we would have as much confidence as we do in this company. He is definitely an asset for Hometown and I hope he gets the recognition he deserves.

Description of Work
Monthly Exterminating

Work Completed On 03/28/2022

12/17/2021

Kushal C.

It has been a terrible experience from getting a quote to signing up a service in November. It took 5-6 calls just to get someone to come over and get me the quote. After signing up the service, it took multiple calls to get a person to come for the first scheduled service. I have already made 3 calls with no success to get the person to come for the second scheduled service. I am beginning to regret my decision to go with this company.

Description of Work
Regular pest control service

Work Completed On 12/15/2021

02/15/2021

ANTHONY P.

Fraud and poor customer service. I paid for an annual membership for routine pest control maintenance in July 2020. My check was cashed for $279 and no one has ever showed to provide the service. I have spent 2 months requesting a full refund. I have made numerous calls with lengthy wait times and have not been able to get a manager on the phone who could help me. I am promised over and over that Peter will call me back and he never does. I received a check from the corporate office for $69, not the full amount paid $279. I used this company the year prior without issue.

Description of Work
Routine pest control maintenance

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

Very sorry to hear that, we are looking into the situation to resolve as fast a possible. Thank you

06/22/2020

Bonnie B.

The technician performing the services obviously didn’t care about his job. He wouldn’t listen to me when I told him that I continued having issues with ants and other insects. He didn’t do a good job getting rid of the wasps nests or spider webs that are on my property. He would come monthly and spray inside my house (even near my 2 dogs) - had only been up in my attic once - didn’t do anything to take care of the weeds in my grass and I constantly had to buy bug spray and take care of the ants/fleas/house flies and wasps myself. I also wasn’t notified when my year of service had ended and he continued to come for 2 months (and I ended up paying for the 2 extra months). It was obvious that the technician didn’t care and when I had called the company’s office nothing was done to improve the service. I have canceled their service and will be finding another pest control company.

Description of Work
Pest control - indoors & outside - and lawn fertilizing/weed control

Category pest control,animal removal

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

05/10/2020

Ana Maria M.

William was very professional and made sure to explain all the process. He answered all my questions. He was very punctual. Excellent follow up on customers.

Description of Work
I needed termite extermination in my home

Category pest control,animal removal

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

02/21/2020

Giorgina L.

They were on time, polite and efficient. They were also reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Pest control work.

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

Residential Pest Control, Termite Control, Rodent Control, Lawn & Ornamental Care, & Bird Control

Ask for details.